AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-07-29, 23:24   Link #81
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I barely remember where we left off before Naruto set off for Gilligan's Island.

Kabuto and Madara were making plans.
Konoha and the other villages were planning for war.
Sasuke was itching to try his new eyes.

Hopefully 505 has a huge cliffhanger and the war starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madv2c View Post
I don't see how the Naruto x Hinata flame can still be alive. Hinata practically confessed Naruto was her everything, and she loved him madly 30 chapters ago... yet nothing happened? There has been no development, they barely even talked to each other afterwords. If that doesn't say "rejection", i don't know what does; i'm sure Hinata got the message.
Nah. Romance isn't imporant in this manga. So expecting a followup anytime soon with the confession was folly. Kishi will get around to it...eventually.

Romance stuff should probably go here. Official Romance in Naruto Thread
Old 2010-07-29, 23:33   Link #82
Lunarskylar

i agree, especiallly with kabuto and his edo tenseii just lurking in the shadows of convenient plot devices

it makes you wonder if kishi had planned the half kyuubi power from the near beginning, because it makes sandaime so desperate to stop the 4th edo tensei coffin from opening even more understandable
kyuubi powered hiraishin -shudders- a faith worse than death
Old 2010-07-29, 23:33   Link #83
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
If there is any kind of romance in the end, it'll probably still be Naruto x Hinata or nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
i agree, especiallly with kabuto and his edo tenseii just lurking in the shadows of convenient plot devices

it makes you wonder if kishi had planned the half kyuubi power from the near beginning, because it makes sandaime so desperate to stop the 4th edo tensei coffin from opening even more understandable
kyuubi powered hiraishin -shudders- a faith worse than death
omg if sandime had to fight Minato as well.....dam he would have lost.
Old 2010-07-29, 23:34   Link #84
Fruits Basket Fan

Yeah, in dream land.

Both NH and NS parallels with Kushina: suck.

But overall, emotional chapter.
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 23:47   Link #85
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

When did Minato said to the third to treat Naruto as a hero. He only said to bring the toad key to Jiraiya?
Old 2010-07-29, 23:55   Link #86
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I barely remember where we left off before Naruto set off for Gilligan's Island.
We were all hoping for the Lost Island, hell even Uninhabited Planet Survive's Island, but instead we got Gilligan's Island...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Hopefully 505 has a huge cliffhanger and the war starts.
Yeah, I think I said something similar on the 2nd page. I liked Naruto's previous 2 training arcs far better because they were interspersed with the Kirabi v. Sasuke/ Pain v. Konoha fight or the Team 10 v. Hidan/Kakuzu fight. This training arc may have had some pivotal information, but sadly the majority of the past 12 or so chapters have been dead boring...

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
When did Minato said to the third to treat Naruto as a hero. He only said to bring the toad key to Jiraiya?
I guess it was just assumed...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 00:02   Link #87
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
maybe sandaime was trying to fill in the blanks of why yondaime sealed the kyuubi in naruto,
after all minato didnt get the chance at all to tell the third about madara attacking him, and him wanting to give his son the power to defeat him in the future, so hiruzen may be a bit confused rightt now as to why minato just sacrificed his life, orphaned his kid, and ruined his childhood
damn, deadbeat dad much? Naruto shuda punched him twice now that i think about it
Old 2010-07-30, 00:12   Link #88
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I guess it was just assumed...
-Or maybe that's how Minato/Hiruzen saw Kushina's status as a jinchuuriki? But this raises my question: why the crappy childhood? Shouldn't Kushina's Uzumaki family name ring a bell to these people of Konoha. Its not like she was some no-name, no-connections woman. She was the wife of the freaking Yondaime Hokage. They also should have known that she was expecting a kid unless they thought she must have been hiding a melon behind her clothes for 10 months. So then, what is it with these people? They'll respect Mito and Kushina (as they should anyway) but the moment its an orphan that takes up the mantle, they start treating them like shit? Oi vey, Konoha inhabitants suck. No wonder a lot of places want them dead.
Old 2010-07-30, 00:34   Link #89
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Or maybe that's how Minato/Hiruzen saw Kushina's status as a jinchuuriki? But this raises my question: why the crappy childhood? Shouldn't Kushina's Uzumaki family name ring a bell to these people of Konoha. Its not like she was some no-name, no-connections woman. She was the wife of the freaking Yondaime Hokage. They also should have known that she was expecting a kid unless they thought she must have been hiding a melon behind her clothes for 10 months. So then, what is it with these people? They'll respect Mito and Kushina (as they should anyway) but the moment its an orphan that takes up the mantle, they start treating them like shit? Oi vey, Konoha inhabitants suck. No wonder a lot of places want them dead.
I agree Kushina was the wife of the Hokage and her Name was Kushina Uzumaki. People in village also new she was pregnant with Minato. Yet how is that they do not know that Naruto was their son? I mean he has the same last name as the fourth's wife he looks the same as Minato and he was born on the same day of Kyuubi attack when kushina had her baby. Did they think that the child died?
I read once in fanfiction that the people's explanation as to why they hate Naruto when he might be the fouth's son, they said that demon chosed to look like their formed hero to hurt them. I wouldn't be surprised if this actually did happen back than.
The only posible reason for this is that almost all in Konoha are stupid. Minato chosed the village over his own son knowing he might be cursing Naruto to a very hard life. Yet the people simple chosed to overlook this facts and blamed Naruto for all. Now I wish Pain didn't brought everyone back to life.

About the romance as i said above in my post, Kishi will just make a time skip where everyone is older and that way want have to bother with shiping, just like DB.

Anyway who wants to bet that Naruto will beat Sasuke with ''hugging no jutsu''
Old 2010-07-30, 00:39   Link #90
ArtCp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
I think it was because of the fox attack on the village. He was being thought of as synonymous with the Kyuubi because of that.

This is also something that seperates him from Kushina's life. They didn't relate her to a disaster that killed alot of people, of course she was shunned as the host always is but not on the same level as Naruto..

Minato should have been able to predict this would happen.

I agree however that there's no good excuse for Konohas behaviour in my opinion. This great morality that Konoha always seem to be so proud of always has the stench of hypocrisy :-(
ArtCp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 02:29   Link #91
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtCp View Post
I think it was because of the fox attack on the village. He was being thought of as synonymous with the Kyuubi because of that.

This is also something that seperates him from Kushina's life. They didn't relate her to a disaster that killed alot of people, of course she was shunned as the host always is but not on the same level as Naruto..

Minato should have been able to predict this would happen.

I agree however that there's no good excuse for Konohas behaviour in my opinion. This great morality that Konoha always seem to be so proud of always has the stench of hypocrisy :-(
from what it seems, it doesn't even matter who you are if you're a jinchuuriki, ppl still hate you.
Gaara was the yondaime kazekage's son and still hated, even by his dad himself -.-
and bee is the raikage's brother, and was still hated.
When ppl saw naruto, they only saw the kyuubi who killed their loved ones,
so essentially, they all prob knew he was the fourth's son, but they didn't think it constituted as being a good enough excuse to give a damn
Old 2010-07-30, 02:42   Link #92
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Did I just read the Passion of the Uzumaki's?

So many forced emotions stabbing my fragile heart! Dam you! you lovable Kushina!
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 06:04   Link #93
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
So many forced emotions stabbing my fragile heart! Dam you! you lovable Kushina!
Yeah, chapter was sweet. Though I hope we can finally move on now.
Old 2010-07-30, 06:14   Link #94
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtCp View Post
Yes, the Kyuubi couldn't have been destroyed with Kushina. But why couldn't for example Minato be the host while transfering Kushina's chakra to him instead of Naruto?
Minato can't be the host since only Kushina could seal the demon in herself with her special chakra, then she would die and the kyuubi disappear for some time. Minato had two seals but neither of the two could completely seal kyuubi, he had to do both seals to seal it. And it seems he had to use the dead demon seal first, to weaken the demon enough to be able to use the other seal and he still needed Kushina's help of course. It seems that only Madara and the 1st hokage were able to control a free (one which is not sealed in any way) kyuubi, anyone else who didn't have the bloodline had no chance. Of course Kishimoto's explanation for having to use 2 seals and all that seems farfetched, we can clearly see here how he invented this to be able to explain why both parents had to die. But i don't care about that because the chapter was so emotional that everything else just doesn't matter.

Also now we have 2 kyuubi's it seems, so i can see people complaining in the future about this, when Madara completes the 10-tails with only one half people will complain that the 10-tails is imperfect and that it's a plot hole to be able to create the 10-tails without extracting kyuubi from Naruto.

BTW we could see Minato and half of kyuubi in one picture, before this chapter i was thinking that it's likely that Kabuto summoned Minato, however seeing how Minato has half of the demon that Madara wants so bad why would Madara be unhappy to see the fox within his reach.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 06:55   Link #95
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

im beginning to think u cant edo tensei someone who died using the Dead Demon Seal...why would sandaime bother sealing the first two hokages if they could just be resurrected again...unless he was betting that he could actually kill orochimaru and there was not be anyone else who could raise the dead. consequently, i dont think minato was in that third coffin
Old 2010-07-30, 07:38   Link #96
Ashaman

In the manga there was no third coffin; it didn't rise at all.

Saru thinks he stopped it, but I'm not so sure.
Old 2010-07-30, 10:16   Link #97
Pentium
Uchiha

People have thought of the possibility that Sasuke could be the destined child. Remember it was said the child will bring destruction or peace? Could be that Sasuke has a change of mind right at the end and kills Madara kind of like Star Wars story...

Quote by Cub-Sama: Say that to Raikage who's awesomeness can only be compared to what would happen if Samuel L MOTHERF*CKING Jackson and Mr. T had a child who was raised by Rambo. Even with Sage Mode I think Raikage can b*tch slap Naruto into next week.
Pentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 10:29   Link #98
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentium View Post
People have thought of the possibility that Sasuke could be the destined child. Remember it was said the child will bring destruction or peace? Could be that Sasuke has a change of mind right at the end and kills Madara kind of like Star Wars story...
It could be possible, except for one key detail, the "Chosen One" is supposed to be a student of Jiraiya's. So, unless Kishimto does some serious retconning, there is no way for Sasuke to be the "Chosen One".
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 11:03   Link #99
iBeast

Touching chapter... lets get on with the war already Kishi.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 11:19   Link #100
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madv2c View Post
I don't see how the Naruto x Hinata flame can still be alive. Hinata practically confessed Naruto was her everything, and she loved him madly 30 chapters ago... yet nothing happened? There has been no development, they barely even talked to each other afterwords. If that doesn't say "rejection", i don't know what does; i'm sure Hinata got the message.

Sakura and Naruto have been portrayed as friends since the beginning, i doubt Sakura will ever care for him in that way, plus this is a kids show. >_>
Their romance will either be forced in the end or they will be shown together with a child in an epilogue. Or Naruto dies at the very end? That'd be interesting too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
And they shouldn't really even be worried about Madara's plan anymore. Kyuubi isn't complete so there's no way to complete the plan. The jyuubi moon will probably turn out blind or have a lazy eye.
I'm sure Madara knows about that and took it into account.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion