AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-03-17, 03:26   Link #4341
Chase

They did a great job of selling Acnologia's power. All the scenes leading up to him actually arriving were pretty creepy with the sounds. For the first time Fairy Tail was completely helpless. No amount of power coming from them was going to save them. Them holding hands was quite moving in a sense of this is the end. Acnologia is so powerful he forced a time skip. [cut]
Battlefield 4

Last edited by james0246; 2012-03-19 at 11:13. Reason: slight spoiiler for next episode...
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 03:47   Link #4342
Eragon
Still Alive

And I thought Fairytail couldn't get any better. Seems like emotional scenes with male characters work better than with female characters in Fairytail Acnologia was awesome. [cut]

Last edited by james0246; 2012-03-19 at 11:13. Reason: slight spoiler for next episode...
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 07:36   Link #4343
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Also Lucy didn't cry her eyes out and whine that they where all about to die (pushing getting out of character imo, especially after not crying that she was about to die vs Hades)
Yeah, that rubbed me wrong a bit. Plus Erza turned into a total background character during the dragon's arrival. She had a great close-up shot in the manga that I was hoping they'd use:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
They did a great job of selling Acnologia's power. All the scenes leading up to him actually arriving were pretty creepy with the sounds. For the first time Fairy Tail was completely helpless. No amount of power coming from them was going to save them. Them holding hands was quite moving in a sense of this is the end. Acnologia is so powerful he forced a time skip. [cut]
Hrm, I thought both the anime and manga didn't sell its initial power convincingly enough to make the whole guild cower and run like that. Maybe if it had (re)destroyed the Tenrou Tree as its opening move. (But at least it blew up the whole island later )

Last edited by james0246; 2012-03-19 at 11:14.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 12:39   Link #4344
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Should have known better than to get teary-eyed when Makarov was holding off the dragon and everyone was going to the ship. Leave it to FT to not leave anyone behind. There struggle really was futile against Acnologia. So i'm guessing that girl is Mayvis and she did something to protect them, but damn a 7 year wait. I wonder what Zeref meant by another long journey?
Old 2012-03-17, 15:52   Link #4345
ookamigirl

Master - Laxus issue... wish it would get resolved.
Finally! A dragon! I was waiting to see one since the beginning.
Well... this one wasn't the bearer of good things.
Wow, I'm impressed. Didn't think one dragon would be that much of a problem for a whole bunch of wizards.
At least Laxus showed he can be a leader.
The island... everyone... This left me with open mouth & confused look. WTF just happened?!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:24   Link #4346
Senden

After seeing the latest episode I can't wait a week to see what happens next.. can anyone who follows the manga tell me what number the anime is at so I can continue to follow the story?
Senden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 22:18   Link #4347
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senden View Post
After seeing the latest episode I can't wait a week to see what happens next.. can anyone who follows the manga tell me what number the anime is at so I can continue to follow the story?
It's currently at chapter 253. At this rate, the filler should start after chapter 257.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 05:19   Link #4348
godlystriker

Oh wow! I was like WHAT THE HELL!!? That's it? Will the continuation of Fairy Tail really have Romeo taking the lead?

You wouldn't imagine how many times I repeat "WHAT THE HELL!", until the preview of next episode of course ^^
godlystriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 11:48   Link #4349
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Read the manga people you won't regret it. After all I know you all want to know what happens next

As stated a few times now the anime is up to ch 253 atm (so you can start at ch 255), the next few chapters are bridge chapters between the two arcs (the current "S-class trail" arc and the "Year X791" arc, I'm sure all of you have figured that out based on the events of the latest episode already and scenes from next week) so like any bridge between two arcs it takes a few chapters for things to start clicking with what is going on, but after that the next arc has been even better than this arc IMHO. However we are about to get Fairy Tail's first real filler arc in the anime (not like those few horrible mini arc episodes with that squid eating girl and the fake metal dragon hopefully, but a full length filler arc none the less). So for anyone who wants to know what is going to happen next, now is the time to start reading the manga.

Anyone who's watched any of the big three knows what filler arcs can be like and while there are some good filler arcs out there, most aren't as good of quality as the real plot (as with any rule there are debatable exceptions). Since when you get down to it a filler arcs can't change the dynamic of the core plot in any meaningful way (unless they know what is going to happen in the manga which requires communication between the manga author and the anime crew or choose to deviate from it like FMA did and FMA:Brotherhood later fixed). The most you'll usually get is a new supporting character who will make most of there appearances in subsequent filler arcs but only minor spots where they throw in a comment/joke or two in none filler episodes. Other that it most filler arcs are just that, filler with almost nothing from the filler effecting the rest of the plot (except maybe the next filler).

So once again now is the time to pick up the manga if you want to know what will happen next and remember Fairy Tail isn't one of those series where reading the manga ruins the anime, in fact I think it's the opposite and it adds to the experience since quite often the anime fleshes out some events I wished the manga delved more into (for instance Cana had more hints that Gildarts was her dad in the anime while in the manga it just happened and everyone went "WTH O.o?" when she revealed it when she found the grave).

PS: Also of note the manga has for more fan service and blood... think the ova where Erza smashed Levi's head into the wall when she called her a pervert for the type of books she liked and there was blood everywhere and Lucy looked terrified at what Erza did and in that same ova every girl was wearing next to nothing half the time If that isn't your thing, oh well... but if it is, read Fairy Tail asap.
Old 2012-03-18, 14:00   Link #4350
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Nooooooo!! A 7-year filler is coming after this arc! It was fun while it lasted. Lets everyone gather back here on 3/23/2019 and discuss again.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 07:23   Link #4351
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
Nooooooo!! A 7-year filler is coming after this arc! It was fun while it lasted. Lets everyone gather back here on 3/23/2019 and discuss again.
But next episode is not filler.
Besides Fairy Tail barely had any fillers at all till now so I don't really mind. There isn't much to animate from manga right now, fun parts just started there.

P.S. I still believe that killing off Makarov would be better for time skip =/
Old 2012-03-19, 08:11   Link #4352
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Filler should start, as some people have pointed out, after a episode or two.

Nxt episode is kinda necessary, otherwise fans who don't read the Manga will go bonkers over what the hell actually happened.
Old 2012-03-19, 15:31   Link #4353
chaos_animagic

It's awesome, LOL Dragons.

Tho... I bet if Master Makarov wasn't injured or tired... he could probably be on par with the dragon...

Just look at that, he's able to "held it off" for a while before failing. LOL (tho the Dragon was using only like 20% of power.... he was playing... wasn't really fighting)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 16:32   Link #4354
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I'm surprised Maky didn't pull a wrestling move on Acnylugia when he held on to its head and neck. Slam him to the ground MAKY! I really like the fact that the animé gave the team a small moment for a fighting chance, even though it was all for naught. Oh well, next week, the Kinana show, featuring Fairy tail-v-.
Old 2012-03-21, 10:04   Link #4355
haegar
mangaviking

actually I think he did try to lift him up into a throw when grabbing around his neck. But the biatch just flexed its neckmuscles once and didn't budge one bit ...
Old 2012-03-21, 10:17   Link #4356
Ryus
The One Eyed King

^ agree with Haegar, Acnologia just flexed his neck muscles and was able to stop Makarov trying to toss him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
It's awesome, LOL Dragons.

Tho... I bet if Master Makarov wasn't injured or tired... he could probably be on par with the dragon...

Just look at that, he's able to "held it off" for a while before failing. LOL (tho the Dragon was using only like 20% of power.... he was playing... wasn't really fighting)
Gildartz stated that Acnologia wasn't even trying and was just messing with them. Remember Gildarts had his arm, leg, and unstated organs bitten off by Acnologia in less than a second so a mere 4 times more power wouldn't make a man like Gildartz shake in his boots especially since he around Makarov's level of power. Even Zeref feared Acnologia and once he stops caring about life again, is supposedly the strongest mage of all time easily dwarfing Makarov, Gildartz, or Hades in terms of power. Zeref considered himself an insect vs Acnologia or at least showed no reason to disagree about how Acnologia viewed himself vs mere humans.

I'd say Acnologia's power level was far less than 20% as you state, I'd almost view what he showed as just a scratch on the surface of his true power. The true key to how the Dragonslayers will likely defeat a being such as Acnologia is to how they can absorb his attacks then counter attack with his own power once he's drained after a key big attacks (and once they discover there Nakama power up... example: Lucy's in danger and Natsu now knows he's truly in love with her (finally ) = Super Mega Nakama Power Up THAT TRUMPS ALL LOGIC ).
Old 2012-03-21, 12:00   Link #4357
haegar
mangaviking

no, he gets the Super Mega Nakama Power Up when it's Lucy undressing not Gemini ... love is overrated in a fanservice heavy story such as Fairy Tail
Old 2012-03-23, 09:13   Link #4358
blewin

so there will be fillers? that'd be some Vvvvvvvery long fillers considering the recent arc has j-u-s-t started!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 11:02   Link #4359
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Yeah ... gotta give time for the manga to progress further to leave some gap for the anime to not over take.

I don't really mind Fairy Tail fillers, since i've no problem with it so far. Hopefully, they don't disappoint :P
Old 2012-03-23, 22:34   Link #4360
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

The new episode is out!!!

The epic music alone earns this episode a 10/10. Everything else just multiples it!
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen