AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-06-08, 04:26   Link #41
WingedAccelerator

Given Miki's style, don't get surprised if the timeskip wedding of Nagi and Erika will feature Hiro and Shion as real husband and wife with children. She is not going to focus on them, Hiro might even reject Shion not even once in the story, but they will be still a couple as leftovers. *Odagiri Nene and Ushio*
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 19:04   Link #42
AndrewR5D4

Pfft... More crap coming out of Segawa's mouth. She entertains herself by screwing around with Nagi, almost like self-amusement is more important than his very real feelings for her. It's like the author is trying to make her unlikable at this point. Hiro knows how he feels and chooses to drop vague answers and blatantly messes with him whenever they're together. I know her engagement is an issue, but her actions feel so cheap.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-16, 02:05   Link #43
Lex79

Seems like Segawa felt that Nagi won't wait for her forever and decided to tighten the lash a bit. Sadly for her, it might be already too late.
Old 2022-06-16, 03:31   Link #44
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Pfft... More crap coming out of Segawa's mouth. She entertains herself by screwing around with Nagi, almost like self-amusement is more important than his very real feelings for her. It's like the author is trying to make her unlikable at this point. Hiro knows how he feels and chooses to drop vague answers and blatantly messes with him whenever they're together. I know her engagement is an issue, but her actions feel so cheap.
What? List me all the times any sort of choice came between Hiro and the other girls and Nagi chose Hiro. Supposedly if Nagi is so in love with Hiro, it's a no brainer that Hiro is his preference. Except not at all and he is always favoring everyone if he can. Even freaking Sachi.

I think a lot of people are off with the last few pages. I bet Hiro knows for a long time that Nagi likes Erika and that was also the bullshit reason she way okay with the partner change. She wants Nagi to fess up or reject her, simple as that. But the one that keeps both of them in the limbo is Nagi currently, not Hiro.
Old 2022-06-16, 09:46   Link #45
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
I think a lot of people are off with the last few pages. I bet Hiro knows for a long time that Nagi likes Erika and that was also the bullshit reason she way okay with the partner change. She wants Nagi to fess up or reject her, simple as that. But the one that keeps both of them in the limbo is Nagi currently, not Hiro.
Even if that is the case, I don't agree with your blame game at all.

A relationship goes both ways, and it's both of their responsibilities to be authentic with one another. That is simple.
If Nagi can't fess up on her end that she is just as complicit as Hiro for being kept in this limbo.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-16, 16:54   Link #46
WingedAccelerator

Nagi needs to change. Period. To do that, he needs to put two and two together on hiw own, form his own opinion. He is clearly incapable of doing that and just goes along with the girls and their flow.

I sincerely don't see any problem with what Hiro is doing. Getting reactions out from the other was something both of them did at some point. However, Nagi confessed not too long ago to someone else. Who is he to Hiro now that he can't handle the thought of Hiro dating someone else or Hiro's fiancÚ to be revealed as a better guy than him? It shouldn't concern him, but it does. Where are the big words from the previous arcs, the promises, eloping with Hiro now that he confessed to Erika, but can't let go of Hiro? Yet, when he gets what he supposedly desired for a long time, he is a pussy about comitting to Hiro and gets called out on this.

I never ever going to look at Nagi as a victim or as someone who needs pity for good reasons.
Old 2022-06-17, 03:14   Link #47
Lex79

Nagi was willing to commit to Segawa since the beginning, he even confessed to her. She took her time to give him a positive answer due to her reasons (assuming she was serious when talked about dating and not just teasing him) and now has to deal with the consequences, namely that the boy who was head over heels for her now has developed feelings for another girl.

Now the question is how Nagi is going to handle the situation. He has made his feelings clear to both girls but he has still to address the issue that he has to choose one. A simple "I like you, but I also have feelings for her, and I need time to find who I truly love" would be sufficient for now. Of course,the above reasoning applies to him too, if the girls decide they won't wait for him he has to accept their choice.
Old 2022-06-17, 04:12   Link #48
WingedAccelerator

What consequences? This is bullshit. Nagi and Erika got locked inside a hotel room and nothing meaningful came out of it, in fact, both of them agreed that they are practically strangers living different lifestyles and they have nothing in common outside of the fiancÚ thing. Close to 90 chapters in the manga.

Followed by a great Hiro family arc, then Sachi used as the cockblocker of the arc or the general cockblocker again. Followed by the M-1, where both agreed to break the tradition and marry anyways, fuck these urban legends.

All it took Nagi to switch is hearing that Erika likes him, which was an eavesdrop moment. That's it. So again, what kind of consequences? Did perhaps both of them ignored each other for months, giving each other the cold shoulder for Erika to just swoop in? No. It came out of nowhere just for main heroine wank.

Miki is a terrible writer, Nagi is a terrible protagonist, and sometimes I even think of Kanojo, Okarishimasu in a higher regard among all the pile of dirt.
Old 2022-06-17, 06:08   Link #49
Lex79

You mean the same hotel arc where Ai already sensed what was happening and was in damage control claiming it was familial love between Erika and Nagi and ended with the two promise that they'll absolutely see each other again after being separated. Them having different backgrounds and lifestyles has nothing to do with how much they care for each other.
Nagi didn't instantly fell in love with Erika after eavesdropping her, he developed feelings for her during the course of the manga and then realized they are romantic in nature.
If you think that this is terrible and even worse than Kanojo okarishimasu than I can only say that our tastes are more different than I thought because for me this is a quite nice series.
Old 2022-06-17, 06:20   Link #50
WingedAccelerator

Both of them agreed with what Ai was saying. Nagi even said that Erika only noticed it "now". And that promise is ultra dramatic for no reason. Was there a giant separation? No. Erika is nothing more than a main heroine collecting flags without actual care about romance development with the protagonist. Case in point how both of them having feelings for each other got revealed, presented, and handled. Anticlimactic as heck.

Kanojo, Okarishimasu is predictable trash. Nothing changes, so you can just enjoy your weekly trash and rant. While Kakkou pulls unpredictable and illogical character behavior from Miki's ass arc by arc. Both of them are trash, that was what I'm saying, but since I got accustomed to how the former is doing things, I tolerate it more than how I tolerate the utter nonsense Kakkou pulls.
Old 2022-06-17, 07:37   Link #51
Lex79

I mean, it's quite clear by reading the manga that being strangers is not the kind of relationship between Nagi and Erika, even if the characters aren't aware and say otherwise.
Old 2022-06-17, 16:40   Link #52
WingedAccelerator

If that's the answer they accept after 90 chapters, then my point is still more than solid that the confession to Erika came from nowhere. Certainly not because there was no recent promising Hiro action or lot of passiveness from both parties where Nagi had enough. Heck, from Erika's side, one minute she is winging Sachi about that kiss or completely nonchalant in general, the other minute she also kisses Nagi and confesses over the phone.

Neglecting proper buildup and just jumping to main events to surprise your readers is not good writing. From 0 to 100 in few chapters when the previous 100+ was not enough to scatter it around.
Old 2022-06-17, 20:30   Link #53
stray
Classic Tsundere

Quote:
Kanojo, Okarishimasu is predictable trash. Nothing changes, so you can just enjoy your weekly trash and rant. While Kakkou pulls unpredictable and illogical character behavior from Miki's ass arc by arc. Both of them are trash, that was what I'm saying, but since I got accustomed to how the former is doing things, I tolerate it more than how I tolerate the utter nonsense Kakkou pulls.
I dunno I like the nonsense overall. In fairness I took 6 or so months off from reading Kakkou so I'm a bit rejuvenated. Sometimes you've just got to throw things into the fire pit to see what burns. Kanokari is more like watching a dumpster fire just kind of smolder and hoping it goes out... someday.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-18, 00:27   Link #54
Lex79

Quote:
If that's the answer they accept after 90 chapters, then my point is still more than solid that the confession to Erika came from nowhere. Certainly not because there was no recent promising Hiro action or lot of passiveness from both parties where Nagi had enough. Heck, from Erika's side, one minute she is winging Sachi about that kiss or completely nonchalant in general, the other minute she also kisses Nagi and confesses over the phone.

Neglecting proper buildup and just jumping to main events to surprise your readers is not good writing. From 0 to 100 in few chapters when the previous 100+ was not enough to scatter it around.
The answer they accepted is that they are close and they don't want to be separated. Actions speak louder than words, and they don't act like strangers at all (even if it was overly dramatic, but it can be easily said that the part about being strangers was also exaggerated).
Also, and now I see where you might have misunderstood me, I absolutely am not saying that Nagi is fed up with Segawa because of her attitude. When I talk about consequences of her actions, I simply mean that she was slow in accepting Nagi's confession and that gave time for Erika to catch up.
Old 2022-06-18, 09:27   Link #55
WingedAccelerator

Erika can only catch up if Hiro loses her pace. But that didn't happen. In fact, again the Hiro family arc and the M-1 preparation were both great Hiro moments. There is nothing to misunderstand in Hiro asking Nagi if he wants to marry her and Nagi replying that he does. All while the last relationship update with Erika is "strangers" after 90 chapters even if it's not true.

So somehow Erika not only caught up to Hiro, she overtook Hiro while nothing detrimental happened between Nagi and Hiro and nothing major happened between Nagi and Erika. Because I didn't see a single soul raising their hand that the manga is totally going to have a mutual confession between Erika and Nagi in a span of few chapters after Chapter 104.

If Hiro were a total bitch or queen of passiveness with no good romantic moments whatsoever between her and Nagi, I would understand the thought process. But this is basically the equivalent of Chitoge popping into Raku's head without buildup and Raku still prefering Onodera with a major resolve 10-15 chapters prior.
Old 2022-06-18, 10:26   Link #56
Lex79

Look, you keep focusing on the "strangers" thing (no pun intended) ignoring how close Nagi and Erika actually are. It's kinda like seeing a tsundere say that she hates the protagonist, and then complaining about bad writing when she shows her dere side.
I don't know what you'd consider a well written buildup for the Nagi and Erika romance, but the hints of a potential attraction between the two are present since the first chapter.
Anyway, Segawa had her window whenever could have won with just saying a word. Now she has to face the competition.
Old 2022-06-18, 17:05   Link #57
WingedAccelerator

Miki had the opportunity to truly show that things are developing between the two. She ruined the chance and now the problem is supposedly with me, pointing out the absolute ridiculousness of how the two asspulls romantic feelings for each other from thin air? Not blushing, not slight infatuation, but actual, romantic feelings after their relationship was a complete joke and they couldn't say anything to disagree with the statement, not even the slightest counter or that they are friends. I'm done.

Why do you ignore anyways the point about Chapter 104? Give me a logical explanation how Nagi could go from there to confess to Erika instead, without Nagi appearing as a piece of shit. It's impossible for me. And I still fail to see how Hiro made a mistake here or was leading him on all the time.
Old 2022-06-19, 01:28   Link #58
Lex79

The explanation is simple: he fell in love with two girls. He's not into a relationship so he's not cheating on anyone, although I'm aware that having feelings for multiple people might be seen as bad in itself. As I said in a previous post, I think the situation has yet to be properly addressed and I'm waiting to see how Nagi is going to handle it.
Old 2022-06-19, 04:15   Link #59
WingedAccelerator

For the sake of preserving the slightest positivity I can muster for the manga, I hope Miki doesn't pull this shit. Reminder that when Raku pulled this in Nisekoi, Chitoge fled to another CONTINENT over half of the information without any notice, kept running away without talking things out and won through sheer pity, meta reasons and another drama queen performance which all she had. It was straight up disgusting. No woman with dignity should consider dating the protagonist if he thinks he can get away with saying he loves multiple girls. That's a red flag and obvious last ditch effort padding and keeping the competition in game when still only one girl will win.
Old 2022-06-19, 06:05   Link #60
Lex79

Ah, Nisekoi. I was so happy when best girl won and worst girl lost. Anyway, in this series the characters are much more open with their feelings so stupid misunderstandings and drama shouldn't happen.

Tags
harem