AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-13, 12:50   Link #2481
InternHertz
.lone.....

Yep, ep24 is the last one according to Ayano-chan.
InternHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 12:56   Link #2482
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 17:13   Link #2483
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

aaaaaaaaaahhh finally some Kazuma&Ayano moments...

Spoiler for ep 23:

Spoiler for ep 24:

i luuuuuuuuvv old Kazuma
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 17:57   Link #2484
lacusclyne

OMG! Can't wait for Ep 24. Glad to see some Kazuma & Ayano moments. I'll be sad to see this series end, though.
lacusclyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 18:06   Link #2485
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Is 24 the last?
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 22:22   Link #2486
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah from the way the episode ended I got the feel of 24 being the end anyways. Too bad, but since they can't cover the next volume in 2 episodes (since they should finish after the next one) it's to be expected they'd leave it at that.
Spoiler for Ep23:
Old 2007-09-13, 22:27   Link #2487
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Maybe they are saving novel 6 and possible novel 7 for a second season?
Old 2007-09-13, 22:42   Link #2488
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well anything is possible. Really could've slipped the 6th novel in if they had cut back on some of the extra episodes and make the series 26 episodes. But anyways will see what they do with the next episode and worry about everything else later on.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2007-09-13 at 23:06.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 22:44   Link #2489
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well there is no guarantee for a 7th. Was just giving a possibility.
Old 2007-09-15, 00:16   Link #2490
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Episode 23's summary and screenshots are up in T.H.A.T Anime Blog. For those who wants to know a bit more, pop by and comment ^+^
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 04:11   Link #2491
tbl
Affably Evil

Kazuma going back to normal seemed a bit fast.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 07:17   Link #2492
Rusty Venture

I dunno, it might have seemed fast, but those are pretty powerful thoughts, especially as to why he wanted that power to begin with.
Rusty Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 17:38   Link #2493
UPR

title for ep24:

Kaze no mamorishi mono" (風の護りしもの)- "The one which the wind protects/The one protected by the wind"
Old 2007-09-16, 00:31   Link #2494
grprsa
grprsa

I wish Kazuma would kiss my neck! He's so HOT! Anywayz, I hope Kazuma and Ayano hook up! Luv them as a couple!
Old 2007-09-16, 02:36   Link #2495
maian330
Lurker

I've been watching this series for a while, but after seeing 23 eps and knowing there's only going to be one more, I must say I'm pretty disappointed with the series over all. Since I don't expect the finale to break any new ground, I'm going post a review now.

It had a good start - the first 4 or so episodes really kept my attention. But then it lost its touch. Or maybe it didn't have the touch and only the novelty of the setting attracted me. I kept watching the series in the hope that it would have another really interesting story arc, but it never met my expectations. Other than the first story arc, the story is too predictable. By that I mean that they reveal what's going to happen next way too early - for example, the earth mage's betrayal of her clan did not surprise me at all, since the episodes leading up to aforementioned betrayal were hinting heavily at it. A more recent example:
Spoiler for ep 23:

The characters are so 2D that you know what they'll do next. Of the two main characters, I expected the character of Ayano to develop the most, but she remains uninteresting throughout the series. Although she does get stronger in combat, the anime barely makes this apparent at all, so the power-ups just feel gimmicky. In terms of non-combat growth, her growing love for Kazuma just didn't connect with me - maybe that's because the dialogue sucks (which I'll elaborate on a lot more below). Character-wise, Kazuma is the best and most complex, but he's just plain overpowered, so there's no room for power-ups, and the only tension I really feel is "can he defeat the enemy before the enemy harms his friends?" as opposed to "can he even win?" The other characters are mostly forgettable and predictable. One exception though is Kazuma's father - I liked how he was never honest with his feelings concerning his son, which led to the interesting tension between the two.

And the dialogue! Ugh, the cheesiness almost makes my ears hurt. Of all the flaws of this series, this takes the cake. The dialogue is horrendous. Cliche and predictable. The anxious calling of names - although typical in anime - is especially bad (I'm not sure how to describe this, but I'm talking about when a character shouts out another character's name in concern). It's funny that I can always tell whenever Ren or Ayano will say "Kazuma!" Actually that goes for any character - the dialogue is that predictable. And even when it's not predictable, it still sucks - just witness how fast Kazuma returned back to normal in ep 23.

Also, the light-hearted aspect of the series did not mesh very well with the more serious parts of the series IMO. They just seemed out of the place. Ayano's odd embarrassed reactions just looked ridiculous. The occasional comedy just seemed to lack the "oomph" characteristic of good action-comedies. I can't pinpoint the reason why I'm not appreciating its attempt at comedy, but I'm just not feeling it.

The only really good thing about the series is the setting. It is a fascinating world. Modern-day mages? That just kick ass. The powers looked cool, albeit repetitive (if you've seen a flame attack, you've seen em all). It's just a bit unbelievable though, if you consider that the public seems to be mostly ignorant of mages despite all the information technology.

The other aspects of the anime are just so-so. Neither good nor bad. The voice actors were decent, with a handful of annoying ones. It didn't like Ayano's voice that much, and Ren's tall male friend sounded a tad weird. The animation is generic, but it has its bright moments in some cool action scenes - the wind and fire effects look cool, but all the animation in between fights is rather shoddy, which just reinforces the suckiness of the dialogue.

I've used the word "predictable" at least 10 times already (I think), and predictably, I just used it again. And that's intentional, since that's what this series really boils down to. A setting and story with great promise but crappy execution.

Note: I haven't read the light novels this anime is based off of, so I don't know if it's just the novels that suck or the anime adaptation that sucks.

Last edited by maian330; 2007-09-16 at 22:19. Reason: add spoiler tag, fixed typos
maian330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 07:45   Link #2496
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for ep 23:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 11:41   Link #2497
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Spoiler for ep 23:
Well I think they were going for something simple. With Ren talking about having more power and using it to protect everyone. That kind've thing.

Well one more episode to get through and we'll see how this finishes up. If the anime did anything it got my interest in the novels up. When they do get fully translated it'll be nice to get the full story.
Old 2007-09-16, 16:48   Link #2498
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

yeah novel and manga is much more interesting then anime, because its much more perverted and we can see dirty - thinking Kazuma and suprised Ayano (clearly enjoying every perverted moment with Kazuma)
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 20:54   Link #2499
waterchan

I'm disappointed that the anime has to end. There are so many unanswered questions of the past and the future, such as how did Kazuma gain his tremendous powers within just four years, more of his history, and what happens to Ayano and Ren as they grow and become stronger.

Does the novel answer these questions? I only read the anime so I wouldn't know. But it better not end with one season.
waterchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 23:19   Link #2500
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Utsumi is amazingly stupid. Challenging the guy who was able to give you and everyone else that much power ? How does Utsumi know that he could just simply strip away the power given to him ? Ahh well at least what happens to him next episode will be sad in a funny way.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen