AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Fruits Basket zodiac sign character?
Yuki (rat) 11 9.91%
Kyo (cat) 54 48.65%
Shigure (dog) 24 21.62%
Momiji (bunny) 15 13.51%
Kagura (boar) 12 10.81%
Hatsuharu (cow) 9 8.11%
Hatori ([sea]dragon) 12 10.81%
Ayame (snake) 11 9.91%
Kisa (tiger) 26 23.42%
Hiro (sheep) 4 3.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-08-22, 16:32   Link #41
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imazul
Buy it now, every anime fan should own a copy of Fruit Basket.
Agreed; it's a great show, and well worth the money. I agree with xris that Funimation did a really good job with this release; even the English dub, while not quite as effective as the Japanese one, is quite well done. Plus, at $100, it's a great value - the upcoming boxset makes it that much more appealing. So, yeah, I say definitely buy it - if not now, for sure when the boxset comes out. You already said you loved the show, so it's pretty hard to go wrong spending money on things you already know you like. (Then again, this could be why my bank balance never grows... )
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 06:49   Link #42
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
The FUNi DVDs of Fruits Basket are fine, apart from dodgy AV quality (when you look closely on a monitor) and some other things I COULD nitpick about.

But, they're fine.

So go buy them.
Now.

I need the last volume still
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 07:36   Link #43
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
I'm waiting for a Right Stuf FUNi sale to pick up that boxset for $54 USD
Also note the $100 pricetag is the MSRP, many stores, online and off will sell anime DVDs at lower than the MSRP--how much lower depends on where you shop.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 14:59   Link #44
Kasshin
Kasshin X Kasshin

Send a message via ICQ to Kasshin Send a message via AIM to Kasshin Send a message via MSN to Kasshin
I recall there being extremely bad timing when watching Fruits Basket DVDs. Subs appearing and disappearing over no dialogue, random places to split up monologues, and just very strange, though consistent, leadin / leadout values.
Kasshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 15:20   Link #45
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasshin
I recall there being extremely bad timing when watching Fruits Basket DVDs. Subs appearing and disappearing over no dialogue, random places to split up monologues, and just very strange, though consistent, leadin / leadout values.
There is only one spot in the entire series of DVDs that I've noticed anything like that, and all that happened was a subtitle vanished about 2 seconds before the dialogue ended. Could it be, rather, that you had the wrong subtitle track enabled?
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 15:21   Link #46
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
i dunt know if this series is great. Assuming it is imma get my copy when the boxed set comes out in november. it will prolly be along the lines of 80 bucks in bestbuy
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 18:06   Link #47
auriya

I'll wait for the box set in November. Thanks you guys for your advice. ^_^
auriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 21:32   Link #48
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasshin
There's some fairly bad timing.
Complete ignorance when it comes to cutting subs for scene changes.
Complete ignorance when it comes to relising that JOINING SUBS THAT ARE TEN SECONDS APART IS NOT COOL
Also, the timer/typesetter seemed completely incablable of doing anythung with a song playing AND two people speaking.
But it's certainly not that bad: Most of the start and end times are "consistant", I guess.
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 11:14   Link #49
Ayame
Inuzuka Kiba Glomper

Who is your favorite Fruits Basket zodiac sign character?

Who is your favorite Fruits Basket zodiac sign character?
Ayame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 11:18   Link #50
Ayame
Inuzuka Kiba Glomper

: D okay, I voted for 4 characters, I couldn't choose ;-;
Kyo: He's cool : D
Shigure: funny!
Hatsuharu: cool too
Kisa: cutest cuteness!
Ayame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 12:47   Link #51
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Ok great... so there was a furuba thread... need to ask something.......

i read somewhere that the manga has a bit more than the anime in the sense that it introduces one or two more juunishi characters than the anime... I just can't remember where i heard this but someone said that the mangga ended a little further than the anime... is that true? if it is... i'm going out to get it... let me know please!!!
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 14:02   Link #52
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
i read somewhere that the manga has a bit more than the anime in the sense that it introduces one or two more juunishi characters than the anime... I just can't remember where i heard this but someone said that the mangga ended a little further than the anime... is that true? if it is... i'm going out to get it... let me know please!!!
Yeah that's true.

Now, go get it!
Old 2004-09-19, 13:17   Link #53
jimmy_1

Fruits Basket S. 2

Will Fruits Basket season 2 be out on DVD..? Is it anyplaces to see if it`s mentioned something about it..`?
jimmy_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 13:22   Link #54
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_1
Will Fruits Basket season 2 be out on DVD..? Is it anyplaces to see if it`s mentioned something about it..`?
There's no such thing as Fruits Basket series 2, nor will there ever be (or at least it's most unlikely there will ever be a second series).

If you want to find out more of the story you will have to read the manga. It's being translated by TokyoPop so it's available in English.

(note: I will merge this thread in with the main Fruits Basket thread)
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 13:33   Link #55
Fronzel
Schmuck

Fruits Basket box?

Funimation was supposed to release the Fruits Basket art box empty for those who had already bought all the discs. Does anyone know where I can get it?
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 14:07   Link #56
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I'm pretty sure that Right Stuf is still selling the empty box.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 05:33   Link #57
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
gotta to be dragon, cos they just rule
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 07:29   Link #58
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
Ok great... so there was a furuba thread... need to ask something.......

Yeah, the manga has now introduced all the juunishi and there are plenty of twists and turns going on. It looks like the mangaka is planning to set up Tohru with
Spoiler for UNBELIEVEABLY HUGE SPOILER:
Also the manga hasn't ended yet. It just passed chapter 100 recently and comes out in fits and bursts so I don't know how or when it will end. In short, GET IT!
Old 2004-11-25, 09:30   Link #59
Lady_D
Bishounen Watcher

I also adore Fruits Basket, (both the anime and the manga) I finished collecting the anime series DVD's some months ago, and am now waiting for manga #6. I doubt the anime will ever get another season (waaaahhhh!) but I hope to see how things eventually come together in the manga. Kyo rocks!
Lady_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 12:40   Link #60
Kyonkichi
Kyo Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei
I've been watching this anime Fruits Basket, which is barely heard of. I'd just like to recommend it to anyone looking for a new guy/girl/love anime. It's adorable! So far I've only gotten through about 6 of the episodes, but I already loved it from the first one.

Here's a site with a summary...

http://www.animeacademy.com/library/...itsbasket.html

I love it! Watch it!

*There's only 26 episodes and it's easy to find.

...Gee, I sound like a commercial.
How can you say it's barely heard of!The Manga is one the top selling shojo manga in the world. Not to mention the fact that the manga is actually better than the anime(I didn't like the choice of voice actors)There are currently 13 manga released by Tokyopop in the US and the plot is so much deeper than that of the anime. #14 will be released in August featuring the ever-mysterious Kureno Sohma(THe rooster who doesn't appear in the anime).#13 has rin (Isuzu) sohma(the horse) on the cover who also is not in the anime(Possibly because she's not nice and does not like tohru). Kyo is also a lot hotter in the manga and a lot more mysterious. He also matures a bit and fights a lot less with Yuki by the 10th book.(though there is still some cnflict) So I urge you to buy both (I have) and distinguish which one you like better! Sayonara!
~Kyonkichi~
PS The voice actor who does Ayame's voice in the anime also does vegita in DBZ
PPS The English theme songs(Beginning and end)of the anime are just translated from the original Japanese songz.(And done a bit poorly, i think)
Kyonkichi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, shojo