AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-05-14, 03:59   Link #6421
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Starting from prologue to chapter 11, it is roughly 50%. It is a bit weird because I feel it the complete opposite: the episode is rather short in fact (reading only of course).

I guess the wait was bending a bit the impressions, because Episode 8 is definitely not that long.
I felt it was a little bit short too, but after replaying it I figured that all the translation for Burn's game was roughly 50%
Old 2011-05-14, 04:12   Link #6422
Swigun
Ars Magica Translator

Strange fact:
I was reading Ep5 ????? with Ep8 partial patch and when I arrived at the Dlanor vs Battler part, right after Erika saying "Kill him, Dlanor A. Knoooooox" I noticed that Dlanor's big size sprites are disappeared (the rapeface).
Same is for other Battler's big size sprite.

Do they work on your patch?
Old 2011-05-14, 12:48   Link #6423
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's actually not a typo: the font I've used for the puzzles is quite minimalistic with periods and accents. If you check around the upper part of the I, you will see a dot.
Ah, I was wondering if it was a font issue. Thanks for clearing that up.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 13:18   Link #6424
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This is probably a mistake of mine: I wasn't really bothered by that font considering my screen setup, but I guess it is perhaps a good idea to change it for another patch should it is seen necessary.
I didn't receive any negative feedbacks from the team, but if a portion of the fans are incommodated by it, I will work on it.
Old 2011-05-14, 21:22   Link #6425
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Just out of curiosity....
Spoiler for Ep8 patch:

Was "roll" "manjuu" originally?
Old 2011-05-14, 21:58   Link #6426
Domiano

A couple points of ambiguity in the quiz. May be a good idea to clear them up:
Spoiler for Ambiguity in Wolves & Sheep problem:

Spoiler for Ambiguity in the witch house problem:

Spoiler for Ambiguity in the box problem:

Other than those couple points, I felt like it was wonderfully translated. I never felt like I was missing something because I didn't know Japanese

Last edited by Domiano; 2011-05-14 at 22:35.
Domiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 04:32   Link #6427
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Just marathoned the hell out of Episode 8... It's after 4 AM here, but it was so worth it! The wait for the rest of the Episode is going to be brutal.

Got some (potential) typos to report for Episodes 7 & 8, checked to make sure they hadn't been mentioned earlier in the thread.

Spoiler for Episode 7:

Spoiler for Episode 8:

Good luck with the rest of Episode 8, Witch Hunt! It's sad that Umineko is nearly over, but it's been a fantastic journey!
Old 2011-05-15, 11:57   Link #6428
Snobaste

Witch Hunt, you are gods among men!

I just finished reading through the patch. I was quite overjoyed by the fact that the "preview" was well over a half hour of reading, and it was pure epic!

I also really enjoyed your translations of the quiz game. They were all excellent and I really had to wrack my brain to get the correct answers

Good luck with the next half and take your time. I bet you're all going to enjoy the nice break once it's all over
Snobaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 13:17   Link #6429
Fernando Hernandez

Hello, I am trying to install episode 8 on my 64-bit windows 7 computer, and when I try to launch the installer I get this error...

My system has been set to japanese local and i have rebooted my computer since, so I do not know this error. Can someone help me? I would very much like to read the 50% patch.
Fernando Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 13:32   Link #6430
thedarkfreak

^You do know you don't need to be in Japanese locale anymore to run the Witch-Hunt patches, right? Try setting it back to English.

Also, sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I noticed a bug in EP6, in the EP8 part 1 patch. In the final part of the episode(not the Tea Party or ????), when Beato and Battler speak of pulling the trigger together, and say their final phrase("Sorry, but..." "Even if you join us--" "There are 17 people."), Beato's sprite simply doesn't appear at all.
thedarkfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 13:37   Link #6431
Witch of Nonsense
Living Logic Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkfreak View Post
^You do know you don't need to be in Japanese locale anymore to run the Witch-Hunt patches, right? Try setting it back to English.
He's not trying to run the patch, he's trying to install the game itself.

I'll try to solve that problem~ Hope I'll find the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando Hernandez View Post
Hello, I am trying to install episode 8 on my 64-bit windows 7 computer, and when I try to launch the installer I get this error...

My system has been set to japanese local and i have rebooted my computer since, so I do not know this error. Can someone help me? I would very much like to read the 50% patch.
Apparently your installer was already launched at the time you tried to launch it.
Try opening your Task Manager and kill the Task 'launcher.exe', then try relaunching the installer.

Last edited by Witch of Nonsense; 2011-05-15 at 13:52. Reason: Solution was added
Witch of Nonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 13:46   Link #6432
Roto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando Hernandez View Post

If your goal is to read the patch, then just get the Windows installer from the Witch Hunt downloads page and it will ask you for your game disc when it needs it. You don't have to have the game installed first, nor does your computer have to be set to Japanese locale.

The only reason to install the game by itself is if you want to play it in Japanese. (Edit: Message tells me that the Windows patch installer will also install the Japanese game, so there's no reason at all to use the one on the disc.)

Last edited by Roto; 2011-05-15 at 14:39.
Roto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 13:52   Link #6433
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Hi Fernando Hernandez,

That error message says something like:
Quote:
Startup Error:
Attempt to run program twice at the same time
NScripter (the original Japanese game's executable) will show this type of error if you try starting the game when it's already running. Maybe the installer was already running when you tried to run it again?

By the way, you should be able to install both the Japanese game and the English patch by using the Windows installer version of the patch - you don't need to run the installer that came on the game's DVD.

Hope this helps
Uncle Mion

Edit: D'oh, Roto beat me to it!
Sonozaki Futagotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 13:57   Link #6434
moichispa
Endless witch

After reading the whole patch I wanted to ask something realted about it

Spoiler for Ep8 patch:
Old 2011-05-15, 16:52   Link #6435
Fernando Hernandez

Thanks to Roto and Uncle Mion, I have been away from umineko community for some time and didn't know the patching process has changed. I got it working now, and plan to marathon through episodes 5 to 8 now that my exams are over
Fernando Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 17:30   Link #6436
AlexiaCarcera

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando hernandez View Post
thanks to roto and uncle mion, i have been away from umineko community for some time and didn't know the patching process has changed. I got it working now, and plan to marathon through episodes 5 to 8 now that my exams are over
read eps 1-4 damn you
Old 2011-05-15, 20:43   Link #6437
xBTAx

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I was thinking about this and wondered if someone might have answer...

Spoiler:
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 22:11   Link #6438
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I was thinking about this and wondered if someone might have answer...

Spoiler:
same question here, i only answer ok 6 riddles XD
bigemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 23:41   Link #6439
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-16, 07:28   Link #6440
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation