AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-19, 20:07   Link #12221
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
In Ai Kora ( Love & Collage), all signs pointed to a final pairing of the main guy and of course, the first girl he met. There was next to no doubt there would be an official pairing... but the author blew everything up by having the guy not pick one of the girls after all (the idea behind Ai Kora is that the guy liked each of the girls for a various body part... and in the main girl's case, it was her eyes. So, leave it to the author to piss off all the fan by not having the guy mature at all from the beginning in the end...)
Gah! You should have used the Spoiler tag, I was reading Ai Kora

Oh well, too late now. I don't mind spoilers but, damn that's a lame ass ending. I actually thought that Hachi was gonna end up with Sakurako at the end. Seriously, the signs were pretty good that they'd end up together, what a cop out

Hopefully there's a definite pairing by the end of R+V. There's been some subtle and not so subtle hints that it'll be Tsukune x Moka at the end but I'd be pissed if it was another lame "I can't pick" ending.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 20:21   Link #12222
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post

Oh well, too late now. I don't mind spoilers but, damn that's a lame ass ending. I actually thought that Hachi was gonna end up with Sakurako at the end. Seriously, the signs were pretty good that they'd end up together, what a cop out
and hence why the author of that is said to have diamond titanium steel balls...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 20:26   Link #12223
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Two words:

Plasma. Cutter.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 21:06   Link #12224
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam

Oh, ouch.
Old 2009-11-19, 22:59   Link #12225
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
and hence why the author of that is said to have diamond titanium steel balls...
Even that would break from a full-powered kick from Inner if Tsukune ever tried to pull something like that with her...
Old 2009-11-19, 22:59   Link #12226
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I stopped following Ai Kora about around chapter 35, so it's no sweat off my balls.

I really hope that with the developments in R+V so far and the serious tone of things have been taking for this second season, that it does end with a satisfying conclusion.

Personally I think maybe giving Moka the ability to split at will would be the best route to go, because it will still give the occasional harem like feel, if all the other girls are paired off with some other guys, but it would also make Moka that much more unique, and still allow Moka's two halves to marry Tsukune as one entity, thus getting around any potential legal issues, should any arise.

Though, if the author of Ai Kora has "diamond titanium steel balls" for NOT pursuing a pairing, then what kind of balls would it take for the author to kill off the well-liked protagonist in the end, with or without a definite pairing?
Old 2009-11-19, 23:08   Link #12227
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm still convinced that the two personalities of Moka will merge. Considering Inner is the real Moka, the outer was just a persona born from her repressed Youki. "Splitting" the two personalities will just make things more complicated than it already is.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 23:36   Link #12228
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

@Grr

We would call that Chrno Crusade... there are other works which have done that, but I can't think of them off the top of my head right now

and the only reason why I use that expression is because you've gotta be really gutsy (or ballsy, in this case) to piss off all the fans and not give a damn about their reaction. Besides, it still works out: even if they sell/burn all the volumes up to that point, the author already made money on those sales... [/rambling now]

Old 2009-11-20, 00:05   Link #12229
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm still convinced that the two personalities of Moka will merge. Considering Inner is the real Moka, the outer was just a persona born from her repressed Youki. "Splitting" the two personalities will just make things more complicated than it already is.
Well, yeah I also yhink that "splitting" would certainly, bring more trouble.

But, why do you think the "merging" of the Two Moka's is going to happen.

As I see it, Tsukune is already treating Inner and Outer Moka as Moka ( I think she loves them both ), if she where to merge her two personalities, into one wouldn't that make her fell that she lost something - and how Tsukune would take it ?

We still don't know how the Rosario works. I mean it's true that it seals Inner Moka and gave birth to Outer Moka, and Tsukune is the key to unseal Inner Moka.

What I mean is why Moka's personality split in too ? What is a difference between a limiter like Khaula's and Moka's Rosario.

In chapter 16 of the second season of the manga it was also mentioned by Inner Moka that " if she stays awake too long, then the Rosario seal would start breaking", or something like that.

Well, what I meant to say that merging the Two Moka's could also make things more complicated. And how do you think this "merging" personality would be - more like Outer, more like Inner or maybe a symbiosis of the two Moka's.

Then, also had you thought what this "new" Moka would look like.

We can't say that "merging" Moka would be a salvation to Tsukune's problem of choosing who he want's to be with, well will see , but I don't see right know how merging Outer Moka and Inner Moka is going to work ( and would it even be possible ).

Last edited by Chris38; 2009-11-20 at 00:25.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 00:35   Link #12230
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

... well, there is that real life story of a guy who married twins... I think it was in the Philippines.

anyways, I came up with an idea of what the two Moka's fused together would be like in a little ficlet I wrote some time ago (which is buried in one of the social groups). Basically, you have Outer's kindness, but Inner's confidence and sassiness

and the way the rosario works- The demonic aura is what was suppressed, and because the aura was suppressed= the power and lust for fighting was also suppressed, meaning that the kindess that existed in Moka was allowed to be in control instead, and hence why Outer is the kinder one.

As for Karua- well, she was specifically trained to be an assassin. Keep in mind what happened when she removed her own limiter- she used the transformation ability. Which means (IMO) that less of her overall power is sealed compared to Moka's

While we're on limiters, I have one more theory to throw out- back when Tsukune first recovered from Berserker Vampire mode and got the Holy Lock, he was told by the Exorcist that it "wasn't meant for him". Obviously, it now merges his two blood types together, creating a hybrid... but is a Holy Lock originally meant to completely seal away demonic aura in normal circumstances? After all, Hokuto had to remove his completely to access all the power he did, whereas Tsukune's breaks link by link whenever he uses his power (or at least it used to)

Hm... does that mean that the only way Tsukune is going to have access to his hypotheical "true strength" is by completely removing the Lock? It was originally stated that removing it= Tsukune will die via being overwhelmed by the vampire blood... but with the training he's undergoing, I'm going to guess that statement is no longer entirely true...

Old 2009-11-20, 01:06   Link #12231
Johnny
Working the bags...

How much of what the Chairman says can you actually believe? Sure he said the lock wasn't for Tsukune, but in the later chapters he said it's growing nicely. I'd believe only half of what the Chairman says. For some reason I'd be more eager to trust whatever the Bus Driver says over the Chairman. Although they look like they could be twins...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 02:03   Link #12232
Chris38

Quote:
... well, there is that real life story of a guy who married twins... I think it was in the Philippines.

anyways, I came up with an idea of what the two Moka's fused together would be like in a little ficlet I wrote some time ago (which is buried in one of the social groups). Basically, you have Outer's kindness, but Inner's confidence and sassiness

and the way the rosario works- The demonic aura is what was suppressed, and because the aura was suppressed= the power and lust for fighting was also suppressed, meaning that the kindess that existed in Moka was allowed to be in control instead, and hence why Outer is the kinder one.

As for Karua- well, she was specifically trained to be an assassin. Keep in mind what happened when she removed her own limiter- she used the transformation ability. Which means (IMO) that less of her overall power is sealed compared to Moka's

While we're on limiters, I have one more theory to throw out- back when Tsukune first recovered from Berserker Vampire mode and got the Holy Lock, he was told by the Exorcist that it "wasn't meant for him". Obviously, it now merges his two blood types together, creating a hybrid... but is a Holy Lock originally meant to completely seal away demonic aura in normal circumstances? After all, Hokuto had to remove his completely to access all the power he did, whereas Tsukune's breaks link by link whenever he uses his power (or at least it used to)

Hm... does that mean that the only way Tsukune is going to have access to his hypotheical "true strength" is by completely removing the Lock? It was originally stated that removing it= Tsukune will die via being overwhelmed by the vampire blood... but with the training he's undergoing, I'm going to guess that statement is no longer entirely true...
Well I think it's too early to say that he will manage to control the vampire blood now.
But I could see it happening later in the manga.

And about the Moka's merging together ... well in the previous post I wanted to objectively state what I thought would be the aftermath of Moka's split personality merging. We can't say it will be a perfect "merging" without any complications, but bringing my feelings on the matter I can't say I will be perfectly fine with it. I like Moka the way she is now, because I tend too find both Moka's "unique" and well both brought something different to Tsukune's life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
How much of what the Chairman says can you actually believe? Sure he said the lock wasn't for Tsukune, but in the later chapters he said it's growing nicely. I'd believe only half of what the Chairman says. For some reason I'd be more eager to trust whatever the Bus Driver says over the Chairman. Although they look like they could be twins...
Well I would also take what the Headmaster says with a grain of salt., but it dosen't mean that he is outright lying .. just omitting some parts of the information.

And for me Tsukune's holy lock is a mysterious item ... if I think about it ... maybe what the headmaster meant when he said "it's not meant for Tsukune" is that Tsukune's youkai aura is already strong ... i mean it's the blood of a S-class monster ... and the lock initially couldn't hold all of his youkai energy contained in Tsukune's body ... that's why Tsukune can access his vampire power's, but the lock is breaking .. because even a slight rise of Tsukune's power's cause's it to reach it's limit ... and when the headmaster said "it's growing well" he meant that it's getting used to Tsukune's vampire aura.

The reason why it's not breaking right now could be that after his training with Ruby , Tsukune knows how to control his youkai aura and unlike before, doesn't release the "full" power of the vampire blood. ( That's why he seems to be weaker then Moka at the moment ... I mean without regarding the mater of Inner Moka having more experience ... he just isn't using all of the power Moka's blood is giving him ) The second reason is that the Holy Lock after getting used to Tsukune's vampire aura can contain more of it's power ( without breaking ), in other word's Tsukune's lock "limits" have risen.

The only I don't know right now is how to tie this theory, with Tsukune's "transformation" into a dhampir.

Last edited by Chris38; 2009-11-20 at 02:28.
Old 2009-11-20, 04:04   Link #12233
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Outer Moka is still Moka's personality. My theory is that because her youki got suppressed by the rosario, it also suppressed her stronger personality as well, thus amplifying her "Sweeter" side which is outer Moka. Basically when you take away the stubborn princess personality of the real Moka you're left with Outer Moka basically.

You can't identify Moka as two people, both personalities are one in the same, just one side is suppressed and the other unrestricted. Leaving Moka the way she is now will bring complications in a relationship and splitting her into two Moka's would make it retardedly complicated. The only solution is to turn Moka back to normal, meaning removing the Rosary completely.

Besides, whats with all this splitting nonsense anyway? there hasn't been any talk in the manga where it's even possible.
Old 2009-11-20, 04:33   Link #12234
Chris38

Quote:
Outer Moka is still Moka's personality. My theory is that because her youki got suppressed by the rosario, it also suppressed her stronger personality as well, thus amplifying her "Sweeter" side which is outer Moka. Basically when you take away the stubborn princess personality of the real Moka you're left with Outer Moka basically.

You can't identify Moka as two people, both personalities are one in the same, just one side is suppressed and the other unrestricted. Leaving Moka the way she is now will bring complications in a relationship and splitting her into two Moka's would make it retardedly complicated. The only solution is to turn Moka back to normal, meaning removing the Rosary completely.

Besides, whats with all this splitting nonsense anyway? there hasn't been any talk in the manga where it's even possible.
Why do you think that iy will bring complications in a relationship, as I know so far Tsukune hasn't been seen complaining about Inner Moka, in fact I think he loves both Moka's and it would be a bit depressing for him to see one of the Moka's disappear. I don't remember in the manga that Tsukune mentioned that Inner Moka is giving him problems.

And I don't know if both personalities or one and the same. It's true that they have one body, and Inner Moka has a softer side hidden behind her vampire pride, but her behavior and mentality are a bit different then Outer Moka , the cause that caused the birth of Moka's second personality ( Outer Moka ) is the Rosario, but we don't know much about why sealing her vampire power caused Moka's personality to split ( at least it lead to Outer Moka's "birth. And I don't remember it the process of sealing your youkai power's in a Rosario was being mentioned in the manga ) And as you mentioned turning Moka to normal is a solution but I think it' isn't a completely good solution. True it would leave only one Moka ( and you could say that it's a sort of a merge between them both ), but I think that the current inner Moka would be a bit depressed, because over the years she was sealed, she grew quite fond of Outer Moka. If you don't believe me then what is your take on this scenes:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/rosari...8/c032/37.html

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php...-33&page_nr=12

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php...-33&page_nr=40

For me if she didn't care for Outer Moka, then why would she even promise to Outer Moka that she is going to protect Tsikune. ( of course she covered if with her usual Tsundere behavior )

I just don't understand why do you think that Moka's split personality is a problem that needs solving before she could get together in a relationship with someone.

Last edited by Chris38; 2009-11-20 at 05:20.
Old 2009-11-20, 06:05   Link #12235
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Why do you think that iy will bring complications in a relationship, as I know so far Tsukune hasn't been seen complaining about Inner Moka, in fact I think he loves both Moka's and it would be a bit depressing for him to see one of the Moka's disappear. I don't remember in the manga that Tsukune mentioned that Inner Moka is giving him problems.

And I don't know if both personalities or one and the same. It's true that they have one body, and Inner Moka has a softer side hidden behind her vampire pride, but her behavior and mentality are a bit different then Outer Moka , the cause that caused the birth of Moka's second personality ( Outer Moka ) is the Rosario, but we don't know much about why sealing her vampire power caused Moka's personality to split ( at least it lead to Outer Moka's "birth. And I don't remember it the process of sealing your youkai power's in a Rosario was being mentioned in the manga ) And as you mentioned turning Moka to normal is a solution but I think it' isn't a completely good solution. True it would leave only one Moka ( and you could say that it's a sort of a merge between them both ), but I think that the current inner Moka would be a bit depressed, because over the years she was sealed, she grew quite fond of Outer Moka. If you don't believe me then what is your take on this scenes:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/rosari...8/c032/37.html

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php...-33&page_nr=12

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php...-33&page_nr=40

For me if she didn't care for Outer Moka, then why would she even promise to Outer Moka that she is going to protect Tsikune. ( of course she covered if with her usual Tsundere behavior )

I just don't understand why do you think that Moka's split personality is a problem that needs solving before she could get together in a relationship with someone.
My own take was that, paradoxically, Outer Moka is actually the representation of the Inner Moka's feelings.

There's a concept of having two personality faces, one for social use and one for personal use. You often act differently in public than you would in private. Outer Moka is the private face brought to the surface, and for an extended period of time. While the more usual public face, Inner Moka, has been suppressed, almost like the Rosario has switched the two personalities. I think the Inner Moka/Outer Moka communication is more or less her speaking with herself.

That being said, main reason why I want to see a personality merging or an Inner Moka end is because multiple personalities is essentially considered a mental disorder.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 06:18   Link #12236
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:

I agree, toss the Rosary and problem solved. Outer is just what the real Moka, i.e inner Moka was not willing to show to others. At least that's my theory...

Splitting nonsense, I've seen much worse nonsense float around in this thread before. Besides this is manga land were talking about, anything can happen in manga land. From the normal occurrence, right down to the WTF just happened. I always leave my imagination options open when dealing with manga land...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 08:50   Link #12237
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
My own take was that, paradoxically, Outer Moka is actually the representation of the Inner Moka's feelings.

There's a concept of having two personality faces, one for social use and one for personal use. You often act differently in public than you would in private. Outer Moka is the private face brought to the surface, and for an extended period of time. While the more usual public face, Inner Moka, has been suppressed, almost like the Rosario has switched the two personalities. I think the Inner Moka/Outer Moka communication is more or less her speaking with herself.

That being said, main reason why I want to see a personality merging or an Inner Moka end is because multiple personalities is essentially considered a mental disorder.
Well, it's true that multiple personalities is a mental disorder. But well I kind of dislike this idea of Inner Moka and Outer Moka merging together, well I don't why maybe because I like both Inner and Outer Moka as characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I agree, toss the Rosary and problem solved. Outer is just what the real Moka, i.e inner Moka was not willing to show to others. At least that's my theory...

Splitting nonsense, I've seen much worse nonsense float around in this thread before. Besides this is manga land were talking about, anything can happen in manga land. From the normal occurrence, right down to the WTF just happened. I always leave my imagination options open when dealing with manga land...
It all depends on where Moka is going to live ... because if we toss the Rosario away won't Moka look like Inner Moka ( silver hair, fangs, vampire eyes ) If Tsukune and Moka decide for some unknown reason to be together in the Human World won't those traits show that Moka isn't "human". Of course I think that is unlikely, but I think that without the rosary Inner Moka couldn't hide what type of a youkai she is. If I remember correctly after Inner Moka was released no youkai wasn't able to guess her "true" form incorrectly .

So we have to consider where Moka is going to live when the story is over.
Old 2009-11-20, 09:23   Link #12238
KoSa333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
And for me Tsukune's holy lock is a mysterious item ... if I think about it ... maybe what the headmaster meant when he said "it's not meant for Tsukune" is that Tsukune's youkai aura is already strong ... i mean it's the blood of a S-class monster ... and the lock initially couldn't hold all of his youkai energy contained in Tsukune's body ... that's why Tsukune can access his vampire power's, but the lock is breaking .. because even a slight rise of Tsukune's power's cause's it to reach it's limit ... and when the headmaster said "it's growing well" he meant that it's getting used to Tsukune's vampire aura.
Quote:
I agree with these theories but one more thing:
Both of moka and tsukune have a real indentity these are the inner ones (in tsukune's case the ghoul) and the holy lock/rosario seals them and their power (tsukune's lock is much weaker as Chris said that's why he can use a bit of his power).
That explains why the headmaster said if he remove the holy lock he will be dead.
And it also explains why hokuto changed into a bone monster instantly when he removed the holy lock.
See: http://www.onemanga.com/Rosario-Vampire/33/31/
(headmaster: It is used to maintain ur humanity)
So the holy lock tsukune has and moka's rosario are the same the only difference is that tsukune's lock is much weaker, and the outer moka is inner moka's "non-vampire" side
That means tsukune will never be able to remove the lock, because its not for locking the youki but the ghoul.

The question is will tsukune be able to control his ghoul side? (they have 2 different personalities like moka has and inner and outer moka can't control each other but of course there's the case of hokuto that can be positive)
What do you think?
KoSa333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 09:55   Link #12239
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSa333 View Post
Both of moka and tsukune have a real indentity these are the inner ones (in tsukune's case the ghoul) and the holy lock/rosario seals them and their power (tsukune's lock is much weaker as Chris said that's why he can use a bit of his power).
That explains why the headmaster said if he remove the holy lock he will be dead.
And it also explains why hokuto changed into a bone monster instantly when he removed the holy lock.
So the holy lock tsukune has and moka's rosario are the same the only difference is that tsukune's lock is much weaker, and the outer moka is inner moka's "non-vampire" side
That means tsukune will never be able to remove the lock, because its not for locking the youki but the ghoul.

The question is will tsukune be able to control his ghoul side? (they have 2 different personalities like moka has and inner and outer moka can't control each other but of course there's the case of hokuto that can be positive)
What do you think?
I think that Tsukune will be able to control his ghoul side ( or whatever you want to call it ), and if look at Hokuto's case then we can see that humans can learn to control their power's given to them, by injecting them with youkai blood.

The problem is what will happen after that, will his personality change to be more in tune with his vampire instincts, are will he become like Moka ( Tsukune will have a kinder - Outer attitude and a Inner - more like a male tsundere, basically similar to Inner Moka )

Well and it will definitely trouble Tsukune's harem if he develops a second personality like Moka has , at least some of the girls or not going to like it.

Still, we don't know much about vampire's in this manga to know what could happen when Tsukune "masters" his powers. So while it's possible that he's personality is going to be more in tune with his vampire instincts I kind of doubt it that Tsukune is going to develop a second personality, because wouldn't that complicate the story even more ( and it's already complicated )

Last edited by Chris38; 2009-11-20 at 12:20.
Old 2009-11-20, 13:36   Link #12240
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSa333 View Post

What do you think?
Um... Wrong, the lock acts as an inhibitor. Like a funnel effect to keep the vampire blood from running rampant on its own. Think of it as a dam if you will. A Dam hold's back a massive amount of water, just as the lock holds back the youki, but the dam still lets out water, but it's controlled. Just like the lock is for Tsukune.

His physical being is already altered due to the vampire blood in his system.

Moka is still crazy strong even with her youki suppressed. This was shown several times already throughout the series. There's nothing human about her, other than appearance.

Edit:

@Chris

The reason why splitting the two personalities will cause a major issue is because Tsukune is already struggling with what to do with the girls as it is. Adding another one to the mix will only cause more problems. Especially if the author decide to go for a Moka only ending, then which Moka will he choose? Both? Wouldn't that be the polygamy end that you were against? Or you're just favoring Moka?

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire