AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 13 Rating
Perfect 10 30 42.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 25.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 19.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-08-15, 14:09   Link #981
Echizen777

Finally completed this volume, great read, much better than the two previous ones. There were not too much characters, the battle was thrilling and the interactions between Touma and Mikoto were good, I find that Kamachi has been a bit too cruel with her this volume though, her uselessness is mainly because she lacks informations about magic IMO but it is likely that she will have a power up. There is something bugging me with Kakeru, shouldn't his ability be called World Rejector? Or Kamachi did it on purpose to rhymes with Imagine Breaker?

And there is Touma who was ready to do something to the meteor, is he aware of the dragons in his hand? Mikoto at least seems to be aware of it.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 14:34   Link #982
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

No such thing as power ups on Toaru.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 14:41   Link #983
SomeDude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Ehh? What do you mean? ... Accel's Angel Forms... Takitsubo's AIM Jammer-thing... Fremea's Agitate Halation...

Or do those don't count somehow? Or are you joking?
SomeDude! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 14:52   Link #984
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Finally completed this volume, great read, much better than the two previous ones. There were not too much characters, the battle was thrilling and the interactions between Touma and Mikoto were good, I find that Kamachi has been a bit too cruel with her this volume though, her uselessness is mainly because she lacks informations about magic IMO but it is likely that she will have a power up. There is something bugging me with Kakeru, shouldn't his ability be called World Rejector? Or Kamachi did it on purpose to rhymes with Imagine Breaker?

And there is Touma who was ready to do something to the meteor, is he aware of the dragons in his hand? Mikoto at least seems to be aware of it.
After the madness that was High priest, I think Mikoto will at least ask Kamijou "hey, wtf are you dealing with?" after this volume. Also yes a power up is due, probably awakening. Also Kakeru has the ability to literally teleport people off of the world and into an unknown utopia. He makes them an illusion (if you don't like world rejecter, call it imagine maker) and they "reject the world".
Touma is aware of the power in his right hand, he can consciously use it. He is aware of the dragons that appear, but I don't think dragons are important. Compared to the IT, they might be insignificant.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 14:53   Link #985
BladeMancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Don't be silly, there are powerups.
Old 2015-08-15, 14:54   Link #986
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDude! View Post
Ehh? What do you mean? ... Accel's Angel Forms... Takitsubo's AIM Jammer-thing... Fremea's Agitate Halation...

Or do those don't count somehow? Or are you joking?
Accel's angel form might be considered power ups to others but its more of him accessing the next form of vespers evolution to lvl 6.

Takitsubo and fremea isn't also power ups. Its their a ability.

Toaru or tamni isn't your typical shounen sh*ts that have power ups here and there or have power ups at all.

There are lots of nerfting here than a power up at all.

Plus its more of what knowledge has than power up at all.

and no matter what misaka do. She's useless against magic god.
Old 2015-08-15, 15:23   Link #987
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Also yes a power up is due, probably awakening.
Dreams are nice.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 23:59   Link #988
BladeMancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Dreams are nice.
I had specifically said "probably"
So now awakening probably happening is a dream as well I presume?
Old 2015-08-16, 01:22   Link #989
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
So it kinda saying that new "Index" will be out in Oct. but it a SS NOVEL then NT14. I think
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMb-hQGUcAAFlLi.jpg:large
Tell me if this is legit guys thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
No that's Railgun vol. 11 and that's for dengeki's manga publications.

It also confirms Accelerator vol. 4 will hit October.
Railgun Volume 11 and Accelerator Volume 4 in October.

Adding to that, Heavy Object A Volume 1 in September.
Old 2015-08-16, 06:50   Link #990
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Happening to Mikoto, yes.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 07:46   Link #991
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Happening to Mikoto, yes.
don't tempt fate. It might happen.

knowing kamachi, he will make a reason for it to happen. no matter how it might clash to initial theories or findings.

Quote:
Mikoto just doesn't have the necessary ability to do so.

for her to further evolve. Kihara even force the network into her to power up her processing power.

there is a reason why its said Accelerator is the only one can reach lvl 6 in vol 3 of OT. And he is the only one who has crash course for it, even if its a plot to make the sisters spread world wide. the results find by testament is still real.
Old 2015-08-16, 10:58   Link #992
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Accel's angel form might be considered power ups to others but its more of him accessing the next form of vespers evolution to lvl 6.
this doesnt mean that it wasnt a power up :/
Quote:
Takitsubo and fremea isn't also power ups. Its their a ability.
it is, and it is also a power up, they get stronger right?
toumas precognition mentioned in Vol.20 is also a power up, doesnt matter if it is well-written or some random as*pull
Quote:
There are lots of nerfting here than a power up at all.
n-not really,
we have fiamma who got several power ups,
accel got power ups several times and only got nerfed once,
we have othinus who also got several power ups and got only nerfed once,
kakine gets several power ups without nerfing but still gets defeated again and again,
acqua got 2 nerfings and no power up,
the majins got nerfed once,
vento got nerfed,
styil got temporary power up in the war arc,
index gets temporary power up as pendex,
mugino got power up in NT12,
mikoto got power up as Lvl5.5,
misaki got power up via exterior,
ollerus got nerfed, brunhild got power up with incomplete gungnir in kanzaki SS, kazakiri got temporary power up with angel-mode,

i cant remember more :/ but im sure there are some waiting to be mentioned
Quote:
and no matter what misaka do. She's useless against magic god.
well, in some bittersweet completly-unlike-normal-toaru-storys we could have a self sacrificing mikoto who turns into a Lvl6 and one-shots all majin together with her own life
but this is only fantasy
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 12:03   Link #993
tsunade666

-_-

even a lvl 6... I still don't see them winning a against a magic god.

We haven't seen a lvl 6 yet but from progression from what was shown in partial evolution?

its not enough.

Sure maybe, a lvl 6 would be enough to be a planet buster but not universe manipulator lvl.
Old 2015-08-16, 13:04   Link #994
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
her uselessness is mainly because she lacks informations about magic IMO
I don't think so at all. Her uselessness is mainly because she lacks god level powers. Ollerus should be one of the most knowledgeable about magic and couldn't scratch Othinus even without Gungir. The other two contenders for most knowledge (not counting Aleister) are probably Index and Othinus, but neither can actually use magic on their own currently thus couldn't have actually used magic in any kind of plan. Even without extensive knowledge of how magic works, she did come up with a decent plan. Her plan was just ultimately useless because her level of power is insignificant to that of a god (even not at full power).
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 13:40   Link #995
LevelSeven

Quote:
-_-

We haven't seen a lvl 6 yet but from progression from what was shown in partial evolution?

its not enough.

Sure maybe, a lvl 6 would be enough to be a planet buster but not universe manipulator lvl.
like you said, we dont know, maybe they are alpha-reality manipulators who become nigh omnipotent :/
Old 2015-08-16, 15:03   Link #996
tsunade666

Quote:
But Kakine Teitoku also awakened. He wasn't said to be able to stably reach level 6, so why did he not explode like one said they would if they went level 6?
explode? where did you read about exploding if one become level 6?

Plus Kakine isn't level 6.

He is just in "awakened" state. Or whatever people call it now.

Kakine is spare for Accelerator. Even if Accelerator is the main plan. Kakine is spare for him. That is the main point of why Kakine is angry at Accelerator.
Old 2015-08-16, 15:05   Link #997
SomeDude!

Quote:
But Kakine Teitoku also awakened. He wasn't said to be able to stably reach level 6, so why did he not explode like one said they would if they went level 6?
Awakening is not Shifting to LV 6. There appears to be multiple paths to becoming a LV6, and they seem to get different results.

There's the Curriculum path, the one that Accelerator would have gotten to with 250 more years of Curriculum... This seems to be the most likely way to get the most normal looking LV6...

The More Calculation Power path, which Gensei attempted on Mikoto via. Exterior-Forced, and Exterior-Enhanced, Misaka Network link-up.

The Repeated Awakening Path, which is what Accelerator and Kakine are on...

The Combat Path, attempted with the Absolute Power Evolution Plan, which is the Radio Noise Battlefield Plan, is yet another path.

The Ability Body Crystal Path... Which, given Takitsubo, is temporary.

They'll all get espers into the power level of a LV6, but anything else is path-dependent, and of course, you could mix paths...

And they might be able to get one by sticking a LV5 into a Coffin, maybe...
SomeDude! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 23:54   Link #998
Karna
just some guy

So, anyone think there's a chance of Fiamma taking Kakeru's arm after Kakeru is inevitably beaten? It's been made obvious that he still has the Holy Right, but lacks control of it due lacking a suitable arm to contain it. I'd think Kakeru's arm would be a usable replacement. After all, Imagine Breaker was capable of integrating with the Holy Right, albeit imperfectly.
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 01:34   Link #999
Doom_Paperclip
lethal office stationery

On the subject of power ups and whether Misaka needs one, I believe that TAMNI can be seen as a deconstruction of the shounen genre. Each new antagonist is stronger than the last, yet the power of the protagonists does not increase in proportion, if at all. Instead, they always find a way to deal with the newest threat with the means available to them, without trying to exceed the raw power of their opponents.

There's a message in that. You don't need the power of a god to accomplish your goals. If anything, such power destroys its wielder. Just look at Thor, who can no longer remember if he became stronger to save people, or if he saved people to become stronger. All anyone has to do is what they can with what they have. Nobody has the right to ask more.

Misaka doesn't need a power up to stand by Touma's side and even if she got one, it wouldn't be enough. I mean, Touma himself isn't particularly strong, yet he accomplishes great feats despite that, or perhaps even because of that. All Misaka has to do is change the way she thinks and fights, so that she can approach Touma without changing who she is. Whether she will realize that or not is another matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDude! View Post
Awakening is not Shifting to LV 6. There appears to be multiple paths to becoming a LV6, and they seem to get different results.

There's the Curriculum path, the one that Accelerator would have gotten to with 250 more years of Curriculum... This seems to be the most likely way to get the most normal looking LV6...

The More Calculation Power path, which Gensei attempted on Mikoto via. Exterior-Forced, and Exterior-Enhanced, Misaka Network link-up.

The Repeated Awakening Path, which is what Accelerator and Kakine are on...

The Combat Path, attempted with the Absolute Power Evolution Plan, which is the Radio Noise Battlefield Plan, is yet another path.

The Ability Body Crystal Path... Which, given Takitsubo, is temporary.

They'll all get espers into the power level of a LV6, but anything else is path-dependent, and of course, you could mix paths...

And they might be able to get one by sticking a LV5 into a Coffin, maybe...
A few corrections:

1) Kakine has never been outright stated to be able to reach level 6. He is considered the spare for Accelerator, but perhaps this is because he might be able to replace the need for a level 6 in Aleister's plan entirely without reaching that level. Maybe Aleister needs the stuff that Accelerator's wings are made of, but Kakine's Dark Matter could provide a passable surrogate. Anyway, we don't know for sure.

2) Takitsubo was never even hinted at being able to reach level 6, only level 5. The Ability Body Crystal was part of an attempt to reach SYSTEM, but that attempt was based around Haruue Erii, not Takitsubo.

Quote:
explode? where did you read about exploding if one become level 6?
That's probably referencing the fact that Misaka would have collapsed upon reaching level 6, taking AC down with her. Presumably the same fate would await anyone other than Accelerator.

Quote:
-_-

its not enough.

Ollerus has shown us that there is a huge gulf between almost becoming a Majin and actually reaching that level. He was just barely able to match Othinus with her 50% restriction, but that was as far as he could go. He didn't even have a trillionth of the power a full Majin should have and I'm willing to bet that even if he hadn't lost his special powers, he wouldn't have been a match for any of the Majins even after they were nerfed by Aleister.

Level 6 is probably the same. 100% completion is probably incalculably above even 99% completion, let alone 50%. You can't measure the potential of level 6 just from the scraps we've seen so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
this doesnt mean that it wasnt a power up :/

it is, and it is also a power up, they get stronger right?
toumas precognition mentioned in Vol.20 is also a power up, doesnt matter if it is well-written or some random as*pull

n-not really,
we have fiamma who got several power ups,
accel got power ups several times and only got nerfed once,
we have othinus who also got several power ups and got only nerfed once,
kakine gets several power ups without nerfing but still gets defeated again and again,
acqua got 2 nerfings and no power up,
the majins got nerfed once,
vento got nerfed,
styil got temporary power up in the war arc,
index gets temporary power up as pendex,
mugino got power up in NT12,
mikoto got power up as Lvl5.5,
misaki got power up via exterior,
ollerus got nerfed, brunhild got power up with incomplete gungnir in kanzaki SS, kazakiri got temporary power up with angel-mode,

i cant remember more :/ but im sure there are some waiting to be mentioned
By that logic, I power up whenever I put my shoes on. I believe that to qualify as a true power up, your actual inherent powers have to increase, or you have to receive an item that is bound to you such that it can be considered your own power. Your extra power can't come from a source that can be taken from you.

According to this definition, I believe that the only real power ups we've seen so far are Accelerator's, Kakine's and maybe, just maybe, Takitsubo's. Temporary increases in power are a dime a dozen in TAMNI, but true, permanent power ups are rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
So, anyone think there's a chance of Fiamma taking Kakeru's arm after Kakeru is inevitably beaten? It's been made obvious that he still has the Holy Right, but lacks control of it due lacking a suitable arm to contain it. I'd think Kakeru's arm would be a usable replacement. After all, Imagine Breaker was capable of integrating with the Holy Right, albeit imperfectly.
The chance of this happening is almost zero, for two reasons:

1) Kamachi has never been known to completely undo a nerf to a character. Even if they can regain part of their power, it is never by undoing what nerfed them in the first place. Accelerator's wings may make him stronger than he was before his brain damage, but they do not undo it. At the end of the day, he still has brain damage regardless of how many times he uses his wings and has to rely on the Misaka Network in his daily life.

2) If WR is anything like IB, then it cannot be stolen and will make Kakeru's arm regrow if it is destroyed. Fiamma taking Kakeru's arm would only lead to a repeat of what happened in Volume 22.

Then again, I've been wrong before. I thought a Magic God couldn't be much stronger than Fiamma, if at all, and I was wrong. I thought there couldn't be more Magic Gods after Othinus and I was wrong. I thought true Gremlin would get a long arc to themselves and I was wrong. Kamachi finds ways to surprise me at every turn, so I won't completely discount any possibility.
Old 2015-08-17, 08:02   Link #1000
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom_Paperclip View Post
By that logic, I power up whenever I put my shoes on.
you dont get stronger by doing this but you power up if you take a stone into your hands, it increases a bit of you basic stats...temporary or not
Quote:
I believe that to qualify as a true power up, your actual inherent powers have to increase, or you have to receive an item that is bound to you such that it can be considered your own power.
i agree, a true power up would be like that, but other kinds are also there :/
Quote:
Your extra power can't come from a source that can be taken from you.
if this is the case than accels wings are no power up since (accodring to some theorys) they are from aim field input caused by aleister :/
and fiammas and othinus's power ups too and what would be with toumas IB who seeks his hosts and could leave hhim at anytime?
Quote:
According to this definition, I believe that the only real power ups we've seen so far are Accelerator's, Kakine's and maybe, just maybe, Takitsubo's.
yes to kakine but no to accel, and takitsubos is relying on outside methods for the power up, and more than that, it is temporary :/
Quote:
Temporary increases in power are a dime a dozen in TAMNI, but true, permanent power ups are rare.
agree, and more than that, they are also fragile/unstable :/

Tags
light novel