AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-12-16, 19:53   Link #2601
Boduar

You mean Juvia having a huge crush on Gray and the crush between the two lamia scale members? Romance definitely never really gets a spotlight and is usually kept comedic at best but there are traces there or even better nothing that says it is not there and you can just imagine whatever you want.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 11:35   Link #2602
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I didn't know that Lucy had changed her gender?
Or was "he" crossdresing all this time?
I think you missed the joke. I took what ars98 said, and just replaced the name. You should concentrate more on what was written then on how it was written.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 20:03   Link #2603
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakshow View Post
I read somewhere that Grey and Lucy are going to end up together !? True or false, cuz I really can't see the two of them dating. It would be .. just to creepy. Well, I'd rather see that then Lucy x Natsu, though, but still!!

I know that this is impossible to know since nothing has happened between them so far, but could there be a possibility for this to accually happen?
OI! If that were to happen juvia-chan would rage and so would I for he who makes juvia-chan sad must suffer JK
Old 2010-12-17, 21:53   Link #2604
kitten320

I don't really mind if it did happen... though I prefer Loke/Lucy more...

And Juvia's obsessive love is creepy so don't really support those two either...

Last edited by kitten320; 2010-12-18 at 09:58.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 00:16   Link #2605
Clarste
Human

That's why I didn't mention Juvia in my "closest to romance" list. It's just Juvia's quirky character trait, like Gray's undressing or Erza's bluntness (which we haven't seen much of recently, actually). Juvia's love is played for comedy, not romance, and not romantic comedy either. While I guess I could see some flash forward where she eventually got Gray, mostly because it would be somewhat depressing to see her fail for the rest of her life and its not like Gray has a competing love interest, it's not exactly a romance either.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 12:58   Link #2606
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I don't find Juvia creepy, really. It's mainly just a crush from afar, something that many of us have had. Maybe it might be a bit creepy in real life, but it's play for comedy here, so I don't have a problem with it. I do like Gray/Juvia, though, and their powers go decently well together. They looked nice together in the parade, too.

But yeah, FT isn't about romance. If we see anyone getting together at all, it will be in the epilogue, and then only if it's a far future one where children are involved. It's basically limited to Juvia and Sherry at the moment, who have romantic intentions (interesting that both of them concern the ice guys, heh). I suppose Aquarius/Scorpio technically counts, too.

I don't see Gray/Lucy, though. In fact, it feels just weird. Lucy/Natsu or Lucy/Loke seem most likely, mainly because the mains are usually paired up for the former, and Loke seems to have indicated some feelings for Lucy. However, he cares about Aries, too, and we already have one spirit pairing (Aquarius and Scorpio), so it's entirely possible for Loke/Aries.

In any respect, I don't want to see shipping wars in FT. Been in too many of them in past fandoms, and it always brings out the worst in people. Focus on the plot, which is highly interesting. Mashima is keeping the story fairly tight, avoiding long detours, and each arc advances the main plot, sometimes in subtle ways. That's good writing.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 17:21   Link #2607
kitten320

Well since I never had any crushes and find this kind of behaviour dumb and annoying... I simply can't sympathize with Juvia as much as I would like to.
Old 2010-12-19, 04:25   Link #2608
Crontica

Lucy just pulled a TTGL on Angels ass!!
Plus it gives us a nice glimpse of what she will become at the end of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post

Uff, I was really waiting to see Uranometria animated, but It wasn't even nearly as epic as in the manga.
Not only that, but the subs completely ruined my fun. Urano Meteoria? Wtf?
Can someone please post the chapter of this fight? I agree, for getting pwhned by over 9000 planets you'd think it would have more... umpth?

Last edited by Crontica; 2010-12-19 at 04:44.
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 14:43   Link #2609
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Yea I think I have to somewhat agree that the UM spell was a tad flat, you really kinda expected a bigger bang but given how the animation has been for the most of show guess we should have expected it.

Maybe if they ever decided to do a movie on this we could get an upgrade ala Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

Would love to see movies for this seres later on.

Now bring me my Lucy X Natsu matching pair!
Old 2010-12-20, 02:10   Link #2610
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Can someone please post the chapter of this fight? I agree, for getting pwhned by over 9000 planets you'd think it would have more... umpth?
That would be ch.144, it also has Wendy's card.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 08:05   Link #2611
Ash Falls Town

Spoiler for Ep 59:
Old 2010-12-20, 08:43   Link #2612
KrimzonStriker

That was actually pretty good, for those who've read the manga this episode gave a lot of background exposition in regards to certain events that took place, and helped connect a lot of the missing pieces from before. Recommended watch based on just that in my opinion.
Old 2010-12-20, 08:48   Link #2613
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
Spoiler for Ep 59:
Spoiler for 59:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 09:05   Link #2614
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Came for the Erza/Jellal scenes.

Stayed for the hnggggghhhhh added scenes with shota Jellal ( as well as that one shot with evil shota Jellal + Brain + Hoteye ) with loli-er Wendy.

That being said, that last scene with the super slow-motion and the wavering hands was quite overly dramatic to the point of it being somewhat gaudy, I would say. It would be fine for a 'fall from the cliff' scenario, but for just falling to the ground? orz.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 09:24   Link #2615
KrimzonStriker

While I generally agree with you on that last point, he was dying at the same time, so it kind of fit in the same category. But yeah, a bit overdone, guess they wanted to stretch the minutes as much as they could to fill in the episode.
Old 2010-12-20, 09:35   Link #2616
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, it does make a good cliffhanger, so I'll excuse the cheesiness of the last few mins...
Spoiler for 59:
Old 2010-12-20, 09:35   Link #2617
kitten320

Spoiler for 59:
Old 2010-12-20, 10:24   Link #2618
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Darn, I forgot that new episode of Fairy Tail is today. Should check it right away.

Anyway, anyone posted about Fairy Tails OVA Fairy Hills video? I just saw a preview of it, and I'm gonna post it here. If someone posted it before then poke me and I'll remove it.

Spoiler for Youtube video:

Fanservice to the max!
Old 2010-12-20, 10:44   Link #2619
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Fanservice to the max!
Indeed it is!
Spoiler for RE:spoiler:
Old 2010-12-20, 10:53   Link #2620
kitten320

I'm suprised that Simon died at all. But yeh Fairy Tail is doing better job than Bleach in that area.

And yeh, OVA is full of fanservice, especially Lucy's. Did she always have such big breasts?

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen