AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-06-01, 07:22   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1015 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

How's it going, folks? It's that time again! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for the info:

-Chapter title is "Chains". Splash features Senor Pink.

-The chapter starts with the allied forces reacting to the news of Luffy's defeat. Izou and Kawamatsu note that the news successfully lowered everyone's morale, regardless of whether or not it was true. We then cut to Chopper vs. Queen. The all-star tells the reindeer that he's been toying with him all this time, and Perospero fires more arrows at everyone! However, before the situation turns grim, Chopper and the samurai are saved by Sanji, who not only kicks Queen, but uses his body to shield everyone from the arrows! He then uses the dinosaur's massive body to crush Perospero! The cook then leaves Zoro in Chopper's care and, proving he wasn't fooled by the report of Luffy's loss, steps up to take on the plague....!!!

-Back to Momo's group, Kaidou prepares to chase Oden's son when a gravely wounded Kinemon still defies the emperor. We see a brief flashback of when he and Momo try to maintain their cover as father and son. Back in the present, Kaidou tells the samurai to quit struggling and accept his defeat, grabs a katana, and stabs him through the back with it. As for Momo, the young lord uses the Mary frog to inform the entire island that Luffy IS alive. In fact, that was the voice he heard last chapter! Interestingly, the rubber man relayed his message to the boy despite being unconscious. Nonetheless, he promises that he WILL win this battle! As the samurai regain the morale they lost earlier, Kaidou catches up to Momo! However, before the emperor can crush the boy, Shinobu uses her Juku Juku powers to destroy the rocks and evade him, but at the cost of falling off the island.....

-In the ocean's depths, Luffy is discovered by the Heart Pirates. Meanwhile, Nami notices something odd about her Clima Tact.... it has Zeus' face now! As for Kid vs. Big Mom, the supernova is joined by Law, who suggests they team up. Back upstairs, Yamato finally reaches Kaidou. She declares that she came to break the chains that bind the two together....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-06-03 at 08:10.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-01, 07:48   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the voice was indeed Luffy's after all.

Sanji battling Queen makes sense, given Queen knows Judge. Maybe Chopper (or Marco) can patch Zoro up enough for him to take on King.

Excited to see Yamato's full power, and whether she is indeed a mythical tiger zoan (Byakko).
Old 2021-06-01, 08:34   Link #3
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Sanji is still carrying Zoro. I do hope we will get reaction from Chopper about how did Sanji turns Zoro into a cross-coffin like that.

I do hope Sanji is using number 3 suit to battle Queen, though.

Looking forward to see Yamato vs Kaidou as well.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-01, 12:17   Link #4
Hoodspirit

The clima tact having Zeus face makes sense. His soul was already stripped from his cloudy existence and has been fed raw to Hera. the soul fused with the clima tact. Didn't Usopp mention something about a missing "magic" upgrade for the clima tact, which he didn't really understand on Zou?
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-03, 06:30   Link #5
mickbis

Kid just smile after hearing Luffy bring alive?
the more I see the trio supernova the more I can see them appear as allies and rival
Law is a given but Kid seem to went into that direction lately
and I hope this event manage to cure his distrust from bring betrayed by Apoo
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-03, 08:29   Link #6
marvelB

Summary updated! Heh, I like how Sanji used Zoro to bat away the enemies. Their banter is great, too ("This guy'll probably be worth ten men when he's healed." "No, I'm worth TWO THOUSAND men!" ). Also, respect to Kinemon for defending Momo to the bitter end like that. To think he was the guy who was once jealous of his "son" getting all the attention from the ladies. And on the subject of Momo, I assume he and Shinobu will also get picked up by the Heart Pirates? I mean, if they fell off the island....

Oh, and I find Clima-Zeus to be surprisingly cute! And of course, I look forward to finding out whether or not the fan theories regarding Yamato's DF prove to be true!
Old 2021-06-03, 11:51   Link #7
necrolyte

Looks like an interesting chapter with a lot going on. Can't wait to read it
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-03, 17:27   Link #8
marvelB

Actually, scratch what I said above about how Momo/Shinobu gets rescued.... it's pretty clear to me now that Oda is most likely setting up Momo gaining some mastery of his dragon powers. Even if he doesn't awaken his hybrid form yet, he should still be capable of flight. In fact, Momo may even be Luffy's ticket back to Onigashima...
Old 2021-06-03, 17:57   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought Momonosuke was just "picking up" on Luffy's voice, but it sounds like Luffy is intentionally communicating with him through telepathy.
Old 2021-06-04, 05:54   Link #10
TURI123456

Only I didn't like the part that Monkey D. Luffy send a telepathy message to Kozuki Momonosuke?
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 14:12   Link #11
Galaxian

As a Sanji fan, I love this chapter, but not gonna lie, the Kinemon bit hits hard.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 15:13   Link #12
Hoodspirit

Kinemon dying would be really tough for the story. Not because of him as a character (for me) but his connections.
Like Tsuru waiting 20 years for nothing. And if Tama didn't lie to O-Lin, she and whole of Okoboro town are dead too.
It's basically the village in which Luffy connected to the people of Wano. For them to be all dead, I wonder how the party mood will be after the war.

Also, since Kinemon died to Luffy's opponent he left unchecked, isn't that what he trained to prevent? To weak to protect his allies still. Kinemon's death would be Luffy's direct failure.

Edit: In the last 2 panels of Luffy, there is a cut through Luffy's right eye.

Last edited by Hoodspirit; 2021-06-04 at 16:12.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 18:46   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I very much doubt Kinemon is dead. One Piece characters have survived worse.

Found it interesting Law's crew could hear Luffy's voice. And loved Sanji's unwavering faith in Luffy.
Old 2021-06-04, 19:56   Link #14
Rainbowman

I love how Yamato’s eyebrows in that final panel makes her look like Satsuki Kiryuin.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 13:20   Link #15
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 1015
The Chapter was not bad. Prediction Sanji will lose. Why ? Well its weird that Marco can't do anything to queen but Sanji can. Two Jimbi is horribly matched. Jimbi is ex Shichibukai and he was stronger then Luffy was two years ago. All of sudden Sanji who can't beat Page 1 gets boosted up to a 1 billion dollar bounty. Not buying this. But I will be shocked if he wins especially when Luffy is getting the crap kicked out of him, Zoro is in a splint after taking combined attack of two Yonkou, and Jimbi is literally having a fight with Who's Who. I mean what a joke a fish vs. cat. That says it all. That will be one of Oda's biggest miss match.

Has for Nami she finally got a permanent power up. What is Big Mama gonna due when she finds out Zeus is alive? Also what if Hera fails against Zeus in the next go around and Big Mama decides to take Hera out and gives Zeus back is position? Will Prometheus betray Big Mama too after his supposed girl friend(Hera) is destroyed? That's why you can't have employee relationships. It just makes things ugly. Does this mean Nami will officially be able to fly?

Last edited by grey_1960; 2021-06-05 at 13:30.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 14:15   Link #16
marvelB

^I think Sanji can take on Queen now precisely BECAUSE of Marco. The phoenix-man spent several chapters taking on two all-stars at once, so I'm sure he softened Queen up nicely for the cook at this point. I wouldn't discount Chopper either, BTW. He may not have hurt Queen much, but he also held his own against the guy, plus he made the cure for the ice oni virus, so he was definitely instrumental in this battle. Now, it's just up to Sanji to finish the job....

...Though frankly, I'm more interested in Sanji vs. Queen for more plot-related reasons.... that being the hinted connection between Queen and Germa, as was pointed out earlier. Was Queen a former colleague of Judge's? If so, that may mean the all-star incorporates Germa's technological prowess into his own works, as evidenced by his cyborg-ish body (just look at the way he split apart his neck this chapter when he bit Chopper, for instance). I also have a good feeling that he utilizes the Lineage Factor in his experiments.... and I point to his ice virus as potential proof of that. It's interesting too, because in the latest SBS, Oda mentions Caesar's limitations in using the LF when he created the SMILEs. Could we be seeing another area of usage of the Lineage Factor in action, here.....?
Old 2021-06-05, 15:19   Link #17
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
Kid just smile after hearing Luffy bring alive?
the more I see the trio supernova the more I can see them appear as allies and rival
I see Luffy and Kid being very similar to Roger and Whitebeard in the future. They will still fight all the time, but it'll be more for fun and they'll have a party afterwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Heh, I like how Sanji used Zoro to bat away the enemies. Their banter is great, too ("This guy'll probably be worth ten men when he's healed." "No, I'm worth TWO THOUSAND men!" )
The 10 men line was hilarious. I'm surprised Sanji didn't nerf him down to 2 or 3 lol

Quote:
In fact, Momo may even be Luffy's ticket back to Onigashima...
Momo flying Luffy back up there sounds pretty spot on.

Seeing as how Kinemon survived that first insane blow, it looks much more likely that he'll live. I mean, he's already been beaten to near-death by Kaidou once before so what's a second time
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 16:19   Link #18
Galaxian

Quote:
...Though frankly, I'm more interested in Sanji vs. Queen for more plot-related reasons.... that being the hinted connection between Queen and Germa, as was pointed out earlier. Was Queen a former colleague of Judge's? If so, that may mean the all-star incorporates Germa's technological prowess into his own works, as evidenced by his cyborg-ish body (just look at the way he split apart his neck this chapter when he bit Chopper, for instance). I also have a good feeling that he utilizes the Lineage Factor in his experiments.... and I point to his ice virus as potential proof of that. It's interesting too, because in the latest SBS, Oda mentions Caesar's limitations in using the LF when he created the SMILEs. Could we be seeing another area of usage of the Lineage Factor in action, here.....?
I remember a while back, someone jokingly asked Oda if there was a connection between Sanji's swirly eyebrows and the swirly patterns in devil fruit, and Oda simply answered "yes". Given what we learned about Lineage Factors recently, I think is likely that Judge infused his children with it before they were born. For example, Reiju could have the Venom Venom Fruit LF and Sanji the Clear Clear LF.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 19:18   Link #19
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I remember a while back, someone jokingly asked Oda if there was a connection between Sanji's swirly eyebrows and the swirly patterns in devil fruit, and Oda simply answered "yes". Given what we learned about Lineage Factors recently, I think is likely that Judge infused his children with it before they were born. For example, Reiju could have the Venom Venom Fruit LF and Sanji the Clear Clear LF.
That's really interesting. It makes sense out of a lot. Ichiji and Niji look like elemental types and Yonji's probably has to do with weight.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 20:28   Link #20
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Lineage Factor to much excitement
I don't think the Lineage Factor news will be too earthly shattering. One of the things the writers have to be careful of is writing themselves in a corner. Number two if Vega Punk and Judge couldn't figure it out why would Queen be able too. Queen seems to use his knowledge of the Lineage Factor on a basic level like for weapons. Even Ceaser Clown couldn't do it and he had the backing of Donminque Daflamingo. Everyone who studies it finds it to be a dead end or half but sub par success(Namely the Vinsmoke Kids, except Sanji).

Vinsmoke Siblings and the Lineage Study?
Why are you asking this? Well haven't we all thought why Sanji is normal unlike his brother? We know Sora took the drug and apparently it kept Sanji normal. The fact is Judge's kids are perfect experiment study. Every Kid has been altered except for Sanji so that means you have a case study. I personally believe that tampering with the Lineage Factor only weakens the individual not makes the stronger. How so when Sanji's brothers performed better then him? Look at the Vinsmoke Family not a one of them can use haki except for Sanji. Kenbunshoku Haki in it very own nature is to detect the emotions of individuals. Ichiji could not even touch Katakuri(One of the Sweet Commander). Sanji even dodged an assassination attack from Katakuri during the wedding(Chapter 862). Can Kuma even use haki and was he able to? Sanji would have a better time fighting Katakuri(and yes I know he is not a Logia). Personally I feel if you want to tap into the Lineage Factor I think it good old hard work and being consistent. I don't think there is a quick way to achieve powerful status with out it. Who knows I could be wrong but there has been way to many failures with the Lineage Factor and not enough success. The only ones that are successful are the ones who created the Devil fruit.

Theory on Shanks and Joe Boy Title
Kaidou is wrong and Shanks is right. Luffy is Joe Boy. I think Shanks knew all along that Luffy would be the Joy boy. How do you know this? Have you noticed everyone who has potential with King Haki gets asked by others some kind of question or fears the individual. Good example Kaidou in Chapter 1014 says "you couldn't be Joy Boy either it seems". The WG is always destroying people who have potential or questioning who they are. Shanks from the get go put the Straw Hat on Luffy without ever questioning Luffy. Even White Beard questioned Luffy. Chapter 570 when Luffy used his Conquer Haki White Beard said Show me what lies beyond this age" he did that after Luffy displayed Conquer Haki. Shanks is the only one that has ever recognized Luffy without questioning him or have Luffy prove it. I am curious to see if the People who hold the Joy Boy title can see the future? That would mean Roger knew who the successor would be. That would explain why Rayleigh interfered in Saboady before the two year time skip and Shanks interfered in the MarineFord War. Both were Gold Roger crew.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2021-06-05 at 20:50.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote