Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-03-09, 20:28   Link #21
JackTheKnife
Overly Pompous Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
Noir - Solitude by the Window (Accordeon instead of violins)
Noir has some truly amazing music. My favorite piece is Chloe's theme.

If it doesn't have to be from an anime, I'd highly recommend the score of Sirens (the 1993 movie) by Rachel Portman. That score has some truly stunning orchestral pieces, especially the theme (The Yearning/Sirens Suite, I think it's called). I'd like to link to some of the music, but the only video I found contained some nudity/sexually suggestive stuff so, well, the rules...

Oh, and some video games have fantastic music. Here's an orchestral piece/arrangement from Final Fantasy VI:
Terra's Theme

And an orchestrated version of Chrono Trigger's Schala's Theme

Hope you like 'em.
Old 2013-03-13, 22:14   Link #22
Lightning_Wing

Most of Yuki Kajiura's works for orchestra and piano fit, but Grief from Fate/Zero especially does:

Old 2014-04-24, 13:06   Link #23
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I want to thank everyone for the suggestions I'm really enjoying them. Now I'm looking for more but this time I don't care what instruments are used.

from eroges/ visual novels
1.anything from 2010-present
2. has to be from non translated games
3.would like it if BGM was dark and mysterious like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pydjcxe6fo or emotionally capivating

from anime
1.from 2012-present
2.same as the third requirement from VN/eroges
examples: enjoying some tracks from nagiasu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHbYW8btZeU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBpbZvDQSfg
Old 2014-04-24, 16:57   Link #24
Arya

I'm a bit late, but i wanted to put a couple of pieces from Sen to Chihiro OST. But I suggest to see the movie if you haven't yet, to fully appreciate it.
spirited away - the name of life (instrumental, not the official version)
spirited away - The sixth station
spirited away - one summer's day

from the same composer, Joe Hisaishi, there is also summer from Kikujiro that is nice.

Since the songs have to be anime related I'll stop here.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 18:59   Link #25
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Oh how could I forget about spirited away thanks for reminding me. I actually don't mind if it's not from an anime/eroge so go ahead and share what you got.

Modz if you would so kindly change the title of my thread to "bgm/ost I need to listen before I die"

I swear when I listening to Joe Hisaishi work it's like his whole heart and soul was put into it.he's just that damn good

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2014-04-24 at 21:09.
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 03:36   Link #26
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post
Modz if you would so kindly change the title of my thread to "bgm/ost I need to listen before I die"
Request granted, though do you want anything to make clear limited to anime, non-vocals, or anything in the title?

Anyways, trying to limit to 3 per series (I strongly suggest trying full OST of some of these yourself if you like the ones linked). Here some OST tracks I consider to be very good to down right amazing:

Bakemonogatari (series) OST:
Ika, Kaisou
Senjouhara Tore
思案中 (Failed to remember the english or romaji name of it

Kyoukai Senjou No Horizon/II OST:
Hiding Determination
Nenshou Kairou
Shounetsu Ryouiki

Saki (series) OST:
Changes done..!
Attouteki na Chikara wo Mokuzen Toshite
Teru's Theme

And one more for Little Busters: ~Song For Friends~ Instrumental (Though the vocal version is great too.)
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 12:45   Link #27
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post
Oh how could I forget about spirited away thanks for reminding me. I actually don't mind if it's not from an anime/eroge so go ahead and share what you got.

I swear when I listening to Joe Hisaishi work it's like his whole heart and soul was put into it.he's just that damn good
Yep, I agree about Hisaishi. In fact I double checked before posting about Spirited Away
I don't know if I'm derailing from the main thread but music is music, so here some other suggestions, that are not related to anything in particular, but I think they could fit the mood so to speak. Give it a try.

Ludovico Einaudi - Fly
Ludovico Einaudi - Nuvole Bianche

Giovanni Allevi - Go with the flow
Giovanni Allevi - Sunrise

And if you ask me about OST, well, the first name that comes up to my mind is always Ennio Morricone. Specifically the Mission OST, but everything is fine.

The Mission - Gabriel's Oboe (this one is my absolute favorite piece)
Cello version Gabriel's Oboe and The Falls (Yo-Yo Ma plays Ennio Morricone)
The Legend of 1900 - The Crisis

Hope you like them.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 17:14   Link #28
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

While most of Sawano Hiroyuki's score for Kill la Kill consists of either "epic" orchestral pieces or "industrial" rock and electronic music, the song AdラLib is a lovely, though rather sad, piano solo. It's played behind the scenes depicting Ryouko's back story. Another version of this song, with vocals, appears as "I Want to Know."
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 23:33   Link #29
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

^thanks mod konakaga. Never enjoyed these type of anime but the ost sound amazing. I'm kind of clueless as to what I want right now but keep posting more of this great stuff(handpicked you think are the best).

arya^enjoying ludovico and giovanni though I prefer ludovico's style a bit more.

SeijiSensei^ Big fan of sawano waiting for the second cd to come out so I can buy it
Old 2014-04-26, 06:54   Link #30
RichardFromMarple

Shiro Sagisu's music for Nadia The Secret of Blue Water has many gems.

I'm not sure who wrote the background music for Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei but it has some standout tracks.
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 11:32   Link #31
Dawnstorm

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge has an absolutely gorgeous soundtrack (by Takanashi Yasuharu):

Examples:

Hiiro No Sadame

Kono Mi wa Kizutsuite mo

Setsunai Negai

And the dramaturgically perfectly placed song Glass no Mikazuki
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 03:30   Link #32
typo
Happy as you are

Kiki's Delivery Service
Breeze On The Hill.
Howl's Moving Castle
Merry Go Round Life.

These might be cliche, but they're not that bad once you hear em out.
typo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 12:20   Link #33
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Here's my personal recommendation's.

Composer wise,
1. Any work done by Joe Hisaishi, he's responsible for most if not all of Ghibli's work and most of his work are very iconic. (notable: Laputa, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa)

2. Yoko Kanno's work, an influential composer that have wide range of work. She's quite experimental so you can generally get a good variety of music from her. (notable: Macross Plus, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell)

3. Kunihiko Ryo, mostly epic scores with a lot of focus on piano, (notable: Juuni Kokki, Emma, Fantastic Children)

For more recent animes, I recommend OST from

Kill la Kill
Saki Zenkoku Hen
Old 2014-05-25, 15:38   Link #34
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

If you're open about the instrumentation, then I'll recommend two more of my favorite OSTs, though both are from 2007-2008. Saito Tsuneyoshi's score for Dennou Coil remains at or near the top of my list of anime soundtracks, not only for his lovely melodies, but also for his remarkably varied choices of instrumentation. Honma Yasuke's swing score for Oh! Edo Rocket often sounds like the Dorsey brothers, but I also enjoy some of the other genres he uses like the mariachi sound of "Passion."
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote