AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-26, 15:23   Link #1021
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Well that was surprising! I wasn't expecting that at all.
With Kaname I wonder if he did die, it sure made it seem that way. But maybe he will show up later. For Manaka, it seems like she was maybe sealed in the bottom of the sea.

Come on just give us a time skip already....-_-
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 15:37   Link #1022
Dr. Casey

... damn. That was some powerful stuff.

The preview all but directly confirmed that there will be a timeskip, and with Manaka and Kaname possibly out of the picture, it seems that things will be significantly different for the Winter 2014 stretch of Nagi no Asukara. I was a bit worried that things post-timeskip would be too similar to the way things were pre-timeskip thanks to the main characters being given the fishman equivalent of cryogenic freezing (and one of the main appeals of timeskips is of course the huge sense of contrast from earlier material, the sense that the characters have lived and experienced a whole lot and gone through some very meaningful things), but it doesn't seem that will be an issue. Chisaki might not be present in the next episode (14 might be a quiet one that focuses upon the secondary cast from the looks of it, with the principal characters not returning for an episode or two), though I'll be curious to see whether she'll feel guilty over some of her recent interactions with Kaname. That's not to say she deserves to feel guilty or anything, she never actually did anything wrong, but guilt would be a natural response (justified or not) to hurting the feelings of one of your best friends during his final days. Whether she had romantic feelings for Kaname or not during the period where he was alive, the pair of confessions along with his subsequent death - assuming he is in fact dead, anyway - might've impacted her enough that she developed those kinds of feelings for him posthumously.

This is a really damn good show.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 15:37   Link #1023
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, that was fun. Manaka really hit the ground hard there, huh? I expected her to get swallowed up, not pancaked.
That had to take quite bit of force to do that, since she's underwater.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 15:40   Link #1024
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Sorry but I had to do it:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 15:56   Link #1025
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Sorry but I had to do it:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Needs a punch line.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 16:19   Link #1026
forcerounds

I was not expecting Kaname to abandon ship like that.
forcerounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 16:57   Link #1027
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

-_\\\. It's one of the best series this year. Haters gonna hate (с)

Last edited by Flower; 2013-12-26 at 17:55. Reason: Original quote removed due to nasty tone of post
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 16:57   Link #1028
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
-_\\\. It's one of the best series this year. Haters gonna hate (с)
Hahahaha good joke bro .
Old 2013-12-26, 17:00   Link #1029
VTHokiePride

I expected Manaka or Akari to be the sacrifice. I doubt Kaname died. This show doesn't give me the impression that the writers are going to kill any of the characters off. I agree with the above poster that mentioned Manaka was sealed at the bottom of the sea. For Hikari, I'm not sure since a force blasted him upward. Maybe he went on his own to find Manaka. What was with that bubble that enveloped the city? Did it make the town disappear?
Old 2013-12-26, 17:02   Link #1030
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Hahahaha good joke bro .
Hai-hai. Don't even try
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 17:09   Link #1031
Sakuratsuki

This anime is getting better and better. Definitely the best anime this season.

Okada great job!! (and still 13 episodes to go......too excited too see what she has in store for us).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
It's fine to dislike the series, though I'm not sure why the story featuring a unimitigated disaster of drama and tragedies is automatically a bad thing. I don't think it's a poorly-written unmitigated disaster, so that shouldn't be a strike against it unless interesting things happening is bad or any amount of drama is instantly melodrama.
Well dr.casey... Haters gonna hate. I like this anime. is it weird

Last edited by Flower; 2013-12-26 at 18:04. Reason: Sorry - cleaning up the thread for unneeded vulgarity atm....
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 17:34   Link #1032
Dr. Casey

It's fine to dislike the series, though I'm not sure why the story featuring a unimitigated disaster of drama and tragedies is automatically a bad thing. I don't think it's a poorly-written unmitigated disaster, so that shouldn't be a strike against it unless interesting things happening is bad or any amount of drama is instantly melodrama.

Last edited by Flower; 2013-12-26 at 18:04. Reason: Sorry - cleaning up the thread for unneeded vulgarity atm....
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 17:35   Link #1033
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Predictable but very exciting development. What is going to happen now that Manaka is gone and the sea people are asleep? It looks Shioshishio was sealed off too, so that means the three remaining kids can't go back. The preview makes it sound like Hikari has disappeared as well. Maybe Chisaki will be the only one we'll see for a while (living at Tsumugu's place of course... ). I wouldn't mind if (grown-up) Miuna became the new heroine, at least temporarily. She's best girl. I'm really happy she didn't have to lose her mom again.

The long awaited timeskip is almost there. Can't wait.
Old 2013-12-26, 18:00   Link #1034
Arya

Wow. What a cliffhanger!! Powerful execution! If Manaka's was foreshadowed by herself putting that mask on her face and confirmed in this episode when delayed her supposed confession, I wasn't expecting at all the whole Tsugumu/Chisaki/Kaname thing. Props to Kaname who helped Chisaki saving "her" Tsumugu despite, well, that! RIP Kaname. (well, we don't know if he is really dead yet, he basically said that he will love her forever despite whatever ... and Okada doesn't use words by chance).

Anyways, damn Okada. Basically my ship sailed and sank at the same time. I don't know if Chisaki will be able to recover from her guilt feelings. And if she will be really the only one survivor we have to add to that even her survivor guilt.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 18:04   Link #1035
Irenesharda

Wow, this episode was really good and the best I've seen this week. The ceremony was breathtaking and the appearance of the sea god was awesome. However, it amazes me that they go through all of this to hope that the sea god listens to their prayers and yet when the sea god actually appears they suddenly panic that he's going to do what they asked him to do? If you offer yourself as a human sacrifice, fully expect for the god to take you up on the offer.

I think Uroko, being a part of the sea god knew that the problem with the sea ceremony was that they had started offering wooden dolls in place of the real thing and the sea god was tired of not being taken seriously. Which was part of why he was losing his power. A living sacrifice was what the ceremony originally required and why the sea god responded this time.

Also interesting that only ones who go to help the kids and Akari isn't her fiance or any of the adults but just these 4 preteen kids.

I wonder what happened to the 4 of them, especially Manaka, Kaname, and Hikari? Also what happened to the people of the sea, are they all asleep now?

Also next episode looks to be a timeskip of some sort, whether days, weeks, months, or years, I can't tell. And what was the significance of the sea god knocking down the fisherman's pillar? They seemed intent in showing us him destroying it purposefully, so I just wondered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I can't believe what I saw in this episode. I thought everything is going so well with the Ofunehiki festival going on, but when Uroko-sama started using his ritual, it gets messed up. I really didn't expect Manaka and Kaname to get involved in a moment that ressemble death, I don't think they will die, just being trapped somewhere along with the others being stuck in Uroko-sama's evil plan.
Well, it really wasn't an evil plan. He just refrained from telling them the truth, that the sea god was only going to respond to a living sacrifice. Those wooden dolls weren't cutting it. He didn't tell them because they would go all nuts and everything over the idea of human sacrifice, and as he said, he's a part of the sea god, and so think as he does and has desires as he does. He's not a human, nor does he think or act like one. He was doing what he believes is right for the sea people.

However, Akari and the others really only have themselves to blame. Uroko told them time and again to forget the ceremony, but they were stubborn and wanted to see if they could change the sea god's mind by doing a maiden sacrifice ceremony. And yet they were surprised when the god actually takes them up on their offer?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-12-26 at 18:17.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 18:19   Link #1036
ices
Working Hard

Wow, just WOW, I can't believe it... This half-cour ended with a bang.

So, to summarise:
- The one on the surface: Tsumugu, Chisaki, and Akari (showed up on the surface at the end)
- Unknown: Hikari
- Taken by the Sea God: Manaka
- Probably dead (or not): Kaname

I'll bet the next will be Tsumugu and Chisaki arc.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 18:26   Link #1037
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Wow, this episode was really good and the best I've seen this week. The ceremony was breathtaking and the appearance of the sea god was awesome. However, it amazes me that they go through all of this to hope that the sea god listens to their prayers and yet when the sea god actually appears they suddenly panic that he's going to do what they asked him to do? If you offer yourself as a human sacrifice, fully expect for the god to take you up on the offer.

I think Uroko, being a part of the sea god knew that the problem with the sea ceremony was that they had started offering wooden dolls in place of the real thing and the sea god was tired of not being taken seriously. Which was part of why he was losing his power. A living sacrifice was what the ceremony originally required and why the sea god responded this time.

Also interesting that only ones who go to help the kids and Akari isn't her fiance or any of the adults but just these 4 preteen kids.

I wonder what happened to the 4 of them, especially Manaka, Kaname, and Hikari? Also what happened to the people of the sea, are they all asleep now?

Also next episode looks to be a timeskip of some sort, whether days, weeks, months, or years, I can't tell. And what was the significance of the sea god knocking down the fisherman's pillar? They seemed intent in showing us him destroying it purposefully, so I just wondered.

Well, it really wasn't an evil plan. He just refrained from telling them the truth, that the sea god was only going to respond to a living sacrifice. Those wooden dolls weren't cutting it. He didn't tell them because they would go all nuts and everything over the idea of human sacrifice, and as he said, he's a part of the sea god, and so think as he does and has desires as he does. He's not a human, nor does he think or act like one. He was doing what he believes is right for the sea people.

However, Akari and the others really only have themselves to blame. Uroko told them time and again to forget the ceremony, but they were stubborn and wanted to see if they could change the sea god's mind by doing a maiden sacrifice ceremony. And yet they were surprised when the god actually takes them up on their offer?
but what the sea god did create a big paradox and dont make much sense

the cerimony is to prevent the calamity and sea peoples going to sleep, but just dont worked, the sea people goes sleep anyway this turn the cerimony pointless and the sea god dont did what he was suipposed to do

and is a paradox since manaka asked to sea god to no LET THE PEOPLES WHO LOVE EACH OTHER fall apart from each other, but in the end this is what happened, manaka get separated from hikari, kaname get separated from chisaki, this means who the sea god don really hear manaka then he dont have the right to claim her(this was a paradox).

i dont buy kaname dead since he just get throwed on water and he is a sea person then this means who he can't die by drowning and the way he fall dont look like something who he could died from the "fall", is more safe to assume he also goes sleep with others sea peoples than died, lika hikari.

is more safe assume who kaname and hikari was throwed to sleep with the other sea peoples.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2013-12-26 at 20:00.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 18:33   Link #1038
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Hai-hai. Don't even try
I don't even need *points at the sales*
Old 2013-12-26, 18:49   Link #1039
Kirarakim

My god a cliffhanger and right before a one week break...NOoooooooooooooooooooooo!

But now that I got that out the scene in the beginning with Hikari talking about how he loves Manaka but how everyone is precious to him...can I give that boy a hug?

About sales while I would have loved for this series to sell well, sales say nothing about the quality of a series so don't even go there...
Old 2013-12-26, 18:51   Link #1040
Excorsism

Looks like Kaname is the Noe of Nagi no Asakura.

Poor guy, helps his potential rival only to turned into pancakes. Or something else.

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen