Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-10, 23:42   Link #1361
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Yeah the ending of ep 23 had a little huh? going on with it. Shouldn't Ryner be able to wipe the floor with Sion though? Unless a third party gets involved or they nerf Ryner on purpose to make it more angsty and all...
I agree with Ryner holding back plus it looks like Sion summoned a dozen of those undead soldiers (the ones that the guys in Gastark were examining a few episodes back).And, since Ryner usually does long range attacks, I'd imagine he's in trouble with a dozen people attacking to kill him in close combat.

@Sinta: Either Sion's dark side just won out and he wants to kill Ryner (or possibly eat according to the mythology in the previous episode) or he really didn't like his birthday party.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 00:06   Link #1362
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
... or he really didn't like his birthday party.

So any bets (from non-novel readers):

1:2 Ryner + last minute Ferris own Shion & co; unrealistic, but cool ending
1:3 Ryner owns Shion, logical ending
1:5 Ryner gets pawned by Miran; political/gay ending
1:10 Ryner is owned by Ferris' psycho brother; that would be interesting
1:INF Shion faces Ryner straight, wins, and enjoys his political games with his mistress ... Miran; OK, obviously, this is impossible ... right

Anyway, jokes aside, this show would have been great if they cut down all the politics and focused on the characters. Even ep.23 was better than 4-15

The show's politics remind me of reading conservatives' press statesments here in Germany ... unimaginative, boring, and pointless

Also I wonder can they fit in Kiefer and Gastark crowd in the final episode, because if they don't and do not announce a second season, wouldn't it make their existence utterly pointless.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 00:36   Link #1363
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post

So any bets (from non-novel readers):

1:2 Ryner + last minute Ferris own Shion & co; unrealistic, but cool ending
1:3 Ryner owns Shion, logical ending
1:5 Ryner gets pawned by Miran; political/gay ending
1:10 Ryner is owned by Ferris' psycho brother; that would be interesting
1:INF Shion faces Ryner straight, wins, and enjoys his political games with his mistress ... Miran; OK, obviously, this is impossible ... right

Anyway, jokes aside, this show would have been great if they cut down all the politics and focused on the characters. Even ep.23 was better than 4-15

The show's politics remind me of reading conservatives' press statesments here in Germany ... unimaginative, boring, and pointless

Also I wonder can they fit in Kiefer and Gastark crowd in the final episode, because if they don't and do not announce a second season, wouldn't it make their existence utterly pointless.
How about Sion just turns out to be a super badass and totally pawns Ryner with his super powers!!!!(Since he is "emo **** batman".) .... Okay, yeah, that was a little gay, but hey someones gotta be in Sion's corner!! ..... Sorry Used Can.

Haha, I like the show for it's intense politics.
Tennyo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 04:23   Link #1364
SakuraAyanami
Skies Of Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
didn't you guys pay attention to earlier posts that we are translating it at baka-tsuki?? Since September I've started the project.
hahahaha true to be told, It was the first time I entered this thread, and I went straight to the last episode discussion
SakuraAyanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 04:34   Link #1365
giorno

Quote:

@Sinta: Either Sion's dark side just won out and he wants to kill Ryner (or possibly eat according to the mythology in the previous episode) or he really didn't like his birthday party.
nah, Sion is trying to kill Ryner before the hero takes over...most likely, he wants to spare him from a fate worse than death...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 08:06   Link #1366
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

giorno was spot on. If Sion's dark side won out, he'd have no qualms eating Ryner, but that'd mean subjecting Ryner to eternal torment, according to Riphal. So as a friend, Sion would prefer to give Ryner a mercy kill before that happens.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 08:10   Link #1367
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Nice episode . Fireworks + Song was beautiful . Ryner x Sion friendship too .
I loled for the birthday dango cake made by Ferris and Ryner seems used to dango .
Ferris blush was so cute.
Anyway , cliffhanger ending . Ouch ...
I think it's 26 episodes , if it's 24 episodes then , cliffhanger ending + Season 2 obligated !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 11:35   Link #1368
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Neither side wants to kill him. Shion doesn't want to kill him 'cause he'll be left alone without any friends. So he can't bring himself to mercy kill him before his dark half takes over, instead he just tries to drive him away.

Shion is trying to sabotage his own plans. He beats himself up about not being strong enough to kill his best friend in order to save him from actually getting stabbed in the back and then damned to hell.

Instead of killing his best friend, he substantially wants him to run away. In the end I think his real hope is for Ryner to find a way to defeat him and end his villainy. He could see Ryner as the tool for his salvation.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 11:50   Link #1369
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
In the end I think his real hope is for Ryner to find a way to defeat him and end his villainy. He could see Ryner as the tool for his salvation.
That kinda reminds me of Lelouch's Zero Reqiuem.
Old 2010-12-11, 13:56   Link #1370
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

Wow.... since it's already been stated, can you really call the Hero his "dark" side? (yeah, I know I'm stirring the pot a little.) I mean it definitely is when you are looking at it from Ryner's perspective, but I don't think anything is that cut and dry in this series.
Tennyo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 20:02   Link #1371
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Nice episode . Fireworks + Song was beautiful . Ryner x Sion friendship too .
I loled for the birthday dango cake made by Ferris and Ryner seems used to dango .
Ferris blush was so cute.
Anyway , cliffhanger ending . Ouch ...
I think it's 26 episodes , if it's 24 episodes then , cliffhanger ending + Season 2 obligated !
.. This ruined my day .. Well kinda. I've read about LOLH only from wikia and it has said there 26 episodes all the time so I figured we've still got 3 episodes left.. and now I am to believe the next episode will be the last ? I just don't see it happening so soon .. Well, I'll pray for second season but I doubt we'll get one
Old 2010-12-12, 04:22   Link #1372
ninja_pintu

Does anyone know how much material from the original source is left to cover in the last episode? Just wondering if they'll be able to adequately finish the series without rushing it
Old 2010-12-12, 04:57   Link #1373
blewin

I peeked at the end of ep 23 and since it's a cliffhanger (plus next week's eipsode is the last), I'm gonna wait till next week's comes out and watch all 2 episodes in one go.

still, not that thrilled about the ending since it's just the ending of the prequel!!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 08:14   Link #1374
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^What's that supposed to mean ? Does LOLH continue much further in the novels from the point the anime will end at ? If so, maybe there's hope for S2 :x
Old 2010-12-12, 09:09   Link #1375
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^What's that supposed to mean ? Does LOLH continue much further in the novels from the point the anime will end at ? If so, maybe there's hope for S2 :x
Denyuuden is the prequel to daidensetsu no yuusha no densetsu, the 'meat of the story', so to speak. There're 8 volumes out now, with a 9th coming out in December, and the 10th(presumably the last) volume sometime next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
Does anyone know how much material from the original source is left to cover in the last episode? Just wondering if they'll be able to adequately finish the series without rushing it
Oh, there will be more than enough time to do the ending justice, considering how fast the anime skipped over the last two volumes. In fact, they have an entire episode dedicated to one chapter and one epilogue, I think. Now, it's up to the anime staff to efficiently utilize that time.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 11:13   Link #1376
klare

after seeing the happy moments with the fireworks and cake, already expecting a thunderstorm coming

i cannot understand why a person like Shion will choose to fight Ryner alone, he is more of the strategy and leader type, he should have more effective ways in killing Ryner

there are so many things waiting to be resolved, i wonder how they are going to end this series...
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 19:33   Link #1377
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
I haven't read the novels, but my understanding is we've barely scratched the story in these 20 some episodes.

While I hope for a season two (and probably three, four, five, etc), I've long become used to anime based on light novels just ending, leaving you hanging if you can't read Japanese.

The previous anime that did this to me last was Guin Saga, which is probably the poster child of a story in which the anime version only showed what can really be thought of as the first page of the prologue.

Anyways, we all know Ryner isn't going to hurt a hair on Sion's head, so he's either going to be beat down, or someone is going to save him. I mean, for supposedly being a monster and #1 magic user of Roland, Ryner is actually the biggest softy ever. He can talk tough at times, and show impressive magic, but he's about the only fighting character in this show that hasn't actually hurt anyone (again, in his Ryner persona; not that alter ego of his). Frankly, if it wasn't for Ferris and his darker side taking control at times, Ryner would be fish food on a regular basis.

Anyways, I never liked Sion, I probably never will, and I know that ultimately Sion will likely go through some dark phase and then be redeemed in some lovingly gay-but-not-gay touching reunion with Ryner and Co. in like Season 10 ;p but I just don't like Sion. I mean I can dream he gets his ass kicked, but we know that's never going to happen. So....I guess the only question is who saves Ryner? His father?
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 20:54   Link #1378
larethian

I'll suggest further questions be asked after the anime ends, and in the light novel thread
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 23:27   Link #1379
diniz~

I saw the episode 23 and thought: what the fuck is that?
What was that? That struggle,
Spoiler for fight episode 23:

Could someone explain me?
diniz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 23:57   Link #1380
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by diniz~ View Post
I saw the episode 23 and thought: what the fuck is that?
What was that? That struggle,
Spoiler for fight episode 23:

Could someone explain me?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
nah, Sion is trying to kill Ryner before the hero takes over...most likely, he wants to spare him from a fate worse than death...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
giorno was spot on. If Sion's dark side won out, he'd have no qualms eating Ryner, but that'd mean subjecting Ryner to eternal torment, according to Riphal. So as a friend, Sion would prefer to give Ryner a mercy kill before that happens.
There ya go.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen