AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-11-10, 23:21   Link #1461
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Do statistics prove that Biden voters committed electoral fraud:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler:
Old 2020-11-10, 23:58   Link #1462
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

CODE-E had a scene that still sticks with me today.

To someone who doesn't know something, if they think you are smart on the subject and you say something and act like it is true, they will believe you. (Something like that)
(I mean, if they are gullible enough, of course)
Of course, the protagonist in that anime actually was smart.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2020-11-11, 00:25   Link #1463
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'm treating this as a sign that military intervention might be a possible reality.
As someone said, there's probably a reason why he fired the Defense secretary and has started to bunker up around the White house.

Though I'm not sure who the branches will be loyal too.

//
And when I said that, it seemed ludicrous.
I don't believe the army will listen to that maniac instead of PRESITENT FUCKING ELECT. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
You lack understanding on the meaning of "may be", hint, it does not mean "undoubtedly", 'murricans need to learn their mother language from people like me that have it as a second language
I'm afraid for many of them it's not just the 1st languange, it's also the 2nd and the 3rd. And they already know 3 languages, so refined a people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
^not to mention, Republicans are demanding georgia's REPUBLICAN secretary of state to resign for supposed failures during the election i.e not stopping democrat voters from winning georgia for biden.
You mean fired for not committing to the fraud plan that "we talked about", if there's an inkling of democrats wining.

Seriously, the true problem is that this fucktard of a person called Trump treats the state institution as his own private business, firing whoever he deems unworthy to satisfy is savage, anticonstitutional, illegal and right down revolting moods. And the even bigger problem is with the cretins who can elect such a person, especially the ones that had the 4 years benefits of following the fucktard at work. And their number is legion, over 70 million. OMFG THE (IN)HUMAN RACE!

Neah, 70 didn't vote for this shit, they simply frauded the elections and now they're upset that even with fraud it wasn't enough to win!

Sometimes it is an easy thing for a man to cry out for retribution, until he himself has walked in the foot steppes of those suffering the penalty.

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2020-11-11 at 01:00.
Old 2020-11-11, 10:21   Link #1464
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Commentators I've read suggest Esper was fired because he wouldn't deploy troops to demonstrations, including the one where Trump held up the Bible. I'm sure Trump has no knowledge of the Posse Comitatus Act, or if he does, he wouldn't care if it were violated.

Apparently Republicans believe that they must push the stolen-election nonsense to fire up Trump's base before the Georgia run-offs on January 5th. Pretty sad that they cannot be fired up by things like policies. I'm unconvinced this charade will work. Democrats will turn out in large numbers as well.
Old 2020-11-11, 11:01   Link #1465
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Apparently Republicans believe that they must push the stolen-election nonsense to fire up Trump's base before the Georgia run-offs on January 5th.
Which at best this is a clear example of cognitive dissonance, at worst the real intention is a coup.

For most of the 20th century, my mother never bothered to vote in local or federal election and the reason was plain to see, the elections were rigged. So a political party telling their base that "elections are rigged, so go vote" is an oxymoron.

Elections in my country were fixed in part because there was an schism in the ruling party, so there were three main parties (and several minor ones). What we learned back then is that to improve the electorate system:

1) New laws have to be created to close loopholes.
2) When there is no goodwill, money needs to be spent to improve the system.

So imo the best thing that can happen is for trump to split the GOP, then there will be no other option than to modernize electoral laws to prevent any party to take undemocratic advantages.
Old 2020-11-11, 11:18   Link #1466
The Green One

The GOP obeys Trump because they know he can and will ruin their careers in revenge for nothing more than pure pettiness.
Old 2020-11-11, 11:55   Link #1467
Key Board
Carbon

if they want to shackle themselves to an incompetent Trump dynasty, go ahead
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2020-11-11, 12:34   Link #1468
The Green One

Well their choices are either drink the koolaid and be loyal, make a show of empty loyalty and not rock the boat so Trump's base doesn't rip them apart while keeping their true feelings to themselves, or be a critic of Trump and have him do everything in his power to ruin them out of revenge because of his emotional maturity of a Third Grade Schoolyard Bully.

Great choices.
Old 2020-11-11, 13:39   Link #1469
Johnny Dy

I would not offend the schoolyard bullies though. It's one thing to bully 1-2 little people with every chance of a fast recovery, another thing to try ruin families lives by the millions, usually emigrants because they're unhuman, but also from the human race - some americans if need be. I'm sure he feels bad those he fired weren't emigrants like the parents of the VP elected, because he could give the motto of his life "You're fired!" a more ad litteram meaning.

Sometimes it is an easy thing for a man to cry out for retribution, until he himself has walked in the foot steppes of those suffering the penalty.
Old 2020-11-11, 20:41   Link #1470
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Seems Georgia have to recount by hand since, you know, Bully-in-chief and his Bois are butthurt.
Old 2020-11-11, 21:16   Link #1471
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Seems Georgia have to recount by hand since, you know, Bully-in-chief and his Bois are butthurt.
No the state election is too close so a recount is required under state law.

What’s funny about Trump losing is that it was essentially his to lose. Reps and dems were set in their vote. Moderates would’ve voted for him more if he had just put aside his pride and taken COVID seriously. The economy was good, though not the best ever like he claimed since a lot of data I’ve seen give Clinton a better economy. So many more moderates would’ve opted for the status quo. Instead he took COVID as a personal insult, did everything experts recommended NOT TO DO, and let COVID run rampant, thus crashing the economy he bragged so much about.
Old 2020-11-11, 21:56   Link #1472
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
The economy was good, though not the best ever like he claimed since a lot of data I’ve seen give Clinton a better economy.
I wouldn't call that economy good. GDP is an indicator of macro economy, if it's doing great you're good right? No the case when you go behind the scene make do what's in your power to make it looks good, cutting taxes does little if you hit them with tariffs and consequence of said tariff, inflation. Stock markets are up because government's own money in it.
Old 2020-11-11, 22:43   Link #1473
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by McW View Post
I wouldn't call that economy good. GDP is an indicator of macro economy, if it's doing great you're good right? No the case when you go behind the scene make do what's in your power to make it looks good, cutting taxes does little if you hit them with tariffs and consequence of said tariff, inflation. Stock markets are up because government's own money in it.
I said good which to me just means it’s wasnt tanking. He clearly though didn’t create an economy that could last difficult times. Good is a low bar to me lol
Old 2020-11-11, 22:56   Link #1474
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
What’s funny about Trump losing is that it was essentially his to lose. Reps and dems were set in their vote. Moderates would’ve voted for him more if he had just put aside his pride and taken COVID seriously. The economy was good, though not the best ever like he claimed since a lot of data I’ve seen give Clinton a better economy. So many more moderates would’ve opted for the status quo. Instead he took COVID as a personal insult, did everything experts recommended NOT TO DO, and let COVID run rampant, thus crashing the economy he bragged so much about.
I know studying probably wasn't his strong point, but he should have realized that successful dictators didn't exactly try to be as much of an obvious asshole to the general public as possible.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2020-11-11, 23:07   Link #1475
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

This why ppl compared him to Joffrey Baratheon, Ramsay Bolton or Caligula himself.
Old 2020-11-12, 01:16   Link #1476
Johnny Dy

No need to compare him to a king or an emperor. Hmm... to me, he's more like Ser Meryn.

Old 2020-11-12, 06:17   Link #1477
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

https://www.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN27Q38K

In the end, a recount rarely changed the outcome.
Old 2020-11-12, 08:05   Link #1478
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
if they want to shackle themselves to an incompetent Trump dynasty, go ahead
Incompetent? Obviously. Popular? Very much so.
It makes sense for the Reps to become loyal dogs of the Trump dynasty, they are more popular than anything else the Reps brought forward so far. They see them as useful although annoying idiots that can push the agenda they want to be pushed. Though there are some Reps that seem to believe that Trump is the God Emperor himself and not just a US president.
Old 2020-11-12, 09:25   Link #1479
Jaden

I kinda tapped out of the news cycle for some days after Biden was declared winner. Now I'm sniffing around again, and holy shit. The number of people that seriously still believe Trump won is not insignificant. I guess it's to be expected, since that's what Trump says.

I think they're wrong, but it's becoming a movement with significant momentum. To that end, I think the Georgia recount is a good thing, especially that they decided to do a thorough job of it like Trump supporters wanted. Except in the highly unlikely event that it flips the state, this will take a lot of wind out of their sails.
Old 2020-11-12, 09:43   Link #1480
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

As seen in the article I have posted, the numbers of votes taken or given after a recount is so unsignificant that it is unlikely to tip the elections. Unless they decide, in this particular election, where COVID19 is still raging and when many decided to vote by mail, to ditch the mail ballots. Something that will ignite the powder keg that the social climate of America have become and fill the boogaloo assholes with glee. A scenario that not even Tom Clancy would have imagined.