AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-15, 07:02   Link #3101
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
If he throws in some memory loss schtick I might just drop this manga...
Amen to that. Well, I really hope he won't pull something so cliche after already using the "power loss" shtick. The "optimistic" estimate here is that he's just feeling depressed about the Elder's death. After all, it was his plan and it backfired rather spectacularly... Well, we'll know the next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
After seeing it again my thing is how did the Sunwoo guys lose to the SWAT guys? Not knocking SWAT or anything, but you'd think they could have handled them easily...
Quite so. Remember how those SUC mooks easily kicked the SWAT way back in NW? If the Sunwoo can't do better than some ki-powered mooks, then...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 08:09   Link #3102
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah, being a murim in's really meaningless.

Unless they just surrendered after the treatment was done, I guess. (Since even then, they couldn't move Shioon.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 08:56   Link #3103
erdii

well a memory loss would be better than a depressed shion blaming himself. if used well it may cause some funny moments. 9AD should come and see his student situation
Old 2013-03-15, 09:26   Link #3104
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
well a memory loss would be better than a depressed shion blaming himself. if used well it may cause some funny moments. 9AD should come and see his student situation
I strongly disagree there - a memory loss would only delay the whole "Shioon depressed and blaming himself" situation - assuming we don't have a memory loss here as some predict, I expect Shioon to eventually get over it in a few chapters, which is better than delaying the inevitable.

However, I don't think we have a memory loss here - it wouldn't make much sense story-wise, if you ask me. For one thing, without him the Sunwoo clan's likely to perish wiin th enear future. Also, with him away from the scene, SUC's likely going to be making their move for taking over Seoul... But since Shioon's not actually dead, that also means the SUC'll be leaving themselves wide open, for when Shioon returns from his little vacation at that place, the tide's likely to turn against them...
Old 2013-03-15, 11:25   Link #3105
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I'm getting the feeling that I can take a 2 year break from this manga, come back, and the story still wouldn't have gone anywhere.
It really has seemed to slow down recently, well things are certainly still moving forward it is no where near the pace that it was in the first season. I think that is a good thing kind of though, the road to getting one's powers back shouldn't be like in bleach where in 2 chapters you can get all of your lost power back, it takes time and effort which we have seen through most of the second half so far.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 12:06   Link #3106
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I'm getting the feeling that I can take a 2 year break from this manga, come back, and the story still wouldn't have gone anywhere.
Welcome to manwha where the story starts lagging since the birth of LIM Dall-Young.
Old 2013-03-15, 13:33   Link #3107
KLGChaos
The Shermain

If there's a memory loss I'm done with this manga. Amnesia is the cheapest and poorest drama device out there. It dragged Ga-Rei down for the longest time and I'm sure this will be the same. It's bad enough that the bad guys basically won (minus achieving their goal of actually killing Shioon), but to have amnesia loss on top of that, combined with yet ANOTHER damsel in distress situation... It's a clear sign the author is grasping for ideas.
Old 2013-03-15, 14:17   Link #3108
Lummie

• The Alliance runs a hospital
  • Sera's group runs a hospital
  • The Sunwoo clan runs a hospital
  • That medical guy who's treating the nurse has his own medical facility

+ 80% of the time in New Waves, Shioon was in one of them and now he arrived at one run by the government.

It's becoming: The Breaker: New Hospitals if this goes on... Oh yeah, we haven't seen Chundomoon's hospital yet...
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 14:25   Link #3109
Gundamx

No one want his martial art user to be treat by other who could know about secret art by look at injury look (cut from where // how deep / hand / finger...etc)
+
Other people can use them as hostage or attack them in hospital don't to mention since they are clan with many member = its normal to have many injury member

I guess it start with few rooms >> meber from rival clan don't want to in same room or even wings >> wings for clan >> more fight (assassination) >> build your own hospital
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 15:05   Link #3110
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Memory loss may well be a positive thing, his new personality could turn out to be a deadly butt-kicking manly assassin who likes women. Now, if his ki-center is broken again and he is back to being to being the only character who can't fight, that would suck.
Old 2013-03-15, 15:17   Link #3111
zibi88

well I just hope he doesnt lose memory... but now he just woke up in an unknown place... so he is confused about what happened...where he is...how long has it been since then.... and might be sad that becouse of him elder jun died so he wont dare to show his face to Jine or sera becouse he will feel ashamed

and somehow I have a feeling that this will make shioon get to the alliance side and get some support there... so later on he can unite alliance and sunwoo clan to fight Suc....

well the genius boy just found out about shioon and might want to look more into it and maybe will find shioon and hide him for the time beign till he gets better...

maybe some time apart from jinee and sera will make it for better... since when he appears again both with hug him from joy :P
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 17:13   Link #3112
Xaturas

Memory loss, character change, here it comes.
Old 2013-03-15, 17:56   Link #3113
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
  • The Alliance runs a hospital
  • Sera's group runs a hospital
  • The Sunwoo clan runs a hospital
  • That medical guy who's treating the nurse has his own medical facility

+ 80% of the time in New Waves, Shioon was in one of them and now he arrived at one run by the government.

It's becoming: The Breaker: New Hospitals if this goes on... Oh yeah, we haven't seen Chundomoon's hospital yet...
I believe the author is just introducing all those hospitals in case he gets injured, you can't really have enough of those with a MC like Shioon.
Just waiting for a statement by the author that these 100+ chapter are just the prologue for New waves.
Old 2013-03-15, 22:48   Link #3114
Xaturas

And new waves will mean new brain waves, and he will switch from superman mentality to batman mentality and start killing shit.
Old 2013-03-16, 00:27   Link #3115
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
And new waves will mean new brain waves, and he will switch from superman mentality to batman mentality and start killing shit.
"Batman mentality"? I think that's the wrong name to invoke, considering Batman is one of the biggest poster boys for the "Thou Shalt Not Kill" trope
Old 2013-03-16, 05:19   Link #3116
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Wolverine mentality, then.

Though he had a bit of Hulk mentality against Bald Ryu.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 11:25   Link #3117
erdii

9AD dragon should just come back ı am missing funny scenes of first season. well memory loss would be interesting but ı wonder what will goverment do ?
Old 2013-03-16, 12:54   Link #3118
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
9AD dragon should just come back ı am missing funny scenes of first season. well memory loss would be interesting but ı wonder what will goverment do ?
Could you elaborate on this, please?
Old 2013-03-16, 13:44   Link #3119
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Memory loss can be interesting if they do it right. Personally I think Shiwoon is gonna be in super-depressed mode.
Old 2013-03-19, 05:56   Link #3120
Raxnom
気疲れ

Cover sketch for Chapter 110 is on artists blog.
http://blog.naver.com/tdstudio/100183322788

To be honest, with such cover I don't even know what to expect.

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves