AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-15, 21:29   Link #1881
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Othinus is the first villain ever that achieved a long term goal (and on an unprecedented scale) in this series, that makes her already more competent than any other villain so far + she's badass.
it is also undeniable that she is the most powerfull villain in the series so far so expect something like this to happen

Last edited by Bakaizer; 2013-12-16 at 01:56.
Old 2013-12-16, 00:41   Link #1882
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

i dont think there's much that you can do to past destroying the world
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-12-16, 00:58   Link #1883
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
i dont think there's much that you can do to past destroying the world
Don't underestimate Kamachi-dono. He will continue the current trend and come up with MUCH worse things.
Old 2013-12-16, 01:38   Link #1884
desrtsku
Nympholept

He can always go Demonbane mode if he wants over the absolute top feats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
That and Fiamma went against the world while Othinus make an over the top plan while hiding from the world.
Oh, my ... does that even matter when more or less the entirety of the Magic side (England, Catholics and Russia + dawn colored sunlight, Ollerus, Fiamma and Touma ... which is more hardcore than what Fiamma had to withstand during the second half of vol 22) was after Othinus in NT8, and yet she still won?
Old 2013-12-16, 03:35   Link #1885
Gray Servant

Plus Fiamma had Gabriel as a decoy the whole time, everyone was going after it leaving him free to do his business. Othinus just didn't give a crap.
Old 2013-12-16, 06:53   Link #1886
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Servant View Post
Plus Fiamma had Gabriel as a decoy the whole time, everyone was going after it leaving him free to do his business. Othinus just didn't give a crap.
Fiamma had russian soldier and gabriel while othinus also had gremlin but both didn't care for such thing.
Old 2013-12-16, 08:51   Link #1887
desrtsku
Nympholept

Actually Fiamma absolutely needed a war in order to fuel his HR. It was a necessity for his plan, so obviously he would mind ... and he got it served on a silver platter but still lost anyway.
Whereas Othinus didn't really care whether there was a war or not, whether people tried to interfere with her plans or not, whether someone finds a way to beat her or not. None of that really matters to her since she had a way to win in every situation.
Old 2013-12-16, 09:13   Link #1888
tsunade666

well fiamma unlike hothinus who has the permanent status of magic god, has no stable source of power. sure holy right is strong but its dependent on the opponent so the power level of it is more dependent on the stronger the opponent the stronger you are. So fiamma really needed that war and index because he doesn't know how to stable it. fiamma's power has lots of problem to be needed to be complete unlike hothinus who is already complete. She is already a magic got that embodies infinity possibilities but it also hinders her because it goes both ways.

see the difference? the one who is a magic god and the one who is not.
Old 2013-12-16, 11:07   Link #1889
desrtsku
Nympholept

Yeah I see it.
And I can also see that Othinus is hotter even without flames.
Old 2013-12-16, 13:39   Link #1890
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post

Oh, my ... does that even matter when more or less the entirety of the Magic side (England, Catholics and Russia + dawn colored sunlight, Ollerus, Fiamma and Touma ... which is more hardcore than what Fiamma had to withstand during the second half of vol 22) was after Othinus in NT8, and yet she still won?
Didn't she work to stop them using several decoys?

Fiamma was on "come at me bro" during the war.

Anyway, I don't see Othinus having a long life after this arc. I feel like the death flag is near her back.
Old 2013-12-17, 10:40   Link #1891
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Fiamma was on "come at me bro" during the war.
That's what makes Othinus a very competent villain and him not as much.
It's really simple. They both had to fight a big opponent, but one had a proper way to deal with it whereas the other didn't.
Spoiler for Guide to cleanse the world, by Toaru Antagonists:

PS : how do you kill someone who can't be killed?
Old 2013-12-17, 18:03   Link #1892
Miraluka
Banned

Successful or not, that's not the point, that doesn't make her charming character(exhibicionist looks aside) it's due to a lack of charisma that there is the comparison with Fiamma and Acqua, just look at the previous posts even Accelerator despite being a loser had charm since his debut.
You can have a character who pulls out a gun and shoots Touma and wins and that won't make it interesting.
Old 2013-12-18, 09:22   Link #1893
desrtsku
Nympholept

I'm looking at it with an "objective" POV, what makes a great villain is that he/she/it's competent at being a villain. Whether you like him/her/it or not is up to you. Most of you don't like the girl who is currently the most popular character in this series, that's the same idea.

Now about what you just said :

Quote:
You can have a character who pulls out a gun and shoots Touma and wins and that won't make it interesting.
Oh, now I'm pretty sure that's the kind of stuff that'll get 1000+ replies on all boards and forums. Oh yeah, it already happened. Too bad it was an unnamed and faceless character.
Quote:
a lack of charisma that there is the comparison with Fiamma and Acqua
I won't say anything about Acqua. But please do explain that so called "charisma" Fiamma is supposed to have.
Old 2013-12-18, 11:37   Link #1894
Acer
Death to the infidels!

no matter where you look, you will never find a fully comprehensive answer to the meaning of charisma, it is something like a personal vision + that most people decide whether a individul keep or not. in my case I always thought Touma is charismatic, and a while ago I think the Mikoto is unbearable. We should follow the teachings of our ancestors and take a vote to decide such matters, since the voice of the people is the voice of God.
Old 2013-12-18, 11:55   Link #1895
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

That sounds uncivilized. And vote on characters, you mean? that already happens and she's luckily been voted 1st place for a long long time now. :3
Old 2013-12-18, 14:39   Link #1896
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I meant in the case of Othinus, if she is charismatic or not ...............................or not and continue with this discussion, it is fun to read.
Old 2013-12-18, 14:41   Link #1897
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Aha. Didn't see you specify Othinus. You only mentioned Touma & Mikoto. In that case, what's the point really? it won't change anything.
Old 2013-12-18, 14:44   Link #1898
Acer
Death to the infidels!

you talk as if I have all the answers.
Old 2013-12-18, 14:55   Link #1899
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
you talk as if I have all the answers.
I know you don't. that's why I didn't quote you like right now!
Old 2013-12-18, 15:06   Link #1900
Acer
Death to the infidels!

but personally it would be nice to know what people who attend the forum think about Othinus, and that is, I do not enter here anymore until volume 9 be finalized, goodbye.
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions