AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-06-03, 20:50   Link #21
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I finally checked the first episode... I was pretty skeptical when I read all the replies in this thread... I was thinking that this would be a really shitty anime about cooking...

but... surprisingly, I enjoyed the first episode... the main character is my favorite character type... the reluctant, lazy hero... I never checked a cooking show before... but I'll be watchin this as the eps get released...
Old 2004-06-03, 21:04   Link #22
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Heh. Looks like this is turning into the official Animesuki thread

But indeed, the first episode was great. We can only hope ANBU will stick with it.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-05, 00:49   Link #23
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
I liked it too, though it DOES remind me of a sports anime. ^_^ The difference is I get to learn something about good food.

The angler fish liver was interesting, I wonder how pricey that dish is? They mentioned in the anime that it's served as a drinking appetizer, but that doesn't mean it's not expensive. -_-

BTW the nerd in me has to point out that gold can be poisonous in large amounts, leading to a skin-coloring condition called Chrysiasis. I hear it looks similar to a silver overdose called argyria. It might sound silly but the most interesting pictures and article about this is at rotten.com: http://www.rotten.com/library/medici...ckery/argyria/.

The tippler in me must also point out that Goldschlager tastes like cinnamon and nothing else. Most people I've noticed order it are the kind who hate the taste of alcohol.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-05, 01:50   Link #24
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Heh. Looks like this is turning into the official Animesuki thread

But indeed, the first episode was great. We can only hope ANBU will stick with it.
a) Any thread that asks for general discussion of a series should be the only (or "official") discussion thread. The new thread index was put together to make it easier to find and use the existing threads or make new ones when the situation calls for one.

b) Depends on what you mean by stick with it. I think this ran for 3 1/2 years! The manga is probably still going...

I will watch as much as ANBU is willing to do and I am glad to see older series anytime, for curiosity's sake if nothing else. On the other hand a little probably goes a long way. Unless a certain pair of cultural department staffers are hearing wedding bells (and I hope to hell that never happens), I can't imagine that there is much more to this than "foodie" stuff, which is more fun to do than watch.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 02:06   Link #25
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Lol, this is a really cool series. ^^ Me so impressed when they were having the tempura duel. ^^;;
Spoiler for Yamaoka's dad screenshot:

I swear he looks more like a yakuza boss.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 03:13   Link #26
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I liked the second episode as well... it continues the general feel of this show... they seem so passionate about food... even down to the sound of the frying...

and about the main character's dad... he does look pretty evil for a gourmet of fine dishes... he even has a maniacal laugh...

edit: tempura is my favorite Japanese dish... I know it's just appetizers for most of you... but that stuff is friggin awesome!

Last edited by Prince of Chronics; 2004-07-15 at 04:48.
Prince of Chronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 03:37   Link #27
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Damn this show. >_< now I have this urge to learn to cook ebi tempura. it looks so delicious, it makes me hungry just thinking about it. ~_~
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 00:22   Link #28
LArSON
leecher wannabe

Send a message via Yahoo to LArSON
Man, this series it's 136 episodes long... Oh, well 134 to go.
I wonder, if ANBU releases one episode a month, how long will pass till we've seen all the series... 10...11 years?
LArSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 16:39   Link #29
SlugZilla
woofles

The manga has been running for a long time, it has about 90 volumes
I'd go nuts reading all that.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 23:30   Link #30
giga.s

Unlike the manga, the explanation of the sound isn't being given with an anime.

It is "As the bubble of the oil which wraps around tempura is becoming small gradually, the sound that a bubble bursts rises, a capable craftsman judges suitable flown condition by that sound unconsciously." by the manga
giga.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-17, 01:05   Link #31
giga.s

After that, lunch was tempura. ('q')uma---,
giga.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 15:16   Link #32
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Heh, I love this show. I showed my gf the tempura scene and afterwards she dragged me to the Japanese restaurant for tempura (Fu Fu Fu).
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 02:20   Link #33
fuz_mind

has this show been dropped by ANBU?
fuz_mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 01:46   Link #34
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

They're just taking their time. If you want to see it faster, I would suggest that you learn about this.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 02:56   Link #35
lamer_de

Well, crustol , who was the translator for the show, quit fansubbing, and I'm not too sure if other ANBU translators (if they have any) have much interest in this show. We can only hope :P

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-12-13, 05:08   Link #36
Bullsquat
Strange Love

First Yakitate, now this. I think I'm going to checkout every cooking anime from now on.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 10:16   Link #37
fuz_mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
They're just taking their time. If you want to see it faster, I would suggest that you learn about this.

that was nasty.

i only posted that question because it was no longer listed as a project on the ANBU website. it has nothing to do with patience.
Old 2004-12-13, 10:18   Link #38
fuz_mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamer_de
Well, crustol , who was the translator for the show, quit fansubbing, and I'm not too sure if other ANBU translators (if they have any) have much interest in this show. We can only hope :P

CU,
lamer_de

that explains it. thanks for the info. at least ur reply was informative.
Old 2005-12-29, 13:19   Link #39
hananokoi
astro boy

where can i find the d/l?

is oishinbo similar to mr.ajikko?
hananokoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 18:27   Link #40
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I don't know. What is Mr. Ajikko? Oishinbo is the story of a food critic attempting to discover the ultimate and most creative menu.

Sadly there is no longer a torrent for this show. Shame. It was only subbed up to episode 2 and I suspect that ANBU has since dropped it. I don't know if any other groups have any interest in subbing this. Unfortunately.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food