AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-07-10, 06:22   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 593 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 06:23   Link #2
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

wow, kabuto just got depatched. not even worth waking up?
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 06:32   Link #3
ImperialFlameGod8190

honestly i hate to say it but naruto has officially become ridiculous i mean the 2nd we finally think there's gonna be progress u bring back orochimaru who everyone assumed had died and we still have no clue about naruto vs tobi or the kages vs madara unless ur gonna tell me this is the last arc of naruto until the end i think we've offcially reached the point when things get annoying
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 06:36   Link #4
Destined_Fate

Naruto has always been ridiculous. Besides, it seems like an Orochimaru thing to have the Cursed Seals to act as a conduit to revive him incase he's "killed/sealed" or doesn't get a new body in time.

So... That's where Orochimaru was hiding, eh? Poor Anko just can't escape her past.

Surprised he didn't kill Kabuto or Anko though I wonder if they'll be left behind. Kabuto seems likely to be dragged along, een with no more dragon/snake mode, but Anko though, she seems to have been used up. There's no reason to bring her since she no longer has a cused seal and Orochimaru is back but they didn't kill her so... Unless Orochimaru decides to keep her around I don't see what they can do with her since she's still passed out.

Also foreshadowing for Orochimaru, no arms is the only reason Sasuke/Itachi beat him. Will he finally be at full power? He did re-absorb all of his chakra that was stored in Anko and Kabuto without killing them.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 06:37   Link #5
Sbetsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
honestly i hate to say it but naruto has officially become ridiculous i mean the 2nd we finally think there's gonna be progress u bring back orochimaru who everyone assumed had died and we still have no clue about naruto vs tobi or the kages vs madara unless ur gonna tell me this is the last arc of naruto until the end i think we've offcially reached the point when things get annoying
I think this scene isn't particularly "ridiculous" in the amount of "ridiculous" scenes and plot twists we have already witnessed in the series. I'm surprised you haven't declared the series officially ridiculous years ago.
Sbetsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 06:39   Link #6
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Is it just me or did the curse seal just get retconed as sennin mode? Where the hell did Juugo grow up?

Of course, all Orochimaru is interested in is...Sasuke's young body
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 06:41   Link #7
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Ahaha this is hilarious. Orochimaru knows all lol.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:52   Link #8
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Is it just me or did the curse seal just get retconed as sennin mode? Where the hell did Juugo grow up?

Of course, all Orochimaru is interested in is...Sasuke's young body
Well, to be fair he was interested in Anko's young body when she was his apprentice so it isn't about gender. Than he discarded her and when he returns she's a woman which is a big no-no and now she has no Cursed Seal and lost to Kabuto of all people! No... They must be young, teenage ages being the limit for Orochimaru unless he has no other option.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 07:02   Link #9
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Well, that was a thing. I mean I did not expect Orochimaru's revival to be so easy. Say what you will about his taste in...well everything, but the guy is crazy prepared. Well, if Anko is still alive after this then I personally have no problems with it. So, where could they be going? An undefended Konoha, yes?
Old 2012-07-10, 07:05   Link #10
Shining Celebi
a

Orochimaru still being crippled by Shiki Fuujin makes sense...but haven't we seen him use them since he transferred bodies?
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 07:22   Link #11
haegar
mangaviking

wonder about the Sennin stuff, too. there better be a concise explanation up ahead. as I see it they are either headed for Konoha or maybe to the Uchiha tablet? OR - to some place alike the frog sage valley? who the hell are "THEY" ? ... to little answers this chap as I said in 2592(edit thx) thread earlier ...

still, Oro being around, however surprisingly fast he appeared is a good thing for tension as things are fairly unpredictable now ...

Last edited by haegar; 2012-07-10 at 09:17.
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 07:39   Link #12
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
as I see it they are either headed for Konoha or maybe to the Uchiha tablet? OR - to some place alike the frog sage valley? who the hell are "THEY" ? ... to little answers this chap as I said in 592 thread earlier ...
Probably off to the place where sage techniques originated...more unlikely but still a possibility, the uchiha hideout with the cat guardians.
Old 2012-07-10, 07:47   Link #13
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
so oro returns (awesome as he has always been my 2nd favorite character) and now they are going to the Uchiha hideout to revive even more Uchihas to answer questions he needs to know. probably revive his dad and ask him directly why he choose that time to plan a coup.
Old 2012-07-10, 07:57   Link #14
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Kabuto already explained that 14 chapters ago. Juugo's clan Kekkei Genkai is the ability to naturally absorbe Nature energy (his proximity with nature is apparently also the reason Juugo can communicate with animals). The enzymes in their bodies allows for the energy to be transformed into body modifications but since they aren't trained Sage per say the excess of energy is random and drive them berserk.
Old 2012-07-10, 08:04   Link #15
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Kabuto already explained that 14 chapters ago. Juugo's clan Kekkei Genkai is the ability to naturally absorbe Nature energy (his proximity with nature is apparently also the reason Juugo can communicate with animals). The enzymes in their bodies allows for the energy to be transformed into body modifications but since they aren't trained Sage per say the excess of energy is random and drive them berserk.
do you remember the exact chapter numbers about this explanation? i wanna read it again

and @chapter how come kabuto did not know the way to revive orochimaru seeing that he wants orochimaru to be revived so bad
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 08:13   Link #16
Eragon
Still Alive

Pieces of his conscious kept in the cursed seals so that he may be revived..........does this remind anybody of a nose-less bald guy with slits for eyes from a certain book?

Anyway, as much as I don't like bringing back dead characters its probably better that Oro is back since it makes things a bit interesting.
Old 2012-07-10, 08:22   Link #17
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
do you remember the exact chapter numbers about this explanation? i wanna read it again

and @chapter how come kabuto did not know the way to revive orochimaru seeing that he wants orochimaru to be revived so bad
ch.579 (the infamous "Dr. Snakes" chapter), p.16. Ty Hunter!
Quote:
how come kabuto did not know the way to revive orochimaru seeing that he wants orochimaru to be revived so bad
Secret scroll from secret room is supposed to be...uh, secret, I guess?
Old 2012-07-10, 08:32   Link #18
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

The scroll isn't about Orochimaru's revival, Sasuke decided to revive him because of what's written inside (I'm assuming the scroll is about Edo-Tensei).

The fact that Sasuke could do it doesn't mean Kabuto could, afterall Sasuke is in a unique position to understand the inner working of the Cursed Seal. He knows first hand how Orochimaru's consciousness, the CS and the White Snake power work together in order to create new version of himself. He reverse engineered the seal Kakashi used on him to stop the CS and created a new one for the exact opposite purpose. It's a rather impressive thing to do on the spot but then Sasuke is supposed to be a ridiculously talented ninja.
Old 2012-07-10, 08:34   Link #19
ronin myael
lost ronin

i got to read a naruto chapter earlier for this? i was expecting a more decent asspull than this. so let me get this straight, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, the reason oro placed seals on anko and the others is to infuse a part of himself in them that can be used to revive him in case he doesn't get a new body and dies? well, i have heard of that before, it's called horcruxes! and of course, oro just have to go and propose to sasuke yet again.
Old 2012-07-10, 08:35   Link #20
Mists

I knew it, this manga is was called 'Sasuke' all along! Damn you Kishi. Naruto has no place in this manga lol
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote