AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-27, 08:29   Link #221
Mi-Delta

I don't think Makoto deserves to die. He just need to have his "male" part cut off.

The one who's truly at fault is Sekai. If it weren't for her "special training", chances Makoto won't have the guts to become a playboy.
Old 2008-08-28, 11:16   Link #222
Solafighter
Hige

Well i thought about it a while and from my standpoint, nobody deserved to die. Well Sekai loved Makoto so much, that she wanted to set him up with Katsura, since he loved her. Well just to bad, that Sekai couldnt control herself. Poor girl.
Old 2008-09-01, 11:22   Link #223
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Unhappy

Well, speaking as a guy who did some very nasty things as a teenager (and even as an young adult), I can't honestly believe that serious, mature persons would actually advocate the death penalty for a kid like Makoto. Honestly, that's just irresponsible behavior - hurtful, of course, but by no means meriting a death penalty.
I learned to be a better person, through my mistakes - I know I've caused a lot of pain to a lot of girls, but I probably wouldn't be the first one to say my wife is a very happy person. Who's to say, then, that a kid Makoto's age couldn't have turned out just the same?
To me, the ending of the anime brought about a lot of visceral feelings: yeah, he was a leech; yeah, he deserved some punishment; but he did not deserve to die. Alas, we don't always get what we deserve.
Old 2008-09-03, 20:30   Link #224
iori21

i don't think he deserved to die but i think is Sekais fault because instead of telling how she felt about him she goes and helps him "practice" . I think this is how all this mess started

that aside he could have ended alone seeing how everyone had a happy life without him
Old 2008-09-04, 05:17   Link #225
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by iori21 View Post
i don't think he deserved to die but i think is Sekais fault because instead of telling how she felt about him she goes and helps him "practice" . I think this is how all this mess started
Sure, that was the catalyst of his change from shy youngster to sex-fiend, but, honestly... blaming it only on the girl doesn't help. A big part of growing up is taking responsibility for your actions. And that was his biggest mistake.
Well, that and shacking up with psycho girls.
Old 2008-09-04, 07:45   Link #226
jommoj

Lightbulb It all comes down to Sekai

at first i think that makoto, what a scumbag he had it coming...but the more i think about it the less sympathy i have for sekai...in fact i place 90% of the blame with her - controversial though this may be
...but look at it first she sets mak and koto up, but then who suggests the "practise"??? maybe makoto should have been stronger but he is (i imagine) a 16yr old boy i cannot imagine any 16 yr old boy being able to refuse the oh so innocently suggested practise, being realistic. Then the flashback shows her even before that encouraging setsuna kiyora?!?!
Then the pregnancy, yes makoto was a scumbag about it, but some might say that if you're going to steal your friend's bf after setting them up together and continue sleeping with him constantly behind her back (remember she also encouraged kotonoha not to give him anything to easily before givin it up as practise in 2 minutes her self!?!?)
its almost a dark, cruel and yet subtle poetic justice that he should then cheat on her and to some extent she set herself up to end up with a baby and a cheatin babydaddy
...then the murder, crime of passion? yes but also somewhat premeditated is it not - she even texts him "sorry" and "goodbye" before stabbing him and hey it was only the father of her unborn child!
Having written this I'm now more convinced that sekai is to blame and was clearly unbalanced from the start trying to get close to makoto by setting him up with someone else?!?!
Makoto was a 16 yr old boy and though he was a scumbag for continuing affairs behind all their backs in each case the girls threw themselves at him: sekai, with the "practise"; otome, jumped on him in the lounge; hikari, goes round to his house to "tell him to cheer sekai up"?!?!;even setsuna kiyori, kids herself that she's helping sekai - bullshit; the other three as a group go to "find out how good he really is"?!?! (16 yr old boys not gonna turn down a free foursome....ever...ever!!!)
I think the only person you can truly have any real sympathy for is kitonaha but even she was really just a little bit simple, choosing to completely ignore the fact that she knew he was cheating on her with more than one girl - kinda asking for it after you've seen it twice ...fool me once....
Old 2008-09-04, 08:17   Link #227
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Like I said before, Sekai has a big part in the development of the late Makoto's actions...

BUT.

She's not the only one to blame. She was also, just a young kid who fell in love and couldn't let go of her feelings. And that's what led to all the pain they caused and received.

Old 2008-09-06, 11:30   Link #228
gigaloki
The Silent Ninja Perv

Send a message via Yahoo to gigaloki
Quote:
Originally Posted by miske View Post
Imo not only Makoto,but Sekai deserved to die too.If they didn't,i don't think we will get a point from creators.That doesn't mean to pick up a knife and start to kill anyone that hurt us.Its not real life,its an anime.Ofc in real life if something like that occured(deaths like Makoto's and Sekai) ,i wouldn't like it.The creators want from us to think something from the deaths of Makoto and Sekai,and for me this deaths are symbolic.Almost all characters from the anime were selfish.But Makoto and Sekai were selfish above normal level,they were totally selfish.And in the end Makoto and Sekai,bearers of totally selfishness, died.Its like the creators killed over-selfishness.So the point for us(viewers) imo is to dont be so selfish.

I agree with u my friend... Selfishness must be DONE!

I think they should also kill tatsuya (the friend of makoto if i misspelled it) that motherfucker raped my katsura huhuu
Old 2008-09-06, 12:20   Link #229
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaloki View Post
I think they should also kill tatsuya (the friend of makoto if i misspelled it) that motherfucker raped my katsura huhuu
I don't think he knew she was in such a warped state. At least, not in the anime, anyway... as for the game... that's another story altogether.

Old 2008-09-09, 07:50   Link #230
typhonsentra

What was different in the game? It seemed in the show that he thought she liked him.
Old 2008-09-09, 08:33   Link #231
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Exactly. In the game, he has no reason to think that, in one of the outcomes. There are others, tho.

Old 2008-09-09, 08:36   Link #232
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
What was different in the game?
In the game there was more then one ending and the one you get depends on the chooses you make with Makoto...oh and a lot of sex..
Old 2008-09-09, 09:07   Link #233
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Too bad it was censored.

Old 2008-09-09, 18:12   Link #234
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

O_o In the manga,Kotonoha died,so I heard....I find it oddly better that Makoto died...But I don't think he really deserved to die. He did break Kotonoha,and was a loser on such a high level due to his behavior but he didn't deserve to die....? I have no idea what fate he should have though.
Old 2008-09-09, 23:08   Link #235
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

I already posted here. But I have to say I found somehow funny that the most active thread in this sub-forum is the place where one has to judge and sentence Makoto I wonder why isn't this a poll.

To be on topic, Makoto didn't deserve to die. Kotonoha and Sekai might have gotten what they deserve (be it manga or anime). But Makoto deserved something worst than death. A neverending pain would suit him better.

Now I can go to bed.
Old 2008-09-10, 18:01   Link #236
Plun

No, Makoto didn't deserve to die. He does deserve a hard beating that will make him spend his life in the hospital for a long long time. Not death.
Old 2008-09-11, 01:31   Link #237
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

just by cutting his reproductive organ will do
Old 2008-09-11, 01:36   Link #238
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

No Makoto doesn't deserve to die... he should instead have a ranma type curse applied... so that he may see what it feels like to be on the receiving end of his behavior...

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Old 2008-09-11, 07:07   Link #239
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeah, like he was actually forcing himself on all the girls, eh?

Old 2008-09-15, 09:47   Link #240
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
just by cutting his reproductive organ will do

Agree adding only a comment... without anesthesia
Closed Thread