AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2012-06-07, 20:38   Link #241
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

I'm assuming there's no news on how long this movie's going to be...

I wonder if they'll be able to fit it all in...

Spoiler for JC Staff Outline:
Old 2012-06-07, 20:41   Link #242
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

^Almost sounds like that one Bleach movie
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 20:54   Link #243
tsunade666

^the same as the first movie of bleach detergent powder.
Old 2012-06-07, 20:59   Link #244
Kyouka
Is Here

if that summery is correct id rather just have a season 3
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 21:28   Link #245
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ That's just absurd. It's like judging NT4 for becoming a "shounen-like" tournament arc only to be highly praised as one of the best NT volumes.

Quote:
^Almost sounds like that one Bleach movie
Memories of Nobody?

Also, lemme correct rubix91 on the spoiler title: it's Kamachi's outline.

As for the current story, I don't think Kamachi has a choice but to adopt this type of story.
(1) Everything is disposable. The additional characters and even the Endymion can be disposed of once the story ends.
(2) Making something similar to a short volume would suffer from exposition and/or pacing problems. We all know how detailed Kamachi can get when it comes to metaphysics (YMMV) and if he writes too much on this story, the movie itself might experiences problems even during storyboarding.
(3) Adopting the light novels as a movie is currently a big no-no. Considering that both Shana and Zero no Tsukaima are over, this means that they have to look for a new flagship light novel adaptation, and Index (replacing Shana) and Railgun (replacing Zero no Tsukaima) is shaping up to be their new flagship. This also means that they'll opt to adopt the light novels in anime format instead of movies.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 21:33   Link #246
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ That's just absurd. It's like judging NT4 for becoming a "shounen-like" tournament arc only to be highly praised as one of the best NT volumes.
It never does what it says on the back.

That being said, simplicity is still best here since we're dealing with a rather strict timeline.

This entire incident would probably only take 2 hours...

Quote:
Memories of Nobody?
The first movie yes.

Never seen it though, heard how it ended...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 21:38   Link #247
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I just hope that Endymion is found elsewhere, probably District 23, since it is in charge of aeronautics and space development.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-06-07, 21:46   Link #248
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I just hope that Endymion is found elsewhere, probably District 23, since it is in charge of aeronautics and space development.
Also depending on it's design, a Space Elevator doesn't have to be that monstrous tower we think of in Gundam 00.
Old 2012-06-07, 21:49   Link #249
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, we have already seen what the Endymion looks like (see first sneak peek image a few pages back). It looks more like a tent with spiral foundations than a straight-up shaft to space.

Old 2012-06-07, 21:53   Link #250
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
As for the current story, I don't think Kamachi has a choice but to adopt this type of story.
You know, I honestly hope things don't turn out that way. While it wouldn't surprise me if movie had some formulaic plot, I do believe in Kamachi's writing. If the magic and science can take a back seat to character building and relationships, the story might end up being pretty good. Of course, it's pretty doubtful, but well... there's always hope.

But if it does end up being a popcorn flick, I don't think that would be a bad thing either.
Old 2012-06-07, 22:00   Link #251
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:

Memories of Nobody?
Yeah that's what it was called, I had forgotten the name
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 22:00   Link #252
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
(1) Everything is disposable. The additional characters and even the Endymion can be disposed of once the story ends.
Doubt it- the Railgun DFCs had cameo multiple times in both their Manga and even New Testament.

If these girls lived, we'll be seeing them again one way or another.

Quote:
(2) Making something similar to a short volume would suffer from exposition and/or pacing problems. We all know how detailed Kamachi can get when it comes to metaphysics (YMMV) and if he writes too much on this story, the movie itself might experiences problems even during storyboarding.
Now this one I wouldn't worry too much- This is the first Index animation that isn't an adaptation from a Light Novel and is in fact designed from the start to be an Anime so it wouldn't suffer from pacing problems.

Quote:
(3) Adopting the light novels as a movie is currently a big no-no. Considering that both Shana and Zero no Tsukaima are over, this means that they have to look for a new flagship light novel adaptation, and Index (replacing Shana) and Railgun (replacing Zero no Tsukaima) is shaping up to be their new flagship. This also means that they'll opt to adopt the light novels in anime format instead of movies.
Erm no, I'm pretty sure Railgun is not their replacement for Zero

If there is a sequel for it, I'm pretty sure Zero's replacement would be Aria, considering they're both from MF Bunko anyway... >.>
Old 2012-06-07, 22:16   Link #253
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Doubt it- the Railgun DFCs had cameo multiple times in both their Manga and even New Testament.

If these girls lived, we'll be seeing them again one way or another.
Or just the opposite by showing some future characters as fan teasing.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 22:24   Link #254
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Or just the opposite by showing some future characters as fan teasing.
Lol very true.

I wonder how this would stack up with the other Anime Movies coming out.
Old 2012-06-07, 22:28   Link #255
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Showing future characters as fan teasing would be confusing as hell for canon speculators.

I dunno, I still don't think that Kamachi will reuse them in the future, because if he did, why didn't he show characters from the Audio Drama then (Terunoa and Yasumi Usukinu, aside from many others)?

Old 2012-06-07, 22:39   Link #256
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Showing future characters as fan teasing would be confusing as hell for canon speculators.
Well it's not meant for them after all...

Quote:
I dunno, I still don't think that Kamachi will reuse them in the future, because if he did, why didn't he show characters from the Audio Drama then (Terunoa and Yasumi Usukinu, aside from many others)?
The Audio Dramas were mentioned to be non-canon I believe...
Old 2012-06-08, 00:06   Link #257
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

The time frame into which the story for the movie could take place is some where between September 3- September 30.... from some research I've done there can be only be a few times that the movie could take place: One or two days before Mikoto, Kuroko, Uiharu and Saten go to the Arts and Science City but after the Kazakiri Hyouka arc.

Maybe between September 9- September 14 since there is some dead days between arcs
same for September 26 - September 30 those are between arcs again.

Any thoughts maybe which dates roughly?
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 01:05   Link #258
Miraluka
Banned

One where they use summer uniforms?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 03:43   Link #259
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
One where they use summer uniforms?
The second poster that was just released, Mikoto has the flower hair pin which when i looked at the illistrations for the Toaru Majutsu no Index: Railgun SS: Liberal Arts City
and before the Invasion Arc where they completely change uniforms
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 03:54   Link #260
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalvin_billster1091 View Post
The second poster that was just released, Mikoto has the flower hair pin which when i looked at the illistrations for the Toaru Majutsu no Index: Railgun SS: Liberal Arts City
and before the Invasion Arc where they completely change uniforms

Misaka had that Flower hair pin since the start of the second season up till 0930.

(Though officially in the LN it was earlier than that but nevermind)

So essentially this means that the movie would take place... Well, pretty much within the month of September like you've said.

I would say between 15-19th, which is between Remnant and Diahaisensai. We'll know for sure if either Kuroko is uninjured, or Misaka doesn't hound Kamijou for that Punishment Game.