Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-20, 23:20   Link #1321
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinMasaki View Post
What do you mean about re-releasing something? Are you talking about Tsukihime? It would be nice, but then we of the Tsukihime/Melty Blood fans lose out on almost all the Sacchin jokes because she would finally get a story.
Bawww for you then. =P
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 00:21   Link #1322
Seitsuki
Onee!

You lose your lulz but get more canon isn't that good enough? Tho "canon" is gonna be debatable as always.
No wait, you could say "Isn't it nice Sa--" bahhhh sounds crap. xD
Old 2009-05-28, 20:18   Link #1323
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

After taking a two week break in order to wind down from UBW and picking up a couple of series in the other two weeks, I finally finished Heaven's Feel.

Yes, after 88 hours and 16 minutes, I have finally experienced all the game has to offer.
Truly it was an amazing journey.

Here are my previous posts from Fate and Unlimited Blade Works.
So here are my thoughts on the final route of Fate/Stay Night, Heaven's Feel:

Favorite Scenes:
Day 6 - Matou Sakura III - Shirou remembering giving Sakura a key to his house. The scene that finally got me to warm up to Sakura a little.
Day 7 - Shocking Mapo Tofu - For some reason, I like this scene. I'm a Kotomine fan at heart and this scene shows a little bit of his lighter side. For someone who can't find happiness he sure likes eating that tofu. "...You want some?" "NO!!!"
Day 8 - Last Swordsman - Saber refuses to back down at against True Assassin. Slicing off his arm was epic.
Day 8 - True Assassin vs. Rider - Major asskicking. The image of Assassin being thrown around a room with a chain and then thrown out the temple and down the steps is very amusing.
Day 8 - Parting and oath - Poor Saber-san
Day 9 - Superhero - BAD END. I like it because Shirou remains true to his ideals. Also the sad smile that Ilya makes.
Day 15 - Battle in the Forest - First Half - Overload - Kotomine defeating True Assassin and exorcising the hell out of Zouken. Who says a fake priest can't use holy words?
Day 15 - Nine Bullet Revolver - Shirou takes a level in badass and turns it up to 11. Nine Lives Blade Works.
Day 16 - Shirou vs. Saber - BAD END. Shirou turns his badassery level up too high and perishes as a result.
Day 16 - Oath - Bellaphon and Rho Aius vs. Dark Excalibur. Epic.
Day 16 - I'll forget about you - Baaaawww! Saber-san!!!!
Day 16 - Gem Sword Zelretch - You know the battle between Rider and Dark Saber? Times its epicness by 20 and you might get close to how awesome this scene is.
Day 16 - All the good in this life - Shirou vs. Kotomine.
Epilogue - At the end of a miracle - Awwww. Rin is right, they are invincible.

Musings:
Poor Assassin. Poor Caster. Poor Lancer. Poor Archer. Poor Gilgamesh. They just eliminated all those servants so quickly.
Oh, sorry Sakura. I choose not to make an extra side dish for breakfast so it looks like we won't be doing your route after all!
Ilya is lovely. She brightens my day.
Serious Rin is serious. No time for shenanigans Shirou, I got a sister to kill.
Yandere Sakura..... eh.
Shirou losing his memories slowly because of the arm was a nice touch.

Overall:
Ok, so Sakura got about zero development in the first two routes. So unlike Rin, who was in Fate, I didn't have an attachment to her from the start. I have to admit, I wasn't really feeling it for most of the route. Sure there was that scene I pointed out (Matou Sakura III), but that was just one thing. She did win me over *some* with her devotion toward Shirou. I didn't really start liking her until the finale. Much like Rin, I found myself incapable of hating her (coincidentally, this was around SistersVII). Now that I like her in the end, her scenes from previously were instantly viewed much better. So yes, I did like this route. I like it a lot.
Finale of this route was beyond epic (If you can't tell from my list). It finally allowed me to understand the workings of the Grail War so that all the loose ends in the previous routes suddenly make a whole lot of sense.
Grand Finale was good with everyone "All grown up". Everyone really is super powered.

So in Grand Conclusion, Fate/Stay Night is an excellent game. A++++, 110/100, will do business with again. At the end of the grand finale, I actually started clapping. Coming from me, that's a big compliment.

Questions:
As of the moment, I can't think of any questions for this route. Everything seemed to make sense for once.
There is one though.

In UBW, what is with Gilgamesh and that vortex?

Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta go see a guy named Tomoya about collecting enough lights to alter the space-time continuum.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend

Last edited by swtrooper42; 2009-05-29 at 06:31.
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 21:09   Link #1324
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Someone on this forum liked Heaven's Feel? 0_o

Lies. That's impossible.
Old 2009-05-28, 21:11   Link #1325
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I do like Dark Saber's art, though.
Old 2009-05-30, 23:32   Link #1326
Seitsuki
Onee!

HF isn't BAD. It's just... not the best (imo.)
Old 2009-06-01, 17:22   Link #1327
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I've always been a UBW person, but I can't deny that HF was a good route. I liked it more than Fate even though Fate has some of the best scenes of Saber (and she is one of my favorite characters), but Shirou in that route effectively killed my interest for the most part.

What I find people complaining most about HF is that they just hate Sakura, there are plotholes(Honestly, I can't recall any), or that too many servants get killed off quickly.

I'd agree with servants being killed off fast as that did dissapoint me a little, but it makes room for more elements (like more Rider) and I found Saber to be a little more endearing in this route compared to the others. Also HF has the most Rin ownage out of any route in my opinion. While I don't like Sakura too much I found that her struggle was one of, if not the most, heartwrenching struggle out of all the routes.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 17:39   Link #1328
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

I haven't played the routes, but if the same events don't play out in HF, like the characters struggling against Berserker, for instance, how can they develop the same closeness? It's not like just sitting around chatting at home can give you the same intense experiences that you would've had if they had gone through those battles like they did in the Fate route.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 17:41   Link #1329
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
I haven't played the routes, but if the same events don't play out in HF, like the characters struggling against Berserker, for instance, how can they develop the same closeness? It's not like just sitting around chatting at home can give you the same intense experiences that you would've had if they had gone through those battles like they did in the Fate route.
Okay, see.

Maybe you should play the game so you know what you're talking about.

I don't mean to be rude, but... >_>

All the routes are very different and have very different events and character relationships, though Fate and UBW are more similar to each other than they are to HF.

HF is a lot more like Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai, theme and content-wise.
Old 2009-06-01, 20:33   Link #1330
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

It's not exactly easy to acquire the game.
Old 2009-06-01, 20:37   Link #1331
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, for condensed versions of each route, refer to the various medium. Anime went with Fate, manga went with UBW.
Old 2009-06-01, 20:38   Link #1332
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Yeah, I'm reading the manga, and watched the anime. Good stuff.
Old 2009-06-01, 20:45   Link #1333
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Personally, I wouldn't mind a F/SN novel series, with each route (Fate, HF, UBW) and each end included. Reminds me of those Lone Wolf gamebooks.

And yes, my dream of seeing Saber vs. Dark Saber would remain that: a dream.
Old 2009-06-02, 05:39   Link #1334
rastilin

Quote:
Yeah, I'm reading the manga, and watched the anime. Good stuff.
Desist immediately. The manga is terrible and will ruin the story for you for all time. Really, you'd be surprised how little I'm joking.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 05:40   Link #1335
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The UBW gets chopped up badly in there, huh?
Old 2009-06-04, 03:35   Link #1336
Seitsuki
Onee!

The anime is also kinda like someone chucked the 3 routes in a pot and made a Fate themed stew, tho I'm not saying it's bad. Seriously if you look around the game isn't THAT hard to find, then you can grab the Eng patch off our good friends at Mirror moon.

Personally I like HF cos it shows how awesome Iriya is but that's it really. (ya I'm not a Sakura fan... sorry, I just can't make myself like her ><)

Quote:
I found Saber to be a little more endearing in this route compared to the others.
Saber turns evil, eeevil. Does that make her endearing to you?.. (Fine of it wasn't for the weird things on her face I'd almost agree)
Old 2009-06-04, 16:32   Link #1337
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
Personally I like HF cos it shows how awesome Iriya is but that's it really. (ya I'm not a Sakura fan... sorry, I just can't make myself like her ><)
Pretty sure it's "Ilya". She IS from Europe, after all.
Old 2009-06-04, 19:09   Link #1338
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
Saber turns evil, eeevil. Does that make her endearing to you?.. (Fine of it wasn't for the weird things on her face I'd almost agree)
It's the mental image of these two sides of her clashing against each other. (I know that never happens in canon. Still, I can dream, can't I?)
Old 2009-06-04, 19:19   Link #1339
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastilin View Post
Desist immediately. The manga is terrible and will ruin the story for you for all time. Really, you'd be surprised how little I'm joking.
It was the manga that got me into the series to begin with. I needed something new to read and saw it there, then I finished all that was out at the time (two volumes) and HUNGERED for more. But there was nothing. So I got the anime... and then after the anime, found out about the game, and so on. It probably isn't as good as the real thing though.
Old 2009-06-04, 23:58   Link #1340
rastilin

Quote:
It was the manga that got me into the series to begin with. I needed something new to read and saw it there, then I finished all that was out at the time (two volumes) and HUNGERED for more. But there was nothing. So I got the anime... and then after the anime, found out about the game, and so on. It probably isn't as good as the real thing though.
Yes, me too. But the quality will drop off sharply over time.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel