AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-11-06, 02:14   Link #1241
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Legally they have to finish Friday, from what I understand. Different laws for different states.
Old 2020-11-06, 02:21   Link #1242
Johnny Dy

Setting aside the reasons why someone would vote red, what baffles me is the numbers! I think it's incredible that so many have come to vote. My only explanation is they hate the hate for Trump itself and want to avenge it. However stupid that might sound. I dunno why else even more would come to vote for such a bastard than 4 years ago. It's beyond reason. Good thing they will still lose.

If you'd have told me that Trump will receive more votes in 2020 than 2016, I would have said you're either crazy, or that he runs against Hitler! Just insane.
Old 2020-11-06, 02:47   Link #1243
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Some people despise the Democratic Party so much, they really don't care who's running. My grandparents hated FDR, and that translated to my father not liking the Democrats...compounded by his views that they are basically Communists, which he fought in Vietnam, and will fight them in the voting booth to "stop the commies from taking over the country". The other part from both generations was that it was always the Democrats that got us into wars. And in my father's case, a Republican (Nixon) that got him out alive. My grandfather was a civil engineer and got drafted in World War II. My father joined the Navy just a step ahead of being drafted into the Army, and was still sent to Vietnam. They never will forgive the Democrats for those events.
Old 2020-11-06, 03:24   Link #1244
Johnny Dy

I guess it's too late to tell them that what those democrats did is more towards the republican way of doing things. So the remnants of those wars are still felt even today. If I were you, I'd ask them head on: do you really think it's more likely to start a war today because of democrats more than republicans? It's nonsensical, because from what I know, republicans dogma yearns lack of tolerance that start conflicts, not democrats one. Or maybe I don't understand shit and absolutely nothing about the way it's written on paper.

Even if true, not todays democrats fault that the ones almost a century ago did not respect their ideology. Although the problem of the WWW II is more complex than just tolerance or than Vietnam. If USA would have stayed out, today Hitler Empire would have been a high probability. They honestly vote for such an empire to have existed? It's a very complex discussion. Wars definitely are bad, but so is slavery and genocide without putting a fight back. It's practically choosing between 2 evils, I think the democrats of those time chose the lesser one even if they did not the fighting. The democrats simply looked 20 years into the future, Hitler Empire would have gotten stronger and destroyed America, (not to mention Japan who were some crazy fucks in those times wanting an empire of their own) if they wouldn't have acted then. Thanks God republicans weren't in power then if they'd chosen not to participate in the war.

But those are times long gone, today we got different problems. Germany is one of the best countries one an hope for, in almost any human domain, especially the mentality. I think they might be the best in the world in that regard. Boy, did they learn their lesson! LOL

OT: Now it looks a bit like GA will change for Bidden before PA. Weird.
Old 2020-11-06, 03:43   Link #1245
The Green One

So apparently in Georgia Trump is only up by 463 votes now. It's practically a tie.
Old 2020-11-06, 03:47   Link #1246
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Next step: worrying about the Republican lawyers playing the clock to have the legislatures decide.
Old 2020-11-06, 03:59   Link #1247
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Post-legal worry: Faithless Electors...if it is very close.

Still a bit over a month away from that though.

Regardless, Trump's term ends at noon on January 20th, 2021. Who steps in is the matter in question, but if there are legal battles....he still is out of office.
Old 2020-11-06, 04:29   Link #1248
n0m@n
C-Z

Accoding to DecisionDeskHQ, Biden has took the lead in Georgia.
RIP Trump (and my $1000).

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/s...43210283593728
Old 2020-11-06, 04:31   Link #1249
monir
cho~ kakkoii

PA should also go to Biden in the morning.
Old 2020-11-06, 04:32   Link #1250
The Green One

Still uncounted votes left, both from Republican and Democrat areas, nothing definitive yet, but if this momentum continues things are looking good for Biden.
Old 2020-11-06, 04:38   Link #1251
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The knife's edge is one thing.

What is the other? That "understanding is a three edged sword".
Old 2020-11-06, 04:54   Link #1252
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

So Trump officially GG now right?
Old 2020-11-06, 05:06   Link #1253
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluc View Post
Officially, no. Tentatively, he's pretty much done for.
Old 2020-11-06, 05:15   Link #1254
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
For today's dose of schadenfreude, Steve Bannon got suspended off twitter for calling the beheadings of federal officials.
Old 2020-11-06, 05:41   Link #1255
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluc View Post
Say it with me: "You're fired!"
Old 2020-11-06, 05:52   Link #1256
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Eh, I have to say, It ain't over until it's over/ the fat lady sings"

Everything I'm looking at have Trump winning in both GA and PA by a razor-thin margin; Arizona and Nevada seem like Biden's realistic best bets... but hopefully we'll know in 12 hours or so.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2020-11-06, 06:01   Link #1257
The Green One

Trump's current position is deeply unfavorable at the moment, but nothing is official yet.
Old 2020-11-06, 06:12   Link #1258
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Oh, one more thing about the EC, and I pretty much KNEW this would happen:

So because Trump won in 2016, everyone was yelling, "They should split the EC votes according to how people actually voted, not winner take all!"

And yet now the Dems are quiet are the EC and who gets the votes... we'll see if anything changes after this particular election, but's always complain about the EC when it doesn't benefit you, and then be quiet and keep it when it does.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2020-11-06, 06:12   Link #1259
The Green One

Well if they did go the popular vote route Biden would be winning handily.
Old 2020-11-06, 06:17   Link #1260
James Rye

If GA falls to Biden it is gg though. Trump needed 3 states to win, Biden needs only two (if we don't count Arizona as already decided but still being close) and he gonna get PA for sure whereas with GA that was anything but clear. Seems like Biden is close or just over 1k votes so far.