AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-02, 19:02   Link #1721
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
For Episode 24, Part 102: Is it just me or they entirely cut out the part where Mio freaks out and runs out frantically. In addition, she saves a drowning child. I read this quite a while ago, and I am also quite lazy to find my copy to check. So if anyone have any info, fill in my curiosity.

Also I am impressed how much they how much Kyoani gotten out of few volumes of materials.

Edit: Oh I see. I got mixed up between the two "Mio jealousy"

Last edited by Izayoi; 2011-10-05 at 19:10.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 19:07   Link #1722
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I think they saved it for Episode 25, Part 107.

Depending of course on what you mean. I've only been able to read into the second volume of the manga.
Old 2011-10-04, 09:38   Link #1723
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Well, KyoAni didn't seem deterred by the disappointing sales and that's a testimony to their temperament. They even invested more into the show by buying up the primetime slot. I can only hope it does better there, there is no reason it shouldn't.
That I think is Kadokawa's part. KyoAni just animates the material.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 12:00   Link #1724
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

With the high quality of animation and the wide ranges of thing happening, I'd expect a lot more MADs and AMVs to be made using this show. Sort of like how much Azumaga Daioh was used for just about everything.
Old 2011-10-04, 15:53   Link #1725
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
With the high quality of animation and the wide ranges of thing happening, I'd expect a lot more MADs and AMVs to be made using this show. Sort of like how much Azumaga Daioh was used for just about everything.
It has already started, with the video that I linked a few posts early, AMV's of that show being entered at Otakon (where it made the finals) and AWA Pro, and a few Nichijou segments appering in the most recent AMV Minis episode (the best one being at the 2:04 mark. WARNING: Possibly NSFW, but funny as hell).
Old 2011-10-04, 21:46   Link #1726
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

My rating for this show would be a 9.4/10 since it had some rocky moments in the first half that the awesome second half didn't fully compensate for.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 05:58   Link #1727
Airman8
Helvetica Standard

I'm really going to miss this show. Hard to believe it's been 26 weeks... I'm glad to hear KyoAni wasn't discouraged by poor sales. I have a feeling this show will age well and will be remembered as a strong and creative comedy series.

Does anyone else think KyoAni has really started to venture into more experimental territory in the last few years? I wonder if the success of the Haruhi movie galvanized them and increased their confidence in trying new ideas (though they were doing some random stuff before that too). The animation throughout Nichijou was fantastic, and a lot more diverse than a slice of life/comedy requires. I was impressed with how much effort they put into this, and I hope they realize it was worth it despite what sales suggest.
Airman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 21:02   Link #1728
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Somewhat thankfully, the radio program for Nichijou still has a few weeks left. I've really enjoyed Honda Mariko's energetic oddball personality, and the Shiraishi/Konno dynamic. I hope Honda Mariko gets to cohost more radio programs in the future. Lantis is doing a great job with this show.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 21:54   Link #1729
moshika

Nichijou Bebop (Nichijou x Cowboy Bebop)
moshika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 03:48   Link #1730
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So what did people enjoy the most. Since this is entirely sketch based, people likely have favorites.
Old 2011-10-25, 05:14   Link #1731
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
So what did people enjoy the most. Since this is entirely sketch based, people likely have favorites.
The sheer randomness of this series is what I enjoyed...
For some reason, I think part 26 (Ep06) was one of my favourites. 61 (Ep15), 65 (Ep16), 71 (Ep17), 80 & 81 (Ep19), 83 (Ep20), 96 (Ep22), 106 & 107 (Ep25) were my other favs.
Old 2011-10-25, 13:29   Link #1732
Sides

The voice acting was probably what stood out the most, besides the animation. The cast really brought life into the characters and ultimately made the sketches more entertaining.
Really hope bandai releases a Blu-Ray boxset in the UK.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 14:17   Link #1733
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I liked various skits. Mio going off on someone was usually entertaining just to listen to, but also watch. Nano usually was enjoyable to watch.

I enjoyed the background music a lot as well as the animation quality this series had.

Though the idea of this being a Troll series does fit in places. Everyone in the series seemed to get trolled by something or someone eventually. Even Mai, who was the master got trolled by her one dog. The audiance (us) in a way got trolled with the OVA at first. It gave almost an entirely wrong impression of the show, to the point where those that had read the manga were wondering what was going on. Then they hit us when they show started and didn't slow down all that much until hitting even harder at the halfway mark, increasing the animation quality and connecting the skits and jokes better once the casts united.

They also managed touching at times. Also managed to confuse everyone into thinking it was some other show with the first sky kingdom skit cold start.

I would not mind more of this show.
Old 2011-10-26, 15:30   Link #1734
Halberd
ARX-6

I kinda wanted to see more of Takasaki and Sakurai. Haven't found any fanwork for it, but then again, I'm not looking really hard.
Halberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 15:34   Link #1735
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
The voice acting was probably what stood out the most, besides the animation. The cast really brought life into the characters and ultimately made the sketches more entertaining.
Really hope bandai releases a Blu-Ray boxset in the UK.
Yup, this. It's insane to think Yuuko's VA has only done 1 other anime (last time I checked). So many characters had such fantastic VA's, listening to the Nichojou no Radio Digests were a treat, if just to hear all the VA's shooting the shit with each other ( I have no clue what they're saying ). Yuuko and Mio were easily my favorites, I wish them luck in their Seiyuu careers.
Old 2011-10-26, 16:26   Link #1736
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Yuuko and Mio were easily my favorites, I wish them luck in their Seiyuu careers.
You should definitely check out Mirai Nikki, a lot of the seiyuu of nichijou are active with that series. See if you can spot them, some of the seiyuu are really talented and really hard to figure out. Think Mio and Mai's seiyuu have already made their appearance.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 20:07   Link #1737
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
The characters were just wonderful. My favorites were probably Mio and the Professor. The interactions between each one of them was great too!
The animation speaks for itself, the bgm's were pretty nice too.
The number of skits in this show was nice, I'm quite fond of mainly the last few episodes, but there are quite a few skits throughout the series that were great as well.
The Seiyuu's without a doubt also did fantastic.

Another season would be great. I...am curious to what has happened to biscuit-2!!
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 20:48   Link #1738
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2011-10-26, 21:19   Link #1739
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Hands down for me it was the interaction between Nano, Hakase and Sakamoto.
Old 2011-10-26, 23:15   Link #1740
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Mai's trolling...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life