AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 17 23.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 14.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 30.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.68%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 5.63%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.82%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-06, 17:17   Link #101
maximilianjenus
[E]

If anything i saw something wrong the the direction as that scene should have been shown before she was shown as being hurt so it felt like foreshading instead of making excuses .
Old 2012-08-06, 17:32   Link #102
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
If anything i saw something wrong the the direction as that scene should have been shown before she was shown as being hurt so it felt like foreshading instead of making excuses .
Well, I remember she was breathing really hard after she fell, just before Yuuya asked her if she was fine. By then I could already tell something was wrong with her, before that scene in the jungle when she finally told Yuuya about it. I'm glad she didn't announce that she had some sort of illness or something...that would be a bummer.
Old 2012-08-06, 18:03   Link #103
Pen3

I am starting to like the intro song more and more.
Old 2012-08-06, 18:05   Link #104
Belgaesh

Putting aside the main characters a bit, Stella was absolutely gorgeous in this episode.
Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2012-08-06, 18:15   Link #105
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
Putting aside the main characters a bit, Stella was absolutely gorgeous in this episode.
Spoiler for NSFW:
Those look heavy.
Old 2012-08-06, 18:42   Link #106
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Worry not, Ikea training help her dealing with those.
Old 2012-08-06, 20:52   Link #107
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
Those look heavy.
Stella needs help with those. I'll gladly support them with my bare hands and lessen her burden.
Old 2012-08-06, 21:26   Link #108
rafael1932
claymores pimp

So when are we going to have more action like the episode 2 ( i think it was this one; the one where people were getting killed here and there)?

Something says to me that the next one will not be it. also I think that they are trying to make this more ecchi and I don’t like it because the author has no talent for ecchi and is a huge let down after the first 2 or 3 episodes. By the way why are they in the beach? Does this mean that the aliens are taking vacations as well?
Old 2012-08-06, 22:08   Link #109
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
I am starting to like the intro song more and more.
You’re not the only one, my friend. I think it’s a nice techno (or whatever it’s called) song that fit with the theme. I was already hooked by the OP since the 2nd episode. The song grows on you just like Gundam AGE’s 1st OP.
Old 2012-08-06, 23:24   Link #110
Kmos

I'm one of those that got suckered into thinking it was more action-y from the first two episodes. Now, I'm just hoping it isn't like Infinite Stratos? The visuals here agree with me more than IS and the hope for some beta attacks.

Edit: About the epi: it's very possible to sprain her ankle pulling those boats in, they're heavy and on a sandy beach. Yui probably didn't have a good foothold and lost her ground with a strong pull. Not much to this epi, I didn't enjoy it much. Fan service is good but it's the only thing going for it this epi.
Old 2012-08-07, 01:08   Link #111
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Are there people actually wondering how hard it is to pull a zodiac? The damn things weight 25kg uninflated, and 50 kilos inflated. Trying to pull one loaded up with equipment up a beach in the rain and in almost absolute darkness is a stone bitch, with injuries to fingers and feet common.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-08-07, 02:28   Link #112
DoomRavager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
So when are we going to have more action like the episode 2 ( i think it was this one; the one where people were getting killed here and there)?

Something says to me that the next one will not be it. also I think that they are trying to make this more ecchi and I don’t like it because the author has no talent for ecchi and is a huge let down after the first 2 or 3 episodes. By the way why are they in the beach? Does this mean that the aliens are taking vacations as well?
It's not like the rules allow those questions to be answered using the source as a basis or anything, but ignoring the source altogether I personally think it would be kind of hard to stretch out a beach episode for one and a half cours.

Last edited by DoomRavager; 2012-08-07 at 03:23.
Old 2012-08-07, 02:55   Link #113
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Just to clarify on the impressions some have on this episode.

TE and the Muv Luv franchise are generally not written as an standard harem type plot, though elements have been included in them, and lately H has not been the script writer's objective. The fan-service possibilities in this episode was scripted as a contrast to the weeks of testing that came before. Its also a plot mechanism that allows for interaction outside of the professional environment to allow for character building.

That being said, it is the job of the animation director to take the preexisting written script and present it in an anime format acceptable to the audience, which can be quite difficult for an franchise as established as ML. It has to be presented to both people that are new and those who are experienced, and a balance in the material shown has to be done.

Ideally this would generally require an director with experience in Sci-Fi military anime supported and co-directed with someone who has experience in adventure romance anime. Unfortunately, the directors who was willing to give ML:TE a go is someone who has basically done mostly harem type anime.

So when fan-service is presented in that format, it can seem oddly out of place. This is in my own opinion though, as I feel some parts in the previous few episodes would have been done quite differently with the focus on other events, if it was directed by someone who has experience in the military fiction line.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-08-07 at 03:10.
Old 2012-08-07, 03:03   Link #114
potchip

Don't tell me this will turn into island survivor like Nadia lolz. Yui cannot be Japanese, the size of her breasts do not agree!
Old 2012-08-07, 03:05   Link #115
zeth006

Wait. So does Yui really like Yuuya?! They haven't even interacted all that much! Don't tell me it was the abs that did it....!!
Old 2012-08-07, 03:14   Link #116
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Japanese women can be very supple too. There's a reason why they do fan service better than anyone else.

Back on topic: Even though it was a beach episode, it was good development for the core characters.

Yui's barrier is slowly cracking and revealing a nugget of her real personality while Yuuya is taking charge and leading the pack. I think even she noticed how reliable he is. That and she was scoping him hard too.

I like how he was waiting for her to snap back at him during that little "interrogation" in the cave.

He was ready to lash back at her, but when she went silent he didn't know what to do. lol

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2012-08-07 at 03:35.
Old 2012-08-07, 03:21   Link #117
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth006 View Post
Wait. So does Yui really like Yuuya?! They haven't even interacted all that much! Don't tell me it was the abs that did it....!!
Inverse Fifth-wall, most likely they have interactions not shown in the episodes, since he has had to train up his piloting skills over the last week. In the previous episode it was shown that she already admired his natural talent privately.

Also, she was feeling depressed that she might have gone too far with her previous actions, and had a lower self esteem. Hearing from a subordinate that she was behaving illogically while being in pain also lowered her barriers. And finally, physical contact while she was hapless, which is assumed to be her first time in close contact with a male almost naked. That type of interaction can give attraction a serious boost.

Followed by "I'm Curious" by Chitan.. Cryska would drive her already unstable emotions along a well trodden path...

Old 2012-08-07, 03:24   Link #118
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You’re not the only one, my friend. I think it’s a nice techno (or whatever it’s called) song that fit with the theme. I was already hooked by the OP since the 2nd episode. The song grows on you just like Gundam AGE’s 1st OP.
The song... gives you a pumping beat... its ear catching...!!!
Old 2012-08-07, 03:29   Link #119
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Inverse Fifth-wall, most likely they have interactions not shown in the episodes, since he has had to train up his piloting skills over the last week. In the previous episode it was shown that she already admired his natural talent privately.

Also, she was feeling depressed that she might have gone too far with her previous actions, and had a lower self esteem. Hearing from a subordinate that she was behaving illogically while being in pain also lowered her barriers. And finally, physical contact while she was hapless, which is assumed to be her first time in close contact with a male almost naked. That type of interaction can give attraction a serious boost.

Followed by "I'm Curious" by Chitan.. Cryska would drive her already unstable emotions along a well trodden path...
Don't forget that Yuuya basically played white knight in shining armor this ep. and doing that princess carry almost every heroine in the manga/anime/light novel/visual novel universe falls for.

But on a more serious note, I also think it may have to do with the fact that they can both be alike in a few ways just like Vincent mentioned to Yuuya before.
Old 2012-08-07, 03:33   Link #120
potchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
Don't forget that Yuuya basically played white knight in shining armor this ep. and doing that princess carry almost every heroine in the manga/anime/light novel/visual novel universe falls for.

But on a more serious note, I also think it may have to do with the fact that they can both be alike in a few ways just like Vincent mentioned to Yuuya before.
It's standard anime to have the smallest favours in the world gets you female attention. To be honest carrying someone on the back, especially a women, and for a military personnel, is like a handshake. I'm surprised they needed 2 to carry the russian to begin with.
Closed Thread