AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-03, 17:53   Link #221
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
But as Shiek said she wouldn't fight Priscilla.

The destroyer should atleast be as strong as 2 abyssal ones.
Remember the late Riful said that it was growning in power every passing moment. also: it attacked clare after she emerged from it. So why wouldnt it fight Priscilla.
Old 2010-05-03, 17:56   Link #222
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Miria needs all the help she can get if she wants 2 take down the org so she will need Helen, Deneve, and Clare, especially Clare, so she has a reason 2 appear.
Not really, the best resources of the Organization rigth now is bedwetter Audrey and possibly some inexperienced Abyssal Feeders.
Unless Raki becomes something truly powerful, Miria could take down the Org all by herself rigth now.
Old 2010-05-03, 18:00   Link #223
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Why do people keep saying this?

That would be the cherry on top on what has been a very rushed series of chapters as of late. Say what you will, I think no one can deny that the last 10 or so chapters have made the story feel like it's been accelerating faster and faster. On top of all the crazy developments going on, now you want to kill off an integral character to the story who just happens to be the most powerful force on the island who just killed off several other characters?

I swear, the void then would suck all the other characters to another dimension.
Why do we keep saying it? Because it's clear that is what's going to happen - that's why.
In fact, Deneve said so this chapter. She basically says that they have no chance of running away from Priscilla and that Duff wont hold her back for long. That's why they are charging purposefully towards the destroyer. She seem to intend to stay out of sight and let Priscilla and the Destroyer duke it out.

Now when you couple this with the fact that Raphaella and Luciella were created for one purpose in this manga - that being a power to rival Priscilla - just why are you expecting Priscilla to get away unharmed? This is the ONLY real chance to ever dispose of Priscilla - no other method can ever hope to be effective (and Clare turning Super Saiyan and beating a full strength Pricilla would be every bit as asinine as it was in the anime).

Priscilla's role is in the story is over when Clare settles her feelings of revenge. Priscilla can even gain a little redemption by killing the destoryer and telling Clare about Raki before she dies. After that though, her role is done.
Old 2010-05-03, 18:02   Link #224
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Not really, the best resources of the Organization rigth now is bedwetter Audrey and possibly some inexperienced Abyssal Feeders.
Unless Raki becomes something truly powerful, Miria could take down the Org all by herself rigth now.
I suspect that they have something up their sleeves though. I mean Alicia and beth were defeated easily. If I were them I'd be freaking out right now. But we haven't had any panels of the org lately which makes me think Yagi is purposely avoiding doing so. Or he just doesn't want to lol
________
Yamaha Trx850

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:16.
Old 2010-05-03, 18:07   Link #225
evil_kenshin

Quote:
While on one hand I doubt Raki would so easily yield to the orgs control on the other hand as you said it would be to easy to beat them (so he needs to be under their control for plot purposes).

But then again odds are there might be something else in their labs (who knows what). The org has had an AB in the past atleast indirectly work for them (the 6 arms male) so its also possible they have a few AB's.

So orgs current force is

Number 3 + 5+ Number 7 (who has not yet appeared) + 9 + 10 to 46 + trainee's + Abyssal feeders + yoma + possibly a few AB's and perhaps Raki (still doubtful he would side with them but in any case...).

It would seem to sudden for the org to be defeated not only that Miria will have to do it the right way (so people won't be at the mercy of yoma) so its not as simple as just charging in and wiping out the org members.

There will need to be a replacement for the org on the island though one that does not create yoma/blackmail towns with extremely high fee's. It will simply be killing yoma (perhaps for a small fee or something) as a role and no more half yoma's (atleast non voluntary ones) made.

Rabona as the HQ for this place seems likely.
Old 2010-05-03, 18:18   Link #226
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It really sucks when the conversation picks up when I'm away from the computer.

But yeah, Priscilla will be around until the very, very end.
Old 2010-05-03, 18:26   Link #227
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
yoma + possibly a few AB's
I don't really think that the Org could use these to defend itself in the case of an attack to the HQ. If the Claymores see that the MIB can control Yoma and ABs, add that to what Miria migth tell them and chances are they'll desert.
And there is also the risk of word getting out and the Org having to deal with humans on their doorsteps, claiming for justice.

Quote:
There will need to be a replacement for the org on the island though one that does not create yoma/blackmail towns with extremely high fee's. It will simply be killing yoma (perhaps for a small fee or something) as a role and no more half yoma's (atleast non voluntary ones) made.
That replacement would only have to be temporary since the Yoma are sterile and without the Org to produce new ones, their numbers would eventually shrink until they are extinct.
So, slaugthering every single MIB still seem the way to go, IMO.
Old 2010-05-03, 18:27   Link #228
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It really sucks when the conversation picks up when I'm away from the computer.

But yeah, Priscilla will be around until the very, very end.
to be fair its only been like one page lol. There was a time I would be on the next day (so 10+ hours later) and there were 8+ pages from when I was last on.

Quote:
I don't really think that the Org could use these to defend itself in the case of an attack to the HQ. If the Claymores see that the MIB can control Yoma and ABs, add that to what Miria migth tell them and chances are they'll desert.
And there is also the risk of word getting out and the Org having to deal with humans on their doorsteps, claiming for justice.
I don't doubt that at first but say all the org Claymore are defeated (Miria and co knock them out) then the AB's and yoma appear (If the org are desperate enough they will pull out their trump cards).

Quote:
That replacement would only have to be temporary since the Yoma are sterile and without the Org to produce new ones, their numbers would eventually shrink until they are extinct.
So, slaugthering every single MIB still seem the way to go, IMO.
While I agree at the same time the problem is the mainland. Say the org is defeated and the mainland does not hear from the island for some time then they will send a force to find out what is going on. The mainland would have access to better technology + numbers (based on sheer size of the mainland). It would be suicidal of Miria not to plan this carefully.
Old 2010-05-03, 19:44   Link #229
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Quote:
She is an integral part of the story, and is part of a duo with Claire, and possibly a trio with her and Raki. You can't expect her to die, however and for whatever reason, and expect the story to continue on as it. You can argue that, with the deaths of the Abyssals, the story feels as if it's turned a new chapter, but if Priscilla dies, it will feel like a completely different book.
I understand where you're coming from, but for me personally the fact that Prissy is such a central figure right now opens with her death hundreds of possibilities for Clare. Furthermore, the story doesn't really feel like a duo, tripple or quadrupple with Clare, Prissy, Raki, Teresa so much anymore. I kinda think that Prissy is getting old and boring, she just doesn't change...
If she died, there'd be so many ways for Clare to react and to change, it just seems amazing to me. Totally more awesome than some endless chase-the-bunny between Clare and Prissy.

Quote:
Forget Priscilla, what if Claire died? How would you feel if the story went on without her? You can argue that her status as the protagonist is "technical" and the story is about all the characters, not just one, but hers is definitely the biggest story and the first. You can't expect the manga to retain how it is right now without her.

You may argue Raki, but if Claire and/or Priscilla dies, you can kiss this story goodbye and might as well start reading another manga, because that's what it's going to feel like.
Claire is completely totally a different matter from Prissy.
And as to why, here a few:
  • Clare is the main character, the story follows her life and progress, not Prissy's.
  • If Clare dies, there is indeed not much left to the story, there WOULD be ways, but it wont be Claymore anymore.
  • If Prissy dies, it will easily open up routes to the mainland, or many other major story developements, similiar to the impact the time skip had/has.
  • Clare gets stronger with each fight, Prissy has been stagnating. Her not eating anything for years is just that, for years. Boring.
  • Raki will choose Clare over Prissy, unless he decides he gotta be around Prissy to kill her when she starts feeding guts.

Of course, all above are my opinions, I'm not saying you have to share them.

When push comes to shove, that's when friction produces heat.

Sry for me bad English, ain't be me main tongue^^
Old 2010-05-03, 22:43   Link #230
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
I understand where you're coming from, but for me personally the fact that Prissy is such a central figure right now opens with her death hundreds of possibilities for Clare. Furthermore, the story doesn't really feel like a duo, tripple or quadrupple with Clare, Prissy, Raki, Teresa so much anymore. I kinda think that Prissy is getting old and boring, she just doesn't change...
If she died, there'd be so many ways for Clare to react and to change, it just seems amazing to me. Totally more awesome than some endless chase-the-bunny between Clare and Prissy.

Claire is completely totally a different matter from Prissy.
And as to why, here a few:
  • Clare is the main character, the story follows her life and progress, not Prissy's.
  • If Clare dies, there is indeed not much left to the story, there WOULD be ways, but it wont be Claymore anymore.
  • If Prissy dies, it will easily open up routes to the mainland, or many other major story developements, similiar to the impact the time skip had/has.
  • Clare gets stronger with each fight, Prissy has been stagnating. Her not eating anything for years is just that, for years. Boring.
  • Raki will choose Clare over Prissy, unless he decides he gotta be around Prissy to kill her when she starts feeding guts.

Of course, all above are my opinions, I'm not saying you have to share them.
I know they are your opinions but surely you'd agree the manga will not be the same without Priscilla. She's been brought up to be the big bad villain this whole time.

But on your point about Priscilla stagnating the recent chapters show how she gets it all back + more. The reason she ate both Beth (well some of beth) and Riful is to get their yoki (kinda like a mosquito getting blood) to raise her own.

Even more so Clare is still no where near Priscilla level (unless Clare pull's a naruto on us in regards to his kyuubi mode lol with her's being Teresa mode) so no idea how that point even really makes sense. Clare has gotten stronger each fight but its an insignificant ammount (just look at how helen's comments about Isley even wounded and starving she wasn't a match for him and Priscilla is way stronger than him).

there are getting less and less strong opponents ; Clare won't get stronger anymore just fighting yoma she needs strong AB's or something but most are dead (There's Priscilla who she can't beat and umm...well none lol)

AB's are pretty much a dying breed due to the AF's creation no more awakened number 1's, might have one more number 2 lurking about but that's about it in regards to useful opponents.

So Clares hit a dead end in terms of powerups unless more opponents start showing up (DoD's or something).
Old 2010-05-04, 00:04   Link #231
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Guys, have you considered that Claymore may be coming to an end? That this coming fight with Prissy is the start of the finale? That after Prissy is defeated here, all that's left is to rescue the dimwit in distress from the clutches of the Org? That the only mainland baddie we're going to possibly see in Org HQ?

Seems more likely to me than trying to will both Prissy and Clare to live through this so they can try kill each other later...
Old 2010-05-04, 03:19   Link #232
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Guys, have you considered that Claymore may be coming to an end? That this coming fight with Prissy is the start of the finale? That after Prissy is defeated here, all that's left is to rescue the dimwit in distress from the clutches of the Org? That the only mainland baddie we're going to possibly see in Org HQ?

Seems more likely to me than trying to will both Prissy and Clare to live through this so they can try kill each other later...
Of course, I know that Claymore might not life more than one or two years.
But it's way too soon for it to be conluded with this fight, there are too many open questions...

When push comes to shove, that's when friction produces heat.

Sry for me bad English, ain't be me main tongue^^
Old 2010-05-04, 07:08   Link #233
kitten320

I doubt that Claymore will end in two years... I mean I heard that there are sevreal more volumes planned what will be about 54 +/- chapters. And each year we get maximum 12... if do the maths it has to be atleast 4 more years unless that information was a lie or Yagi had changed his mind...

But I really doubt that it will end now... why? We still know nothing about Tabitha, Yagi can't just ignore her. Raki is taken away so some experiments will be done and maybe new creatures. There is still whole mystery about from where Yoma came. Then "take down the organizaion plan"... so yeh, I don't see it ending in next 2 years.
Old 2010-05-04, 07:08   Link #234
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post

I thought Yagi said we still have a ways to go until the end.
Old 2010-05-04, 07:18   Link #235
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I doubt that Claymore will end in two years... I mean I heard that there are sevreal more volumes planned what will be about 54 +/- chapters. And each year we get maximum 12... if do the maths it has to be atleast 4 more years unless that information was a lie or Yagi had changed his mind...

But I really doubt that it will end now... why? We still know nothing about Tabitha, Yagi can't just ignore her. Raki is taken away so some experiments will be done and maybe new creatures. There is still whole mystery about from where Yoma came. Then "take down the organizaion plan"... so yeh, I don't see it ending in next 2 years.
I dont want Claymore 2 end now, with the mainland war that alone could add 20+ chapters. Priscilla being killed wouldnt be the end of it either. Like I said earlier yagi could use the mainland 2 introduce new enemies. For example, like there was 3 abyssal ones on the island. There could be 3 powerful dragon-kin, u know something like abyssal dragons. Rubel could even be one of these dragons. Reason is we don't know if the dragon-kin can have human forms just like Abs, yoma, and AOs. I dont see why they couldnt tho.
Old 2010-05-04, 07:42   Link #236
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

The mainland shouldn't be involved. That's opening up a can worms that'd ruin what we have right now. Besides, what happens on the mainland doesn't matter - so long as they mainlanders leave, forever.
Old 2010-05-04, 09:10   Link #237
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The mainland shouldn't be involved. That's opening up a can worms that'd ruin what we have right now. Besides, what happens on the mainland doesn't matter - so long as they mainlanders leave, forever.
If its been introduced then the odds are we will have it in the story at some point.
Old 2010-05-04, 09:24   Link #238
Ryuken
Claymore #01

I wonder how things would turn out the next chapter?
Old 2010-05-04, 09:53   Link #239
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
I wonder how things would turn out the next chapter?
Probably part 1 of Priscilla vs Destroyer. We may also get a glimpse (doubt more than 4 pages) of Dietrich's AF's vs Hellcats scenario considering we didn't get it this time.

Hopefully yagi will make chapter longer than normal to make up for this short chapter (hopefully 35 pages)
Old 2010-05-04, 11:06   Link #240
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone
Why do we keep saying it? Because it's clear that is what's going to happen - that's why.
In fact, Deneve said so this chapter. She basically says that they have no chance of running away from Priscilla and that Duff wont hold her back for long. That's why they are charging purposefully towards the destroyer. She seem to intend to stay out of sight and let Priscilla and the Destroyer duke it out.

Now when you couple this with the fact that Raphaella and Luciella were created for one purpose in this manga - that being a power to rival Priscilla - just why are you expecting Priscilla to get away unharmed? This is the ONLY real chance to ever dispose of Priscilla - no other method can ever hope to be effective (and Clare turning Super Saiyan and beating a full strength Pricilla would be every bit as asinine as it was in the anime).

Priscilla's role is in the story is over when Clare settles her feelings of revenge. Priscilla can even gain a little redemption by killing the destoryer and telling Clare about Raki before she dies. After that though, her role is done.
None of this really settles my feelings on what I said - that it would only be the the most ridiculous rushed bit on what has been a string of rushed battles since Isley's death, nor does it change what I said about the story changing completely if she dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah
Roflmao, I guess....in my opinion, I think Claire has made it abundunatly clear that all she cares about is revenge...so what she has it, I doubt their is really anything else she wants to do with her life.

I see what you say about their being hundreds of possibilties for her...but she doesn't really seem to care for any of them; she certainly didn't care when she decided to put Teresa inside her and the rest of her life to killing Priscilla.

If the day comes when she does kill her, peaceful retirement really seems the most realistic thing that she'll want to do. When you've completed your raison d'etre, what else is there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone

.....No, not at all.

If that is the reason why you said the earlier quote about Priscilla's "imminent" demise, then I'm going to be hugely disappointed if that ends up coming true and the manga indeed ends, because all it's gonna do is make me think how great the story was until a ridiculous ending with a bunch of key characters suddenly started dying one right after another.

What I feel is that the story is going to a new chapter, not that the whole thing is ending...if it's really ending soon, then I really don't know what to think.
Closed Thread