Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-22, 03:23   Link #81
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
He became popular.
And most importantly for nothing since he isn't strong and is annoying.
And every funny moment with him is thanks to Matsumoto.

Make him less popular and no one will mind. As long as Kubo won't make super Hitsugaya out of him during this fight, I'll be satisfied even with him being alive.

I really don't get why he is the most popular character
Old 2009-04-22, 04:01   Link #82
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

Make him less popular and no one will mind. As long as Kubo won't make super Hitsugaya out of him during this fight, I'll be satisfied even with him being alive.

Maybe it's got something to do with his age and age of his fangirls. I always thouth that Bleach and such shounens are directed to kids in age of the protoginist and that is around 15-16 years old, and younger kids have only Hitsugaya to relate to. They would choose Yachiru, but she's not a captain and she acts her age instead of pretending to be older. Kids wants to grow up and maybe Hitsugaya that is a kid that pretents that is grown up is what they can relate to.

If aging in Bleach is related to their mental maturity level, then Hitsugaya haven't progressed too much, while Renji really got ahead of himself XD
Old 2009-04-22, 04:58   Link #83
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:

Actually...I like his character.

Probably because he doesnt have issues (like I need to be better than this guy stuff...or you better not look down on me blah blah etc. ). He's confident and capable while not being elitist or arrogant.

Also hes pretty well rounded in his skill set right? He doesnt seem to have any obvious weaknesses and on paper all shinigami aspects are no less than respectable. The fact that his young and is captain adds to his badass...not that i have an urge to be him or anything...I just think that part is cool.

Of course I dont follow Bleach fandom so that fact that he has an army of fangirls doesnt influence my perspective of his character at all. I guess I dont suffer the everyone likes him so I want to be different affect.

The only thing that bothers me is...geez he gets pwned a lot doesnt he? With the majority of battles he comes through half dead...he seems like a punching bag for the bad guys to show off their stuff. Oh well...I guess its better than coming back from defeat with a hax power up.

Overall I still think hes cool.
Old 2009-04-22, 05:25   Link #84
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Actually...I like his character.

Probably because he doesnt have issues (like I need to be better than this guy stuff...or you better not look down on me blah blah etc. ). He's confident and capable while not being elitist or arrogant.

Also hes pretty well rounded in his skill set right? He doesnt seem to have any obvious weaknesses and on paper all shinigami aspects are no less than respectable. The fact that his young and is captain adds to his badass...not that i have an urge to be him or anything...I just think that part is cool.

Of course I dont follow Bleach fandom so that fact that he has an army of fangirls doesnt influence my perspective of his character at all. I guess I dont suffer the everyone likes him so I want to be different affect.

The only thing that bothers me is...geez he gets pwned a lot doesnt he? With the majority of battles he comes through half dead...he seems like a punching bag for the bad guys to show off their stuff. Oh well...I guess its better than coming back from defeat with a hax power up.

Overall I still think hes cool.
Actually his constant 'I'm captain! Captain Hitsugaya!' gets on my nerves

As you said he is being punched by everyone but he still wants to be called 'Captain'.

No one else bothers about it. Yes, Byakuya does wish he would be adressed more respectfully, especially from Ichigo, he has right. Since he is from noble family and is strong in comparison to Hitsugaya.

So at some point you can call him 'arrogant'...

Besides he is a KID how much he wouldn't protest. In human world he is about 13 and in sould society he is less than 100 years old.

He kinda reminds me of a spoiled child although he does have some good moments. For example when he was worried for Matsumoto in the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Maybe it's got something to do with his age and age of his fangirls. I always thouth that Bleach and such shounens are directed to kids in age of the protoginist and that is around 15-16 years old, and younger kids have only Hitsugaya to relate to. They would choose Yachiru, but she's not a captain and she acts her age instead of pretending to be older. Kids wants to grow up and maybe Hitsugaya that is a kid that pretents that is grown up is what they can relate to.

If aging in Bleach is related to their mental maturity level, then Hitsugaya haven't progressed too much, while Renji really got ahead of himself XD
I gues you are right since normal adult wouldn't call a kid hot
Old 2009-04-22, 05:52   Link #85
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The only good thing about Hitsugaya is the fact that his skills have been explained at a level almost as deep as Ichigo's. Being the captain with the most screen time and having used his bankai already, his battles have a small sense of tactics, unlike the unrefined "I R STRONGER!" kind that seems to be the case with others (see Renji...)
Old 2009-04-22, 06:02   Link #86
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Actually his constant 'I'm captain! Captain Hitsugaya!' gets on my nerves

As you said he is being punched by everyone but he still wants to be called 'Captain'.

No one else bothers about it. Yes, Byakuya does wish he would be adressed more respectfully, especially from Ichigo, he has right. Since he is from noble family and is strong in comparison to Hitsugaya.

So at some point you can call him 'arrogant'...

Besides he is a KID how much he wouldn't protest. In human world he is about 13 and in sould society he is less than 100 years old.

He kinda reminds me of a spoiled child although he does have some good moments. For example when he was worried for Matsumoto in the movie.
When does he constantly go one about being called captain? Is that in the anime fillers as well? I only read the manga.

Doesnt he just say that to Matsumoto and Momo? The ones hes closest to and the ones who keeps kidding around with him and referring to him as still a kid...?

Hes as much as a Captain as he is a kid so I dont see the problem with his request...I certainly dont find it annoying seeing as how I dont really notice it anyway. You cant deny he takes on responsibilities/opponents of a Captain and certainly gets the beatings...he deserves that title right?
Old 2009-04-22, 06:10   Link #87
kitten320

Quote:
When does he constantly go one about being called captain? Is that in the anime fillers as well? I only read the manga.

Doesnt he just say that to Matsumoto and Momo? The ones hes closest to and the ones who keeps kidding around with him and referring to him as still a kid...?

Hes as much as a Captain as he is a kid so I dont see the problem with his request...I certainly dont find it annoying seeing as how I dont really notice it anyway. You cant deny he takes on responsibilities/opponents of a Captain and certainly gets the beatings...he deserves that title right?
If I don't mistake he was telling the same thing to Ichigo.

Well he is a useless captain. He won number 11 by pure luck as he said himself. His strongest attack didn't do a thing to Lupi, fake six.

And now he wants to fight number 3? He is the biggest idiot out there and too far from being a geniuse.

Bykuya, Gin and Soi Fon are way smarter than him.

Besides if I remeber right he became captain thanks to Matsumoto who found him, he could be more thankful from time to time.

P.S. And I simply don't like children that is why he is not my fave, but isn't the reason for me being annoyed with him.
Old 2009-04-22, 06:18   Link #88
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

^ Well that fact that hes not a powerhouse is probably what makes him at least slightly interesting. Hes a reasonable candidate at actually defeating his opponents with tactics. Thats big plus for Bleach.

Heavens knows we dont need another powerup/transformation hax right now. With people like Ichigo you know hows its gonna go down before they even finish their stare off...
Old 2009-04-22, 06:22   Link #89
kitten320

Quote:
Well that fact that hes not a powerhouse is probably what makes him at least slightly interesting. Hes a reasonable candidate at actually defeating his opponents with tactics.

Heavens knows we dont need another powerup/transformation hax right now.
Big thanks for the fact that he isn't like Ichigo!
That really saves him!

I gues I hate him because of his annoying fanbase
Since they are all blind and put him higher in ranks where he definetly doesn't belong
And when they start to mumble some strange things which make him almost like god and makes others cool characters look like trash

Not all fans are like this! But the biggest part is!

As I said, make him less popular and I'll be fine with him
And don't allow him to own Halibel! Or it will make him as Ichigo (sudden power up) although in Hitsugaya's case it will be much more unreasoned than with Ichigo
Old 2009-04-22, 07:13   Link #90
Wolcik

Hitsugaya is consider a genius becuase he is captain after few years. Ichigo should be consider a super duper genius if that's the case.

Hitsugaya acts resposible and do his homework, but so do other captains, and they aren't so pissy about it (maybe excluding Shunsui). He gets irritated and starts shouting really fast, just call him "kid" or even without adding "captain" to his last name.

My fav captain is Zaraki but not just because of how strong he is. If you want a strategy then go watch Urahara or Mayuri fight.
Hitsugaya got owned by Aizen with one hit like Ichigo did, but Ichigo is the main protogonist and he can go even further with his strenght while Hitsugya will be the same puppy barking at the moon.

What I hate the most about Hitsugaya is that he is so popular because of his fanbase that he takes screen time from everyother captain and most characters. I rather have Chad get his power up sooner and fight off 11 arrancar instead of Hitsugaya. Kubo could show us characters that have still something to show, not just the same trick all over again. (Like Rukia with her shikai, you do it once it uber cool, you do it to everybody you face, it's lame)

EDIT- I just had a thought that strenght level in Bleach is very inconsistent.
At first Captains and VC had a huge gap between them, without mentioning Bankai. 3 VC knocked unconcious by Ichigo. Nanao faithing while facing Yama-ji.
Now VC are like a captains that dosn't know bankai. They can stand next to shikaing Yama-ji (Omaeda and Rangiku). They even fight espada's fraction that are stronger then 11+ arrancars that were almost too much for a captain. Hitsugaya might be the weakest captain, but he is a captain after all.
I also written on this forum that Espada suppose to be way to stronger than any captain. I understand that Mayuri and Byakuya deafeted their espada's because of the tricky strategies - but I think that the quickiest Espada should be even quickier than Yoruichi. It's that he could deafet Byakuya with just his speed alone without turning into human tomato.
The only one getting stronger is Ichigo while SS's good guys stay the same and evil guys become weaker.
It's like a game boss fight where boss has an 'X' on his weak spot so you can dodge and hit him there.

Last edited by Wolcik; 2009-04-22 at 07:29.
Old 2009-04-22, 07:26   Link #91
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Hitsugaya is consider a genius becuase he is captain after few years. Ichigo should be consider a super duper genius if that's the case.

Hitsugaya acts resposible and do his homework, but so do other captains, and they aren't so pissy about it (maybe excluding Shunsui). He gets irritated and starts shouting really fast, just call him "kid" or even without adding "captain" to his last name.

My fav captain is Zaraki but not just because of how strong he is. If you want a strategy then go watch Urahara or Mayuri fight.
Hitsugaya got owned by Aizen with one hit like Ichigo did, but Ichigo is the main protogonist and he can go even further with his strenght while Hitsugya will be the same puppy barking at the moon.

What I hate the most about Hitsugaya is that he is so popular because of his fanbase that he takes screen time from everyother captain and most characters. I rather have Chad get his power up sooner and fight off 11 arrancar instead of Hitsugaya. Kubo could show us characters that have still something to show, not just the same trick all over again. (Like Rukia with her shikai, you do it once it uber cool, you do it to everybody you face, it's lame)
Agreed! No one has ever called Ichigo a geniuese except maybe Urahara and Yoruichi in Save Rukia arc.

That's exactly what I tried to say

And yes he does steal the screentime all the time even now! Why couldn't Halibel fight Ukitake? We never saw Ukitake in action and he definetly would make much better opponent for her. Besides water against water will be interesting to watch, to see who is the better user
(Altough seeing how Halibel owned him is satisfying too. Hope he stays like this while Shunsui and soi Fon will show more and use their bankais later. )

Same goes to Shunsui and Soi Fon. Shunsui must be damn strong but we still haven't seen anything from him except that he is very fast. I hope vizards won't show up yet and that he and Soi Fon are just imitating right now.

Soi Fon also is showed very rare even though she is a strong captain and as we found out from her fight with Ggio Vega, she is more deadlier than she seemed at first since she doesn't really have to hit you twice in the same spot.

Komamura also should have had more screen time. I'm kinda suprised that he isn't popular since people always liked dogs.

Yamamoto also is a very dangerouse character but till now he also couldn't show much of his power...

And I want some Gin action!

so yeh... Hitsugaya is stealing almost all the screen time
Old 2009-04-22, 07:33   Link #92
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Spoiler:

Anyone has glue?
Old 2009-04-22, 08:01   Link #93
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Quote:

* Halibel's resureccion is called Tiburon (kanji means "empress shark") She becomes more exposed. Halibel's zanpaktou is Tiburon She becomes more exposed(Less clothes? ). Her right hand transforms and becomes sword-like. More of her mask near the mouth disappears.

* Halibel's right hand becomes integrated together with a swordlike object. The mask around her mouth is gone. Before resurreccion she uses a technique called "Projectile Azul" (kanji means "blue sword gun")

* Then it's Soi Fon who can't even make Barragan move one step using her attacks. Oomaeda says they should lift their limits, but because this was an emergency they weren't given the seals and therefore their limits were already lifted. Barragan takes a broadaxe from his seat.

* Finally, roughly the right half of hitsugaya's body is sliced off. The end.

Credits : Sheetz / (-)iveZero
Old 2009-04-22, 08:03   Link #94
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
I still don't get it. From what I've seen, Hitsugaya has been a candidate for one of the better Captains. Certainly far better than wolf man or blindy (I certainly wouldn't advocate Renji as one, bankai or no bankai). While I understand some might find his 'fangirls' irritating, I hardly see how that's a basis to hate on the poor guy. What, your girlfriend left you for the kid? :/

He's a captain mostly because of bankai. He achieved it at a young age. While he may be considered a genius, his age should be a clear sign that he's not even close to fulfilling his potential. Adding to that, it is clear he doesn't surpass the older Captains, and I find it completely normal that they're in a completely different league. Kubo isn't playing favorites, it's almost painfully obvious that he's trying to show that the kid has to use tactics in order to play in the big kid's playground. I believe he's been nominated captain mostly out of his potential and his reiatsu, as Ichimaru himself stated, the energy he displayed had a unique signature.

The chapter that featured him in his earlier days was there to show that he wasn't always driven. He didn't seem like a loner by choice either. Hell, his reiatsu would freeze nearby souls without him even realising it. No wonder he was always alone with a bleak outlook and a cold demeanour. (No pun intended)

I don't think Hitsugaya was ever arrogant, for one. He was shown as driven, serious and reliable, but never arrogant. Or is it just the drawing that gives off that impression? Heck, Ichigo has shown to be more arrogant than the white haired kid on a load of different occasions. Underestimating his enemies and looking down on them is an Ichigo trademark.

I'd like to understand where the hate is really coming from.
Old 2009-04-22, 08:18   Link #95
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
He's a captain mostly because of bankai. He achieved it at a young age. While he may be considered a genius, his age should be a clear sign that he's not even close to fulfilling his potential. Adding to that, it is clear he doesn't surpass the older Captains, and I find it completely normal that they're in a completely different league.
If to talk about age... don't forget that Bykuaya, Gin and Soi Fon are also very young so they can improve as well.

About Renji... no matter how much I like him but he definetly is too far from being a captain, I can agree there.

And about girlfriend leaveing for a kid... I'm girl myself
So it would bother me more if he was a girl

Now about the spoilers... Halibel is more exposed?
Is it even possible?
I don't even want to imagine how much anime will cenzure it

About the mask thingy... I didn't quiet understand... did it fully dissapear, showing her full face or only part of it?

I would like the part to stay, although I would like to see her face as well...

Damn! Knowing that she might get killed in this fight and that she won't show her mask again and.... Argh! I can't express myself
Old 2009-04-22, 08:32   Link #96
Wolcik

Better than Tousen and Komamura? Komamura lost only to Aizen and he owns everybody right now - I'm not so sure if Yamamoto can fight him. Tousen lost to Kenpachi because Kenpachi is mad - the fact that Tousen recovered so fast after his deafet and later on showed being badass ripping Grimjaws hand proves that he was holding back.

Hitsugaya is a kind playing in the big boy's playground and that makes the big boys angry. Hitsuagaya haters are I believe a little older than regular japanese audiance. It's just that he should know better that fighting 3rd Espada would get him cut at least in two pieces.

The hate begun when he came to human world just for his fangirls. This whole let's help Karakura town defence was fanservice idea, because after second attack Yamamoto said that SS is too weak without them and pull their forces back - like it wasn't a bad idea before.
Come on, Rangiku and Yumichaka training in real worl to achive their bankais Oo'
I like Ikkaku very much but if he'd got even more screen time I'd have to wonder. After seeing Renji being ridiculoused by anime so much I bearly like him and he used to be my fav VC.
Old 2009-04-22, 08:34   Link #97
Liwyn

Send a message via MSN to Liwyn
Ah mah gawd, I read most of what you guys have written, but since almost everything is about Hitsugaya I gave up on page 5! Talk about boring I'm really looking forward to a pic of Halibels release, tho... If anyone sees a lil' pic of it, don't be afraid to share! Remember to spoilertag tho
Old 2009-04-22, 08:37   Link #98
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liwyn View Post
Ah mah gawd, I read most of what you guys have written, but since almost everything is about Hitsugaya I gave up on page 5! Talk about boring I'm really looking forward to a pic of Halibels release, tho... If anyone sees a lil' pic of it, don't be afraid to share! Remember to spoilertag tho
Lol
It can always be posted here

I really want to see it
Old 2009-04-22, 08:44   Link #99
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

OMG. Hitsu got owned...and possibly killed. He's gonna need Inoue to heal him...otherwise he is f*ked....
Old 2009-04-22, 08:48   Link #100
Wolcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
OMG. Hitsu got owned...and possibly killed. He's gonna need Inoue to heal him...otherwise he is f*ked....
Both Inoue and Unohana are trapped in Hueco Muendo XD Unless he freazez himself back togheter he is doomed. He is more cut then the last time that Aizen cut him.

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion