AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-18, 20:08   Link #41
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
really we should rename this as Love Plus manga not only just Rinko IMO
Old 2010-04-18, 20:37   Link #42
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Eh. We didn't make the name of the manga. It's similar to saying "Let's just rename One Piece to pirate manga." It pretty much is the only notable pirate manga, but.. yeah.
Old 2010-04-18, 22:24   Link #43
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
You'd have to check them out at least, right?
I'd say read at least the first 5 chapters of anything, and then check back on their discussion threads once and a while.
Definitely should check them out and give them a fair try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Agreed, requested and granted.
Old 2010-04-18, 23:02   Link #44
KrimzonStriker

Bah, Rinko will still probably be the one will be talking about that most. And I'm still going to come right out and say it but I think the other girls will probably be much better done in this manga compared to their own, Seo's got his preferences but I think he's rather capable in working and capturing various types of characters and this will probably be no exception.
Old 2010-04-19, 03:01   Link #45
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
We still do not know about that. Just because the other two lacks the main male character with a character, it doenst mean that teh girls themselves will be the same.

Though Nene doesn't really seem to be capable to do anything serious with that gag manga length. In fact it doesnt seem to be capable to do anything.

Manaka on the other hand is at least looking promising to at least give the Manaka personality even if the male lead is just a faceless background item.

But yeah it is a problem that main male characters do not speak or like in Manaka's Day's case do not even have a face.

Why? Becuase manga is not game. In game you can go with faceless main male figures that do not speak at all simply because the player will be able to connect with that character because he will be playing the situations from that guys eyes and usually add his own feelings and personality to this shell, but in manga you do not have such connection and making a faceless guy who does not talk seems like a very very bad idea.

It's even worse when we consider that we do not really have a lead-in teh relationship and already start with couples going-out which furthermore kills the possible connections to the characters.

I have to connection to that 'male lead' whatsoever. And since many guys like to connect with male figures such story looses a lots of attraction and it would not be so bad in Shoujo manga because the main readership would be girls connecting with female and faceless main guy though annoying would not be that bad, but in a manga which seems to be aimed to shounen this seems like a grieve mistake to make.

Well, will see how it will turn out though I do not have any hopes for Nene Manga. It just seems that goddamn awful right now. Manaka Days is still under a question, while Rinko Days seems like the only one worth to follow at this moment.
Old 2010-04-19, 09:15   Link #46
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

My poor thread. Even though this was the first manga thread about Loveplus, it's being ignore for the other Loveplus thread.

Oh well, i think i start posting Girls Talk & Kanojo no Kako over here when they both come out.
Old 2010-04-19, 16:41   Link #47
KrimzonStriker

You're right, I jumped ahead too much, since I took the presence of other girls in Rinko days meaning all the same girls from the game and thus ones with their respective manga's. I'm still finding Manaka kind of flat anyway, and I don't have much hope it'll get better regardless.
Old 2010-04-19, 18:51   Link #48
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I hate linking to ANN, but this pretty much explains it all: 5 Loveplus Virtual Girlfriend Manga Series Detailed. I think I said Rinko was bi-monthly earlier, guess I was wrong, my bad.
Old 2010-04-19, 21:15   Link #49
KrimzonStriker

Well, I wasn't going to like the wait regardless, but at least it's something to file away I guess
Old 2010-05-06, 08:49   Link #50
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

That first chapter of Rinko Days....I haven't felt that spellbound by something new in the manga scene for more than once in the last three years or so. Rinko was even more awesome than I thought she would be! Art is decent, the guy is a good person. Some hilarious moments, some touching, revealing moments. The vibe Rinko puts out is so very different from what is done with females in anime/manga today...she is a very potent mix, feels very unique. The emptiness in her eyes most times says so much without having to spell it out in words. Despite her tsundere-like nature, there's something very calming about the way she looks. Yet it seems like being with her would be a lot of fun and never dull - that the unexpected would happen but it would so be worth it.

Well, Chapter 2 on June 9. Can't wait!
Old 2010-05-06, 11:50   Link #51
Shadow5YA

Both Nene and Manaka didn't really interest me. They both started with the girl already interested and going out with the main character, so there wasn't much room to develop.
Old 2010-05-09, 08:02   Link #52
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Has anyone started scanlating Love Plus Girls Talk & Love Plus Kanojo no Kako.
Old 2010-05-13, 23:18   Link #53
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

3rd chapter of Nene Days is out.
A very sweet chapter.
Old 2010-05-14, 01:19   Link #54
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The reaction of the Japanese LP fans to the newest Nene material is hilarious. That said, it will be rather tragic if Nene becomes the next Nagi. 2D obsessed people shouldn't dictate what manga-kas can and can't write.
Old 2010-05-14, 01:28   Link #55
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The reaction of the Japanese LP fans to the newest Nene material is hilarious. That said, it will be rather tragic if Nene becomes the next Nagi. 2D obsessed people shouldn't dictate what manga-kas can and can't write.
What is that reaction?
Old 2010-05-14, 01:35   Link #56
RisArk

Same ole "she's not a virgin?! Burn her!"

Apparently she plays herself with an umbrella or something, I dunno.
Old 2010-05-14, 01:42   Link #57
Darknemo2000

There are still fans who follow Nene? And even discuss something passionately?

Thats bit surprising considering how bad the artwork and the story is... But I guess Japanese fans are more resistant to horror than I am.
Old 2010-05-14, 02:07   Link #58
FateAnomaly

I don't see what the big deal is about. In the first place, they are already sharing her with thousands of other guys. What's 1 more?
Old 2010-05-14, 03:35   Link #59
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I don't see what the big deal is about. In the first place, they are already sharing her with thousands of other guys. What's 1 more?
Well they aren't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.
Old 2010-05-14, 11:06   Link #60
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

What sucks is that Nene's story would probably be pretty awesome if a different mangaka had taken the job. Like Kawashita for example.

Tags
seinen, shounen