AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-17, 01:51   Link #21
KrimzonStriker

A genuinely nice guy who isn't a wimp... wow, I'll have to stick around and see if it lasts
Old 2010-04-17, 10:17   Link #22
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I was really surprised when I read this. I didn't play the game, but heard of it, so interested in reading the mangas for the game...
I didn't read who was the manga-ka beforehand, but I was like "Suzuka's person?!" by the second page.
To think I would end up reading this guy's manga again... Better not end up like Suzuka...
Naa... If he did that, he'll get assassinated by angry fans... Definitely...
I hope you're reading Kimi no Iru Machi. It's Seo's current manga and is a lot better than all of his previous works.

Quote:
PS: Eh... Is the staff bullying Nene-chan?! What's with the clear difference of level in artwork between her's and the other two's... (;;; o_o)
Each girl has her own manga series and each series has it's own author. They are all different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
A genuinely nice guy who isn't a wimp... wow, I'll have to stick around and see if it lasts
Nice change, right?
Old 2010-04-17, 10:43   Link #23
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

So... does this mean he's ditching efforts on Kimi no Iru Machi?

I can't even imagine how hard it is to work on two manga's when one is already extremely demanding.
Old 2010-04-17, 10:50   Link #24
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The first chapters for Rinko Days and Manaka Days has been scanlated!

Hope to see the other three, Nene Days, Girls talk and Kanojo no Kako scanlated.
Old 2010-04-17, 11:31   Link #25
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

+1 for anyone who gets the reference.
Old 2010-04-17, 11:56   Link #26
velvet nightmare

rinko was pretty good, classic seo material

nene was so so, one sided dialogue killed it for me

havnt checked the last girl yet, what was her name?
Old 2010-04-17, 12:05   Link #27
Who

Heh, definitely Seo's material.
Anyone know when the other two are coming out? I'm also definitely going to check out this game.
Old 2010-04-17, 12:11   Link #28
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

You know...I bet Seo went "Shotty the short haired girl!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
So... does this mean he's ditching efforts on Kimi no Iru Machi?

I can't even imagine how hard it is to work on two manga's when one is already extremely demanding.
Actually, this would be his third series right now. He has Princess Lucia as well. However, Rinko Days, & Lucia are bi-monthlies and KnIM is weekly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
rinko was pretty good, classic seo material

nene was so so, one sided dialogue killed it for me

havnt checked the last girl yet, what was her name?
Manaka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Heh, definitely Seo's material.
Anyone know when the other two are coming out? I'm also definitely going to check out this game.
We have Love Plus Manaka Days & Love Plus Nene Days, both of which have their first chapters scanlated.
Old 2010-04-17, 13:28   Link #29
Who

Yeah, Rinko was the best one, personally. Nene and Manaka had me thinking, "is this really the right series that I clicked on?"
Old 2010-04-17, 16:44   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I hope you're reading Kimi no Iru Machi. It's Seo's current manga and is a lot better than all of his previous works.

Each girl has her own manga series and each series has it's own author. They are all different.
Don't even know of that manga's existence.

I know. I just wish they asked a better manga-ka to do her story.

PS: Rinko's manga is the best one so far.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-04-17, 18:14   Link #31
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Don't even know of that manga's existence.

I know. I just wish they asked a better manga-ka to do her story.

PS: Rinko's manga is the best one so far.
Seo is an awesome author!! However, I think you either love or hate his stories, but how could you not love them? Seriously though, Kimi is a big improvement over Suzuka, check it out.
Old 2010-04-17, 21:43   Link #32
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Yeah, Rinko was the best one, personally. Nene and Manaka had me thinking, "is this really the right series that I clicked on?"
Manaka series isn't that bad - it has pretty darn good artwork at least. Nene on the other hand got the short end of the stick - everything seems to suck, including the artwork.
Old 2010-04-17, 21:51   Link #33
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Manaka series isn't that bad - it has pretty darn good artwork at least. Nene on the other hand got the short end of the stick - everything seems to suck, including the artwork.
I'm not disagreeing but artwork's really the last thing I focus on when I talk about the series.

I was just thrown off by the focus/opening of Manaka's and Nene's stories.
Old 2010-04-17, 22:01   Link #34
Darknemo2000

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing but artwork's really the last thing I focus on when I talk about the series.

I was just thrown off by the focus/opening of Manaka's and Nene's stories.
About plot you can talk after at least ten chapters or something - now everything is too vague to judge, but you can easily judge the artwork and you know all girl personalities from the game anyway. Plot will have to wait for the later.
Old 2010-04-18, 00:37   Link #35
KrimzonStriker

At least the Rinko story the guy has a personality and a background too him, heck he even has a name that's worth remembering! And it's actually from his perspective which is all for the good in that sense, help's flesh out the overall story better. Nene's is too short and inconsequential and in Manaka's I can't even see his face. And why do I get the feeling when they are introduced in Rinko's story they'll be far more interesting then in their own? Given the overall set-up I'm guessing Rinko's story will be by far the best out of all of them, which is all to the good since I like her personality of not backing down in contrast to a male lead who's able to handle it, so far anyway
Old 2010-04-18, 09:36   Link #36
velvet nightmare

it's kind of weird how rinko's is the only one with real interaction of characters even though all 3 come from the same material

so i guess it's one of those let the author decide how he wants to proceed?

kind of annoys me still how manaka and nene are both monologues

i also like how in nene 2 the guy just ruined the mood at the critical point, i just noticed that
Old 2010-04-18, 15:40   Link #37
Darknemo2000

Well ther eis no question that Rinko Days is better than the other two, its just too early to talk about having a plot advantage ove rthe others.

Nene days though sucks pretty clearly, artwork is horrible, the monologue kills it all, worse it has no tension as they are already going out (though thats the main point of Love Plus in manga you would it always works better to give some kind of prelude to all that) and the chapter length of it is more suitable for the gag crap rather than a real manga. There is nothing good about Nene days, and I am very likely to drop it soon.

Manaka is annoying because we do not see the main male characters face and like with Nene he almost never speaks (he does say "Oops" but thats almost the only thing he says) thats why he horrible lacks a personality. And like with Nene we are already thrown in into the middle of relationships which also kills the connection with the characters a little just as the romantic tension (though again thats not really a problem in LP game)

But Manaka days has the artwork so maybe it will turn out for the better eventually and the chapter length suggests that it will be a manga rather than a gag. The humour also seems fine.

Rinko on the other hand has the artwork, main male has personality and is an active character rather some pathetic faceless figure in the background. So yeah Rinko days is a clear winner so far but we still cannot talk about plot advantage at this point.
Old 2010-04-18, 16:19   Link #38
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It's a bummer about Nene. They should have had Kawashita do it, that would have been bloody awesome, especially since Nene's character type is more forward like her heroines have been and her art is amazing.
Old 2010-04-18, 16:24   Link #39
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I actually preferred Suzuka to KNIM, which I feel moves way too slowly (and is getting a bit ridiculous with all these throw away harem characters).

Enjoyed the first chapter of this. Probably won't read the other two if the protagonist really is some faceless guy with no personality.
Old 2010-04-18, 18:32   Link #40
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I actually preferred Suzuka to KNIM, which I feel moves way too slowly (and is getting a bit ridiculous with all these throw away harem characters).

Enjoyed the first chapter of this. Probably won't read the other two if the protagonist really is some faceless guy with no personality.
You'd have to check them out at least, right?
I'd say read at least the first 5 chapters of anything, and then check back on their discussion threads once and a while.
Closed Thread

Tags
seinen, shounen