AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Muv-Luv - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 11 22.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 24.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 38.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-02, 15:16   Link #161
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Going by the last two episodes

Ep04: Flies the Type-97, crashes in the woods. Tells Yui its a piece of Japanese Crap.
Ep05: Flies the Type-94, crashes in the city. Tells Yui its still a piece of Japanese Crap.

Ep06: Rides a Surfing Board, crashes in the waves. Tells Yui its a piece of Japanese Crap.
So is this whole thing based on just training and testing? Will we ever see any battles where the humans will move out to fight back the BETA?
Old 2012-08-02, 16:32   Link #162
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I'm guessing the beach would expand to two episodes.
Old 2012-08-02, 19:08   Link #163
relentlessflame

*Administrator

For speculation about the next episode, please feel free to use the two Speculation threads.
Old 2012-08-02, 21:00   Link #164
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
For speculation about the next episode, please feel free to use the two Speculation threads.
Woops! Overlooked those threads, thanks for the reminder.

Reposted there: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...71#post4287071

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-08-02, 22:37   Link #165
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Really liking Yui, unpredicatable at times. Criticism is straight to the point and blunt. There should be more female characters like her. You know I just realize Yui reminds me of the sleeping beauty I call a girlfriend, sleeping right by me
Old 2012-08-04, 14:17   Link #166
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Thank goodness the next Episode is a beach fan-service one, literally. It should be hard to disagree about scantly clad bodies, right?

Lets draw the line at comparing racial body types though. That way the dark side leads to.
But there's no Cryska in the pics posted.
Old 2012-08-04, 17:14   Link #167
kari-no-sugata

Been meaning to post this for a while but just never got time...

In theory this ep should be the climax to this little story arc (eps 3-5)... but it didn't really work for me.

It was nice to see some of Yui's inner thoughts and to get a bit more insight to her current situation, but having everyone suddenly call her "Yui-hime" (probably generally translated as "princess Yui" but I think "Lady Yui" would be perfectly fine and makes more sense) was a bit sudden. Was nice to see Yuuya realise that others have their troubles too, including Yui - and he finally saluted Yui too. Woo. Was also nice to see some close combat focused action and even a mecha throwing another. I like pretty ladies with long hair wielding swords and Yui's pilot suit looked a lot better than I expected. Yum.

But, the core part of the story felt a bit flat at the end. I didn't get a sense of proper tension in the climax scene - even though Yuuya's going "I got a bad feeling about this" the music doesn't match that mood at all. Considering Yui "skewered" one team-mate and swatted the other two like flies I think it would have been better to show Yuuya fearing for his life or something rather than pride as a pilot. It feels like a lost opportunity. Also the scene at the bar rather interrupted the build-up in tension - was too light-hearted and most of it felt like tick-box fan-service (maids - check, big boobs - check, cat-maid - check). Sure, the stuff has got to sell commercially so I'm not going to begrudge some quick-and-easy fan-service but maybe it would have been better putting most/all of that scene at the start of the ep and then ramping up the tension.

It would have also been nice to have a better feeling of why exactly we had this particular climax scene in the first place. I'm guessing Yuuya hasn't been using the new machine for much more than a week - yet somehow it could be justified to take this big risk. Even if Yui has a lot of confidence in her skills it's still a big risk. Clearly the captain was involved, knew about it in advance, and actively supported it even if the bridge bunnies didn't - it certainly wasn't just Yui going crazy. I hope they give some kind of hint as why they seem so pressed for time - okay so the BETA are a big threat but there's no in-universe hints I could see that these sorts of things would be normal even accounting for that. At least we're given some hints as to what Yuuya's problems were - until his epiphany he hated the TSF he was piloting.

A couple of thoughts on the "fight" itself: Yui turns up and takes out a sword but takes no further action. Yuuya takes no action so of course Miss eager-beaver goes charging in. But Yui's just here for Yuuya and one-hit-kills the others. But with Yuuya she starts out very passive (mostly just dodges) or does very weak attacks. Clearly this is a "special" training session just for Yuuya. Yui slowly ramps up the level, Yuuya gets his little epiphany and Yui notices. They cross blades a few more times and Yui seems to repeat the move she took when Yuuya had his little epiphany - checking to see how he improved? When Yui is disarmed the captain immediately comes on-line to stop things - considering the captain knew in advance, he and Yui should have arranged some signal to indicate the end, so maybe "disarm" was the signal, though we can't be certain about such things until they're confirmed. Anyway, to cap it off we have empath loli confirm that Yui was in teaching mode though we dont really get confirmation about what Yui is thinking at that point - looking towards the future and reflecting on her actions I guess? Though what's with the watch? (dont remember seeing it before).
Old 2012-08-05, 02:47   Link #168
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Really liking Yui, unpredicatable at times. Criticism is straight to the point and blunt. There should be more female characters like her. You know I just realize Yui reminds me of the sleeping beauty I call a girlfriend, sleeping right by me
It's called tsundere, and their numbers are legion.
Also, cake.
Old 2012-08-07, 02:57   Link #169
zeth006

Oops. Wrong thread.
Old 2013-01-25, 07:40   Link #170
ReddyRedWolf

Japanese TSF relies too much on piloting skill and not very user friendly. So the problem is the mechanical or pilot side but the operating system sucks.

Which means Japanese TSF's sucks as mass produced units because of the lack of pilots qualified to pilot them.
Closed Thread