AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-07-19, 04:41   Link #301
ookamigirl

An individual with two abilities?
Channeling and pyrokinesis.
Interesting and challenging.
Looks like another addition to the special school.
Yusarin & a multiple personality disorder..
She sure is one scary girl!
Interesting episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 04:47   Link #302
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I'm just preparing myself fully expecting the "overly cute adorable sister" to die, since she has that whole "character designed to die so we can make you cry buckets" that Key seems to be fond of.
Old 2015-07-19, 05:00   Link #303
cyth
Banned

Same here, only because she's the odd man out - no abilities, yet seemigly important to the plot at hand. So far all siblings had powers (Nao and her bro, Yusa and Misa), I fully expect her to show some later on in the show. Sacrificial imoutos are a thing, I guess.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 05:53   Link #304
Peanutbutter

Loud imoutos are not my dish, so I dun think I'll feel a thing when it's her time on the stage.

Everything still looks good, but I want my Kanie+Lelouch illegitimate child back.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 07:57   Link #305
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Episode 3 was amusing and entertaining, though I agree with the rushed pacing and questionable dialogue criticisms. I might have more to write later, but I'll leave it at this for now.

Replies to cyth in spoiler space below, for the sake of those who may not be interested any more in that Episode 2-based discussion.

Spoiler for Episode 2 discussion:
Old 2015-07-19, 12:02   Link #306
Tranhieu

That confession at the end came out of nowhere and weird as hell. Plus that Sho guy changed his mind so fast all the whole tear jerking (to him) lines he just said vanished into thin air.

Again Midori is the only character worth watching this time round.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 14:13   Link #307
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
We can't pretend these principles are fickle things, not when they are supported by institutions such as the UN, nor can we pretend that scientists wouldn't have any moral drawbacks to human experimentation even if legal frameworks enabled them. We can't expect either, that's why I'm wondering where such confident claims are coming from. My bet is they are coming from the fickleness of fiction, not reality, overabundant imagination and a specific disconnect from reality. I'm arguing this because in Charlotte's case it looks like it's state-sponsored.

I'm just going to pretend that the stupid evul scientist foundation doesn't exist. Episode 3 had been pretty enjoyable, the pacing didn't really bother me. I actually kind of like Nao. She acts like a normal girl, a rare feat in anime.
I have a bit of a difficult time understanding what it is you're trying to say here. But, if I understand correctly, you're believing that our criticism of real life scientists' integrity is a false accusation? If you want actual facts to prove that scientists have carried out unethical human experiments then I recommend looking up the research that was done on people with disability during WWII by Nazi scientists. When the government condones such acts, there are researchers who will embrace it. Like I said, we don't see it much nowadays due to Ethics Boards that regulate this body of practice. Scientists, like doctors, are mere humans. Not all have bad morals, obviously, but there are always a few rotten apples in every basket.

In the case of Charlotte, given that the Government in this universe is supporting this type of research, I'm not surprised that these special kids are in danger. But I do wonder about the intention of their daddy-long-legs.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 15:18   Link #308
Wandering Soul

Looks like the last member of their club has an interesting situation. She is technically two people and one of them is already dead.
Old 2015-07-20, 06:15   Link #309
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Looks like the last member of their club has an interesting situation. She is technically two people and one of them is already dead.
Unless Misa moved onto heaven... Still, Yusa attending Hoshinoumi Academy is better than being exploited by shady producers!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-20, 10:24   Link #310
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Too bad Misa can't really enter the Purgatory with that kind of personality. >.> *cough* AB *cough*
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-20, 11:19   Link #311
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
This episode would've worked better if it focused on the Sho and Misa side of the story and then brought in Team Hoshinoumi at the end. Charlotte can direct a mean scene, but the overall product don't have any attitude.
Spoiler for Episode 3--The Powerm@ster: Cinderella Yankees:
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-20, 11:52   Link #312
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kinomoto View Post
Spoiler for Episode 3--The Powerm@ster: Cinderella Yankees:
The Free! joke was really good.

lol at the 1000 hit combo as well. Nice job with a short and fun lolcap, reflective of Nao herself, really.
Old 2015-07-20, 12:28   Link #313
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I hope Misa pops up here and there during the series; she cool....and hot....uh

And Ayumi's nosebleed moment was pretty funny. It's not every day you see these kinds of phenomena.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-20, 13:39   Link #314
Archon_Wing
Why?
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Episode 3: We hardly knew ye, quite literally

Episode 3 was pretty interesting. The first half was pretty typical slapstick stuff, and it was so uninspired in trying to be funny, it was pretty much forgettable. I think they really could have spent more time getting to the chase, because the 2nd half was actually pretty good and wasn't overly dramatic mainly because it happens so suddenly. Pacing still leaves much to be desired. Anyhow, we have yet another special person of the week, but this person is going to be a major player, with some rather hot abilities. And she's split personality, which fits the general profile of Key girls. So she'll fit in.

Note: I did not screencap most of the first half; it was so lame that I replaced it with screencaps from Sound Euphonium. I'm not going to talk about the idol part, because meh. They shouldn't be spoilery (they range up to episode 4-5 of that show, and are butchered out of context, but just in case..., I've split it into two parts. Also, yes, I'm aware this post is pretty rushed, but I think it goes along with the episode if it is!

Spoiler for S! E!:

And now back to Charlotte.... We finally find out that Yusa's channeling her dead sister, who's also insane. Oh joy.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Anyhow, short and sweet, but it didn't have to be. Overall, it'll be interesting enough to keep me watching for now.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2015-07-20 at 18:04.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-20, 13:49   Link #315
Botan_TM

Seriously those screencaps made my day, great job with them

Well, personally I found out I will keep watching this for Nao.

Also, they could tone down a little bit a loveliness of MC sister. He is so nice etc. this is even more unrealistic sci-fi than whole "evil scientists" case.
Botan_TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-20, 20:33   Link #316
GDB

Fun episode. I hope Yusa gets more character development soon, because the little we saw of her made her seem rather... dim.

Also, I agree that something is obviously going to happen to Ayumi. However, I don't think she'll die. At least not easily. I expect her to be further evidence of the scientists that Nao keeps talking about, since as it is her brother is the only "proof" we've seen that they're a threat.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-20, 22:38   Link #317
tsunade666

I have watched 3 episodes and well... its lack luster for me. The comedy isn't funny enough for me but still the sad/dramatic moment still hits. Like the flashback scene where the mother begs her son and daughter to attend the school, the experiment, and the scene in the hospital.

Episode 3 is nice and all but its pretty weak. Specially the confession of extra 1 character to Misa. Misa looks interesting and all but well, 2 personalities isn't that new and the contrast is too much for me to enjoy. But at least, Misa and Nao would complement each other.

I have nothing to say for the MC aside from lame and overconfident that he get himself caught easily in episode 1. He depends too much on his ability and decide to make it all perfect without back up plan which ended up with him being caught.

The teleporter guy is also lame.

The only nice one that made me watched it is Nao. She is interesting enough to make me stay.

This is 1 cour too right? Good. the characters aren't that many to made it all cramped up in 1 cour show.
Old 2015-07-20, 22:48   Link #318
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I really enjoyed this episode. Once again the comedy was spot on for me.

Did anybody noticed how Yusa changes her hair color when she gets possessed?

Last edited by Julio C; 2015-07-20 at 23:08.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-21, 03:41   Link #319
tsunade666

Is there a chance that the school they are attending in is a big experiment too?

Like in index where the whole city is a experimental field of the scientist.

The student council gathers the ability users and the scientist provided the environment where they can live peacefully but secretly being stimulated to develop and use more their abilities.

Its a friendly environment but its only the front face of the school. For those who have useful abilities or disposable ones. Are being put secretly into experiment. Like Nao's brother.

Nao is just busy now with the gathering of the espers but she is just being used too and lied by the person she trust.
Old 2015-07-21, 05:03   Link #320
hyl
reading #hikaributts

YouTube

YouTube
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p.a. works, supernatural powers