Notices

Old 2015-05-07, 14:56   Link #1881
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
It's probably "02 is still canon, but expect a lot of retcons."
That sounds about right.

I mean in the 02 ending adult Tai didn't have googles and neither did his son. I guess Davis could have broken the ones Tai gave him and Tai had to give him the new ones he just bought LOL But like I said, Davis cherished those googles all through out 02.

How popular was Tai x Sora again compared to Matt x Sora in Japan? I know they were popular with the English dub viewers. They could fix the ending so Tai ends up with her instead if they got so much back lash on that ending. Let's face it, Toei is doing a lot of things these days such as brining back this series the most popular Digimon series cast back to Sailor Moon come back than Dragon Ball Z. I could see him trying to do this to please the fans.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 15:12   Link #1882
Retrorock

Can't this just be an alternate universe / timeline kind of thing, like how both Fate stay night's Unlimited blade works / Heaven's feel stories are canon but still depict totally different things. It's quite likely in this timeline the 02 stuff never happened, but it doesn't make 02 any less canon.
Retrorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 15:27   Link #1883
Homura7

I just want to see Daisuke or Ken to make an appearance, just a brief one, so all these arguments can cease, because this is getting ridiculous people, more than the shipping wars
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 15:45   Link #1884
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
I just want to see Daisuke or Ken to make an appearance, just a brief one, so all these arguments can cease, because this is getting ridiculous people, more than the shipping wars
I don't see any arguments. Just people wondering if they're going to retcon 02 or not. It's a valid question, all things considering.
Old 2015-05-07, 16:53   Link #1885
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
No it's not. We were told 02 would be canon. Parts might be retconned but not the whole thing.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 17:39   Link #1886
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
No it's not. We were told 02 would be canon.
Maybe, but the project seems to have changed so I wouldn't take anything they said months ago as face value.

I don't really care either way. I just think there's nothing set in stone.
Old 2015-05-07, 17:39   Link #1887
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Hmm I think I have one problem going into this, see when I first watched digimon it was this stuff

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I never watched the Japanese ver so I'm sure it's gonna be weird.

Oh reason I posted the Frontier OP is cause it's simply freaking great and just felt like it

Looking forward to seeing Mimi and Izzy again they are my 2 favorite of the series.
Old 2015-05-07, 17:42   Link #1888
Konja9

Quote:
No it's not. We were told 02 would be canon. Parts might be retconned but not the whole thing.
In fact, they have never announced that 02 will be canon.

I thought they had confirmed 02 in this magazine: http://33.media.tumblr.com/861f92bed...CYi1r0zlue.jpg
However, some translators have told me that all the magazine page says is that this will be the latest Adventure anime to be made since Zero Two. That's not a confirmation of 02.

The only other mention of 02 is when they said that a phrase of the epilogue was important for Tri, but this does not necessarily mean that 02 is still canon. Especially if we take into account that the epilogue was originally to be the end of Adventure.

Not to mention that they also announced that the premiere would be in Spring. So clearly they can make changes through this production.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 17:43   Link #1889
Gundamx

Quote:
That was what everyone though before the PV .
Just like 02 take what they like and ignored what they didn't like from first season, Tri will do the same thing....

Then PV come out where Mimi in Japanese school(she study in USA in 02), taichi have his goggle back(he give it to Daisuke but kept blue headband)
and as if that is not enough, they made Taichi say this world chose wrong future.

So many people believe Tri happened in alternative time line

Edit: Don't forget that they said Tri was TV series first before they changed their mind

Last edited by Gundamx; 2015-05-08 at 04:23.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 17:51   Link #1890
Homura7

I better take a break off this thread before I go mad.

Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 18:10   Link #1891
OminousFlare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Hmm I think I have one problem going into this, see when I first watched digimon it was this stuff

I never watched the Japanese ver so I'm sure it's gonna be weird.
That's how I felt watching the American dub version the first time. I first watched it in the Singapore English dub (which was more faithful to the original dialogue in translation), so when I saw the American dub, it was all weird. And cringe-worthy. American sense of humor, probably.
Old 2015-05-07, 18:21   Link #1892
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I hope they throw 02 into the trash bin, I never liked it and it leaves a clean slate for this series. I don't care what they said, doesn't look like they are keeping promises anyway. Spring indeed.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 18:36   Link #1893
Malicre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
-Same goggles (without his blue head band)

-She never comeback to study again in Japan

-Canon as GT to DBZ

True to be told, I don't care if 02 canon or not, actually, I would rather it was canon since I no longer cared about Taiora after 02. And since Hikari didn't marry Takeru, I end up join wincest ship

...It's funny how at 90s I supported Taichi X Sora and Takeru x Hikaru but 2015~ they become my worst ship
I still ship TK and Hikaru, thats the only pairing that MUST HAPPEN, but it would be nice if tai hooked up with this new chick.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 18:39   Link #1894
OminousFlare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I hope they throw 02 into the trash bin, I never liked it and it leaves a clean slate for this series. I don't care what they said, doesn't look like they are keeping promises anyway. Spring indeed.
That April's Fools joke about it being delayed to Summer/July seems so cruel now in hindsight.
Old 2015-05-07, 20:22   Link #1895
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Maybe, but the project seems to have changed so I wouldn't take anything they said months ago as face value.
Huh? The only changes that have been confirmed are the format and release date, neither of which would be the same as retconning 02 when we were told it was still canon.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 20:32   Link #1896
Akashin

Quote:
Huh? The only changes that have been confirmed are the format and release date, neither of which would be the same as retconning 02 when we were told it was still canon.
There's also this, for whatever it's worth.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 21:16   Link #1897
Kazu-kun

That's probably just search engine optimization. I wouldn't read anything into it.
Old 2015-05-07, 21:33   Link #1898
Konja9

I think this is the code that you are talking about, the name Daisuke appears inside the red circle:

I should say that this is not new news, that name appears in the code for over half a year. Still, I do not think this has any particular significance.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 21:41   Link #1899
Kazu-kun

Like I said, just search engine optimization.
Old 2015-05-08, 09:34   Link #1900
Malicre

Hell no, let matt and sora stay together, tai needs to hook up with this new girl.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon