AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-02-10, 13:07   Link #21
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Youko's face looks a bit off... other than that, gave a nice sense of the original manga...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-10, 13:15   Link #22
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
The trailer looks good... so are y'all willing to forgive that it's LIDENFILMs, i.e. the ones responsible for the 2016/2017 terrible BERSERK films?
Berserk was mainly done by Millepensee (who had the same animation issues in their other full-length productions like Cop Craft or Kumo Desu ga), Liden Flms just collaborated.

Also, apparently 24 eps annunced.
__________________
F/GO: 828 004 124
My Anime list
My VN list

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2022-02-11 at 06:34.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-11, 03:17   Link #23
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Within The Shadows of Darkness
Age: 40
I'm not sure how much of the manga they will adapt into the 24 eps. But if I can at least get to see Uriel then I'll be super happy.
__________________
Shadow Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-23, 11:15   Link #24
Stark700
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth
June 30th premiere

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...x-on-june-30th
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/Kze54WA.png border=0 alt= />
Stark700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 06:12   Link #25
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I still have a lot of doubt coz this is by Liden Films but the trailer is not half bad. I really hope this Bastard anime has a good production team within Liden.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 23:36   Link #26
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I still have a lot of doubt coz this is by Liden Films but the trailer is not half bad. I really hope this Bastard anime has a good production team within Liden.
This looks old school in a really fun way .
__________________
Frontier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-30, 16:13   Link #27
frubam
simp for Lyria
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: on the Grandcypher
Age: 39
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Five episodes in. Pretty fun show. Love the 'tit'talizing bits; it has enough tease to make the more erotic situations great, but nothing on porn level. The commentary from the fodder is absolutely hilarious ; probably the best thing in the show so far! Even though it looks serious, they have a lot of little comical/silly moments without it being slapstick. As someone unfamiliar with the franchise, it was pretty entertaining.
__________________
Pure of heart, precious as life (^,^ )


frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-30, 21:12   Link #28
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Wow, that intro. It out right spill out this is post apocalypse.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-01, 00:06   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoiler for ep1:
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-01, 16:59   Link #30
ssvb
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
This is what I dislike about Netflix. Suddenly a bunch of episodes materialize at once and everyone is overwhelmed marathoning them. No discussions after each individual episode. And Netflix even doesn't have any place of their own to discuss the shows they are hosting.

The old Bastard was the first anime that I watched. And I remember that I wasn't happy about it just abruptly ending for no good reason. Now it's time to watch the complete thing.
ssvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-01, 19:02   Link #31
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssvb View Post
This is what I dislike about Netflix. Suddenly a bunch of episodes materialize at once and everyone is overwhelmed marathoning them.
Yup, that's why I avoid their anime. Probably won't even finish watching this one.
Good ol' Netflix.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 12:27   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Done watching all season 1 of Bastard!!. And I like it very much. It's pretty faithful to the original manga (for better or worse) with some updates & re-arrangment. The visual is mostly pleasing to the eyes () even though the animation might not be super-duper-fantastic level. I also like a lot of the humor especially the 4th-wall-breaking ones like characters screaming "This is a shonen manga godammit!!!" whenever a scene becomes too "spicy" for its own good 😏.

The voice acting was superb, especially for Dark Schneider. The seiyuu really embodies him to a T. And other characters were also voiced really really well like Gara & Nei.

The soundtrack fits snugly with the show. And the OP & ED are ones that I never skip.

All in all, it's a fun 80s throwback ride. I can't wait for season 2 which they're already working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yup, that's why I avoid their anime. Probably won't even finish watching this one.
Good ol' Netflix.
Why do you avoid (good) titles just because of how they are released & how much they (don't) generate discussion?

Me? I couldn't care less even if an anime show is being ignored by every soul in the world. If I see a show that interests me, I just go and watch it. I won't let "trend" or social media dictate my entertainment.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 13:17   Link #33
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

Why do you avoid (good) titles just because of how they are released & how much they (don't) generate discussion?

Me? I couldn't care less even if an anime show is being ignored by every soul in the world. If I see a show that interests me, I just go and watch it. I won't let "trend" or social media dictate my entertainment.
Yeah, but there are plenty of series that are borderline. On their own, sorta interesting, but not really. But the discussions take it over the edge into a series to watch.

There are way more series like that than when I was younger, for some reason.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 14:39   Link #34
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, but there are plenty of series that are borderline. On their own, sorta interesting, but not really. But the discussions take it over the edge into a series to watch.
But there's a big difference between "Discussion encourage me to check out (insert title)" and "I'll go out of my way to avoid anime titles released by (insert medium) just because I hate how they release them".

For example, recently I came across an old anime title called Silent Möbius (the 2 movies) by chance. I saw the poster, read the synopsis & watched the trailer. I was interested and the moment I had free time, I simply watched the damn thing. It was a neat & fun watch and I'm grateful for the experience. No discussion, recommendation or social media needed. Call it impulse or instinct but I'm glad I can do it my way.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 14:50   Link #35
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Why do you avoid (good) titles just because of how they are released & how much they (don't) generate discussion?

Me? I couldn't care less even if an anime show is being ignored by every soul in the world. If I see a show that interests me, I just go and watch it. I won't let "trend" or social media dictate my entertainment.
I personally don't give a crap about the lack or not of discussion, I like the one-a-week format of actual anime, you have a schedule of what to watch each day.
If you say "Well, here is 12 episodes all at once, feel free to watch it whenever", then I don't find it worth the effort to have to remember this anime. Especially in this age, when the anime industry has decided to pursue quantity over anything else, there are already way too many anime to choose from. I can watch it whenever... which will be next week... or next week... until oops, I've forgot it
How do I know this anime is gonna be good? Orphens sucked, and that was a reboot of an old manga too.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 15:03   Link #36
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I personally don't give a crap about the lack or not of discussion, I like the one-a-week format of actual anime, you have a schedule of what to watch each day.
If you say "Well, here is 12 episodes all at once, feel free to watch it whenever", then I don't find it worth the effort to have to remember this anime. Especially in this age, when the anime industry has decided to pursue quantity over anything else, there are already way too many anime to choose from. I can watch it whenever... which will be next week... or next week... until oops, I've forgot it
How do I know this anime is gonna be good? Orphens sucked, and that was a reboot of an old manga too.
I mean, you can always treat Netflix anime like a backlog of older shows. If the trailer interest you enough, put it on your list to revisit later on when you're in the mood. Problem solved IMO. You don't need to actively avoid them.

As for "How do I know that the Netflix title that interest me will be good?" well... if you want to experience it fresh, you take a chance. Just like how you do with current weekly shows. I mean, nobody expected that Promised Neverland season 2 would be that bad after such promising season 1, right? Everything has its risk.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 15:22   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I mean, you can always treat Netflix anime like a backlog of older shows. If the trailer interest you enough, put it on your list to revisit later on when you're in the mood. Problem solved IMO. You don't need to actively avoid them.

As for "How do I know that the Netflix title that interest me will be good?" well... if you want to experience it fresh, you take a chance. Just like how you do with current weekly shows. I mean, nobody expected that Promised Neverland season 2 would be that bad after such promising season 1, right? Everything has its risk.
Exactly. It will be in my backlog. Forever, probably. That's why I said "probably" in the first place.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 23:24   Link #38
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Exactly. It will be in my backlog. Forever, probably. That's why I said "probably" in the first place.
You never go back to watch older anime? There's a difference between "putting off backlog" and "actively avoiding titles" though.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-03, 01:10   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You never go back to watch older anime? There's a difference between "putting off backlog" and "actively avoiding titles" though.
Not these days. With real life as well as how many new anime there are each season, I have my hands full enough that I don't really go back on older anime. Watched all the good ones when I was younger and had more free time, and I generally watch a lot of anime each season already so I don't have to go back on any later.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-03, 17:51   Link #40
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
I don’t like the binge routine either, but there are Netflix shows I’m simply not going to skip. The way I’ve found to make it work for me - and my blogging schedule - is to figure out when I have a gap in my schedule and watch an ep or two of the Netflix show at that same time every week.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.