AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-01, 22:50   Link #81
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Man, been a long time since I've thought about this one. I'd love to be able to see the original novel someday. This comic was pretty fun.
I'd buy a lot of these novels (Like Bakemonogatari and Toradora) if they were ever released in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I actually liked the fact it was short, since that meant things wouldn't get dragged, unlike the story about an annoying palmtop tiger and a scary bloke, which I ended up dropping.

As for the ending, I thought it was clear who he wanted to be with. Tamura may have developed feelings for Hiroka, but the one he truly wanted to be with was Komaki. He could never let go of her, and when he met her again he realised he truly wanted to be with her. The ending delivered this point quite clearly, and in quite a nice fashion, in my opinion.
Well said. It wasn't dragged out but it would have been nice if it had a fifth volume to fill in some things here and there. But none the less, it was a solid story. There were things you liked and disliked about each character and you could relate to them as well.
Quote:
This story is not long enough for an anime, but I'd really like it if it gets some OVAs.
Isn't the novel longer? I'd figure the anime would be based on that.
Old 2009-12-01, 23:36   Link #82
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Isn't the novel longer? I'd figure the anime would be based on that.
Novel's only 2 volumes, and of those 2 volumes, there are 2 chapters that are focused on Tamura's friend and his sister. The novel's ending's more clear cut, at the same time pretty raging as well (in a dumb way).
Old 2009-12-02, 09:26   Link #83
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Hmm...I just read the light novel thread. Serenade Beta explained a lot about the light novel. Since I'll probably never read the novel I read his spoiler tags too.

I still think this would be a great anime. I don't know why it hasn't been done yet. There has been a lot worse animes done recently.

Oh yeah. I am a Souma fan. I would have and think he should have gone down that route.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2009-12-02 at 11:18. Reason: Added to it.
Old 2009-12-02, 21:58   Link #84
Wrath88
Kissing...

Agreed, this would make a great anime. I find I like the tsundere more, lol.
Old 2009-12-03, 14:19   Link #85
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Here is one question, I am a little confused about Matsuzawa and the two schools.
Spoiler:

I just finished the final two extra chapters. They were really good. I wouldn't mind a spin off about Matsuzawa's friends. The author is really good at sucking you in quickly.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2009-12-03 at 14:42.
Old 2009-12-03, 14:55   Link #86
DanielSong39

Spoiler for Matsuzawa:

Overall, I felt Matsuzawa was better suited for Tamura, but I must admit Souma was the more entertaining character. It's a tough call, since long-distance relationships are tough to maintain.

Thumbs up; I liked this story a lot better than Toradora - it has a beginning, middle, and an end, and doesn't go in circles. Bonus points for having the bravery to have the tsundere take it on the chin, instead of dishing it out all the time.
Old 2009-12-03, 21:21   Link #87
Used Can

Hiroka wasn't that much of a tsundere, though. She could be quite straightforward when she wanted to.
Old 2009-12-04, 22:43   Link #88
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Spoiler for Matsuzawa:
Okay, I got ya. Thanks.

Quote:
Overall, I felt Matsuzawa was better suited for Tamura, but I must admit Souma was the more entertaining character. It's a tough call, since long-distance relationships are tough to maintain.

Thumbs up; I liked this story a lot better than Toradora - it has a beginning, middle, and an end, and doesn't go in circles. Bonus points for having the bravery to have the tsundere take it on the chin, instead of dishing it out all the time.
I don't know who is better suited for the guy. They both brought out different things in him which makes it tough to say. But I really did like Souma, but then again, we learned more about her. After reading the extra chapter at the end though, I liked Matsuzawa more, so yeah.

Oh, and this is better than Toradora. But what made Toradora so great is that it started as a comedy and got more serious as time went on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hiroka wasn't that much of a tsundere, though. She could be quite straightforward when she wanted to.
That's one reason why I liked her so much. She opened up quickly, like a normal and realistic person. Some tsundere characters never change, although sometimes its for the sake of the series.

Tags
romance, shounen