AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-10-27, 11:06   Link #4041
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
Assuming the fight goes uninterrupted (like that's likely)
It is Maria's turn to show them who is in charge. Maid power.
Old 2009-10-27, 11:15   Link #4042
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
It is Maria's turn to show them who is in charge. Maid power.
It seems that it won't happen. Something interesting came up in Hata's blog. It seems that Machina and Sister knows each other pretty well. In his blog, Sister warns Machina to beware Athena as she's beyond the level of monster.
Hata says that Athena vs Isumi is the battle of the people with highest offensive power in the whole series. He says that it's a rare battle scene in this series. As he and his assistants are not used to drawing battle scenes, they're having trouble. He says that there's no battle scenes planned for a while after Athena arc.

Just to let you know, I've been only reading spoilers for past three weeks, so I hardly have clear idea of what's going on now, and I'm not interested in reading the chapters until the arc is over. So... unless either this arc ends or something interesting comes up, I won't be back (to be truthful, I'm kind of busy at the moment)
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 12:24   Link #4043
Used Can

Hata also said he made a mistake with the Chinese characters for Isumi's technique.

He used "建御電神" which would roughly translate as: "Rise, great lightning god."
What he wanted to use was "建御雷神" which would be: "Rise, great thunder god."
Old 2009-10-27, 13:15   Link #4044
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

I get the feeling that he's just making shit up as he goes. Usually he'd just have to use material from other manga / anime / other sources, and make parodies...

But now...

It's sort of original. There might be parodies of some things in this arc as well, but, well.. at least I didn't notice any. Have you?

I wonder how it will end now that he has to think up stuff instead of just "borrowing" it from elsewhere.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 14:57   Link #4045
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
I get the feeling that he's just making shit up as he goes.
You mean the fighting scene? This has been planned from some months ago. I think most of the things he's done have been planned beforehand. I think he even said Athena was planned from the very beginning.

As for how the battle scene went, I think he does deserve some praise. He and his team have been doing a good job, in my opinion. I think he should only be cautious on how much complicated he makes the situation for Hayate and Co., because otherwise, it'll feel quite odd whenever they make their comeback. Regarding some possible end like Hayate's stone breaking, I think that'd be far too anticlimactic. It'd be a terrible way to end the battle in my opinion.

Personally, I think Hayate should be able to overcome this battle, sort things out with Athena, and have this whole deal solved. Then the plot can move wherever Hata wants it to move. One way or the other, I think all these issues should be settled now. As much as I've liked the plot, this issue has already been dragged for too long. I'd really like more plot, but I think this particular part of the story should be dealt with and finished in this arc.
Old 2009-10-27, 17:25   Link #4046
Rah

Didn't Hata say that Isumin' & Athena are the two most powerful characters in the manga? How do you expect a wounded Hayate to overcome what Isumin' couldn't? And against 1 arm at that!

I predict their defeat, but successful escape. It would be the right time for Nagi to learn about Hayate's past relationship, and Isumin's powers. And just when they're talking about it, Maria gets a flashback, or hears the voice of Midas by telepathy, hypnotizing her into stealing Hayate's gem. Obviously she does so at night when everyone is sleeping. The next morning when they wake up Maria is nowhere to be found, and Hayate realizes that the gem is also gone. They fear that she was kidnapped, and go searching for her. They find clues that she returned to Japan, so Nagi gets a fighter jet squadron, and everyone flies over to the rescue!

Only to realize later that she betrayed them.. huhuhu..

Buuuuutt....... probably not.

If Hata is following the legend, then perhaps Midas's daughter is really a statue, and perhaps Midas wants to undo what he did to her (turned her to gold). Or... he might fuck up the chronological order of events, and decide to later turn her into a statue (if she's not a new character).

Hmm...

~2 days till spoilers. Now I can't wait! I think that the next chapter is gonna be conclusive! If not, then the one after that.

Wonder who's right? How will it end?
Old 2009-10-27, 17:46   Link #4047
Used Can

Quote:
Didn't Hata say that Isumin' & Athena are the two most powerful characters in the manga? How do you expect a wounded Hayate to overcome what Isumin' couldn't? And against 1 arm at that!
He said they have the highest offensive power, that's it.

Quote:
I predict their defeat, but successful escape. It would be the right time for Nagi to learn about Hayate's past relationship, and Isumin's powers. And just when they're talking about it, Maria gets a flashback, or hears the voice of Midas by telepathy, hypnotizing her into stealing Hayate's gem. Obviously she does so at night when everyone is sleeping. The next morning when they wake up Maria is nowhere to be found, and Hayate realizes that the gem is also gone. They fear that she was kidnapped, and go searching for her. They find clues that she returned to Japan, so Nagi gets a fighter jet squadron, and everyone flies over to the rescue!
Hmm... in my opinion, that sounds like a terrible idea. Not only is that scenario dragging things even further, but it's even deviating from the original purpose of this battle.
Old 2009-10-27, 19:23   Link #4048
Rah

You agree, you disagree, yadda, yadda...

You create a fitting scenario for a change! Don't be a lazy bum, and think of something.

No less than 200 words. GO!
Old 2009-10-27, 20:50   Link #4049
Used Can

Meh... I don't really feel like it, and it's not really my thing. I just wanted to point out your scenario strayed too much from the point of this battler, and moreover, of this arc.

Usually, I'd say there could be other ways to bring Midas down, since there are many types of strength other than offensive power, but being the type of story this is, I wouldn't expect any of them to rely on battle tactics. Personally, I think there'll be a sudden power-up (well, this what I'd rather see, compared to something corny like Hayate telling Athena his feelings, and then Athena trying to gain control of herself after that - which is also another possibility).
Old 2009-10-27, 23:12   Link #4050
Rah

Damn, you're analytical.

*feels cold*

Brrrrrrr!

*shiver shiver shiver*

Ummm...

Right, well, umm...

Make something up already! You're no fun. No fun at all!

Okay, so, we need more color to the manga now (not literally). Hmmm...

Ah, I got it! Suddenly, out of nowhere Ayumu storms in by breaking down a huge wall with a tractor, wielding Hina like a broadsword, which in turn is wielding Miki as her weapon of choice (she likes it anyway, since she's being "used" by her), shouting on top of her lungs "LEEEEEEEERRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYY....!!!"; Hina is about to finish the battle cry, but Midas blasts them to orbit with a flick of a finger, but just then they're hit by Halley's comet and divert it's orbit to the Earth, riding it down the stratosphere while Hina jams "The Final Countdown" by using Miki as a guitar. Just as the chorus hit, Hina throws Miki like the Gae Bolg, piercing Midas! Upon contact.. a blinding flash, followed by Halley's comet impacting upon Athena's mansion! It goes through the earth shaping it like a doughnut, which later Homer eats. THE END!

*bows*

In b4 "Sugoi monogatari aniki" xD

Edit~

Apparently Machi's hair is the same color as Hayate's. Dunno bout his eye color. This is him, right?

Spoiler for Machiburgers:

Is it a coincidence? Perhaps he resembled Hayate when she found him? Hmmhmm...

Anyways, IMHO the color doesn't fit. Well, opinions change.. who knows..

Last edited by Rah; 2009-10-27 at 23:39.
Old 2009-10-27, 23:50   Link #4051
Used Can

Quote:
Make something up already! You're no fun. No fun at all!
I'm just lazy, honestly. Additionally, I don't think I'd be able to write a scenario that I'd be able to like.

Quote:
Apparently Machi's hair is the same color as Hayate's. Dunno bout his eye color. This is him, right?

Spoiler for Machiburgers:

Is it a coincidence? Perhaps he resembled Hayate when she found him? Hmmhmm...
Machina's hair is grey.
Anyway, the Sister seems to know Machina. She didn't mistake him for Hayate.
Old 2009-10-28, 00:00   Link #4052
Koroshiya_Kame_13

So will Machina go back immediately now that the sister asked him whether it was all right to leave his Ojou-sama at home at this time of the night?
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 00:04   Link #4053
Rah

*rubs eyes*

Damn, those colors are weak! ........................... Nop. My eyes are fucked. I'm still seeing it slightly teal..

Lol.

Well, who careeeeeesssssssss! Hahahaha! *shoots himself*
Old 2009-10-28, 00:36   Link #4054
arand017

well hata did promise that the battle will end next chapter....
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 00:54   Link #4055
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

if you cant wait any more

Spoiler for ch 246 translation:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 01:31   Link #4056
arand017

thank you very much for the translation
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 02:11   Link #4057
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

hey guys, i just came back from a war crime convention and it is interesting.
By the way, is there already traslated chapter 246?
Old 2009-10-28, 02:48   Link #4058
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftsaufi View Post
By the way, is there already traslated chapter 246?
Translated, yes. Scanlated, no. What Game8910 posted was the translation for this chapter from Mangahelpers. I already read the RAW and the Chinese scanlations so I'm waiting for the spoilers for chapter 247.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 04:51   Link #4059
kniteowl

The Chapter has been scanlated by leemeru

Do you think Isumi will need some of Hayate's blood to combat Athena? lol
Old 2009-10-28, 04:56   Link #4060
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Yes!!
Finally, chapter 246 has been scanlated at mangafox at 5.24 p.m

Tags
comedy, shounen