Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-03-21, 11:27   Link #12061
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

that or father to his men (and women).
Old 2015-03-21, 11:57   Link #12062
kagato3

Really there is nothing to imply that Touka, Yoshino, the twins, Natsume, or Kurumi were ever human. All of the human spirits retained knowledge that they were human first. Kurumi explicitly stated that her plan killing the first spirit would wipe her from existence and Natsume all but confirmed she was never human.

There is a lot that points to Wescot and Woodman being responsible in at least part for pulling the first spirit over an event that Kurumi sees as giving birth to herself and the others. And their plan at the time was to inverse them.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 12:10   Link #12063
Trung-t-rung

My personal theory is that Spirits are simply human girls with special latent ability with Reiryoku who
Spoiler for personal theory:
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 12:23   Link #12064
AKAAkira
Bookmaker

So apparently Kotori's parents' names are Youko (遥子) and Tatsuo (竜雄), assuming a (relatively) common reading for the latter. (At first I thought it was "Ryuuyuu" until I went to look it up in Google and found this guy.)

----

Also, though this post is several pages late response by now, but anyone else notice that Mayuri and Kotori has one same kanji in their names? I don't know much about Japanese naming trends, but I do find that a little odd. There's gotta be at least ten different name-kanji for "ri" than 里, from a distinction-making standpoint you'd want to avoid characters with similar names (unless it's used as some kind of device), and I know at least one other name they could've used if all they wanted was that "10,000" character in her name (万夜花, Mayaka, though it's probably a made-up name).

I wonder if there's going to be some kind of connection between them...

Last edited by AKAAkira; 2015-03-24 at 16:06. Reason: typo...
AKAAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 14:52   Link #12065
RaymondSageClark
Banned

@AKAAkira may I ask where did you get the info about Kotori's parents?
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 18:23   Link #12066
AKAAkira
Bookmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondSageClark View Post
@AKAAkira may I ask where did you get the info about Kotori's parents?
Er, the last page. Someone posted a screenshot of the two, and the text beside the picture narrates what they're doing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDown! View Post
Kotori's parents:
Spoiler for image:
The line you want is, "五河家の前に並んで立ちながら、遥子と竜雄は感慨深げに呟いた。"

(Which translates to, "Youko and Tatsuo spoke softly, lined up before the Itsukas' house and feeling a rush of emotion". The part before that's the dialogue discussing how nostalgic they are before their own house, the part after starts describing Youko as a woman with hair cut short and a pair of almond eyes (tsurime, if you prefer) displaying strong will, who's constantly puffing out her chest, and Tatsuo, standing in contrast with his wife, the eyes inside his black-rimmed glasses always grinning... The rest of the text is too fuzzy to make out.)
AKAAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 18:43   Link #12067
RaymondSageClark
Banned

^Thanks!, seems like dal 11.5 is going to a really interesting volume.
Old 2015-03-21, 19:16   Link #12068
crimsonflair
Support Class

Vol. 11.5 I think is Tachibana's way of introducing space he needs to continue the plot. Well it depends if it's true or not once there is a clear synopsis.

So Kotori's parents have been gone for about 7-8 months. IIRC they were first mentioned in Vol. 1 which was set in April.
crimsonflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 19:38   Link #12069
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDown! View Post
Kotori's parents:
Spoiler for image:
Kotori's mom was quite the looker .

Though it looks like the possibility of Kotori's bust size improving as she gets older are looking more unlikely .
Old 2015-03-21, 20:01   Link #12070
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Kotori's mom is a female versión of shidou lol.
Old 2015-03-21, 20:36   Link #12071
Superbia

Quote:
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think this. When I saw her I couldn't help but think that this would eventually lead to them revealing that they adopted Shidou because Youko (I'm assuming for now that that name is the mothers) was his aunt or something along those lines.

Even though I know it won't happen since Reine would have mentioned if Kotori had DNA in common with Shidou or Mana, I still can't help but wonder.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 20:41   Link #12072
Zodiarkbad

Nah, it's just Tsunako and her serious case of sameface again. She also looks like a no twintails version of Kotori.
Zodiarkbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 20:45   Link #12073
Miraluka
Banned

And with the same chest no less (look at Rinne no Utopia's Kotori end).
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 20:58   Link #12074
cyberdemon

Quote:
No she is Kotori with short hair. I do get the feeling that it might turn out that Shidou is actually Kotori's cousin when seeing her though. It would give a good reason why he was put into their care.
Old 2015-03-21, 22:29   Link #12075
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAAkira View Post
Er, the last page. Someone posted a screenshot of the two, and the text beside the picture narrates what they're doing:

The line you want is, "五河家の前に並んで立ちながら、遥子と竜雄は感慨深げに呟いた。"

(Which translates to, "Youko and Tatsuo spoke softly, lined up before the Itsukas' house and feeling a rush of emotion". The part before that's the dialogue discussing how nostalgic they are before their own house, the part after starts describing Youko as a woman with hair cut short and a pair of almond eyes (tsurime, if you prefer) displaying strong will, who's constantly puffing out her chest, and Tatsuo, standing in contrast with his wife, the eyes inside his black-rimmed glasses always grinning... The rest of the text is too fuzzy to make out.)
Oh Kotori....

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 23:28   Link #12076
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Oh Kotori....
well we see who Kotori models her commander mode off of lol
Old 2015-03-21, 23:31   Link #12077
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
well we see who Kotori models her commander mode off of lol
Minus the assets...

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 00:15   Link #12078
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Mother with boobs = daughter with flat chest

Mother without boobs = daughter with massive balls of meat

Damn logic, If only Kotori had boobs... oh god intant - bo**r.
Old 2015-03-22, 01:10   Link #12079
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Minus the assets...
That picture doesn't really make them seem all that big even on her mother. lol. Her mother doesn't seem to care and takes pride in herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Really there is nothing to imply that Touka, Yoshino, the twins, Natsume, or Kurumi were ever human. All of the human spirits retained knowledge that they were human first. Kurumi explicitly stated that her plan killing the first spirit would wipe her from existence and Natsume all but confirmed she was never human.

There is a lot that points to Wescot and Woodman being responsible in at least part for pulling the first spirit over an event that Kurumi sees as giving birth to herself and the others. And their plan at the time was to inverse them.
Nothing implying they were born spirits either.

With the twins it seems to hint that they were likely the children of the previous Yamai who died and her powers were split between the twins.

Tohka knows nothing about herself or her past. Even compared to the other spirits. She didn't even know her own name despite all the other spirits already having one.

Natsume never really confirmed anything from what I read. Some of Natsume's negative rants also sometimes seemed like she was drawing from a bad experience in the past rather than just her imagination.

Yoshino could be made an argument for but at the same time since she has knowledge of herself but at the same time she is also the type who wouldn't talk about her past very easily.

I actually speculate that Kurumi was probably a dying girl before she was made a spirit. Very sickly but having little time left to live (something she was conscious of which was what allowed her to manipulate her own time and the time of others after becoming a spirit. Kind've like Miku's abilities when she turned into a spirit being singing based. and Origami's abilities taking form similar to the CR units that she is used to using and being able to use them in the same way). Going back and erasing the original spirit would wipe her becoming a spirit and likely result in her dying from what she would've before.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2015-03-22 at 01:32.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 08:17   Link #12080
JonasDown!

I just found this:
Image 1:
Spoiler for image:

Image 2:
Spoiler for image:
JonasDown! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy