AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-12-27, 22:08   Link #11641
corefire

if DEM has a spirt prisoner then why havnt thay Inversed it yet? i dout thay would be able much less contain a Inverse spirt.
corefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 22:52   Link #11642
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by corefire View Post
if DEM has a spirt prisoner then why havnt thay Inversed it yet? i dout thay would be able much less contain a Inverse spirt.
the real question is if they have a spirit prisoner why were they so desperate to capture Tohka

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 01:07   Link #11643
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
the real question is if they have a spirit prisoner why were they so desperate to capture Tohka
My guess is that the other spirit is dying from being drained of so much of her mana to power their suits. Tohka has a massive supply in her natural state which is what makes her valuable.
Old 2014-12-28, 02:30   Link #11644
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by corefire View Post
They might have inversed her already. Isaac's way of talking when he saw Tohka's inverse form seemed to imply that it might not have been the first time he's seen an inverse. As for containing her, since we can't guess what her personality would be after inverse, since Tohka and Origami's personalities after inversing were so different, there could be ways they're tricking her to stay in one place.

Quote:
Isaac's plan to use Shidou to inverse the other spirits means whatever he has planned, it should require inversing more than one spirit. It might mean his plan could require him inversing all of the spirits. It's hard to tell since his end goal and motives aren't all that clear yet.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 16:43   Link #11645
tuckersister

I still think the DEM spirit prisoner is Shidou's mom.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 17:23   Link #11646
Wandering Soul

Quote:
They most likely need to inverse more then one spirit. That's assuming that they have even gotten the spirit already that they already captured to go inverse.
Old 2014-12-28, 17:31   Link #11647
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Reine being Phantom/Shidou's mum is a popular theory.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 12:40   Link #11648
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
there is a good chance of that. At the very least Phantom is almost without a doubt Shidou's mother based on Phantom's interactions with Shidou in the latest volume. I have some doubts about Reine being his mother though. Though I do think she could be acting through Reine from wherever she is imprisoned by DEM. Basically Reine is being a host to her since she can't otherwise interact with the world.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2014-12-29 at 13:05.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 07:55   Link #11649
Jonas Down

I'm sorry to be writing this now, but does somebody have the short stories of: Tengou contest festival, Miku on stage and Mana research? I remember a few months ago they summed up these stories somewhere and I left them to read afterwards, nonethless I forgot and that's why I'm asking again, thanks. By the way Mayuri Judgment this upcoming summer, guess everyone here knows though
Jonas Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 22:11   Link #11650
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Down View Post
I'm sorry to be writing this now, but does somebody have the short stories of: Tengou contest festival, Miku on stage and Mana research? I remember a few months ago they summed up these stories somewhere and I left them to read afterwards, nonethless I forgot and that's why I'm asking again, thanks. By the way Mayuri Judgment this upcoming summer, guess everyone here knows though
I don't know about this short story but, the links to the other two are here.
Spoiler for :
Old 2015-01-07, 07:04   Link #11651
Estzero1

Here is the last one

Mana Research

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 16:52   Link #11652
Jonas Down

Thanks everyone I'm relieved finally after searching a lot, the best option was asking instead of wasting time xD
Jonas Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 17:35   Link #11653
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Still waiting for Natsumi Teaching, as usual.....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 03:19   Link #11654
AKAAkira
Bookmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
The spirits all have Japanese names, despite the fact that Japan is not the only place affected by Space Quakes, it's not even the first place.

Tokyo, the most hazardous city in the world, attacked by giant monsters, aliens or giant alien monsters at least once a week, and totally dependant on teenagers and little girls in funny outfits to save the day, and not even get paid, in complete violation of labour laws regarding minimum age of employment and wages.
I want to take this tangent and note that, in-story, it makes complete sense for all the spirits met so far to have Japanese names.

Taking Tohka's initial expositions at face value, Spirits were probably created nameless and don't receive one unless someone bestows one on them or they take one for themselves (like how Shidou did for Tohka and, as someone else pointed out, like how the Yamai sisters were given their last name by Reine). I think it can be presumed from the data AST/Ratatoskr had on Princess, Hermit, and Berserk that the most common culture that they appeared in was Japan (and I believe it was mentioned somewhere that Tenguu City was one of the most common places on Earth for spacequakes to occur); as such, the odds are actually pretty good that when these Spirits took on a name, it happened in Japan or was influenced by the Japanese language.

I suppose the only question, then, is who were given names and who took on names for themselves. I think Kurumi is the latter; having the last name "Tokisaki" as a reference to her power over time seems like something only she could and would do. Yoshino, though, I think somebody gave her that name. For one thing, it's just that one name she has, so it's plausible somebody gave it to her as a nickname; and for another, now that I've typed all this out, I'm starting to suspect that her handpuppet wasn't her own originally either, as in somebody gave it to her as a present before it developed its own personality.

Hm. New fanfic idea.

Edit: Welp, looks like I might be mistaken on that "most common appearance in Japan" thing, now that I went back a few pages and read that quote about how Berserk appears all over the world. Still, I'm pretty sure about that Tenguu City thing, and both Tohka and Yoshino appeared in Japan multiple times in a short period of time, and judging from the name "Yamai" Kaguya and Yuzuru's original form already knew of Japanese before she split and had to rename herselves. (Then Kaguya goes and gets into German instead...)

Last edited by AKAAkira; 2015-01-10 at 03:46.
AKAAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 03:40   Link #11655
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

Maybe the personality wasn't from her but from the one who gave it to her.
Old 2015-01-10, 03:42   Link #11656
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAAkira View Post
I want to take this tangent and note that, in-story, it makes complete sense for all the spirits met so far to have Japanese names.

Taking Tohka's initial expositions at face value, Spirits were probably created nameless and don't receive one unless someone bestows one on them or they take one for themselves (like how Shidou did for Tohka and, as someone else pointed out, like how the Yamai sisters were given their last name by Reine). I think it can be presumed from the data AST/Ratatoskr had on Princess, Hermit, and Berserk that the most common culture that they appeared in was Japan (and I believe it was mentioned somewhere that Tenguu City was one of the most common places on Earth for spacequakes to occur); as such, the odds are actually pretty good that when these Spirits took on a name, it happened in Japan or was influenced by the Japanese language.

I suppose the only question, then, is who were given names and who took on names for themselves. I think Kurumi is the latter; having the last name "Tokisaki" as a reference to her power over time seems like something only she could and would do. Yoshino, though, I think somebody gave her that name. For one thing, it's just that one name she has, so it's plausible somebody gave it to her as a nickname; and for another, now that I've typed all this out, I'm starting to suspect that her handpuppet wasn't her own originally either, as in somebody gave it to her as a present before it developed its own personality.

Hm. New fanfic idea.
Well, now that you mention it, I think the next Spirits would probably have Western name, consider how most of Wizard's elites working in England for the SAS or DEM, I think the remaining spirit would probably more familiar with Western culture than Japan.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 07:52   Link #11657
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Here is the last one

Mana Research
Little sister (reluctantly at first) approves of the Harem Route~!

Oh wait...Kurumi is supposedly part of that right? Uh-oh
Old 2015-01-10, 08:22   Link #11658
GotEffed2RageQuit

Just thought of something.
Is Reine a Spirit or not?
Spoiler for tots:

*sits in a corner waiting for Vol.12 & movie*
P.S. Are Latin numbers good for them?
Old 2015-01-10, 08:35   Link #11659
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Oh wait...Kurumi is supposedly part of that right? Uh-oh
Oh! That's a hard one. She has to be otherwise a lot of people will be depressed.
In case of mana, when the right time has come she has to deal with it, no matter if she want or not

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 10:18   Link #11660
GotEffed2RageQuit

Rooftop Kurumi is a good girl right?

Wait... it's still Kurumi. *sigh* Something probably should happen to Mana to forgive her.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy