AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Asatte no Houkou

Notices

Old 2006-10-06, 18:24   Link #21
evil-samurai

Hmm... well I'd say it reminds me of Zettai Shonen Art-wise a little, plus the whole well paced Slife-of-Life feel to it. Most shows that I've seen that have dealt with body switching are always comedy, very interested in seeing where this one will go.

The characters seem interesting enough, designs are good plus I like the work they put into the clothing.

And yes, Its one of the better shows this season =) I didn't think much of it before watching it, but it turned out to be really nice!

EDIT// -- Perfert Show for making Gifs/Avatars =)

Not sure about the flowing.. hair >.> but it turned out alright I thought. Still.. messing with it a little I got this.

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-10-06 at 20:45.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 19:33   Link #22
Srin Tuar
無謀

Wow, nice surprise ending.
The slow pace and angsty-drama right off bat had almost lost me. After having just watched kanon I'm afraid to watch too much depressing stuff.

I don't know if I would have made it to the end of this show if it wastn for the sheer cuteness of karada.

Then all the sudden, a twist at the ending and I'm hooked
Can't wait to see what happens next.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 22:10   Link #23
NeoSam

Volume 3 of the seinen manga Asatte no Houkou will be released on 10/10/2006.

I'll post its cover when its available.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-10-06 at 22:36. Reason: :P
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 13:27   Link #24
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

I agree with everyone here. This is one of the better series. With hordes of fanservicey shows this season, it's rather refreshing. I like how they take it seriously rather than making it into a comedy show.

I don't really get why they show the sister as a loli for almost the entire OP, when she "grew up" by the end of ep1. Does that mean that she will transform back and forth throughout the seires?
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 13:38   Link #25
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo View Post
Does that mean that she will transform back and forth throughout the seires?
At the moment, I suspect that is the central question (I've few others) what is feeding the anticipation for the next episode. That was totally unexpected though we were given a tiny headsup when the air of change was coming when the moon comes out from under the cloud prior to their changing. Magical stones at its work.

P.S. I'm claiming the static image of the cutie pie by Evil Samurai-san!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 13:45   Link #26
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo View Post
I don't really get why they show the sister as a loli for almost the entire OP, when she "grew up" by the end of ep1.
I think the better question to ask is "where is the other girl?"

...and she looks like the child form of Akane and acts like Yuzuyu

Finally, an unknown series that excited me. Other than Kanon, the rest have been so-so to me so far. This series is quite different from what I expected, and that is a good thing.

Recommanded
Old 2006-10-07, 14:35   Link #27
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
I think the better question to ask is "where is the other girl?"
Yeah, I am wondering the same thing as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
At the moment, I suspect that is the central question (I've few others) what is feeding the anticipation for the next episode. That was totally unexpected though we were given a tiny headsup when the air of change was coming when the moon comes out from under the cloud prior to their changing. Magical stones at its work.
Now you mention the moon, I sort of see the connection.

Perhaps the OP in ep. 1 is just a temporary OP, and they will have a different one later on.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 14:58   Link #28
wao
OK.

I'm surprised that this show took a relatively ok take on the theme. Despite there being a lot of things I get tired of easily (cute loli waking up her onii-san and making wonderful lunches despite being only 12, said onii-san looking like a potential candidate for an erogame main character because his face is hidden half the time, etc)... they all came with an unusual flavour.

The loli doesn't want to stay as a loli and she's not just a stereotypical girl who's all cute and good at cooking - but, surprise!, wants to be accorded due respect and treated like an adult, and not as a kid. Her relationship with her brother and the things she wrote on the fridge were quite effectively telling of this. So at least something carries over to her personality, rather than her being good at housework just for convenience's sake. You would expect a kid who can do so much properly would like something proper back.

Hiro's old friend I've-forgotten-her-name-already seemed quite bitter, though. But at the same time she seems rather world-weary and that probably explains why she probably has a secret inner desire to return to being a child, so that she could be coddled. It's kind of pathetic to be jealous of a guy's younger sister... to the point of saying those mean things to her. Shizuka Itou did a great job, her words truly felt piercing and sharp and made her character come alive, in a way.

I think what actually made me even bother trying this out originally was looking at screenshots of the episode. The backgrounds are beautiful (the train in the OP was just so romantic and gorgeous!), and the scenes in general are great. You really get a strong taste of summer. And of course, the music - it was extremely effective, and it turns out the music was done by Shinkichi Mitsumune. I liked his stuff in Utena and Speed Grapher, and apparently his stuff for Negima (the first one) was really good too.

Another thing is that the character designs are done by Ikuko Ito. It's prolly irrelevant here, but she did come up with the original story behind Princess Tutu, which is one of my most favourite anime, so I thought of checking it out just for the heck of it. Even then, I was pretty sure I'd end up dropping this (and I don't particularly like J.C. Staff)... but I'm glad I checked it out, I think I'll keep watching.

What could be improved is probably somewhat tighter directing. It still felt like it could have gone further, but I wouldn't know how to say how. I guess it's just not amazing, but certainly not bad. I guess you could say it's notoriously hard to direct slice-of-life shows brilliantly. And I'm not a big fan of the designs here, but they're not distracting.
Old 2006-10-07, 17:43   Link #29
NeoSam

And more cute lolis in volume 3

Loli twin blonds >.<

Here is the cover of volume 3 of the seinen(young men's) manga Asatte no Houkou

Seinen manga.
Serialized in: Comic Blade MASAMUNE
Old 2006-10-08, 04:07   Link #30
yura`

This show sounds promising, and appears to be one of those rare gems which goes unnoticed amidst the hype over some 'better-known' animes... is any group subbing this?
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 04:45   Link #31
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by yura` View Post
...is any group subbing this?
AndrewLB's wiki says that ureshii plans to do it, but their website doesn't mention it. I sure hope someone does. The first Chinese fansub is out.

And I've been meaning to say that I think the use of sound in the opening scene is as atmospheric as I've ever heard.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-08 at 04:59.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 05:30   Link #32
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

[13:06:23] <Quajafrie> Will you sub Asatte no Houkou?
[13:14:27] <&Emotee> Yes

Yay!
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 22:28   Link #33
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Lunar got the first episode out!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 02:02   Link #34
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Great ^^ I can't wait for the second episode to come out >.<

Now, I want those blonds in the anime as soon as possible hopefully unlike the other two that wanted to get bigger/younger, these blonds want to be loli forever
Old 2006-10-09, 03:50   Link #35
Cal-Reflector

In all of the shows of the new season, this was the only I bothered to look up the website of, after seeing the list and brief images. The quality of the production seems very promising, and most importantly, the two main characters, Karada and Shouko, are immediately endearing in their separate and opposite ways.

I ought to admit here that I dig Glasses on Girls, so there, my bias.

On top of which its a rather interesting premise; the set up of one of the primary romantic interests being an ex is also quite original... at least, of the few such types of shows I've seen.

Recommended.
Old 2006-10-09, 05:40   Link #36
AisuruMirai
箱者

I can't remember the last time a first episode was as engrossing as this. I'm a big fan of this type of animation, both for the characters & for the non-glossy, painted-looking backgrounds. & I'm delighted at the way the "camera" lingers over things, just a moment more than one would expect, or captures something slightly unusual. Like the rear wheel of Nogami's bicycle. The backs of Karada's knees & the top of the chair on which she stands in the kitchen. The backs of her feet sunlit as she adds another item to her list. For me, it's Nogami that makes this episode what it is emotionally: Each subtle expression on her face translates for us some small bit of a past so painful that she's run away alone to start from zero. I hadn't known anything about Asatte no Houkou until I watched a brief web promo. If I had heard that it's about an adult & a child switching places, I would have been probably more than a bit turned off by it. But starting w/o preconceptions, I fell in love w/ this show. I could watch 20 episodes of just the "uneventful" stuff before the last scene, to be honest. The voice acting is excellent (Itou Shizuka is amazing). The music is brilliant: Both the OP & ED have a definite countryside feel to them--tender, humble--that fits very well, & the background music is perfect.

Usually I just follow wao & MrProphet & Kaoru Chujo around & watch some of what they recommend, but having been intrigued in advance by the promo, I got a head start on this one. I've watched it 3 times already & it'll be just a few minutes before Lunar's fansub is all in one piece on my hard drive.

Hooray!
アイスル未来
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 05:41   Link #37
AisuruMirai
箱者

oops. double post. how'd that happen?
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 07:51   Link #38
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

I am sold.....
I definitely didn't see that one coming,this year is special.

The thing I still don't understand is if shouko really came without knowing or if she did it on purpose.
And why does "ni-san" look so much like Air's main character.This is really weird,I expect every minute to see a blond loli saying "gugu"(or something like that).
If it isn't a scary thought then I don't know what is.
Old 2006-10-09, 08:14   Link #39
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Certainly sounds appealing. I'll be checking this out when I get the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
If that's the case, shouldn't this thread be in Fansubs now?
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 08:39   Link #40
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 1
One word: cute! I like sibling love stories.

The animation and character designs are pretty. The music was okay, nothing major, but the opening is sweet and quickly became my favorite. As AisuruMirai mentioned, the directing and camera movements are pleasing. I really like the style of this anime.

I also liked how they showed the transformation: they didn't actually show it! I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode. They always say "Becareful of what you wish..." hee hee.

And I claim Amino-kun! kekeke.

Tags
drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, slice of life, supernatural