AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-25, 11:53   Link #1481
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
There's a new song for Goku's appearance too, and it's pretty awesome!

Can't wait for episode 42, it's gonna be epic!!
Yeah some really nice music from that episode. Vegeta's power-up gets a nice tune and so did the restoration of Goku. Episode really showed how powerless everyone was against Freeza. Vegeta can't touch him and everyone there is just frozen in terror.
Old 2010-01-25, 12:13   Link #1482
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Oh I liked Goku's revival theme and all...but why was "SUPA ROBOTO!" in the lyrics part way through? XD

Finally Goku is back to kick ass, can't wait til he goes SS!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 19:31   Link #1483
Vicious108

The music was pretty amazing in this episode. All of it, not just the two new vocal themes. Made Vegeta's despair and hopelessness even more impactful.

And I guess Goku's theme in this episode might be used for his SSJ transformation as well.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 20:49   Link #1484
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
The music was pretty amazing in this episode. All of it, not just the two new vocal themes. Made Vegeta's despair and hopelessness even more impactful.

And I guess Goku's theme in this episode might be used for his SSJ transformation as well.
I wouldn't mind, I really enjoyed Goku's new theme song for Kai, it got me pumped

One of my favorite episodes is less then a week away, so I can't wait.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 06:49   Link #1485
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I really wouldn't be surprised if it is. Good piece of music.

The music placement from when Vegeta gave up the will to fight was seriously, seriously good. I've loved the piece that was used when Freeza began his attack, and it was especially fitting for that scene. It was very emotional, and brought me to tears at the sight of Vegeta's destruction.

So anyone want to guess at what episode Goku will go SS?
Old 2010-01-26, 08:12   Link #1486
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Which was what I predicted a few pages.

For those who are unaware, those songs are already available in the Dragonball Kai Character Song collection, Theme of Freeza and Super Dragon Soul.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 14:06   Link #1487
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
So anyone want to guess at what episode Goku will go SS?
I believe that Goku is going to start fighting Freeza at episode 43. Their fight in the original Z series lasted 19 episodes. Out of those 19, the first 9 were Goku fighting in base form. At the end of the 9th episode, he turns into a SS. Since the average Kai episode seems to cover roughly 2 Z episodes at least, I'd say we can expect Goku to go SS at the end of episode 46.
Old 2010-01-26, 14:49   Link #1488
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I believe that Goku is going to start fighting Freeza at episode 43. Their fight in the original Z series lasted 19 episodes. Out of those 19, the first 9 were Goku fighting in base form. At the end of the 9th episode, he turns into a SS. Since the average Kai episode seems to cover roughly 2 Z episodes at least, I'd say we can expect Goku to go SS at the end of episode 46.
Actually the fight start in the next episode (as seen in the preview) anyway I'm going for episode 45, if only because with episode 46 you would only have four episodes for the entire SSJ fight plus everyone getting revived and finding out Goku is alive, which doesn't seem doable, even if its Kai.
Old 2010-01-26, 14:52   Link #1489
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Do they still use the same, Opening song.....?

I stopped somewhere around 20+ episodes.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 14:59   Link #1490
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Do they still use the same, Opening song.....?
Same opening song, slightly different animation.
Old 2010-01-26, 15:04   Link #1491
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Actually the fight start in the next episode (as seen in the preview) anyway I'm going for episode 45, if only because with episode 46 you would only have four episodes for the entire SSJ fight plus everyone getting revived and finding out Goku is alive, which doesn't seem doable, even if its Kai.
Goku does not start fighting Freeza in the next episode. All he does is kick him once in the face and deflect some ki blasts. The central focus of the episode is going to be about Vegeta explaining his past and dying at the very end. After that (which by the looks of the preview will be the following episode (43)), the fight truly begins. And nothing was ever said about Kai being 50 episodes.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2010-01-26 at 15:34.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 15:35   Link #1492
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
If we don't see any of the filler material (which i highly doubt it with Kai's track record), then yeah i agree we should see it at episode 46.

Quote:
After that, the fight truly begins. And nothing was ever said about Kai being 50 episodes.
True, though it's the total DVD count that adds upto 50 episodes. Still that doesn't mean it won't continue, just that the DVD's for Kai will end then. Who knows what might happen after, i mean it might go under a new title, and the recut will continue.
Old 2010-01-26, 16:21   Link #1493
Blaat

Quote:
Goku does not start fighting Freeza in the next episode. All he does is kick him once in the face and deflect some ki blasts. The central focus of the episode is going to be about Vegeta explaining his past and dying at the very end. After that (which by the looks of the preview will be the following episode (43)), the fight truly begins. And nothing was ever said about Kai being 50 episodes.
Haven't we done this before?

Jokes aside, I assumed that Goku kicking Frieza, as seen in the preview, wasn't from Vegeta's funeral episode. I was wrong with that one.

As for the DVDs I have to agree with Shiroth. Although I have to add the DVD count confirms, at least, that the Frieza arc will end at episode 50 because the last DVD only has two episodes (49 and 50) while all the other DVDs (with the exception of the first one) has three episodes. If the Frieza arc ends at episode 51 then they would have added that episode on the final DVD. You can see the DVD count here (click on the link with the 5 star Dragon ball

Anyway if the fight starts in episode 43 then the SSJ will definitely be in episode 46, if not then I'll stick with episode 45. I don't remember much of the Goku vs Frieza fight so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up being wrong.
Old 2010-01-26, 17:45   Link #1494
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
As for the DVDs I have to agree with Shiroth. Although I have to add the DVD count confirms, at least, that the Frieza arc will end at episode 50 because the last DVD only has two episodes (49 and 50) while all the other DVDs (with the exception of the first one) has three episodes. If the Frieza arc ends at episode 51 then they would have added that episode on the final DVD. You can see the DVD count here (click on the link with the 5 star Dragon ball
I took a look at the link. The episodes that we're watching right now are going to be released much later on in the year. It seems like Toei made this DVD count a while back, so I won't be surprised if it's subjected to any changes because they probably didn't know exactly at the time how many episodes the Freeza arc would last.
Old 2010-01-30, 00:59   Link #1495
Alchemist007
*Author

Crab eating!

Seriously the ep was kick ass.
Old 2010-01-31, 04:59   Link #1496
Blaat

Well I was wrong, they did spend an entire episode on Vegeta's dead, they've even included the (filler) flashbacks. Bummer.

And no they didn't use a new music track with Vegeta's dead.
Old 2010-01-31, 05:13   Link #1497
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
And no they didn't use a new music track with Vegeta's dead.
Which track did they use?
Old 2010-01-31, 14:12   Link #1498
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Which track did they use?
They played the usual song for whenever someone dies. However, right after Vegeta dies, a new musical track plays (which was very good, by the way) when King Kai is reflecting on the life Vegeta lived and the kind of person he truly was.

And Ryo Horikawa deserves a round of applause for his performance in this episode. The emotion he put into his voice made Vegeta's last words very sad and powerful. This is a scene that definitely tops the original.
Old 2010-01-31, 14:28   Link #1499
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
This is a scene that definitely tops the original.
Oh my, oh my. I seriously can't wait to see this for myself.

Had a feeling they'd use the usual piece for a death scene, though glad to hear there's at least one new piece. Can't wait for it.
Old 2010-01-31, 16:24   Link #1500
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I just wished they would have remastered the original Dragon Ball-series.
I mean I love DBZ for nostalgic reasons, and back then the anime was something important and influential to the "industry"...but from a modern point of view, to be honest, DBZ is just bad, whereas DB is a timeless classic that has more humour and a much greater sense of adventure.