AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-07-25, 09:56   Link #61
Justice_Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The simple answer to your question is that no one here knows the answer.

US manga publishers are certainly aware of the series. It's been suggested to them as a possible license. The mangaka is known to them since some of her older works have been published here in the past. So it's a possibility that Yona will eventually be licensed. But that's all anyone can say at this point.

Thank you.....

I apologize for posting this the wrong way.... I'm new here, and still am trying to figure out all the rules here.
Justice_Rises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-25, 23:23   Link #62
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice_Rises View Post
The last time i saw something do that (*Coughs* Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. *Coughs*), it screwed up the story and nearly killed the show, and it's angering the audience.

I'm a writer, and i think this is a lousy pacing to tell a story... It's humorous, and good story, but it's pacing is wrong, and it needs to be straightforward.

These questions should have already been answered.... There meant to be answered, to raise new questions, to continue the story.....

The fact that these things are left unanswered means it's stalling (Even if you dont agree with me).... If He/She wants to continue the story past this, then you create new mysteries around these things to create more arcs, not a bunch of side-stories that dont move the plot...

Yona just going around and helping the kingdom, while heartfelt and kind of touching, does nothing for the plot, it strengthens character, but is not her Interior motive. She's lost, and has to find her way.... Her motive is to reclaim what was taken, and avenge her father.
Wait a minute, are we reading the same manga? Yes, the mystery regarding the sword and shield are certainly hanging in the background, but it's exactly that, in the background. Although they paint the setting and help progress the plot, AnY is not a manga about mysteries and myth. Ultimately, it's a manga about Yona's growth as a person. It's about her journey as she attempts to mature from a sheltered, spoiled, and naive princess into a mature woman with an understanding of her people and country. It's about Yona's attempt to define who she is and the role she will take on. To get rid of all that for a faster paced story would change the very nature of the manga and most likely leave us with a shallow product. Kuroshitsuji comes immediately to mind as an example of this.

tl;dr: IMO, this manga has excellent pacing.

And as a last note, claiming to be a writer doesn't give someone's argument any more relevancy than another person's, just like someone's ability to cook doesn't make his opinion on a dish any more important than that of someone who can't.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 16:26   Link #63
Justice_Rises

Whatever dude.... You do have a right to your opinion...

But anyways....

Chapter 110 came out and it really went into Yona's motives and, her beginning to really fall for Hak and he with her now... And it was pretty impressive....

Question is, where do they go from here.... That's why i keep bringing up the ending, cause every chapter feels like a storm is coming that could mean the end.

Heck, Nisekoi looks like it's finally coming to a close, which i'm very happy to see.

And for those looking for updates, so far it looks like the story is picking up a bit of steam in terms of story and so forth.
Old 2015-08-12, 16:56   Link #64
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I need to catch up. Last one I read had something to do with what was going on with Soo-Won while the arc about Shinah
Spoiler:
Old 2015-08-12, 17:01   Link #65
Malicre

I stopped reading this manga around chapter 40, right around the time Yona and Soo-Won ran into each other and yona still had feeling for him even after he killed her father. personally ill never understand what people see in this manga.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-19, 02:13   Link #66
BPD Renegade

Just leaving this here:

Spoiler for awww:

Oh Ao. I could stare at you all evening. Er, and you too Shin-ah. Well, maybe not all evening for you.

Last edited by BPD Renegade; 2015-10-20 at 19:53. Reason: fixed dead link
Old 2015-11-14, 17:17   Link #67
BPD Renegade

A bit old, but AnY has been licensed!
Source
Old 2016-01-14, 21:22   Link #68
Justice_Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
A bit old, but AnY has been licensed!
Source
Finally! Now i can buy it and catch up this summer!

Also, for those who look at this, were up to chapter 118, and boy is it intense.
Old 2016-02-23, 00:43   Link #69
ellifeedn
Thinker

I finished catching up on this series. I wonder if Kouka is going to annex Sei and Xing.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 04:30   Link #70
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I just read Chapter 120 recently. I really like this manga and I'm also glad that the plot is moving along, although I just wish that Yona would hurry up and find out about Hak's feelings for her.

It's interesting that Soo-Won knows now that the legend about Four Dragon Warriors and King Hiryuu is real. And I think he also guessed from what Ki-Ja said about it when he asked him ("It's someone you know very well"), that the "King Hiryuu" the current Dragon Warriors are protecting is Yona.

Yona heard the legend, but it seems like she doesn't understand that the original Hiryuu, the Red Dragon, became a human because he'd stayed with the humans for too long which caused him to lose his powers. She doesn't seem to get that King Hiryuu was a normal human without any powers because of that and that her being his reincarnation doesn't necessarily mean she also has to have Dragon powers. I hope she understands this soon.

By the way, at the end of Chapter 120, when Yona saw Hak catching Lily; what's up with her reaction? Does anyone on here think she might be getting jealous? I really hope not, as there's no reason for her to. And she also doesn't have a right to get jealous since she's been pushing him away for too long and has also been treating him like her bodyguard more than as a man she could be with.

Looking at her face and expression, though, I guess it also be something else entirely. But what?
Old 2016-04-13, 11:36   Link #71
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
By the way, at the end of Chapter 120, when Yona saw Hak catching Lily; what's up with her reaction? Does anyone on here think she might be getting jealous? I really hope not, as there's no reason for her to. And she also doesn't have a right to get jealous since she's been pushing him away for too long and has also been treating him like her bodyguard more than as a man she could be with.

Looking at her face and expression, though, I guess it also be something else entirely. But what?
I think Yona is reacting to Soo-Won helping to save Lily.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 17:57   Link #72
SweetRain
のろい~

Quote:
I just read Chapter 120 recently. I really like this manga and I'm also glad that the plot is moving along, although I just wish that Yona would hurry up and find out about Hak's feelings for her.

It's interesting that Soo-Won knows now that the legend about Four Dragon Warriors and King Hiryuu is real. And I think he also guessed from what Ki-Ja said about it when he asked him ("It's someone you know very well"), that the "King Hiryuu" the current Dragon Warriors are protecting is Yona.

Yona heard the legend, but it seems like she doesn't understand that the original Hiryuu, the Red Dragon, became a human because he'd stayed with the humans for too long which caused him to lose his powers. She doesn't seem to get that King Hiryuu was a normal human without any powers because of that and that her being his reincarnation doesn't necessarily mean she also has to have Dragon powers. I hope she understands this soon.

She is basically moved to tears because she saw how both Hak & Soo-won worked together to save Lily, and I don't blame her, I mean it does leave you wondering the big things they could have accomplished if they hadn't ended like they did.
SweetRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 05:22   Link #73
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Makes sense, if it's that. I do think Soo-Won and Hak need to reconcile somehow. Ki-Ja and Shin-Ah also noticed that Soo-Won may not really be that bad of a person. I wonder if Hak knows exactly why he killed Emperor Il in the first place? I can understand the anger from the betrayal and the pain Yona felt from knowing that Soo-Won killed her father (I don't remember if she saw the whole thing or if she came in afterwards and heard from Soo-Won himself after seeing the situation), but if one were to calm down and think, Soo-Won isn't completely wrong here. He's doing all this for the sake of Kouka.

I remember from earlier in the thread that there was some confusion as to who the descendants of King Hiryuu actually are. I don't think it's the Fire Tribe, despite the whole "fire" and "red" connection. I think that the Sky Tribe are the descendants of King Hiryuu, with my main proof being Yona herself.
Old 2016-04-14, 19:06   Link #74
SweetRain
のろい~

Quote:
Makes sense, if it's that. I do think Soo-Won and Hak need to reconcile somehow. Ki-Ja and Shin-Ah also noticed that Soo-Won may not really be that bad of a person. I wonder if Hak knows exactly why he killed Emperor Il in the first place? I can understand the anger from the betrayal and the pain Yona felt from knowing that Soo-Won killed her father (I don't remember if she saw the whole thing or if she came in afterwards and heard from Soo-Won himself after seeing the situation), but if one were to calm down and think, Soo-Won isn't completely wrong here. He's doing all this for the sake of Kouka.

I remember from earlier in the thread that there was some confusion as to who the descendants of King Hiryuu actually are. I don't think it's the Fire Tribe, despite the whole "fire" and "red" connection. I think that the Sky Tribe are the descendants of King Hiryuu, with my main proof being Yona herself.
I'm gonna put my comment under a spoiler cuz it got kind of long.
Spoiler:
SweetRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-15, 10:56   Link #75
Windsgrace

^Perhaps King Il was opposed to violence because he knew what his daughter was. (The reincarnation of King Hiryuu.) In order for the soul to "activate" for a lack of a better term was to be in middle of a strife or a need for reform in the Kingdom. This is just a minor theory of mine. ^^

Also Soo-won has been so use to deception his whole life than perhaps he is even lying to himself. We really never know what he is thinking. Also as you said SweetRain "he seems too perfect, so perfect it seems fake."
Old 2016-11-07, 00:49   Link #76
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ch 132

Now that ... that was a very interesting chapter. One that unexpectedly sheds a lot of light on other facets to the whole situation behind the events before and after Yona's father was chosen to be king, and behind some of King Il's decisions.

One of the things I love about this manga is how it shows that things are not always as simple as may appear. Excellent stuff!
Old 2016-11-07, 08:03   Link #77
zztop

I've noticed how, throughout the story, plenty of characters comment on how beautiful/handsome the men in Yona's group are. Yet when it comes to Yona herself, they only comment on her hair colour and not much else...
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 08:57   Link #78
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I've noticed how, throughout the story, plenty of characters comment on how beautiful/handsome the men in Yona's group are. Yet when it comes to Yona herself, they only comment on her hair colour and not much else...
Have u also notice they are a bunch of reverse-harem for Yona only?
It's annoying that at this point some still thinks Yona deserves more love

I hope they don't cause trouble to Soo Won, he didn't want to be harsh on Yona's gang but this event may make things worst.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 13:54   Link #79
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Now that ... that was a very interesting chapter. One that unexpectedly sheds a lot of light on other facets to the whole situation behind the events before and after Yona's father was chosen to be king, and behind some of King Il's decisions.
That was something I was waiting to get brought up for a long time now, and it figures it took over a 100 chapters for it to be mentioned again.

The early parts of the series spent some time on mentioning how poorly (or at least, unpopular) King Il's rule on Kouka had been for the populace, and how the five generals didn't like that he had been giving up land to neighbouring countries, trying to paint a "Il was a good man, but awful king" image for him.

But from what people of the Wind Tribe and Hak, the strongest solider in the entire kingdom, said of Il, they thought very highly of him and poorly of his brother. Soo-Woon's father in particular was only talked about briefly, but mentions of him were always talking how "terrible" he was in character, or how he was exiled the priests of the castle or how he was constantly in war with everyone. I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop and we got the perspective of the other kingdoms to how both rulers acted, and how much of a better king Il was to them because he actually understood diplomacy and had basic human decency.

The line about why he gave up those land gains to the other kingdoms is now in full context, and makes me wonder what move Soo-Woon will take in regards to that, given the last few wars he kept on going on campaign for had been to get back the lost lands Il gave away as reparations.
Old 2017-08-18, 00:12   Link #80
Justice_Rises

Well things have certainly picked up and are off to the races. Chapter 145 will be coming soon (Tomorrow or the day after.) and man alive it's gonna get wild!

Tags
adventure, akatsuki no yona, manga, romance comedy, yona of the dawn