AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-06-19, 08:14   Link #5881
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Convincing each others is generally impossible in the case of an argument, things are never black or white as such there are a multitudes point of view possible on one question. The goal then is simply to convince people who have no POV on the question. That s why people argue and rarely they argue when there is nobody around to read their arguments (be it on TV or internet).
Argument is actually good if moderated, it forces us to think and reconsider our viewpoints and positions. Makes us more decisive IMO.

We are given a brain for a reason. If we don't use it to understand and simply learn, we are simply machines with a biological construct; what is the point of living? Might as well become soylent green to feed those who want the freedom of thought but are continually suppressed by thoughtcrime-busters.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 08:36   Link #5882
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Debate or arguments work if *both* parties have the ability to adapt/change their viewpoint based on new information -- in other words, they're able to think critically. If either party lacks that skill, then all you can do is try to isolate that person so they can't mislead/misinform others (demonstrate to the audience they're such a person).
Old 2012-06-19, 15:24   Link #5883
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Does anyone know a better method to get rid of my moustache? I tried tweezers, but it takes time and plenty of patience. I have been warned sternly not to use razor.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 15:49   Link #5884
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

razor would produce evil results, the hair grows back thicker ... there are some facial dipilatories (creams) but your mileage may vary. You may have to try several products to find one that doesn't irritate you. There's also some bleachy products but that depends on your skin tone as to whether it is a good idea or not.

That No-No hair remover product is a con scam disaster - stay away. It burns the hair off essentially (and the top skin layer, most reviews comment on the burning skin smell).

I've looked at products periodically even as a guy because I can shave to the blood line and two hours later I've got scruffy skin.
Old 2012-06-19, 15:55   Link #5885
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I used 2 products, and both times I suffered swollen upper lip. I bought it according to Amazon reviews. My lady moustache is not very apparent, but I am still sensitive about it.

Old 2012-06-19, 16:01   Link #5886
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There may be some estrogen creams or laser treatments to try (see skin doctor). Outside of those - everything else I've seen looks painful (tapes, drying goo - both ripped off at the end) :P
Old 2012-06-19, 16:27   Link #5887
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

You could grow it into something like a Fu Manchu or even a Viking 'stache with braids and everything. That would rock!

Endless "Helpful" Soul
Old 2012-06-19, 16:35   Link #5888
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

If I do that, no one would marry me.

Endless "Meanie" Soul

Old 2012-06-19, 17:10   Link #5889
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Hmm, I had a friend who had a similar problem. She used waxing to remove it, and it seemed to work. If one waxes enough the hair stops growing in. My entire left leg is bald because I wax. Makes the right one look odd though. Waxing can be painful though and if your have sensative skin it might not be possible.

I'm assuming you're female based on the comment you put. However, lazer and electrolosys has gotten a lot cheaper nowadays. Depending on where you live you can get treatments as low as 150$ a month. Not bad~
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 17:21   Link #5890
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
If I do that, no one would marry me.

Endless "Meanie" Soul
Well, if you argue for your limitations, you'll get them. ~shrugs~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuno View Post
However, lazer and electrolosys has gotten a lot cheaper nowadays. Depending on where you live you can get treatments as low as 150$ a month. Not bad~
Also, since you have darker hair, it should work pretty good. The lasers seem to have a problem with white and red hair.

Endless "Not so mean" Soul
Old 2012-06-19, 18:43   Link #5891
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawarimi View Post
What exactly is the point of an argument?
1. To prove they're wrong.
2. To prove your smarter.
3. To kill time....

NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 19:02   Link #5892
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
1. To prove they're wrong.
2. To prove your smarter.
3. To kill time....

(I'm going to apologize in advance)

<doofus voice> I am going to ignore your argument because it is "you're", not "your" in bullet item 2.

(how not to argue on the Intartubes... )
Old 2012-06-19, 21:00   Link #5893
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
(I'm going to apologize in advance)

<doofus voice> I am going to ignore your argument because it is "you're", not "your" in bullet item 2.

(how not to argue on the Intartubes... )
Oh, guess I failed in this one... Vexx's smarter!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 00:01   Link #5894
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Rofl, that is great I have seen that mostly on youtube videos. I never understood why people argue on youtube.

Now for my question! How long does it take for a cavity to turn into a root canal situation?
Old 2012-06-20, 01:42   Link #5895
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
razor would produce evil results, the hair grows back thicker.
I've always felt the same way but experts insist that shaving doesn't cause hair to grow back thicker and coarser. I don't know why they say so. It simply doesn't tally with my real-life experience.

Am currently sporting sideburns. I reckon that, if I wished, I could potentially have mutton-chop whiskers... but I don't think I'll ever go that far. As it were, my sideburns are a mess every morning and I'm going to have to trim them to look presentable.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 05:02   Link #5896
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Do nice guys often, if not always, finish last?

Because after my recent debacle I think it's time to reassess my stubborn adherence to my beliefs after 10 years worth of constant failure.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 06:51   Link #5897
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Do nice guys often, if not always, finish last?

Because after my recent debacle I think it's time to reassess my stubborn adherence to my beliefs after 10 years worth of constant failure.
Nice and observant. I know oblivious/absent-minded people that always try to be nice but they do not finish last. They still prioritize themselves first. It's not intentional. It's just that other people do not have a place in their mind.

I'm not a nice person but I am quite sensitive to environment and fine details in people. It's quite easy to notice other people who are observant and kind. Those people and I think very alike. Everything we do, we think of how it will affect everyone else. Except they decide to be nice put others ahead of themselves and I decide to be comparably more selfish.

They finish last because very few people are observant enough to even notice a genuinely kind person. They only pick up the artificial/forced generosity people like to pretend to have. They give more than they get, so it's natural they get the shorter end of the stick.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 17:10   Link #5898
Yuno
Balanced Diet

In my book nice guys don't finish last. That is if they practice genuine kindness. I find that a lot of the guys who claim to be "Nice guys" tend to be very self-centered. They always complain about what is effecting them, whilst not even paying attention to other people. That or they are so self-entitled I can't be bothered to be around them. I've had so called nice guys turn into some of the worst abusers ever. Then after beating me, and dump me. They turn around and say "Why can't I find the right woman. I am a nice guy." As for true nice guys, I've never met one. Though I if I did, and he didn't look down on me and accepted me for everything that I was. I would be intensily loyal to them.
Old 2012-06-20, 20:57   Link #5899
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I'm looking for an English word....

It sounds along the like 'wave', 'wage' or 'weight' or something like that. But it means to either approve or rid a certain status.

Anyone know a word like that
Old 2012-06-20, 21:03   Link #5900
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I'm looking for an English word....

It sounds along the like 'wave', 'wage' or 'weight' or something like that. But it means to either approve or rid a certain status.

Anyone know a word like that
Are you referring to the word "waive"?

Tags
problem, q&a, serious