AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-06-19, 07:49   Link #61
WingedAccelerator

Chitoge was the only girl that existed in the oneshot. What a coincidence that Onodera also got cockblocked from a confession 8 times in the story with asspull change of feelings from Raku's part. No wonder Komi got no serialization ever since. The perfect example of the disgusting main heroine bias.

Since I brought it up, Erika and Sachi existed only in the oneshot. But regardless, as if Miki is straight up copying Nisekoi in several points, but this never had the potential in the first place. It's just dumb. I repeat what I have said in the anime thread. If Erika wins, the only thing they can say is that it was consensual and they wanted to marry because of their feelings and not because their parents wanted it. That's the manga, Chapter 1 made it a done deal, but supposedly the journey what it matters which is shit. Also, the parents should be just arrested on the spot.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-19, 09:13   Link #62
Lex79

Main girl bias is not a problem for me. I read these stories being aware that most of the times I'll be able to tell who is going to win from the first chapter and the story will accommodate her victory. If I like the main heroine, it's even a positive. Of course if it turns out I hate the heroine I'll probably drop the series.

The good thing about this manga is that so far I like all the characters so I'm fine with any of the heroines winning.
Old 2022-06-19, 09:37   Link #63
stray
Classic Tsundere

Erica seems like she might change sides if we ever find their brother... and Sachi is still my dark horse. I don't expect much from harems to begin with and there's not always a winner either.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-20, 17:46   Link #64
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Erica seems like she might change sides if we ever find their brother... and Sachi is still my dark horse. I don't expect much from harems to begin with and there's not always a winner either.
Even when there is a winner, the other girls often don't give up. Good examples being Rosario+Vampire and To Love-Ru: That protagonist says who he picks and most of the girls say screw you, we're not letting this go.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-21, 15:01   Link #65
Lex79

I'm...more confused. Are Nagi and Erika putting on hold their confession because she wants to take things reaaaaaaally slow like her parents?

Last edited by Lex79; 2022-06-21 at 23:46.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-21, 16:27   Link #66
Chosen_Hero

Is the mangaka trying to make Nagi the worst most indecisive MC ever on purpose? I have never seen a character flip flop as hard as this dude and that's saying something.

He's turning out to be as bad as Fuutarou got at the end of Go Toubun, but at least Fuutarou has the excuse that the mangaka forced and retcon him and the story into a lane.

This one doesn't even know what lane it's trying to drive on, while at the same time trying to drive on all of them, without knowing how to drive in the first place... so he wants to date Segawa, but he also wants to marry Erika, while also wondering about Sachi and what's her face idol?

This is just wishy washy bullshit at this point, mangaka need to learn that you either focus just on the love with the one girl from the beginning and work that to it's conclusion or you go full proper harem ending, the only acceptable inbetween that ever seems to work is to take the Amagami SS omnibus route and show each of the girls route as their own contained stories, anything else ends up being a painful slog through unnecessary drama or wishywashy bullshit that ends up ruining the characters the longer it goes on for.

I'm just going to stop following this for a while and wait until there's some actual coherence to the story (if there ever is), but mainly because I am just not enjoying these characters, not one of them.
Old 2022-06-21, 20:43   Link #67
stray
Classic Tsundere

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Even when there is a winner, the other girls often don't give up. Good examples being Rosario+Vampire and To Love-Ru: That protagonist says who he picks and most of the girls say screw you, we're not letting this go.
But stuff like To Love-ru is designed to never end conclusively, just in case the author wants to pump out a few more volumes or another anime series. Its not uncommon for harems to have open endings.

That aside, I'm not sure how Hiro can possibly say yes here. At best I'm hoping she actually starts figuring out her own engagement, and we finally meet her fiancÚ soon... unless it IS somehow Shion which would be really weird at this point.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-22, 04:32   Link #68
WingedAccelerator

When a proper buildup pays off.

Except the previous asspull Erika moment taints it real hard. Who am I kidding? Nagi is a piece of shit for real with clear case of dementia.

Unless the way the previous Erika part is meant to be taken is that they really started anew and ignored everything. Nagi there said "might" as having the same feelings, then Erika was moved how slow was the romance of their parents and Nagi noted she wants that kind of stuff. Even with this, it's just awful.

Hiro probably lost with this, whatever comes next. Miki is not about breaking protagonist couples, but I can't see them surviving for long against the main heroine.
Old 2022-06-22, 15:32   Link #69
bastek66

I don't understand what is Yoshikawa doing with this manga. Did she forget what her characters did few chapters ago or what?
Old 2022-07-01, 00:09   Link #70
AndrewR5D4

Is Nagi the most indecisive person in the world, or what? It was obvious Hiro was his favorite to begin with, but it seems wrong to tell Erika you like her when things aren't going so well with Hiro, only to swing back as soon as it looks like his chances are improving.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-01, 03:05   Link #71
WingedAccelerator

It came from nowhere in the first place, after a really good Hiro development. That was the main topic of this thread for a while. Hiro, Hiro, Hiro --> Switch to Erika for no reason, ignoring the Hiro development. --> Switch back to Hiro ignoring the Erika development.

Don't you just love how Sachi now straight up lies and said Nagi kissed Erika and not the other way around? Hiro is obviously the victim of bad writing, so I'm not even that mad that she pulls the test scores hurdle to prevent dating. But Sachi is fucking annoying once again with her constant bitching and cockblock scheming. Oh, and Ai exists, I guess.

Last edited by WingedAccelerator; 2022-07-01 at 06:01.
Old 2022-07-02, 05:07   Link #72
Chosen_Hero

Segawa development:

Nagi puts in a ton of (useless) effort to impress Segawa -> Either Nagi or Segawa declares they'll win on the next exams -> Nagi either defeats Segawa or doesn't -> Segawa rejects it and/or makes some excuse why she can't -> Segawa tells him to do better next time -> Nagi gets close to a girl -> Segawa gets jealous and goes on a "date" of some kind with Nagi -> Segawa tells or hints at him to do better than her next time in the exams if he really likes her -> Nagi puts in a ton of (useless) effort to impress Segawa -> Either Nagi or Segawa declares they'll win on the next exams -> Nagi either defeats Segawa or doesn't -> Segawa rejects it and/or makes some excuse why she can't -> Segawa tells him to do better next time -> Nagi gets close to a girl -> Segawa gets jealous and goes on a "date" of some kind with Nagi -> Segawa tells or hints at him to do better than her next time in the exams if he really likes her -> Nagi puts on a ton of (useless) effort to impress Segawa -> etc -> etc -> etc ad nauseum.

Segawa is the status quo personified.

I took a peak at the comments in the new chapter to get a sense for the latest chapter and saw everyone praising Sachi, so I skimmed the chapter and this is probably the first time I have liked her and have been happy for her existence, meanwhile Nagi just proves that he is scum... so nothing new there.
Old 2022-07-02, 06:14   Link #73
WingedAccelerator

Not sure where you got that "everyone".
I went to reddit, searched for Sachi in the chapter comments. I found only a single reply that said Sachi and Erika are better characters than Hiro. Rest of the posts about Sachi were not praising her. Just for curiosity, I also went to MAL. No Sachi praise there. Then finally in the subreddit, I found some Sachi praise, but "everyone"? LOL no. Huge reach there, buddy.

Interpreting logic in this manga is futile. Erika kissed Nagi? Sachi tells everyone, knowing full well they will make a big deal about it and will try to undermine it. She does it as well. Now, it's Nagi who kissed Erika according to her, so Nagi is a scum for going for someone else. And surprise, surprise, she once again tries to manipulate the others to go against the girl with momentum. If Nagi is a scum, Sachi is trash. Always was. Last but not least, Hiro even tutored Sachi, and Sachi just continues to be an ungrateful bitch to Hiro behind her back.
Old 2022-07-03, 01:05   Link #74
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Not sure where you got that "everyone".
I went to reddit, searched for Sachi in the chapter comments. I found only a single reply that said Sachi and Erika are better characters than Hiro. Rest of the posts about Sachi were not praising her. Just for curiosity, I also went to MAL. No Sachi praise there. Then finally in the subreddit, I found some Sachi praise, but "everyone"? LOL no. Huge reach there, buddy.

Interpreting logic in this manga is futile. Erika kissed Nagi? Sachi tells everyone, knowing full well they will make a big deal about it and will try to undermine it. She does it as well. Now, it's Nagi who kissed Erika according to her, so Nagi is a scum for going for someone else. And surprise, surprise, she once again tries to manipulate the others to go against the girl with momentum. If Nagi is a scum, Sachi is trash. Always was. Last but not least, Hiro even tutored Sachi, and Sachi just continues to be an ungrateful bitch to Hiro behind her back.
Your first mistake is assuming that you and I frequent the same sites outside of this one.

Your second mistake is going to reddit, the biggest amalgamation of internet echo chambers, when it comes to anime you only go there to have your own opinions validated by the echo chamber and to silence anyone that has a different opinion no matter how logical there argument (learned that the hard way during the Go-toubun disaster when I saw what happened to people who dared to criticize the choice and bring up similar critiques to those shared on this site).

You are reading way too deep into her saying that Nagi kissed Erika, they kissed, Erika started it but the kissed happened and he let it happen and was even happy about it, she's mainly mad that Nagi made a big deal about it and confessed to Erika only to do a 180 and forget about it the second Segawa looked his way.

You seem to have conveniently forgotten the very recent chapter where all of the girls were manipulating Erika into believing the kiss didn't mean anything, even Segawa herself did it... which is funny considering that Erika didn't do the same to Segawa and has been trying to give Nagi and her opportunities to be together instead... so by your own logic Segawa is also trash alongside Sachi while also being an ungrateful bitch to Erika.

Beside, Sachi is free to not like Segawa and Nagi being together (she's clearly ok with Segawa herself), she doesn't own Segawa anything, even if she did tutor her which Segawa did of her own accord.
Old 2022-07-03, 03:51   Link #75
WingedAccelerator

You still didn't give a single amount of example where you got that "everyone". The regular /r Kakkou chapter comments and the subreddit comments pose some difference, so at least there is that.

It's crucial interpreting Sachi's words. Erika making moves on Nagi doesn't make Nagi automatically a scumbag. But her wording now implies Nagi is playing with Erika and just moved to Hiro after HE kissed Erika, meaning he initiated a change in their relationship. Yes, Sachi has said valid points there, but also changes stuff to make Nagi appear worse in her tantrum, because onii-chan finally has the chance to settle with his crush.

I didn't conveniently forgot that. It's literally there. It was even labeled as a character assassination chapter in reddit. In similar fashion, Erika was the only cool one in the recent chapter till Sachi got to her. Can't make the main heroine look bad than the competition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Interpreting logic in this manga is futile. Erika kissed Nagi? Sachi tells everyone, knowing full well THEY will make a big deal about it and will try to undermine it. She does it as well. Now, it's Nagi who kissed Erika according to her, so Nagi is a scum for going for someone else. And surprise, surprise, she once again tries to manipulate the others to go against the girl with momentum. If Nagi is a scum, Sachi is trash. Always was. Last but not least, Hiro even tutored Sachi, and Sachi just continues to be an ungrateful bitch to Hiro behind her back.
It's Nagi's decision and there is not a single amount of thing that makes Sachi appreciated in plotting a resistance. Either she is not cool for anyone taking Nagi, or she accepts that she has no say in the matter. But picking favorites just makes her an annoying plot device and regular cockblocker.
Old 2022-07-06, 15:05   Link #76
Lex79

Well Ai was my least favorite girl but she gained a fair amount of points this week.
Old 2022-07-07, 11:46   Link #77
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I gotta give y'all props for sticking with this one all the way. I haven't dropped it yet, but I shelved it a year ago (stopped at chapter 71 to be exact) and haven't picked it up since. I'm considering dropping it, but I'm kinda hoping it gets better.

Of Miki Yoshikawa's works, I enjoyed Yankee-kun and Yamada-kun for the most part, but this one has been pretty hit or miss (mostly miss) with me. Story just feels so contrived and the characters are just plain terrible at times... Makes it a slog to read through.

Y'know it's bad when I have no motivation whatsoever to even watch the anime adaptation.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-08, 01:59   Link #78
WingedAccelerator

Well, I expect nothing good coming out of the current developments, so I may as well also drop it. But I will wait till the end of the "arc".

Sachi is once again annoying. Do your own crusade, woman, stop using the others to stir shit up. She is so sisterzoned even after all these chapters that's it's kind of sad Miki can't do anything remotely good with her.

I didn't hate Ai, she is just irrelevant like the cursed 4th or 5th late addition love interests. I call bullshit about her confession though. That WAS a confession, why are they pretending it wasn't or she didn't confess? Nagi called it a confession, Nagi went to brag to Hiro that a girl confessed to him. Now it's not, but if it were a confession, he would have dated Ai? Get the fuck out of here, manwhore. What's the point in having feelings for Hiro from the beginning of the manga, even have the backstory chapter for how it started, but admitting that a confession from someone else is all it takes to date them? Hilarious and Miki is so gona abuse the "timing" of love, it's not even funny.

Erika aiming for 1st place in the tests? Asspull if it happens. I expect Hiro's fiancÚ and/or the mystery brother to be the cockblockers at the end of the arc, maybe they are the same person. At least I hope something tangible comes out of these recent chapters.
Old 2022-07-08, 14:10   Link #79

>introduced with having a thing for hiro
>questions how he would feel if him and erika truly came to like each other to show us she is the eventual winner
>falls over when ai tells him she loves him
>doesn't want sachi to go on a date
>tells hiro that he wants to marry her
>overhears erika confess to loving him so he decides to confess
>readers now think this is setting up for nagi and erika endgame
>freaks out when hiro might possibly have a fiance
>tell her he wants to go out with her
>tells ai he would have gone out with her first if she confessed first which she basically did

what the fuck is going? is miki a schizo? shes making nagi look so shallow.
1001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-08, 18:40   Link #80
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Damn. Are things really that bad in the manga right now? Can nobody write a half-decent harem romcom anymore?

At least I knew this one was kinda trashy from the get-go, so I didn't feel too strongly about it, but Negi really messed me up with Go-Toubun tho. Made me develop trust issues and shit. lmao
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem