AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-11-05, 19:36   Link #1221
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Pa is 60k difference and ga is 4K difference
Then Pa belongs to Biden considering the Mails are mostly Dems voting and the counties left to count are leaning Dem anyway. Ga will be interesting, might go both ways, if Biden gets it then only with a couple hundred votes at best. Trump might also get it but below 1k votes.

The real deal is the two rep senators in Ga having to do a run-off again but this time maybe without Trump doing election campaign for them because he no longer gets anything outta it, except ofc stroking his ego. Dems and Reps against Trump will throw everything into those races to prevent the Senate from becoming a blockroad while Reps and Biden-haters will do everything to deny those Seats to the Dems and have "smooth sailing" for the first two years.
Old 2020-11-05, 19:42   Link #1222
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
To cover my bases. About 30ish hours ago I provided a link about USPS not delivering all mail in ballots. This has been debunked. I apologize for pedaling bullshit.
According to the Washington Post, there had been missing mail ballots though. Some won't be counted now:

Quote:
Despite assurances from Postal Service leaders that agency officials were conducting daily sweeps for misplaced ballots, the mail service acknowledged in a court filing Thursday that thousands of ballots had not been processed in time, and that more ballots were processed Wednesday than on Election Day.

The number of mailed ballots the Postal Service did not deliver by Election Day is expected to grow as more data is released in the coming days. Some election experts worry such delays could run up against even more generous ballot acceptance windows that some states have granted.

In several swing states, late ballots will still be counted as long as they were postmarked by Election Day and received by Friday, according to state law. They include Nevada, where 4,518 ballots arrived after Election Day, as well as North Carolina (2,958) and Pennsylvania, (3,439). But in other states such as Arizona, where 864 ballots were delayed, and Georgia, where 853 were delayed votes that did not reach election officials by Nov. 3 will be disqualified

Because the counts are not done in those states, it is unclear whether undelivered ballots would have made a difference in deciding the presidential election. But the delivery failures highlight the risks in relying on the mail service to deliver ballots close to Election Day.
WP Article
Old 2020-11-05, 20:26   Link #1223
Johnny Dy

I've been watching CNN for 3 hours straight now, I think that all my life combined I have never watched as much CNN! Not just likely but extremely probable that Biden will turn Pennsylvania in the next half a day or so. Heh. It's been a hoot. lol

Sometimes it is an easy thing for a man to cry out for retribution, until he himself has walked in the foot steppes of those suffering the penalty.
Old 2020-11-05, 20:34   Link #1224
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dy View Post
I've been watching CNN for 3 hours straight now, I think that all my life combined I have never watched as much CNN! Not just likely but extremely probable that Biden will turn Pennsylvania in the next half a day or so. Heh. It's been a hoot. lol
Pa officials have said they could finish counting tonight. Difference is 53k at 94%. Close to a 40k difference from 92%. He’s got this with leeway

Ga is at 3.5k difference but hasn’t moved much and is at 99%. It’s almost guaranteed a state recount since the difference is .1%
Old 2020-11-05, 21:13   Link #1225
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Pa officials have said they could finish counting tonight. Difference is 53k at 94%. Close to a 40k difference from 92%. Hes got this with leeway

Ga is at 3.5k difference but hasnt moved much and is at 99%. Its almost guaranteed a state recount since the difference is .1%
GA is at 2k difference now but the question is where is the rest of the votes is going to come from.
Old 2020-11-05, 21:18   Link #1226
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So as an outsider I have a question: in an incumbent sitting American President failing to get reelected to their second term considered a bad thing in more ways than simply having their mandate rejected? I'm under the impression that American president more commonly win a second term than not, and are expected to do so.
Old 2020-11-05, 21:32   Link #1227
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

One can look at Jimmy Carter, who was harshly criticized. And had to run against a more charismatic Reagan. Carter's failures, on the Iran hostages crisis (not hemped by Iranians dragging out the negotiations) and economics, were used against him . Biden's bargaining chips for presidency are Trump's numerous failure, like the racial tensions deliberately fueled by his supporters and his mismanagement of covid19. And that Biden was Obamas VP, coming with the promise of return of common decency and dignity for the president function.
Old 2020-11-05, 21:37   Link #1228
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So as an outsider I have a question: in an incumbent sitting American President failing to get reelected to their second term considered a bad thing in more ways than simply having their mandate rejected? I'm under the impression that American president more commonly win a second term than not, and are expected to do so.
It’s not common but they sometimes do lose. The last one was George HW Bush in 1992. Trump however is a unique case. He has spent his entire presidency dividing America and made no attempt to court left leaning voters or find moderate ground. That is why this election is divisive. Most presidents generally lose re-elections because people don’t like their politics. Trump could lose because a lot of people just don’t like him in general. He had some successes but a lot is negated the moment he opens his mouth.

The problem here is that a lot of people have some concerns about Biden. Like his age and mental state. Something Trump has used over and over in campaigning. He’s always had a stutter but still gives clear thought. However some have bought into it. There are also those who worry for a return to Obama era policies which is why he lost the Latina vote.

Essentially a lot of people keep voting against a candidate rather than for a candidate which is why this election is still so close.

42k difference in pa still at 94% of potential votes

Looks like az is done reporting for the night and it is getting tight. Thought the rest are early ballots so they will likely favor Biden.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2020-11-05 at 21:53.
Old 2020-11-05, 22:11   Link #1229
kari-no-sugata II

Kinda ironic, if not for local GOP efforts to delay vote counting, Trump would likely have gotten a swift (political) death. Instead he's (politically) dying slowly like a dog.

So... thanks local GOP?
Old 2020-11-05, 22:18   Link #1230
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Kinda ironic, if not for local GOP efforts to delay vote counting, Trump would likely have gotten a swift (political) death. Instead he's (politically) dying slowly like a dog.

So... thanks local GOP?
He was just banking on Election Day votes because only his supporters would go out in droves in this pandemic. He was just expecting that the courts he put up would agree with him... they haven’t.

This could have been well regulated and quick but his defunding of the usps and state assemblies refusing to create better rules for mail in voting turned against him after he prematurely victorulated

Pa is now less than 26k, ga about 1800. Apparently there is still 14k votes in ga with trump only leading by 1700

https://www.yahoo.com/news/eyes-neva...020258083.html

Of course not, they’re likely waiting on more bets for this election lol

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2020-11-05 at 23:35.
Old 2020-11-05, 23:51   Link #1231
The Green One

Tomorrow is going to be rather busy I imagine. We'll have to see how it goes.

Ideally Biden will get Arizona, Nevada and Pennsylvania. Have some padding to cover for any legal challenges.
Old 2020-11-06, 00:22   Link #1232
cyberdemon

Time for bed but I will likely see a radically different race tomorrow. Biden will likely have pa. Who knows what ga has in store with its close margin. Maybe nv will actually count rather than bet on gambling lol.
Old 2020-11-06, 00:30   Link #1233
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Essentially a lot of people keep voting against a candidate rather than for a candidate which is why this election is still so close.
That's every political election in general in other countries. To see that in America is something else.

Quote:
Time for bed but I will likely see a radically different race tomorrow. Biden will likely have pa. Who knows what ga has in store with its close margin. Maybe nv will actually count rather than bet on gambling lol.
I hear republicans win everywhere except presidency. Seems like you would need a Trump to lose it. And they did.

Sometimes it is an easy thing for a man to cry out for retribution, until he himself has walked in the foot steppes of those suffering the penalty.
Old 2020-11-06, 00:47   Link #1234
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dy View Post
That's every political election in general in other countries. To see that in America is something else.

I hear republicans win everywhere except presidency. Seems like you would need a Trump to lose it. And they did.
Democrats will win the house likely. Republicans will take at minimum 50 seats in senate. Ga has 2 runoff elections at this point. Blue might get 1 seat if they are lucky but Biden is likely president.

I really do wish we gets candidates that we can vote for regardless of parties rather than choose the lesser of 2 evils. Sadly we have to deal in extremes where the winner is not neccessarily the best candidate. Just the one who instills the most fear in voters.
Old 2020-11-06, 01:08   Link #1235
Ithekro
Gamilas Rises

I hate the "lesser of two evils" type of voting. The people running for President are suppose to be some of the best of us, and we want them to lead us/win, and its more a matter of who gets the better image out or has the better message/plan to get elected. Not, "well...it could be worse...could be the other guy" votes. Or choosing between death by taxation or death by pollution. Both paths lead to death, its just a matter of when and how painful it might be.
Old 2020-11-06, 01:21   Link #1236
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Democrats will win the house likely. Republicans will take at minimum 50 seats in senate. Ga has 2 runoff elections at this point. Blue might get 1 seat if they are lucky but Biden is likely president.

I really do wish we gets candidates that we can vote for regardless of parties rather than choose the lesser of 2 evils. Sadly we have to deal in extremes where the winner is not neccessarily the best candidate. Just the one who instills the most fear in voters.
Dunno about your senate and house, but I've just made a quick arithmetic as I'm at work and I can't hear what they're talking. The result is Biden needs another 63% of the remaining votes in PA to ensure his presidency. And the percentage is very likely attainable as 5h ago it was nearly 70% if I recall correctly. I'm expecting he will be president in less than 8 hours from now in congruence with the present counting of the votes.

Old 2020-11-06, 01:27   Link #1237
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

PA should have been called 8 hours ago, minimum. It's not even going to be close. Maybe not as wide a gap as MI (almost 3% now) but no nail-biter.
Old 2020-11-06, 01:28   Link #1238
Ithekro
Gamilas Rises

Once people are awake again, sure. Questions will be the flips in other states (if any) and if there are any real legal challenges. But otherwise, the Electors will vote sometime after December 14th, which, baring issues, will seal the deal, with January 20th, being the day.
Old 2020-11-06, 01:42   Link #1239
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The Trump crime family and Graham are already calling for PA to send rogue electors and steal the election. That won't be enough if Biden wins everywhere he's expected to (he'll have 306 EV) but there's nothing stopping him from trying to do the same in GA or AZ.
Old 2020-11-06, 02:09   Link #1240
Johnny Dy

That remaining 1% in counting votes in GA is one tough nut to crack! I shall expect they finish by the end of the week.

Closed Thread