AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2022-06-30, 23:52   Link #3881
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

OMG that's horrible.

With how Super-1 can be said the only Showa Rider brimmed with optimism, I guess its not surprising he managed to commit it thrice.

Nowadays bad news related to Riders were cases like Odagiri Joe refusal to portray Godai again, Toei unable to get Tendo, Ryotaro and Hibiki again, with the worst so far, I think, Kobayashi Yutaka (Kaito in Gaim) caught shoplifting. So to learn even Rider franchise once a scam materials surprised me.
Old 2022-07-01, 05:07   Link #3882
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It also hurt me considering I also grew up watching KR Super-1. The show was pretty fine and Super-1 costume is one of the coolest looking among the "pure" Showa Riders (excluding Black, RX, ZO, J, Shin). And his "Five Hands" powers are neat.

I guess this is the case of "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain".
Old 2022-07-01, 07:54   Link #3883
B214

It's most likely because Japan is still undermining the importance of mental care. And the Japanese somehow have this kind of huge expectation on their celebrities to keep or maintain their "image" as the audiences see fit.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-01, 11:07   Link #3884
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

True there were case like that, such as Fumika Shimizu, Yuki in Fourze, joined suspicious cult resulting on every KRC members that's not Gentaro omitted from Fourze.

However I don't think Super-1 actor case belong to such case; once is coincidence, second time is suspect, third times confirmation.
He did it three times with more or less same method with same target (90's fans), so he fully aware that Super-1 image is strong to fund whatever he did; as maintaining image in industry for career applied to every workers (even staffs responsible to properties can be punished if they caught leaking upcoming Rider items), my guess he's addicted to something and can't stop.

Somehow this made me wish Mizushima Hiro can reprise Tendo (Kabuto). Man got blacklisted yet in his vlog he never missed opportunity to express how grateful he's to Kabuto whenever he visit Tokyo; even jealous when Yuki Sato (Kagami) visited him and hinted he will return in untitled future show (Zi-O). Definite 180 compare to this Super-1 case.
Old 2022-07-01, 18:14   Link #3885
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Somehow this made me wish Mizushima Hiro can reprise Tendo (Kabuto). Man got blacklisted yet in his vlog he never missed opportunity to express how grateful he's to Kabuto whenever he visit Tokyo; even jealous when Yuki Sato (Kagami) visited him and hinted he will return in untitled future show (Zi-O). Definite 180 compare to this Super-1 case.
Why did he get blacklisted?
Old 2022-07-01, 23:03   Link #3886
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Why did he get blacklisted?
I believe you know Bakuman, anime or manga, the story got similar part to that.

During his time in high school, Hiro promised his girlfriend that he will marry her once he appear in a widely-known series (in other words, became popular in Japan).
Of course, following that, once Kabuto finished, he immediately proposed to her who patiently waiting and cheering him from distance due to each of their job, as male idol and singer respectively. His agency really angry when they learned about this because Hiro is one of their popular idols during that time; as you may guess, they wanted Hiro to not getting married as usual idols procedure of maintaining image.

Hiro chose his girlfriend (now wife), then the agency used their connection to blacklisted him from every jobs that have ties with the agency. Resulting on news he's leaving the agency after Beck live-action and, even to this date, he's not allowed to talk about "Kamen Rider Kabuto" more than "that job". Yuki Sato (Kagami) himself often refers to Kabuto as "that job" in respect to Hiro who loves Kabuto a lot for being his favorite role as well as his first big title, aside of Sato being part of people that believe Kabuto is Tendo, who can't be anyone but Hiro.

Toei can't do anything about this as they owed good amount of casting to the agency, even to current Reiwa Riders. Hiro himself is now working as part of content advisor team for Netflix Japan.
Old 2022-07-02, 01:08   Link #3887
B214

^This is another issue to why sometimes celebrities end up doing this kind of petty crimes. The pressure of the agency on them. Japan's way of letting agency "control" their talents to even their personal life IMO is taking it too far. I've heard before how some talent agency pays to have their child celebrity to leave their parents and stay at their hostels.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 05:10   Link #3888
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

When extremities did well to increase the number, it continues.

Recent example of effect to Rider show I can think of is Takeru Sato for Heisei Generations: Final.
His agency prohibited normal Ryotaro and possessions other than Urataros because only Urataros fit with Takeru Sato character image within his female fanbase.
As a result we only got a smile from him and farewell from Momotaros (which some Japan audience take as implication we won't see Ryo-Momo OG duet again) to compromise satisfying both sides, contrast to "he became too expensive we can only afford Momo and one random Imagin" in Saraba.

Old 2022-07-02, 07:05   Link #3889
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I believe you know Bakuman, anime or manga, the story got similar part to that.

During his time in high school, Hiro promised his girlfriend that he will marry her once he appear in a widely-known series (in other words, became popular in Japan).
Of course, following that, once Kabuto finished, he immediately proposed to her who patiently waiting and cheering him from distance due to each of their job, as male idol and singer respectively. His agency really angry when they learned about this because Hiro is one of their popular idols during that time; as you may guess, they wanted Hiro to not getting married as usual idols procedure of maintaining image.

Hiro chose his girlfriend (now wife), then the agency used their connection to blacklisted him from every jobs that have ties with the agency. Resulting on news he's leaving the agency after Beck live-action and, even to this date, he's not allowed to talk about "Kamen Rider Kabuto" more than "that job". Yuki Sato (Kagami) himself often refers to Kabuto as "that job" in respect to Hiro who loves Kabuto a lot for being his favorite role as well as his first big title, aside of Sato being part of people that believe Kabuto is Tendo, who can't be anyone but Hiro.

Toei can't do anything about this as they owed good amount of casting to the agency, even to current Reiwa Riders. Hiro himself is now working as part of content advisor team for Netflix Japan.
That is really fucked up. What he did is incredibly romantic, and they ended up punishing him for that. What a bunch of assholes.
Old 2022-07-02, 21:14   Link #3890
iko_uwais

Okay, best episode in a while. Destream vs Crimson Vail was awesome. Hopefully Destream will appear again in the series and not just the movie
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-03, 04:23   Link #3891
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for Destream vs. Crimson Vail carrying the series. LOL.:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
Okay, best episode in a while. Destream vs Crimson Vail was awesome. Hopefully Destream will appear again in the series and not just the movie
Looking at how it delivered, Destream seems set to be movie-only Rider.
Old 2022-07-03, 13:35   Link #3892
GDB

So... how did this fight show Daiji the light? The fight seemed to be about accepting your inner demon/darkness and forgiving yourself, but Daiji's entire thing since going rogue was that humanity was doomed if it didn't submit to Giff. So how does punching Vail change that?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-03, 17:09   Link #3893
justavisitor

The episode was good, but it was more like a spin-off episode that we are used to see after the series is over...they just bring the spin-off episode to the main series just out of randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So... how did this fight show Daiji the light? The fight seemed to be about accepting your inner demon/darkness and forgiving yourself, but Daiji's entire thing since going rogue was that humanity was doomed if it didn't submit to Giff. So how does punching Vail change that?
Simple, the dad wants to show Daiji that the good side has the better tech See how Daiji immediately rebels against Akaishi when he sees Akaishi is "dying" is the best showcase that Daiji only believes in power and basically just wants to be on the winning side...

My comment was more like a tongue in cheek, but surprisingly fits if you think about it
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-03, 17:51   Link #3894
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Nothing about Daiji's character arc makes sense.

I don't know why they tried to link Vail and Genta's subplot to him.
Old 2022-07-03, 19:19   Link #3895
kiak666

All those talk about Daiji aside (lol, dude couldn't even beat Jeanne), one other thing I'm not particularly a fan of is how they're turning Akaishi into an absolute joke.

I mean, I get that they're trying to show that Ultimate Revice is a whole lot stronger compared to the other Riders, but they could have at least let Akaishi put up a decent fight by using all those cool moves that he has during his fight against the Weekend Riders.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-03, 23:21   Link #3896
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Agreed, Ultimate Revice easily win against Akaishi is another disappointment.
Not only it kept Akaishi as "the character that hard to be taken seriously" but also they didn't even bother to made audience think Daiji insistence is because Akaishi did well against Ultimate Revice. Sure he's not the big boss but even Solomon have dignity to be the only Rider in Saber that can withstand Xross Saber power.

Just consider it as all the budget goes to Genta vs. Vail that ... ended up with weird, questionable lesson to Daiji.

Old 2022-07-04, 02:42   Link #3897
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, it makes sense that Ultimate completely beat down Akaishi- Ultimate needs to have the power to beat Giff, and even Akaishi is really just small fry (okay, maybe a mid-boss) compared to Giff. Or in other words: if they had trouble against Akaishi, they wouldn't be able to handle Giff AT ALL.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-04, 03:40   Link #3898
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Well, it makes sense that Ultimate completely beat down Akaishi- Ultimate needs to have the power to beat Giff, and even Akaishi is really just small fry (okay, maybe a mid-boss) compared to Giff. Or in other words: if they had trouble against Akaishi, they wouldn't be able to handle Giff AT ALL.
Like I said, I get that they're hyping up Ultimate Revice. My main problem with the fight is how Akaishi didn't use all those moves and abilities that he was shown using against the other Riders, you would have think that he would be using everything in his arsenal to fight against someone so powerful.

Like Tactics said, even Solomon puts up a better fight against Xross Saber despite being outclassed.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-04, 14:52   Link #3899
justavisitor

But Solomon was a "final boss" at that time, that means, at that time, Solomon was the most powerful evil being there...

Do we have a better midboss vs final form fight in KR Series (When I say midboss, I mean at that time both sides know there already exists a higher evil being??)

From my memory, we have:
1) W extreme vs Weather
2) OOO dino form vs fake ark (at that time not many ppl thought the doc was going to be the final boss, but he was powering up rapidly at that time if I remember correctly...besides, that fight is one of the best fights in KR in my opinion)
3) Drive vs Number 1? (Drive final form debut)
4) Gaim vs that red monster

I would say those four fights were handled better. But it's tough to find a midboss fight...most of them were considered as "final boss" at that time....maybe that's why the solomon fight was more dramatic because Soloman was the strongest at that time
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-04, 15:43   Link #3900
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
1) W extreme vs Weather
Wasn't Weather beaten by Accel Trial?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu