3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-07-29, 07:08   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Attack on Titan - Episode 39 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Attack on Titan, Episode 39.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-29, 15:44   Link #2
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

For everyone who thought everything was lost with the new opening, rejoice to know that Linked Horizon performs the ending song for this season's cour, and, oh boy, it is such a beautiful masterpiece to listen to.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-29, 16:41   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yep, the ED is great.

The episode was pretty amazing overall. The animation was top notch, and the story progressed quite a bit, with two massive reveals. Nice character development for Armin as well.
Old 2018-07-29, 16:50   Link #4
Nivek von Beldo

The ED is veryNice.

We're in full Attack on Human Mode, Armin traumas showed that and nice plot twist with Historia.

The battle animations were so beautiful, this season will be amazing.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-29, 17:57   Link #5
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The fights are so good that I find it weird that Wit made the anime of Seraph of the End. There were some cool movements whenever Levi fought Kenny. Still, I think one scene from the manga was removed. Next episode will focus on Historia apparently.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-29, 19:51   Link #6
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Lmao, @monir still in this piece huh! ha!

Well I won't say much more than what anyone would say... Levi Jeans Genes are the one I want to put on...

The split-second after-image as Kenny's boys were dumping on him ; the flash-forward, spiraling, grappling-cord that lightning strikes him toward the bar ()... The body count via just the grappling hook deployment... unreal man...

Minus the Titans, the interplay within the walls is just as exciting...And did I hear Levi Ackerman? I can't remember if this was revealed already... I met it with a shrug instead of the mind-numbing awe I should have, huh?

In any case this was the over-the-counter medicine we were waiting for...Certainly makes you forget about the horrid OP song...End theme ok, but last season's end was one of the best I've ever seen in anime history (for me), so it'll take a lot to ever challenge that holy experience...

In summation, I was the dude too in awe to eat my fork-sausage today...
Old 2018-07-30, 01:18   Link #7
Friday
Im shy too...

ok

Levi / Kenny fight: brilliant!!!

torturing of 1 of the crooked MP: brilliant!!!

Spoiler for but....:
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 17:01   Link #8
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Holy hell that was amazing - That fight was a real thriller. I wish I could follow this convoluted plot though. There were like a ton of antagonists that I didn't recognise or couldn't understand where they'd come from.

Great character development for Armin though. That's twice in row the gang have taken a step back to mull over what's happening. It works pretty well for the characters and it's adding a lot of depth to them.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 17:48   Link #9
grecefar

It was good idea to make that guy say the writing to make the other feel despair, it was so easy in the end.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 19:24   Link #10
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Wasn't a scene from the manga removed it? I think it involved homophobia in regards to Armin's disguise
Old 2018-07-30, 19:54   Link #11
Applehell

Levi's Wild Ride was pretty awesome. Easily the single greatest action sequence this series has every had!

Loved the new ending too.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 19:55   Link #12
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Levi's Wild Ride was pretty awesome. Easily the single greatest action sequence this series has every had!

Loved the new ending too.
Really felt that Wit Studio were making a Wild West fight. Then again, I wonder if this fight took less effort to make since they are only making humans instead of Titans.
Old 2018-08-05, 07:12   Link #13
Tormenk

Yeah the new OP isn't awe-inspiring like the previous OPs but it does tie in nicely into what this arc and this episode is about. Armin's post-murder trauma explains the fragility of their humanity. Before they could be as righteous as they wanted against the Titans but now it's not so clear cut anymore when opposing other humans.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 07:22   Link #14
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Yeah the new OP isn't awe-inspiring like the previous OPs but it does tie in nicely into what this arc and this episode is about. Armin's post-murder trauma explains the fragility of their humanity. Before they could be as righteous as they wanted against the Titans but now it's not so clear cut anymore when opposing other humans.
That OP would be great for a coming of age story where the hardest thing that happens is being separated from a childhood sweetheart. And even then, they'll be reunited in college or something.

Armin shooting someone already exceeded what this OP can portray.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 21:50   Link #15
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Pain

I don't know what kept me the most flabbergasted.

1. Witnessing Levi sky-diving through Trost district in the most epic display of Itano circus stunts ever made for animation while cutting through Kennys' subordinates with all artillery loaded against him. Please, we need another of those animation, coreography stunts for Mikasa as well.

2. The intricate web of political manipulation and assassination that connects the Royalty, the Nobles, the Military Police, and Kenny Ackerman for their malicious plans regarding Eren and Historia.

3. Those pitiful but tormented torture scenes to show to the viewer how a man throwing himself on blind faith into an object or a king of veneration will lead said person to commit the most atrocious crimes for his beliefs and convictions.

4. The fact that Rod Reiss is the true King of the Walls, hence, making Historia a royal heir.

5. Kenny's assassination of Dimo Reeves making use of another epic but frightening piece of musical score my ears were delighted at listening to.

One thing for sure is that civil war has erupted, and nobody is either on the right or the wrong. Both reality and pragmatism have to be merged in order for our young, Scout recruits to graduate from childhood to adulthood if they need to survive the enemy side bent on wiping them all out.

Eren and Mikasa accomplished so six years ago, and now it was Armin's turn in order to save Jean's life.
Hesitation only leads to a premature death and critical decisions must be taken at the spur of the moment by pure instinct with no time for minding about the other party.

The world continues to go insane, and as a viewer may ask if all this apocalypse will pay for the Scouts at the end of their tribulations? or if all that blood spilt would be worth the effort by the Government in order to keep the peace inside the Walls tight shut?

What does the Reiss family has to do with anything outside of the Walls? and why the King of the Walls wants that peace not breached at all?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote