AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-02-12, 08:05   Link #41
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurhteranienains View Post
I don't want to travel through time. It'll mess everything up. Seriously. Anyone watched the girl who leapt through time?!
No....What's it about?<---had to add that because it wouldn't let me post due to the fact that it was too short.
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 14:26   Link #42
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
No....What's it about?<---had to add that because it wouldn't let me post due to the fact that it was too short.
Spoiler for TGWLTT:

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time works on the free will theory of future in the past. But I think more in terms of a story like "The Dandelion Girl", where everything in the past that you go to is fated to happen, and has already happened.
Old 2008-02-12, 17:39   Link #43
DetectiveA

Send a message via MSN to DetectiveA
Humans are never going to accomplish this thing called time travel. The theory of time travel is as imaginary as the reality of time itself. When you talk about wormholes and black holes your talking about things people only have theories of. You cannot bring the dead back to life, that is what people try to accomplish with time travel.
The Past
Is only whats in your memories.. If you and big IF, by some magical event happen to travel through time to the past, you would only be able to see what you remember. How could you in the past go to a place you never seen before and for it to present?

but no matter how much you talk about this subject, in the end is pointless because it does not move FORWARD.
DetectiveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 17:51   Link #44
Tripfag
/co/ is superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Grandfather paradox at work. If you go back in time and kill your grandfather so that you were never born and then go back to your time, you'd never be born so you couldn't have gone back in time to kill your grandfather, can you?

And if it just creates an alternate timeline, then WTF is the point? Not like yours changes.
I hate this statement so damn much.

It's impossible. If you went back in time you couldn't kill your ancestors. It's that simple. It would interfere with the Causality Law.

Learn Physics, kids.
Tripfag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 09:26   Link #45
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveA View Post
Humans are never going to accomplish this thing called time travel. The theory of time travel is as imaginary as the reality of time itself. When you talk about wormholes and black holes your talking about things people only have theories of. You cannot bring the dead back to life, that is what people try to accomplish with time travel.
The Past
Is only whats in your memories.. If you and big IF, by some magical event happen to travel through time to the past, you would only be able to see what you remember. How could you in the past go to a place you never seen before and for it to present?

but no matter how much you talk about this subject, in the end is pointless because it does not move FORWARD.
They also said Man will never walk on moon....I think I've come to realize the things that people say will never happen happen and the things people say will happen, will never happen xD. (Just a joke..)
Old 2008-02-13, 15:48   Link #46
Jaden

If it's possible to travel through time with future technology, shouldn't we have been visited by people from the future by now?

Well, that's what I first thought after reading this thread. This insight seems like sufficient proof that people will never be traveling back in time.
Old 2008-02-13, 15:58   Link #47
Dxon
Inactive Member

I think it's possible.. If you just believe in yourself than you can do anything! xD
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 16:57   Link #48
Tripfag
/co/ is superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
If it's possible to travel through time with future technology, shouldn't we have been visited by people from the future by now?

Well, that's what I first thought after reading this thread. This insight seems like sufficient proof that people will never be traveling back in time.
It's not.

The amount of time it would take to create the technology to travel out of the Galaxy, much less travel through time, would take millions of years to develop. The idea that something from millions of years into the future would come to 2008 just to say hi and leave tons of proof of it's existence is bullshit.
Old 2008-02-13, 16:59   Link #49
Jaden

If you give a monkey a typewriter and infinite time it'll eventually write all of shakespeare's productions. Surely eventually someone would come to us and say hi if it were possible.
Old 2008-02-15, 09:38   Link #50
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Quote:

Well, I would think that if it does exsit people traveling back in time can't make them selves known, because they could change a massive amount of history if they did.
Old 2008-02-15, 10:51   Link #51
Tri-ring

Quote:
Well, I would think that if it does exsit people traveling back in time can't make them selves known, because they could change a massive amount of history if they did.
But if you sift through archeological artifacts you'll find alot of things that can't really be explained through common sense known as OPart or Out of Place ARTifacts.

Remains of human foot prints wearing sandles aside dinosaur foot prints.
A silver pot found within a vein of coal.
Remains of what can only be explained as a spark plug locked inside a rock formed over 200 million years ago.

Pretty hard to dismiss as freak natural occuring phenomenon if you ask me.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 14:49   Link #52
Gemstar
Banned

I don't think time travel is possible because time is a measurement not a medium. It's like saying Centimeter Travel- A Possibility of the Future or Temperature Travel- A Possibility of the Future
Gemstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 15:59   Link #53
Kristen
*Author

Quote:

It could be quite possible that people from the future have and always will be visiting us. It's just that those who hear of it choose to keep quiet, or are labeled as insane. And since in my opinion it is impossible for someone to change a past event because they were there in the past to begin with, we'd never notice any signifigant change.
Old 2008-02-15, 17:16   Link #54
Edgewalker
Nani ?

I find its more likely we will find a way to look backwards in time and see everything as if we were standing there, but not be able to interfere with anything because it has already happened. This is just based on the fact that we see things happen only as fast as light can go. Planet's 30 lightyears away appear as they did 30 years ago. There may be some way to manipulate light in order to reverse this and see a "hologram" of what happened in the past.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 17:21   Link #55
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
It could be quite possible that people from the future have and always will be visiting us. It's just that those who hear of it choose to keep quiet, or are labeled as insane. And since in my opinion it is impossible for someone to change a past event because they were there in the past to begin with, we'd never notice any signifigant change.
If it was possible for a human to travel backward in time, this would mean to change the universe around this human being (I will explain that later). So traveling backward is not ones own history but that of the universe around the person. If the person affects the fate of the universe, it does not have any effect on the person him/herself since for that person it is the future not the history.

I believe true timetravel backward in time is not possible, because I think of the universe as an infinitely complex system of state machines. The only way to make the universe around you travel backward in time, would require to find a way to navigate into a previous system global state by travelling forward and stimulating the system in a way, that it works backwards... which should be infinitely complicated, but for sake of the argument lets assume it was possible.
Old 2008-02-15, 18:12   Link #56
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Oye, Jinto --- there's a reason I abandoned this thread, but good luck with the monolith attempt

Edgewalker: you might find a sci-fi novel called "The Light of Other Days" an interesting read (just skim the soap opera dreck and slow down for the actual story parts). Written by AC Clarke and some idiot who thinks the underlying nifty story needed extra soapy spice.
Old 2008-02-16, 23:21   Link #57
Tripfag
/co/ is superior.

Quote:
For the love of God, you can't change the future.

Causality Law, people.
Old 2008-02-17, 00:24   Link #58
ApostleOfGod
^.^

You can't change future that's already Happened o_O. But since the future will never actually happen (there's always a future) it changes all the time once it becomes the present.

Also, there are 3 dimensions.

1st Dimension

2nd Dimension (2D)

3rd Dimension (3D)

4th Dimension = Time.

Time is endless, and it is it's own dimension. In our 3D world, we can't jump all over wherever we want in the 4D world.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 00:30   Link #59
guess

Is it possible to travel through time in the future? Of course we can! As long as we, as human beings, manage not to destroy ourselves with Nuke (or whatever weapon we come up with in the future) before this happens or use up all the resource on Earth before we can migrate to others planets.
Old 2008-02-17, 00:37   Link #60
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripfag View Post
For the love of God, you can't change the future.

Causality Law, people.
Sorry but, when you incorporate the multi-universe theory causality is thrown out of the window.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote