AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-13, 20:32   Link #81
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I am pretty sad this is associated with K-ON in anyway (I abhor that series for personal reasons) because this seems to be set on a different standard and caliber. I personally fail to see any resemblance between the two plot wise after reading some description. Either way, this should be a wonderful watch.
As far as I know, I didn't see anyone comparing plot wise considering this hasn't aired yet.
I believe the comparsions are purely at face value. We have some rather moe girls here with musical instruments which if one likes it or not, does bare a similarity with K-ON and as stated before, one girl even looks pretty much identical to Mugi-chan.
As it stands K-ON would probably be the best suited show to comapre it with as far as I see.

Well I really don't care much for comparisons even if I make em myself, its just a little something to talk about while we wait
Old 2009-12-14, 10:45   Link #82
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
As far as I know, I didn't see anyone comparing plot wise considering this hasn't aired yet.
I believe the comparsions are purely at face value. We have some rather moe girls here with musical instruments which if one likes it or not, does bare a similarity with K-ON and as stated before, one girl even looks pretty much identical to Mugi-chan.
Calling the girls "moe" based on only their character designs and a few seconds of footage is about as big an assumption as conjecturing about the plot based on information on the official site and the tone of the trailer. If you're going to compare it to K-On! because it has girls and instruments, why can't others compare it to other anime because it has girls and war?

Or of course we could not compare it to anything but it's kind of inevitable... :\
Old 2009-12-14, 16:25   Link #83
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Calling the girls "moe" based on only their character designs and a few seconds of footage is about as big an assumption as conjecturing about the plot based on information on the official site and the tone of the trailer. If you're going to compare it to K-On! because it has girls and instruments, why can't others compare it to other anime because it has girls and war?

Or of course we could not compare it to anything but it's kind of inevitable... :\
Sorry if I wasn't clear on this but I never said one couldn't make comparisons to other series other than K-ON, if I recall someone made one with Strikewitches which I can understand.
Thats why I said "purely at face value" which I find no harm in people doing so with that in mind, at this stage.

We can all shout Bloody Mary later on when it airs, if comparisons don't actually make sense
Old 2009-12-14, 21:20   Link #84
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
maybe its "moe guro dance", where our moe heroes brutally shot some people to death, chopping their heads off, or even drive a tank & ram the enemy with it until they're pancakes
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 21:42   Link #85
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
maybe its "moe guro dance", where our moe heroes brutally shot some people to death, chopping their heads off, or even drive a tank & ram the enemy with it until they're pancakes
So are you saying that the horn is for more than just playing....

Rifles...

I think it's better to discuss K-On! and this title.
Old 2009-12-14, 21:45   Link #86
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

There could always NOT be a moe dance. That would be a nice change.
Old 2009-12-14, 22:00   Link #87
Midonin
Last Engage

Dances haven't been as present since the Fall Dance Season of 2008 (which was only about a year ago, but still). I was debating more on the ideological ground of the reaction to "moe" more than anything.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 08:42   Link #88
KrebMarkt
Never do well

First CM with subs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTbJbHCSUUE&NR=1

Can anyone confirm the "mecha designer" part ?

I feel it like a cross between Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō and Ki-on. Something bitter sweet and moe. A "We are screwed so make the end glorious" like show.

Music to my sorrow.

Edit: CM 2 with subs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doacL...eature=related

Last edited by KrebMarkt; 2009-12-15 at 12:58. Reason: expand
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 09:15   Link #89
Roardel

I read Sorawoto manga episode 1. And I thought Sorawoto and K-ON aren’t alike each other.
Sorawoto is more “story manga” than K-ON.

Anyway, I like this series.
Lovely Kanata, cool Rio (what a boyish name!). And attractive background.
I can’t wait until 4th January.
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 13:53   Link #90
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roardel View Post
I read Sorawoto manga episode 1. And I thought Sorawoto and K-ON aren’t alike each other.
Sorawoto is more “story manga” than K-ON.

Anyway, I like this series.
Lovely Kanata, cool Rio (what a boyish name!). And attractive background.
I can’t wait until 4th January.
The first chapter is out? Where?
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 17:32   Link #91
Roardel

Monthly Comic Dengeki Daiou

http://daioh.dengeki.com/thismonth/index.html
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 18:48   Link #92
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:

Those character designs look
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 06:29   Link #93
Riful
Of The West

Quote:
cool Rio (what a boyish name!)
actually Rio is among the most popular female names in Japan right now ^^

Looking forward to this series, it does look promising.
Riful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 13:57   Link #94
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, those trailers make it look stunning and fantastic.
Old 2009-12-18, 17:16   Link #95
TCman

Just watched the promos and trailers of So-Ra-No-Wo-To. Many said that the character design is close to K-On!, but in my opinion it's closer to the character/facial design in Kannagi (- Crazy Shrine Maidens) whether it's the animation style/quality or small things like fingers, hair(style) etc. etc..

I think this anime series is very promising since it's directed by Mamoru Kanbe who has worked on several wellknown anime, e.g. Cardcaptor Sakura, Ichigo Mashimaro, Elfenlied, Baccano!, and the recent Denpa teki na Kanojo (OAV).

And the story sounds interesting: "The story of the anime is set in the future on a land that, after being devastated by long-lasting wars, has settled into quiet decline. Model and actress Juri Aikawa will play Kanata Kumika, a 15-year-old girl who fulfills her dream of enlisting in the army and joins a unit of five girls who protect a fortress. The girls also play music that reverberate across the skies over towns without people and seas without fish. " (source: ANN)
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 16:14   Link #96
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I just love how it's obviously Oshima Michiru doin the music for this one. The piece used in the promo screams out her style.

Am very much looking forward to this show. Going by the summary and that promo, it easily has the chances of being a personal favorite from the upcoming season.
Old 2009-12-21, 19:38   Link #97
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCman View Post
Just watched the promos and trailers of So-Ra-No-Wo-To. Many said that the character design is close to K-On!, but in my opinion it's closer to the character/facial design in Kannagi (- Crazy Shrine Maidens) whether it's the animation style/quality or small things like fingers, hair(style) etc. etc..
Well Kannagi was directed by the same guy that did Lucky Star (which imo were the root of the "softer" look), Yutaka Yamamoto, so it's really not that big of a reach at all. Ultimately I think it's just a product of the animators they have, their style and such. It could be the darkest anime ever and still have the moe look.

On an amusing note I noticed one of the characters is actually named Kannagi.
Old 2009-12-24, 23:24   Link #98
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCman View Post

I think this anime series is very promising since it's directed by Mamoru Kanbe who has worked on several wellknown anime, e.g. Cardcaptor Sakura, Ichigo Mashimaro, Elfenlied, Baccano!, and the recent Denpa teki na Kanojo (OAV).

And the story sounds interesting: "The story of the anime is set in the future on a land that, after being devastated by long-lasting wars, has settled into quiet decline. Model and actress Juri Aikawa will play Kanata Kumika, a 15-year-old girl who fulfills her dream of enlisting in the army and joins a unit of five girls who protect a fortress. The girls also play music that reverberate across the skies over towns without people and seas without fish. " (source: ANN)
Sounds like Yokohama Shopping Log, with the 'world in quiet decline' part, if it can do a good job capturing the same kind of atmosphere I think it'll have me hooked. The trailer looks promising, definitely looking forward to it, winter season is looking much better than I'd expected.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 02:52   Link #99
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Consider me throughly impressed by the PV. Yes it gives me a very big Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko feeling with the setting (just with more people actually about).

Of course, learning that Kanabe Mamoru of Elfen Lied directorial fame (or infamy?) with Kitamura Eri and Kobayashi Yuu as part of the voice cast, this show just got booted to my "Must Watch" list for the next season.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 18:04   Link #100
Kunagisa

You can preview the screen caps of episode 1 one here for those who wants first glimpse asap.

A few wallpaper worthy picture. I've attached a few random ones.

Spoiler for size:
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, music, seinen, slice of life