AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 26 34.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 46.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-19, 09:49   Link #441
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I wonder if there'll be a twist to the story in that the gruff, unpleasant, war-mongering, unlikeable old TSAB officer who actively dislikes our main characters... suddenly turns out to be their best ally.
Yes, it's done before...It's not the most used cliche ever, but it's presence is constituted. However, for situations to reach that level of implication... it would mean that someone REALLY high up is the real corrupt bastard.

Besides, so far, Regius is not that bad. He's pretty stereotypical as far as his archetype goes... It's not a good thing, but it's not neccesarily bad either depending on the logic of his execution...which we'll obviously see in the coming episodes, in some degree. Hayate may have the nepotism button, but I'd reckon she'd be the type to not need reliance on something like that unless things turn really drastic...

Anyway, I'll be all the more happy if they can drag in Graham even a wee bit into the things...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-19, 11:00   Link #442
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Thinking about what I've said before...

RF6 is under ground forces right? So how much control does the Admirals from Navy have over them... Enough to say "Screw you Regius" ?
Old 2007-06-19, 11:05   Link #443
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
[Edit:] New skill found!
Moe Shield: If inflicted with an attack that isn't 100x higher than your current HP, the attack has no effect and cannot kill you.
Teach that skill!
Old 2007-06-19, 12:00   Link #444
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say I was surprised when the news came out that Chrono and Amy were together. Admittingly I watched both the original and As pretty much all at once a few weeks before StrikerS started. Figured he'd be single or at least not married off to Amy who I thought was just a friend. Had hoped he'd end up with one of the Aces, but as I've learned quite well people creating shows don't listen to me. If they did I'd have a nice paycheque.

I'm not worried about Regius himself. Though anyone higher up that might listen to him could at least cause some problems for RF6. One slip up and they could be dealing with something that they don't want to be.
Old 2007-06-19, 13:20   Link #445
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Have to say I was surprised when the news came out that Chrono and Amy were together. Admittingly I watched both the original and As pretty much all at once a few weeks before StrikerS started. Figured he'd be single or at least not married off to Amy who I thought was just a friend. Had hoped he'd end up with one of the Aces, but as I've learned quite well people creating shows don't listen to me. If they did I'd have a nice paycheque.
it was probably a shotgun wedding
Old 2007-06-19, 13:29   Link #446
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
chrono actually wanted fate chan but as xellos said amy got out the shotgun...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Anyway, I'll be all the more happy if they can drag in Graham even a wee bit into the things...
my main joy in seeing that would be seeing his "daughters" again ~ i wonder if they are still all over chrono :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-19, 14:10   Link #447
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

What groups handle subbing anyway? All I know is Triad and Yesy or something. And apparently Triad dropped StrikerS in favor of another anime.

It really bites to only have subs up to 9, when the series is up to 12.
Old 2007-06-19, 14:23   Link #448
Mirificus

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
What groups handle subbing anyway? All I know is Triad and Yesy or something. And apparently Triad dropped StrikerS in favor of another anime.

It really bites to only have subs up to 9, when the series is up to 12.
Nanoha/DGz and yesy are subbing StrikerS.
Old 2007-06-19, 14:27   Link #449
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Triad used to sub, but they dropped Nanoha because they found the training episodes to be too boring to even continue watching the show, much less subbing it.

The two groups Nanoha and DamagedGoodz are also subbing, as far as I know (navigating their forums is a nightmare).

Yesy is the most up-to-date of these two. They've recently slowed down somewhat, but I am confident they will finish it.
Old 2007-06-19, 14:34   Link #450
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I can never remember the names of all these new people... XD
It really bites. >:

*Rewatches 12* Nothing better ta do... Plus I did notice Nanoha's Barrier Jacket changed when she was using Excellion.
Old 2007-06-19, 15:42   Link #451
Retsoor

What is the meaning of pairing Lutecia with Erio? What a bunch of sickos.

On a completely unrelated note, this episode brings us enough material to illuminate Zest's and Lutecia's relationship, courtesy of Agito. Now, amateurs or a group of slackjawed lollygaggers might translate 'danna' as something that denotes respect for an elder and more experienced male figure within a fixed subject group, but if you see further than skin-deep it is clear that she is referring to a "master of the house" figure, i.e. her mistress's husband.

As we can see from the preview for episode thirteen, Zest meets Lutecia in a burning house, where all she held dear perished, and Zest offers her his hand, but not without a price. You see, Zest, an old veteran of the field has come to the realization that life with only a youth's zest is lonely, and would like some female companionship. Lutecia, driven by vengeance but not by love, accepts his proposal but makes a counterdemand of her own, it will not be consummated before her vengeance has been dealt with.

This was the beginning premise of their relationship, and the reason they wander searching for the lost Relic that is a crucial object in Lutecia's revenge. However, things have taken a turn. Doctor Jailbait has appeared, and Lutecia is not unwilling to go with his plans. Zest, burning with jealousy, ofttimes takes off on his own to search for the Relic to hinder Jailbait's influence over Lutecia and to open her gardens of delight.

Lutecia, to her surprise, has grown to love Zest and would like to spend the rest of her days with him, but can't due to the vow of vengeance she has taken, which she feels, if broken, would sully her and Zest's future relationship. What we saw when she saw the Relic she lost was not the one she sought, was a complex array of emotions varying on hope that it is still attainable, and misery and despair over her unfulfilled revenge and seemingly hopeless love for Zest. If they continue much farther on this road Lutecia will only become more apathetic and withdrawn, and Zest will be consumed by his jealousy and innate rage.

Tragic.
Old 2007-06-19, 15:58   Link #452
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor View Post

On a completely unrelated note, this episode brings us enough material to illuminate Zest's and Lutecia's relationship, courtesy of Agito. Now, amateurs or a group of slackjawed lollygaggers might translate 'danna' as something that denotes respect for an elder and more experienced male figure within a fixed subject group, but if you see further than skin-deep it is clear that she is referring to a "master of the house" figure, i.e. her mistress's husband.

As we can see from the preview for episode thirteen, Zest meets Lutecia in a burning house, where all she held dear perished, and Zest offers her his hand, but not without a price. You see, Zest, an old veteran of the field has come to the realization that life with only a youth's zest is lonely, and would like some female companionship. Lutecia, driven by vengeance but not by love, accepts his proposal but makes a counterdemand of her own, it will not be consummated before her vengeance has been dealt with.

This was the beginning premise of their relationship, and the reason they wander searching for the lost Relic that is a crucial object in Lutecia's revenge. However, things have taken a turn. Doctor Jailbait has appeared, and Lutecia is not unwilling to go with his plans. Zest, burning with jealousy, ofttimes takes off on his own to search for the Relic to hinder Jailbait's influence over Lutecia and to open her gardens of delight.

Lutecia, to her surprise, has grown to love Zest and would like to spend the rest of her days with him, but can't due to the vow of vengeance she has taken, which she feels, if broken, would sully her and Zest's future relationship. What we saw when she saw the Relic she lost was not the one she sought, was a complex array of emotions varying on hope that it is still attainable, and misery and despair over her unfulfilled revenge and seemingly hopeless love for Zest. If they continue much farther on this road Lutecia will only become more apathetic and withdrawn, and Zest will be consumed by his jealousy and innate rage.

Tragic.
ah wow, um you though this through havn't you Sounds complex but the logic is there, even if I don't like the idea, well not yet (LxZ is kinda odd of a pairing if you ask me but then again the writers could surprise us) Well will know if its true next ep now won't we
Old 2007-06-19, 16:20   Link #453
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:

Tragic.
*facepalm* Riiiiight....
Spoiler for Gone berserk:

Be careful, be very careful, Knight Zest....
Old 2007-06-19, 17:26   Link #454
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I feel that I should just harp on this since it obviously bothers you so much The others would probably tend to your mushroom-induce speech

But no, you're mistaken, we don't just want Lutecia, after what Erio's been through and what he's most likely about to go through again in battle.

We want the whole package. EVERY loli

In the mean time though, a few of us would be focusing demonic energies into causing the two of them to end up in a remote, uninhabited island where Erio could do his thing without the distractions like the ones of this episode !

(...Damn I'm evil ...)
Old 2007-06-19, 17:28   Link #455
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm sorry, but I feel that I should just harp on this since it obviously bothers you so much
Chaos is at it again

On another note: Who says blonde loli will wake up and stcik to Nanoha in the next few episodes? I know I do
Old 2007-06-19, 17:33   Link #456
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Chaos is at it again
I'm alittle 'high' after finally finishing that post in the humor thread

(Hmm, maybe I should get out some images...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
On another note: Who says blonde loli will wake up and stcik to Nanoha in the next few episodes? I know I do
That's why I lost interest in her
Old 2007-06-19, 17:37   Link #457
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm alittle 'high' after finally finishing that post in the humor thread

[size="1'](Hmm, maybe I should get out some images...)[/size]

That's why I lost interest in her
How can you hate the poor liitle Vivio just cause shes attached to Nanoha. Chaos is being mean to the ppor thing. besides ...

... it sets up so perfectly for Erio^^ (this being that Caro has been adopted by Fate or Lindy) cause it sets up for once its a loli not related by blood scenario^^ Give the poor girl a chance^^
Old 2007-06-19, 17:40   Link #458
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity85 View Post
How can you hate the poor liitle Vivio just cause shes attached to Nanoha. Chaos is being mean to the ppor thing. besides ...
Wait wait I said 'Lost interest', not 'hate'....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity85 View Post
... it sets up so perfectly for Erio^^ (this being that Caro has been adopted by Fate or Lindy) cause it sets up for once its a loli not related by blood scenario^^ Give the poor girl a chance^^
Hmm, I guess you may be right, but I'll see...
Old 2007-06-19, 18:21   Link #459
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Makes sense enough for me. Just give Erio all the lolis . He's had a pretty tough few episodes so he deserves a bit after all that going on. Won't hurt Lutecia to have a good guy like him anyways.

I just lost track personally of Vivio because of all the action going on. Should be interesting to see her after she gets up and how she gets along with everyone.

Anyways, bring on the lone island scenario! It must happen sooner or later.
Old 2007-06-19, 18:30   Link #460
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Just 1 point i want to bring up. Was there a reason why no one setup a barrier like in A's, that would have keep the # girls form escaping?