AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2021-05-13, 06:40   Link #241
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
It's a fairly uneventful novel but here's a quickie.
Spoiler for Volume 9 summary:
Well, atleast that clears up that the Light Novel is still ongoing, unlike the Web Novel, which had finished after the Pope plot.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-13, 13:48   Link #242
sasuke706

That doesn't mean the LN is necessarily still ongoing. Volume 9 was released over 2 years ago and while the gap between the overall LN volume sequel releases seems to have increased with the coming of COVID, that's still a pretty long time for a series dependent on selling enough. Author's mentioned sales before and was hoping it'd sell well in the afterword as well.

Volume 9 likely didn't sell that well (I wish I knew how to check sales to any degree of accuracy), hence the long gap, but might come back due to it getting an anime and anime usually boost sales.

It was designed to continue though, yes.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-20, 08:31   Link #243
fishstick

@sasuke706 - thx much for the info

Lauren and Rita (the maid) were the two girls Arc saved way back in LN01, like shortly after his transfer into this new world

and like Huh...? said, looks good that the series seems to be ongoing if LN09 reads like a setup volume
fishstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-30, 05:31   Link #244
Wheeljack83

This story definitely feels like the anti-Overlord.

It's basically the exact same premise. Similar character and protagonist. Similar ideas and situation. Main difference is that it's a little less nihilistic. Rather than play the role of the world's ultimate villain and despot, the protagonist has decided to play the role of the hero.

Also I don't mind this at all. I see this story as a companion piece to Overlord. That said, the similarities between these two stories are hard to ignore. But I also like the idea of stories set in RPG type worlds exploring different scenarios or versions of similar ideas. It's sort of like the way RPGs themselves can be played.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-30, 14:33   Link #245
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishstick View Post
and like Huh...? said, looks good that the series seems to be ongoing if LN09 reads like a setup volume
Well, i read the "Afterword" of LN v09, and it seems that the Author left it as an Open End for now, so that he could End the Series with LN v09, if he doesn't feel like continuing the Series.

Main reason for him not focusing, is the low Sales of the Light Novel, which is affecting his interest in continuing writing the Series. Though he seems to be somewhat worried as well, considering the Manga is popular (which is the reason why he ended up writing LN v09 in the first place, considering he originally planned to End the LN with v08).

Well, in the end, it all depends how the Anime adaptation for this Series (releasing in 2022) does, and whether it helps boost the sales or not. Or, whether Author gets re-interested in the story because of the upcoming Anime (without considering the sales aspects).

Or else we can practically say that the Author probably won't write another volume.

Here is the "Afterword" from LN v09 (as per "Seven Seas" translation), for anyone interested.
Spoiler:

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-23, 18:16   Link #246
fishstick

Volume 10 summary (obvious spoilers ahead)

early digital release was released

Spoiler for don't click me:

Last edited by fishstick; 2023-02-24 at 13:29.
fishstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clumsy protagonist, cursed protagonist, not harem, skeleton paladin