AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-02-08, 21:48   Link #881
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i wonder if they managed to make a 2nd season while trying to develop the next actual REAL flagship Gundam TV show, along with the OVA & Movies, in the same way as the SD series,

i know they wanted to adapt Gundam Origins, not sure about the next war drama TV series.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 22:27   Link #882
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i wonder if they managed to make a 2nd season while trying to develop the next actual REAL flagship Gundam TV show, along with the OVA & Movies, in the same way as the SD series,

i know they wanted to adapt Gundam Origins, not sure about the next war drama TV series.
I sure hope so, this show is freaking awesome. With Unicorn ending this year, they'll need another stand-in series to fill the gap before their next major series. Who knows, Origin could already be in production right now.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 22:39   Link #883
monster

Maybe the next series will be later this year. So if there's a second season of Build Fighters, it might run concurrently rather than be a filler or stand-in.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 23:12   Link #884
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Hell yeah for GBF 2nd season! Do it, Sunrise!

Off topic, I’m hoping they adapt Hathaway’s Flash for their next OVA project (since they seem to want Origin to be a series). They did promise to give us a reference or a glimpse into HF's storyline at the end of Unicorn IIRC. Either way, if Sunrise/Bandai is unable to create a new story anymore, they still have a pile of UC written materials to adapt (like the Crossbone, Sentinel, Advance of Zeta, Blue Destiny, or the various side-stories where the fan-favorite Shin Matsunaga & Johnny Ridden are in it) which can go side-by-side pretty well during the airing of Origin.
Old 2014-02-08, 23:29   Link #885
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

my personal guess is: Origin is Unicorn's replacement, while GBF goes on season break. Origin needs to be in at least the same format as Unicorn because they need to maintain quality within the project. BF will satisfy fans while they wait for Origin, and G-Reko would take over once BF finishes.
Old 2014-02-09, 00:15   Link #886
Raso

Origin is far to large for just an OAV series, it would take a 26 episode run minimum to do it Justice.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 01:00   Link #887
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Hell yeah for GBF 2nd season! Do it, Sunrise!

Off topic, I’m hoping they adapt Hathaway’s Flash for their next OVA project (since they seem to want Origin to be a series). They did promise to give us a reference or a glimpse into HF's storyline at the end of Unicorn IIRC. Either way, if Sunrise/Bandai is unable to create a new story anymore, they still have a pile of UC written materials to adapt (like the Crossbone, Sentinel, Advance of Zeta, Blue Destiny, or the various side-stories where the fan-favorite Shin Matsunaga & Johnny Ridden are in it) which can go side-by-side pretty well during the airing of Origin.
I want Sentinel as an OVA lol, that would freaking rock

Heck they even animated EX-S in BF so my hopes are a little higher now
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 03:38   Link #888
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Plot twist:

President says the codeword, activates the combat personality in Aila, and has her fight the Seiji duo in Exia Dark Matter. The catch? She's been mentally synced into EDM to drastically improve her performance. However, the catch is that destroying the mobile suit kills Aila IRL.

As fitting of a Gundam series.
Old 2014-02-09, 07:02   Link #889
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
Origin is far to large for just an OAV series, it would take a 26 episode run minimum to do it Justice.
It's Origin or G-Reco.. One of the two must be an OVA, or something even shorter.
Old 2014-02-09, 08:44   Link #890
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
It's Origin or G-Reco.. One of the two must be an OVA, or something even shorter.
Personally I think they are one and the same and will be a tv series.
Old 2014-02-09, 16:14   Link #891
Galaxian

I hope Build Fighters doesn't get split in two like 00. If Age got 49 uninterrupted episodes, GBF deserves at least the same treatment.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 16:39   Link #892
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I hope Build Fighters doesn't get split in two like 00. If Age got 49 uninterrupted episodes, GBF deserves at least the same treatment.
Build Fighters is an experiment... It is going to be only 25 episodes which isn't that big of a risk compared to 50. If successful they would probably green light a S2 soon.

00 was done that way to prevent filler episodes and give room for retooling if needed. (Which did happen.). AGE though had the retools built in from the beginning and had lead time to prevent filler eps.
Old 2014-02-09, 21:04   Link #893
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I dunno, rumor has Tomino having a talk with Hollywood people.

The chance is minimal, but it won't surprise me if there's another live action gundam.
Old 2014-02-10, 12:48   Link #894
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Someone remind why we don't have unicorn in here?
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 12:57   Link #895
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Someone remind why we don't have unicorn in here?
Currently airing OAV series that is pushing gunpla on it's own. It would be kinda a waste to toss it in here from a sales perspective.
Old 2014-02-11, 01:58   Link #896
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
uh, how about Unicorn's grunts? like that unfortunate PIMP MY RIDE Lotto.....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 17:59   Link #897
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Loto appear for a few second... before getting vaporized

Poor Cziommer
Old 2014-02-11, 23:08   Link #898
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Maybe the next series will be later this year. So if there's a second season of Build Fighters, it might run concurrently rather than be a filler or stand-in.
http://en.gundam.info/topics/white/29354

Sunrise already came out and said that a new Gundam series will be announced on March 22 so you can bet on that...

And considering www.g-reco.net was very recently registered by Sunrise (basically last week) I think its pretty clear what's going to be announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
Personally I think they are one and the same and will be a tv series.
They are not. Tomino already said that G-Reco does not take place in UC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I dunno, rumor has Tomino having a talk with Hollywood people.

The chance is minimal, but it won't surprise me if there's another live action gundam.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...legacy-effects

Not a rumor. But the Hollywood people (specifically Legacy Effects, who did special effects in Pacific Rim) are confirmed to be working on his current show (could be G-Reco but he did say it could be a remake), and its confirmed to be an animated feature. The live-action feature which is also planned is not Gundam related.

Though I think it would be crazy for Sunrise to not look into licensing out Gundam for a live action flick, with the success of movies like Transformers and Pacific Rim... And Sony Pictures did register some Gundam related domains a couple of years ago (as the only Japanese-owned Hollywood studio it makes perfect sense for them to be the ones to produce)

Last edited by brightman; 2014-02-12 at 06:55.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 12:14   Link #899
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

any idea?
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 13:48   Link #900
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Looks like the Build Strike Full Package. Given the HG abbreviations, I imagine it's a model release ad.

Tags
shounen