AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2010-04-12, 15:38   Link #1041
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Remind me not to say hello to you if you have a blade in your hand.

And "member" is spelling wrong in your location field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Even when they make clear that dying hurts? *shudders* I agree with DragoZERO.
LMAO come on guys think about it. What would it take to convince you that you were dead? I dont think Otonashi would have believed her if she had not done otherwise. Im just saying it was logical since she knew he wouldnt die yea the pain would suck but being dead sucks even more. After episode 2 there are worst ways to feel pain those beams looked like it hurt.

Dragozero I wouldn't stab you unless you asked me too lol oh and were not dead so its cool at least i dont think we are lol

thanx didnt notice till now
Old 2010-04-12, 17:17   Link #1042
Dextro
He Without a Title

You know what's really bugging me about this show? The fact that the OP grew on me so much I've been repeating it just to ear the lovely song... I don't know if I can stand the 2 month wait till the single is out
Old 2010-04-12, 17:19   Link #1043
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
You know what's really bugging me about this show? The fact that the OP grew on me so much I've been repeating it just to ear the lovely song... I don't know if I can stand the 2 month wait till the single is out
Me too. And the ED! Crap...
Old 2010-04-12, 18:45   Link #1044
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I dunno about you guys... but until they start showing Tenshi drowning puppies or kicking kittens, I'm kinda pitying her for being the target of so much aggression. That look on her face when she sees her own blood really tugs at the heartstrings.

Hmm...
I'm not gonna lie. Tenshi is my favourite character right now because of the above. I feel so bad for her who's just upholding the law and gets hurt because of it. Now if everyone would just be good ol' citizens, this wouldn't be a problem lol.

Oh yeah, being voiced by Hanazawa, my #1 VA, probably is a large part of the reason of me liking her. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 19:39   Link #1045
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Tenshi reminds me of the Terminator....the T1000 one. Actually, perhaps more of Agent Smith from the Matrix....

No effing way I could ever find her cute enough to disregard what she's done.

Hmm, there's a thought! Maybe if the Matrix used Angel instead of Agent Smith...

'It is an inevitability, Mr Otonashi! The sound of your DEATH!' XD
Old 2010-04-12, 20:03   Link #1046
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ooh, how cool would it be if they did a FFX type storyline, where the person who kills Tenshi ends up being her for the next revelation of the school world.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 20:40   Link #1047
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I dunno about you guys... but until they start showing Tenshi drowning puppies or kicking kittens, I'm kinda pitying her for being the target of so much aggression. That look on her face when she sees her own blood really tugs at the heartstrings.

Hmm...
And one of the traps for her was to save a puppy from drowning...

So I'm in the "feeling sorry for Tenshi" boat too. I don't think she's evil either, just misunderstood and trying to keep order in that world. She's that world's law enforcement.
Old 2010-04-12, 20:53   Link #1048
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Well yeah, but also then isn't she the most tangible part of God that they have?
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 21:02   Link #1049
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well sadly when people are rising up they are making an enemy of those working for the current administration. Do feel for Tenshi. It wasn't a nice moment to see her bleeding like that. Still the positions both sides are on pretty much set things toward an expected conclusion. Tenshi has to try and stop the SSS activities and you get these situations.

Besides I think this whole thing validates going up against God. I mean this guy instead of dealing with this rebellion sends this nice girl to deal with the problems. Seemingly not given clearance to settle things, but only play it defensively. What kind of monster would put Tenshi into this kind of role ?
Old 2010-04-12, 21:02   Link #1050
Ultra Violet
Not a color

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I'm not gonna lie. Tenshi is my favourite character right now because of the above. I feel so bad for her who's just upholding the law and gets hurt because of it. Now if everyone would just be good ol' citizens, this wouldn't be a problem lol.
My favorite character right now is TK! He's funny especially in the second episode. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
And one of the traps for her was to save a puppy from drowning...

So I'm in the "feeling sorry for Tenshi" boat too. I don't think she's evil either, just misunderstood and trying to keep order in that world. She's that world's law enforcement.
Yeah, I feel kinda sorry for Tenshi too but, behind her cute innocent face, we don't even know if that's her true form.
Old 2010-04-12, 21:04   Link #1051
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Freebies.

Last edited by spawnofthejudge; 2010-04-12 at 21:22.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 21:12   Link #1052
D-Gold
Aurum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Violet View Post
My favorite character right now is TK! He's funny especially in the second episode. xD
Who doesn't like a random English speaking guy in a Japanese anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Violet View Post
Yeah, I feel kinda sorry for Tenshi too but, behind her cute innocent face, we don't even know if that's her true form.

She works for god and she is a angel how bad can she truly be?
It would be nice to get some background info on her in the up coming episodes though.

I also wonder what she does when she is not trying to uphold the law?
Old 2010-04-12, 21:34   Link #1053
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I get a feeling we don't what to know what she does behind closed doors.
Old 2010-04-12, 22:10   Link #1054
klare

u guys still dont get it... she PLAYS PIANO on her free time!

on the hill, overlooking the school, with her wings spread wide
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 22:14   Link #1055
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

...Tenshi's starting to sound like Alma.

Except Alma was always creepy.

._.'
Old 2010-04-12, 23:03   Link #1056
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
u guys still dont get it... she PLAYS PIANO on her free time!

on the hill, overlooking the school, with her wings spread wide
Giving those souls (lights) a proper send off to the next life.
Old 2010-04-12, 23:04   Link #1057
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

*cough*CLANNADREFERENCE*cough*
Old 2010-04-12, 23:13   Link #1058
descent87

I have to hope that Tenshi is developed more as a character. I truly doubt that Angel Beats conclusion will have anything to do with actually defeating her and she might actually play a pivotal role later.

Uphold the law she does but as far as we have seen she hasn't even instigated a single offensive action without being provoked. While I hope the SSS gets their happy end I will keep sympathizing with a beautiful and lonely Tenshi as she continues to go about her solemn duties. Hopefully someone wises up and asks the right questions to get her to open up a bit lol, that will probably be key to getting everyone out of this mess.

A girl who can play the piano all cool and emotional-like is after my heart even if she isn't real lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xephis View Post
Anyone else on Tenshi's side so far? I suppose a lot of people will point to ep1's intro for her being in the enemy role, but I'm a little amazed at Oto's willingness to go along with it and actually shoot. It just... baffles me.

I suppose I might be putting too much of myself and my own viewpoints. I can understand a vastly different set of responses outside the more normal boundries, where Oto's probably a bit younger and less read. To him Tenshi's the one instigating, whereas I don't feel like she is.

But we really do need to see further. It's just, with his initial desire to actually talk to Tenshi, I'm wondering why he hasn't tried harder to feel her out, talk to her, ask questions.

Of course I'm in this weird "Aw. Tenshi seems all lonely..." point of view, and I'd probably feel that way right up until she stabbed me and took me apart for my troubles.

I do note (Sorry, I haven't read every page, I tried to read through what I could but there's tons) that when called Tenshi, she was confused and never acknowledged the name. So it seems like what she is could be wide open. She might even be human and like everyone else, but better at things than they are. Or this is... something completely different, maybe even a Gantz style... aliens grabbing people at moments of death for amusement, assuming they really have died, since while they all seem convinced they're dead, I don't remember anyone actually saying "I remember dying." (I don't really believe it, but it's always good to keep an open mind for interesting ideas and guesses) (Ep 2 opens up some more possibilities IMO, if it's what it sounds like)
While I agree it would have been prudent to interact with Tenshi more I can understand why Oto pulled the trigger on the bridge. IMO it was hardly siding with the SSS completely at the moment and had more to do with just how damn traumatic the whole heart stab thing was for him, he was having his doubts right till the end when the fear and trauma over came them, though I don't understand that "she is totally looking down on me line" it was a little out of left field.

It appears that the SSS has questioned her some before but alot more about their situation could likely be resolved I think if someone would question her the right way. Maybe they should even ask the borrow some lunch money instead of lifting it lol. If things settle down a bit and there isn't continued nonstop fighting perhaps there will be more interaction especially with a few episodes of school-like settings if we get some.

I'm so smitten with the girl I am not thinking completely logically perhaps but this line of thinking seems to make some sense.

Last edited by descent87; 2010-04-12 at 23:42.
descent87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 00:44   Link #1059
Hedd
Random Object

To be fair, Tenshi's "assault" on the Guild didn't appear to be provoked. I'm sure there are alot of grey areas yet to be pointed out.
Old 2010-04-13, 00:55   Link #1060
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

Oh yeah, being voiced by Hanazawa, my #1 VA, probably is a large part of the reason of me liking her. XD
Dunno man, she's just an Angel. From what my (Abrahamic) religion tells me, Angels are more like computer programs. It might seems that they get hurt or injured, but they really aren't. Unless the angel here is different...

Well, i'd like to think of myself as a decent person even when i deal with a possibly Lovecraftian entity, so i still cringe whenever Tenshi got hurt.

@Hedd: I want to make/use an avatar from that scene, but you got it first... *sighs*
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
key